Ok, I actually need a normie for this

Ok, I actually need a normie for this.

How big is crypto in normieworld? Yes, It's on CNBC and your colleagues think it's fascinating. But are they actually investing real money? Do they know what alts are? Are normies fomoing or just putting $50 dollars in for the lulz?

Other urls found in this thread:

thesun.co.uk/money/5127849/ripple-price-latest-xrp-cryptocurrency-why-spike-buy/
welt.de/wirtschaft/article171521324/Fuer-solche-Hypes-wird-es-immer-Dumme-geben.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I have an IQ of 160 so I can "revert" back to being a normie because my intellgience allows me too. It's still a niche, so only your hip normies (those who can navigate the worldwide web) & boomers who follow money channels talk about it

how do you feel about having missed out on the beanie baby craze?
it's probably like that

Normies just use Coinbase on the App Store / Google play store so they're familiar with BTC , ETH , LTC

I have had multiple coworkers come up to me and talk about how they just bought bitcoins or just got some from their uncle or something. One coworker came up to me to talk about bitconnect and ico's but I guess you can consider that an outlier. Still, it's pretty big.

Exactly. They think there’s only three coins. Which is why any coin that gets added to coinbase is going to explode. Imagine buying shitloads of a coin and a month later it gets added to coinbase. You’ll be looking at houses.

>I use Veeky Forums so I'm not a normie

worst meme

My massive normie brother is extremely interested in XRP.

Buy XRP.

I'm trying to get him to buy XLM as well.

XRP and XLM are gold mines with all the news floating around, their low price and the fact that their in the top 20.

keep in mind like 70% of americans couldn't come up with the cash for a $500 emergency.

my mom called me and asked me about ripple today

I talked nonstop about crypto in 2014. All my student friends joked about me how I'm going to get arrested and lose all my money. I'm debt free now and soon have enough to buy a house without a loan. Every week a guy from uni contacts me and say how they wished they had listened. They want to invest now. I told them to buy eth and dragonchain two weeks ago, asked then again today if they did. Nope. Fucking idiots missed out on doubling their money.

>How big is crypto in normieworld?
Well quite big this month, here's an article on how to buy ripple in UKs biggest tabloid.

thesun.co.uk/money/5127849/ripple-price-latest-xrp-cryptocurrency-why-spike-buy/

nice dubs
I want to know this too. I refuse to go on facebook, heven't been there in about 5 years. Not sure how to gauge normie participation

Millenial normies generally look on crypto with skepticism, but no longer dismissal. Despite the "hey user" family dinner table memes, money talks and crypto users are now seen as people who saw something few did and smartly profited, as opposed to being retarded NEETs. Some bolder, goonier at heart normal people have started buying the coins available for sale on Coinbase, in my experience. Many won't invest because they think they've already missed out on insane gains. Still others are spitting out >muh tulips rhetoric, generally prideful nocoiners

What would you recommend them buying today?

Anytime I talk about investing, stocks or anything related to banking/ finances no one says a damn thing. They all calm up.

Leads me to believe that finances/investments are things you don't just causally talk about with others.
and/or
people are still at tier level 1 when understand the uses and application of what is called money.

Now that I think about it, there should be some hard to understand heavil linquisitc book based off of Heideggar where it tries to explain crypto
called
what is called money.

All my friends are talking about crypto.
They re sharing blockchain conferences on normiebook

Almost nobody is unto cryoto yet. Max 5% if 1st world countrys.
The only real way to get more is banks making "crypto" as investments for the usual normie who doesnt really know how currency works.

So I could give a shit about fucksticks with fingers in their holes

I mean 5% of people ,as a rough estimate, in 1st world are involved.

And of the general population how many do you think either follow markets or work in the financial industry.
Once the financial industry has it mainstreamed then then we should look forward to moon LANDING.

gen.pop doesn;t invest in stocks, and many couldn't be arsed to set up a retirement account roth ira or a 401k.

Once the financial industry starts using it as a legit investment vehicle all the normies and single investors are gonna get straight fucked.

Normies would like cripple, the worst crypto that goes against every crypto standa for. It's so weird how normies live in a parallel dimension and yet we are forced to interact with them.

>Allows me too
Nice larp

Dude, my grandma is talking about cryptos, and she literally learned how to google and send e-mails like 2 years ago.

Talking is not holding.
How many people talk about stocks without having even one.

Nobody knows a thing except bitcoin and they know nothing about it

To be or not to be a normie, are we not all normies, no one wants to be a normie but everyone is a normie to someone else, are we not all normies to some degree

But can margin loan

S-S-SHUT UP

>allows me too
No, you don't.

t. actual IQ of 160

this

nah faggot you're just a normie

Dragon chain a long term hold?

It's fucking huge. Everyone's talking about it constantly everywhere I fucking go. It's always ETH/BTC though, mostly ETH, as it seems it is the new normiecoin.

Scam coin

normies at work who own bitcoin and talk about it all the time literally do not know what ethereum is or about coins not on coinbase. i'm not kidding. we got plenty of time boys.

this

Many just know the buzzword. But don't you think seeing the price would scare lots away?

They also love ripple. Which is funny because ripple is shit compared to XRB and the gains made there

literally doesn't exist for normal people in germany

> (OP) (You)
>literally doesn't exist for normal people in germany

Habe hier etwas für den Blutdruck von der Welt:
welt.de/wirtschaft/article171521324/Fuer-solche-Hypes-wird-es-immer-Dumme-geben.html

^German article about BTC filled with misinformation and falsehoods if you care to read via Google translate.

Nah most still don't know what alts are and even the ones that I managed to peak interest they feel it's too late now. And that was 10k ago

kys

Normie here (sort of). Long time lurker. I had been on the fence about crypto since I first saw bitcoin spammed on /b/ in ~2010. I didn't actually get in until today. I put in $750 on coinbase - $500 in BTC, and $100 each in ETH & LTC. Have a bit extra on its way to Binance and currently getting setup on GDAX. I'm kicking myself for the many lost opportunities, but I'm hoping I'm still getting in in time to reap some of the benefits.

A lot of my coworkers/friends have talked about it more recently, but haven't actually taken the plunge. A few of them trade stocks and whatnot, but none seem willing to go in (too risky, bubble will burst, etc...). Not many of them know what it really is, and a lot of them feel they missed the train.

i'm working in a bank in germany and while people started talking about bitcoin 3 weeks ago I only know 3 or 4 people who are actually invested.

Normie short seller reporting in. I go to /gif/ to masturbate but I never took this board, site or cryptocurrency seriously until a few days ago. Missed opportunity, it's all down hill from here fellas

Same normie here. I'm just curious what advice some of you would tell someone like me who is just getting in the game. For reference, I'm American, and I'll likely wind up putting in 2-3k of my own money (the most I'm willing to lose)

Most people criticizing bitcoin can only type with two fingers

Any normie buying is only putting $50 in and hoping to buy a house with it in 2020

No newfags no normies fuck you

Lots of people around me talk about cryptos, but none of them buys some.

Only guys who hold are programmers or finance guy who are at least 1 year in this game and made 6 figures upwards with ETH and IOTA.

*only guys I know who hold (= 3 people)

underrated post.

Normies aren't buying crypto. I've been public about my advocacy and investing in crypto over the last year, and the opinion has only changed in the last 2 weeks. Before that, it was mostly "Lol why are you buying bitcoin? Everyone knows it's a bubble/pyramid scheme, have fun wasting your money", and now it's "Man, can you explain how bitcoin works? How can I get into it?"

The thing is, of the dozens of people I've had ask about it and I've explained it to, at least 90% of them have said they won't be investing in it because it's "too complicated" or they "don't understand it". And of the last 10%, I'd say only 2 or 3 of them have branched out and started looking into other cryptos.

When you hear normies talk about it, they're just regurgitating what they've heard from Facebook or the news, almost none of them have bought any. Hell, the most common thing I hear from normies is "I wanna look into it but I don't have $15,000, what can I do?" They don't even realize you don't have to buy 1 whole Bitcoin.

Also, following on from this, most of the normies who I've seen on Facebook who are starting to get into it are doing it through pyramid schemes like USI-Tech, Bitconnect, etc.

They're literally too stupid to understand what they're buying, they think that they're actually buying Bitcoin.

Germans are far too risk averse for crypto. They won't buy it as long as the banks and media are fudding it.

I'm a software engineer and even most of my engineer co-workers are not involved, let alone basic normies not familiar with tech. I see a lot more people talking on FB about it but only a few buying and even then it's only BTC/ETH/LTC/XRP.

Most good alts are entirely unknown to them. Thank you media for keeping the public informed just enough that they get involved but not enough so that we lose being a few steps ahead of them.

still waiting for shit to clear. I'm terrified lads

I know two people with crypto. One mines some shitcoin I can't remember the name of wtih his home computer. The other one yeah, literally bought $50 of Litecoin.

Maybe he's saying he, also, can revert to normiedom. lol

The dotcom bubble destroyed a lot of faith regarding investments other than property and gold.

Still dragonchain. 1.5 USD in january.

Small, everyone is just talking about it, they don't actually buy bitcoin. Now ask yourself: Who's good with money Western thinking or Asian thinking?

A lot of my normie friends are asking me about it but no one is buying, though I had one friend buy 1 LTC. He doesn't know much but bought in at 280.

>he has a sub 180 IQ