Tau

only good guys race in 40k may post here. Ultramarines are welcome too but only if they behave

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qytXyIGuO4g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hello there, filthy xenos.

>good guys
>only Ultramarines

WOT DO YA MEEN BY GOOD GUYZ? ORKZ IZ BEST!

>only good guys race in 40k
>Imperialistic shitheads concerned only with expanding their silly little tinpot empire
>Meanwhile, based Eldar are working to save the galaxy from Chaos

You belong in a zoo.

So we know you failed hard reading comprehension in mid school now.

The amount of people with no reading comprehension is absolutely barbaric

Even the xeno can discern who the emperor's finest warriors are.

>good guys
>mind controlling space commies
OK goyim whatever you say

>only good guys race in 40k may post here
"Only the "good" races (i.e. Tau, according to the pic and title, possibly Eldar) from 40k may post.

>Ultramarines are welcome too but only if they behave
"Ultramarines are the only faction that can be allowed in addition to Tau, but only if they're being nice."

>which implies the Salamanders aren't as nice as Ultrasmurfs
>therefore TRIGGERED

I'm sorry if people don't understand what "only good guys race" means.

Like I'm not even sure if that refers to one race IE "only the good guys race", or plural IE "Only the good guy races".

Either way, even corrected, the sentence is an abomination and deserves to be dragged behind the grain silo and shot out of pity.

>emperor's finest

been reading up on some tau stuff because im thinking of getting into warhammer 40k (have only played with a friend a few times so i have a good grasp on rules and rolling etc)

am i overlooking a lot of things or does it seem like the only really effective means of combating vehicles, specifically AV 14 is by getting within 9" with fusion blasters and getting that extra d6 for AP?

almost all of the other options that i have seen are usually strength 8, with stormsurges being an exception along with heavy railguns on the hammerheads (s10ap1) and for all of the s8 attacks it has it makes it dependant on getting a 6 to even glance it.

also, not sure if im interpreting it right, but would a riptide with a novacharged heavy burst cannon be able to break through AV 14 by having 12 s6 shots, which have rending (add extra d3 to AP roll against vehicles on a hit of 6) so if you got average and got 2 sixes to hit, then managed to get another 6 to AP roll, and then managed to get a 3+ youd glance AV 14?

You really are an autist,
It only means only the good guy races can post and Ultramarines, being borderline not that good, can stay if they behave. It does not define good guy in any way.

I mean we know you didn't made it to college but please.

It's certainly a better way than it was back in the day. You could buy a squad of broadsides, equip two of them with the thing that lets you shoot other targets, and one squad could obliterate all the landraiders your enemy could hope to bring in a couple of turns.

did broadsides have s10 shots or something that needed serious nerf back then is that what you mean?

>In 341 M41 Captain Ardias of the Ultramarines 3rd Company saves the life of Imperial Admiral Constantine from Tau Fire Warriors assaulting his flagship. After some debate, Ardias persuades the Tau to fight the forces of chaos ravaging the planet beneath them. Under the direction of Captain Ardias foul xenos turn their guns on traitor heretics. After killing scores of heretic Word Bearers it is Fire Warrior Kais who manages to kill the turncoat planetary governor, only for his corpse to be possessed by a daemon, which is again killed. Finally the planet is liberated because of the uneasy temporary alliance between the Tau and the glorious 3rd Company of Ultramarines.

Old Broadsides railguns were a lot better

The new grand alliance will be Ultramarines with their primarch and Tau.

AV14 is designed to be frustratingly hard to bring down.

There's generally 3 major ways to do it:

1. Getting into melee. Most AV14 vehicles, the Land Raider and Necron heavy vehicles being exceptions, have weaker armor in the rear arc. Melee hits the rear arc.
2. Special rules abuse. Rules like Melta, Lance, and Ordnance can reduce the effectiveness of armor.
3. Sheer, overwhelming firepower. S10 has a 50% chance of damaging AV14.

Usually you'll do damage with some combination of two of these. For Tau, melee is right out, so Fusion guns (S8 Melta) and Railguns (S10) are usually your best bet.

Regarding the heavy burst cannon, YES, it can do that, but using the nova reactor as a primary method of damage is dangerous (it can kill you).

12 S6 shots at BS3 will make 6 hits, of which ONE will Rend, and a further two thirds of those will do damage, so your novacharge trick will statistically shave 2/3 of a hull point off a land raider.

>Regarding the heavy burst cannon, YES, it can do that, but using the nova reactor as a primary method of damage is dangerous (it can kill you).

Thats why you run the riptide wing formation for the nova charge rerolls

That actually wouldn't surprise me at all

i suppose its just as well that if you have an enormous number of markerlights on a single vehicle you can reroll 1s because they are the most dangerous with gets hot meaning any 1s you roll have a very good chance of being negated and being turned into hits.

its just that the alternative is using a s8 (s9 if novacharged) large blast against vehicles which have a 1/6 chance of even glancing IF they hit which makes things like a leman russ squadron seem terrifying to me unless you just deepstrike a crisis suit team in behind them so they can blow them to pieces with fusion blasters instead, as even a hammerhead will be hard pressed to get rid of a mass of tanks due to its one shot a turn which has a 50% chance of missing anyway, and then a 50% chance to not glance.

i just checked 3ed broadsides and they had the same s10ap1 gun the hammerhead has

This works, but carries a further downside: lots of players think the riptide is an unbalanced unit and the formation for it is REALLY unbalanced. They'll give you shit and probably refuse to play with you.

As a new player, you have some leeway, but don't overuse cheese.

im i wouldnt expect to really have more than one riptide and i was trying to see if a riptide would be able to deal with a landraider or even a leman russ on its own merits, so unless theres something ive missed about its anti tank ability it seems pretty limited and dependant on those lucky sixes.

The riptide's primary strength is in durability and mobility. There are VERY few units in the game that can kill one quickly, so it can generally be relied upon to get in close enough to use its twin-linked Fusion Blasters.

I think the fact that I DID go to college is the problem here. See, when you read something in English, you can't always know what a word is supposed to mean. For example, "lead". As I used it there, it could be the noun for the metal named "lead", or the verb meaning "to lead", or the synonym for "leash". In cases like this, how do we you know what I meant? You'll need to take clues from the rest of the sentence or paragraph to understand which definition was intended.

Now, in the case of OP's post ():
"good guys race".
There are several ways to interpret what they're saying here, due to the grammatical and possible spelling errors (as pointed out). It could mean "Only the 'Good Guys' race", singular, most likely referencing Tau since they are in the image and title. If you assume that "race" was a spelling mistake and they intended to type "races", plural, then it could be interpreted as "Only the good guy races", meaning, the "good guys" of 40k.

Therein lies another problem - who are the "good guys"? The term "good" is subjective to the extreme, such that there is no way of knowing who these plural "good guy races" are. We need context, which in this case is the image, title, and following sentence of "Ultramarines are welcome too but only if they behave".

So, from our understanding of the context, the "good guys" consist of at least the Tau Empire. No reference to any other race or faction is given, which could imply that Tau are the only "good" race, according to OP. But this is only an implication, we don't know for sure. What we DO know is that the "Ultramarines are welcome too but only if they behave".

This implies that the Ultramarines could be considered of the "good guy" races as well. Their status as one of the "good guys" is a bit shaky, though, as shown by "only if they behave". So now we know the Ultramarines were singled out for being an "iffy" good guy race - what can we take away from that? Since there is NO more context for anything, past this point is pure speculation. You could interpret this one of two ways;
The Imperium is evil, but the Ultramarines are allowed because they're the best or
The Imperium is good, but the Ultramarines may not necessarily be.
How do know which is which? We don't. In this instance, I assumed OP meant the it the first way, as the Ultramarines are commonly called "The Imperium's finest." The Imperium's "best" guys, or their "good" guys, if you put it another way. There is also the story quoted, which expresses the Ultramarines being less xenophobic than the Empire at large (making them "good guys" in the eyes of the Tau in this instance).

I'm sorry you dropped out of school, but I'm sure you can take online classes and get your GED eventually.

I know that comment was bait, and I don't care.

oh i guess i got so hung up on its main weapon i forgot it even had TL fusion blasters, and it can use nova charge to jump 4d6 inches in assault phase and use another nova charge to fire its second weapon twice, so leap to within 9" and then hit the tanks with two TL fusion blaster shots and you can almost guarantee a explosion, especially with AP 1, and even easier if make sure youre hitting them from the sides or back, which you can do relatively easy with the distances you can move

Remember that using the nova reactor is always a gamble. You have the wounds to do it a few times but it can bite you in the ass late-game when you're down to one wound.

And for the purpose of knowing, 2 TL blasters at BS 3 (IIRC) gives a 75% chance of hitting, and a further 58.33% chance of a PENETRATING hit (glances don't count if you're trying for an explosion). On top of THAT you have a 33% chance of causing the vehicle to explode.

So you have (3/4)*(6/10)*(1/3)=(18/120)=15%.

It'll do damage. But don't expect it to work every time.

isnt the point of tau though their ability to compensate for their average BS 3 by using markerlights? so you can use them to increase chances of landing hits and removing their cover save if they have one.

also the vehicle damage table seems frustrating because in many cases id rather roll a 1 or 2 (+2 with ap1) to have their crew firing snap shots rather than destroying a useless sponson or having a tank that was already camping behind cover become immobilised.

You're all forgetting the real heroes of 40k.

:')

Yes, markerlights allow you to get around crap BS, and furthermore they let you ignore cover, which is also useful.

Also note that when you penetrate a target, any roll but 2 or 3 on an AP 1 weapon will stop them firing. This is because those two will either immobilize the vehicle (which doesn't stop it shooting) or destroy a weapon (which won't stop the others).

>half painted
>no basing
>let the shade pool up everywhere
>filthy apartment
>flash photography
really xenos filth? is that the best you can do?

i suppose snap firing is *almost* as bad as not being able to fire at all, but i could always imagine there being a very rare vanquisher shot knocking out a hammerhead or something in a final fuck you

user, that's the wrong yellow chapter. That one doesn't get anything done, but this one does.

Have the Tau ever meet the Salamanders? Which major chapters have ever faced them beside Ultramarines, Raven Guard, and the Khans?

With assault guns and other one-trick ponies like the Vindicator and Vanquisher, weapon destroyed results in an 'effective kill', which is knocking out the vehicle's ability to contribute to the fight.

An important trick in 40k play is that you don't need to destroy all your opponent's units to win, and 9/10 times this won't be possible anyway. Take what you can get.

I haven't started collecting Tau yet, but I plan on going out and getting myself the begin collecting set and maybe a broadside and a riptide as well once I'm no longer coughing my guts out. Am I allowed to post here?

The raptors got BTFO and the ultramarines had to come and try to save them.

thats the same boat im in at the moment just waiting until ive got the money sitting spare. the start collecting pack looks to be fantastic value considering the crisis suits are like $125 by themselves ($AUD that is, with the start collecting being $140AUD) though id probably end up getting a different commander eventually because the tau ethereal looks pretty lackluster.

do you have an idea for colour schemes? i was thinking of just being a sucker for gimmicks and going for farsight enclave red and black

>squandering one of the Imperium's most valuable resource: marine lives
>therefore dooming more civilians in the long run than they could ever possibly save with their silly martyr complex
>heroes

Iron Hands, I believe.

I was planning on painting them up something like this, but with purple instead of orange. youtube.com/watch?v=qytXyIGuO4g

>Tau are the good guys!

This meme isn't even true if you're T'au. Rape camps, caste systems, mind control, forced military and other services, lobotomies for those that step out of line.

There are 2 Races you can make arguments for being 'Heroes' in a nationalistic sense in 40k. Necrontyr and Craftworld Eldar. The former has empires that even treat humans relatively well compared to the imperium. The latter has created a near perfect society dwindling only because of imperial prejudice and then only in select areas. Even Iyanden has almost solved the whole "nommed on by nids" issue and has several advanced colony worlds.

t. butthurt raven guard

Tau rape camps? That's news to me.
The Caste system is creepy, yes... but it also exists in the Imperium too. Tau are "good guys" by comparison. If they showed up in Star Trek, they'd be villains on par with the Dominion.

>creepy

Its a straight copy of the Indian Caste system

>mindcontrol gommie xenos
>good guys
At least you got the Ultramarines part right

Make way for the only faction which is:

1. Strictly meritocratic
2. Capable of making it's followers immortal
3. Is honest in it's intentions
4. Realistic about the nature of the 40K universe

*side affects may include insanity, daemonic possession, mindless anger, uncontrollable mutation, incurable disease, rape by daemonic futa, and/or eternal damnation

You can't even write properly in English

Those criteria all literally also work for the Tyranids as well.

How are the Tyranids meritocratic?

The disposable and recyclable nature of nids makes it different, but only the best biological adaptations are passed unto the next generations

I love playing games of warhams fort-kay with my Tau army!
I always play with my butt plug in though tee hee

>finest
>didn't even fight at the Siege of Terra

Wow, you think that is a gage of finest? Someone doesn't know their fluff very well.

>badly painted or unpainted, none of them are based at all, stormsurge only partially assembled
typical taufag

I don't understand why Veeky Forums still thinks Tau hate is a meme. Like, we have so much concrete evidence to Taufaggotry being an actual, commonly occurring phenomenon. For some reason the Tau faction just naturally attracts absolute scumbags. My guess is that it's the compounding effect of 40K already being super beardy combined with additionally attracting the overlap of weeaboo mecha enthusiasts who are also autistic and beardy in their own way to begin with.

yo when are we getting raptors as part of his honor guard

>yo when are we getting craptors as part of his honor guard

FTFY

Walking through some of the Imperial towns and cities that I helped liberate, I'd sure as shit say we're the good guys.

Free medical care, food, education for everyone. A place for everyone and everyone in their place, as the saying goes.

Should hear some of the stories my Old Man tells about his time in the Imperial Guard. Commissars, uncaring commanders, being just meat for the grinder.

Glad he switched sides to give me a better life.

Preach it brother. Me and my friends played 40k for the very first time and I forged the narrative so hard. Me and my cousin playing he was IG being meat grinder and then mere moments before I shot he last IG soldier I saud. This is for the planet.

He cried out in shock and then the game score was tallied. I went on to give free health care to the residents and look at the shocked face on my cousins face.

Now that is forging the narrative heh.

Yeah, overall, the Tau would have to be the "Good" race.
Yeah, they have a bunch of dodgy stuff that they do, like the slight tendency to brainwashing. But all of that is done for a very good end goal, and it works very well, even if the moral ideas are iffy.
Eldar, they had their chance, but murderfucked a god into existance.
Imperium, that would have been good if no chaos.
Orks, good for them, no one else.
Chaos, some may have good intentions, but ultimately the good intentions of Nurgle aren't very good, and the other three don't care about good.
Yes there are exceptions, like several SM chapters, like the afore mentioned Salamanders and Lamenters, but as a whole the Imperium is kinda corrupt and dystopian.
Eldar are just saving themselves, and treat all other races as inferior. Orks wanna smash.
Nids wanna eat.
Whilst they may have bad traits, the Tau are the only ones who are actually trying to improve the galaxy for everyone with their influence, and as such, are the only good race.

Hey Taufags, I recently bought the Tau Battleforce and joined the Greater Gayness™.

How should I kit out my Broadside and Commander? I am going for maximum cheese here.

Next purchase will be more stealth suits so I can pull out an optimized stealth cadre, and a riptide, because I want to embrace the cheese.

This was my prototype scheme and it's insanely quick. /40kg/ already shat all over it, but I've gone and painted another full squad of pathfinders today as well as a squad of stealth guys.

>I went on to give free health care to the residents
So you either
1.) forced doctors to work for free at gunpoint
or
2.) took money from the citizens at gunpoint to make them pay for things they didn't want, whose prices were inflated by government bureaucracy.

How good of you.

HYMP arms on the XV88 with plasma shoulder

XV85 should be full support with no weapons and all the systems that give things like split fire, etc.

>and treat all other races as inferior

The Tau are the same, they're just less obvious about it. They preach peace and equality, but you'll never see a human commanding the Fire Caste. The Eldar are honest in their disdain; the Tau hide it behind a patronising veneer.

Also, it wasn't like the Eldar went out of their way to knowingly create Slaanesh. They had no idea what was going to happen, and they've been trying to put it right ever since.

I am a weeaboo mecha enthusiast and agree that the mecha fandom is predominately comprised of autistic teenagers. For examples go to /m/ and read basically any thread.

But at least I'm not a taufag!

It's not, like...awful? It just says "lol guess who used an airbrush!"

And, upon further examination, it looks like all of your pathfinders were roughly facing the same carnifex when it sneezed.

Still, could be worse.

>but you'll never see a human commanding the Fire Caste.

Actually, in the Damocles Anthology, a Gue'vesa'O was using a suit and leading a squad of fire warriors.

The Great Kroot leader Pok was so respected that he was allowed to lead Tau cadres into battle.

What's your response to this?

>>"Sire, by means of your carefully calculated plan of avoiding unnecessary and prohibitively costly engagements, our chapter is still at 75% operation capacity during this late stage of the campaign"
>>"Excellent, Epistolary, we shall now move the companies to-"
>>"Unfortunately, O Chapter Master, the planet was destroyed several years ago and the vile Archenemy have made off with their loot long since. We, ah, failed to protect the system, and with it, the Imperium".
>>"Well....shit"
>>"Epistolary, is the vehicle pool still shiny?"
>>"...Oh very, m'lord! Fresh out of the forge!"
>>"That's what really counts"

Yeah I know the people who's job it is to protect the state shouldn't protect the state, and should instead conserve their resources forever.

If this was the 1940s, you'd be a shoe in for Supreme Commander Allied Forces, Europe.

You're a strategic genius!

It really isn't. Fucking read a historiography or ethnography about the subject for the love of christ.

Wikipedia does not count.

>>inb4 t. indian road shitter memes

>What's your response to this?

Prok is the exception that proves the rule; he's (or was, as I'll get to) a unique case, an olive branch the Tau can point to in order to curry favour with the Kroot.

I wasn't aware of the Gue'vesa thing. That's retarded, but fair enough. Point retracted.

>>t. daemon fuck-toy

And yet, no humans or Janissary species are to be found in positions of political power. it's Tau, all the way up. And they're all one caste, too...

Funny, that.

>And yet, no humans or Janissary species are to be found in positions of political power.

The Tau are the first among equals and the most qualified to lead. It has nothing to do with supremacy, It's just that the Tau have mastered themselves and possess great wisdom so they get to lead. Once the other races of the empire have matured enough to reach the Tau level of civility, they might get to lead the collective.

Anyways, Nagi act as advisers for the Ethereal caste.

Or they provided DRs or funded the DRs themselves.
Why are you so bad at this?

This guy.

I mean, it's all in the name: Tau Empire. The Tau run the show, everyone else is merely assimilated by them. Humans have shown they are fallible and prone to corruption, but they have also shown they are extremely susceptible to brainwashing. In time I think we may see at least 1 human commander or a handful of advisors. But for gameplay purposes, there will probably never be a human HQ or something because if you want to play humanity, you literally have half the races to choose from. 99% of people play Tau to field Tau.

Its been 15 years since the Tau were introduced.... when will we see a new 40k race?

the op title reads as TAU because of that thing can read as "tau only good guy in 40k..."
given that the internet is not grammatically well endowed that is very possible.
it would have been better to tittle the threas as "40k good guys thread"

You sir, I like you (even if you are a bit long winded).
I think this is largely a trick of the eye and a jumbling of the brain.

That was the idea for the paint scheme. I wanted to make an army that could be produced quick as fuck and still look "OK". I also wanted it to be airbrush heavy because I am new to airbrushing and this gives me lots of practice.

Plus I kind of hate Tau and I am 100% in it for the OP tau bullshit. It doesn't quite get the love my other models do.

Stealthsuits are by far the coolest battlesuit and some of the most versatile on the tabletop. Ghostkeel is cool too on account of being a bigger stealthsuit.

In the next Tau codex, I hope Stealthsuits get more options.

>that pict
>instantly recognize it as bowie during the life on mars music video
the fuck is my life

This is why I hate Tau.

The doublethink from their supporters is exactly the same as the kind of thought processes that go into supporting communist parties. Tau are total scum.

>meritocratic
>can make its followers immortal
>honest intentions
>realistic

that's genestealer cults though.

Did you just went full Animal Farm?
All animals are equals, but some animals are more equal than others.

Then they're stealing money from their own citizens to pay for medical treatment of foreigners.

In that case you should've made them neon pink, neon green and matte brown or orange.