Warhammer 40,000 General

oh just shut up already edition

>THIS IS THE ROSTER CREATOR. ARMY LIST WITH PICTURES. CLICK HERE FOR THIS. THIS LINK.
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit but it'll read 3s.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQs and errata
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Beware of Alpharius)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

onepagerules.wordpress.com/portfolio/one-page-40k/
google.com/search?q=painting service 40k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Orkses
Da strongast and da fastast

Second for post Your Dudes.

Oh I can completely see the justification. 40k as a system is fucked, and although I wouldn't favor a system as simple as AOS or based off the retarded D6 (fuck you D6), if I had the power I would scrap all the rules. 40k is currently an objectively shit game suffering from both model and rule bloat. There are many unnecessary units, rules, systems, and codices to such a point that the whole thing needs to be thrown out and restarted.

If I had the power I'd-

>Scrap all rules
>Create a special rules department. No more 'this guy writes one codex, another guy writes another codex, etc'. Everything is standardized and written by the same team for maximum balance.
>Cut all fluff and art from the codices. Rename them simple "Rulebooks" and make them free.
>Split the game and excise escalation/apocalypse from 40k. All 40k games will be at skirmish level, 1,500 points or lower with nothing bigger than a Leman Russ legal.
>Anything bigger than 1.5k points is apocalypse. Apocalypse has no balance and is the "fuck it play with everything in the kitchen sink" game meant for players with large collections.
>Codices are now high production lore and artbooks. They are released very rarely, while rulebooks are updated automatically. These are the chief sources for knowledge of the universe.
>Get rid of the start-and-go campaigns and "chaos will kill everybody" bullshit, and instead create a living campaign that never stops.
>Living campaign is like the old 13th Black Crusade Campaign and others. Players report results online, leading to conclusions. These campaigns are never super critical to the fate of the entire setting, but can decide the fate of characters, systems, and sectors. The results will be acknowledged in later material or may even have novels written about them, and player's armies may even be canonized, such as custom marine chapters or regiments.

I know this is your opinion but christ that seems boring. I'd cash out of that system so fast. I know 40k is bloated and needs trimming but I certainly do not want or need space Kings of War.

My guys aren't impressive, but if you insist.

No, the game is fine, it just needs a little trimming but not throw everything in to the trash as in aos.

1.5K is the only point where it is feasible to balance over 10 armies for competitive tournament play. it also encourages newcomers by offering a moderately sized game with much easier entry. And can encourage people to buy more armies given the ease of creating a new one with the small size.

Remember, this is how 40k used to be played, and that is why 2e is one of the better editions. it worked, barring imbalance present from multiple authors. The key is to make a game as catchy as X-Wing without compromising the hobbyist's joy.

hey that's pretty neat user
and yes i'm that guy you replied to

>>Anything bigger than 1.5k points is apocalypse.
>nothing bigger than a Leman Russ legal
RIP Land Raiders and ever playing a fluffy Black Tide list in normal games again.

You suck at this.

Thanks. Pathfinder Shas'ui Haventmadeupanameyet is my first mini.
Now, on back to notmine

Fulgrim s-senpai... you want my fist to go w-where!?

>Tau
>melee

It sometimes happens.

>1.5K is the only point where it is feasible to balance over 10 armies for competitive tournament play.
In (You)r opinion.

Your idea shit because most people already play above 1.5 so youre literally just dumping them in the piss heap that is apocalypse and setting it on fire. Retarded idea tbqh senpai.

It's not meant for big games like black tide. Not only is that extremely expensive and part of the reason why entry into 40k can be so intimidating, but it's the wrong scale. 40k is, at its heart, a skirmish game between small squads. Land Raiders belong in apocalypse along with all the other super killy units that should be super durable.

There's nothing stopping people from playing 1.5k if they have more models. You aren't just suddenly locked when you have more models, that's retarded. You can obviously just behave like a normal person, and not take a unit that will be very difficult for some factions to deal with at skirmish levels. If you've got 5,400, then you just make a 1.5k list out of that and play at the normal level.

>1,500 points or lower with nothing bigger than a Leman Russ legal.

Which means you have to ban anything with more than three wounds or hull points.

Which, if that's what you propose, in essence weakens Tyranids further as all of their Monstrous Creatures have over 3 wounds.

Two of my girls

Like I said all stats go out the window. The goal is to make everything peer to each other at the small scale, and frankly gaunts desperately deserve a buff to durability given their fluff.

This thing thats there to show scale, looks like some kind of new DG unit. it looks like its on a 40mm base so some kind of plague terminator?

>and not take a unit that will be very difficult for some factions to deal with at skirmish levels.
I bet you play orks or DE. I could keep replying but youre just going to autismo out the rest of the thread.

I dont like our idea because it doesnt even capture half the player base and instead focuses on what (You) want. Final comment for your idea.

Land Raiders aren't even super killy, those things are only good at being big and eating shots if anyone decides to shoot at them. A fucking Predator tank usually kills twice as many things as a Land Raider does and isn't all that weaker in terms of armor either, especially for that point difference.

>extremely expensive and part of the reason why entry into 40k can be so intimidating
>implying any beginner would immediately want to field a Black Tide
>implying it should be limited to big games
>implying it's good in the first place

I'll agree with getting rid of codices. Having to pay hundreds of dollars just the ability to actually use the models you're paying hundreds of dollars for is ridiculous

Looks like a plague drone to me.

>gaunts desperately deserve a buff to durability given their fluff

Of being canonfodder that get's swept way by battle cannons, flamers and weapons of that sort.

Well we are getting sigmared, which means the rules for each unit will be available for free. Still gonna have to pay to get formation rules, but just get a pdf and print out the page for that honestly. Rules bloat will get cut down. I'm actually quite interested to see how it all shakes out come summer.

But quite frankly a lot of your ideas are shit.

Just built this rad dude to be my Archon w/ a Blaster.

I do not think that's going to happen - not under the Rountree regime.

>neon green hair

I like the bone armor, but the hair is no bueno. Darker green would be better.

You're the one getting triggered over an extra 350 points dude. Were those two extra tanks really that vital to your army?

Also, what's wrong with playing apocalypse if you want to go over 1500? People can already spam knights to their hearts content. If you continue to play at 1850, nothing would really change for you.

>>extremely expensive and part of the reason why entry into 40k can be so intimidating

And thank the God Emperor for eBay. Land Raiders are still absolutely retarded at full retail price of $70-$80, considering the frequency with which they get blown the fuck up.

He looks like that one Inquisitor. Jaq?

Hey guys, do you like my new Tau theme?

Takes about an hour or so to do a full squad with an airbrush. It is insanely easy.

I got so hyped about it I went out and bought the Tau battleforce. I have decided after losing my 6th straight game with my guard army that I am going to become a cheesemonger, wish me luck.

Dude 8th ed is right around the corner, go check bell of lost souls. They aren't gonna blow up the universe, but we are getting sigmared. 100% gonna happen.

>tfw I actually like the 1 page 40k rules but am in the minority vs an angry majority

>Finally get to play a game after nearly 2 months
>Planned to take pics for the thread
>Felt rushed because the previous people took forever
>Forgot to take pics

I had one job today besides winning and I failed both.

I like the hex pattern on the drone, but the green and blue combo feels weird.

>Land Raiders belong in apocalypse along with all the other super killy units

Like Gorkanauts? Land Raiders are shit, everyone who takes one is shooting his own balls, they aint killing shit and they are expensive as fuck.

I fucking love them but they are shit.

F I V E M B
I
V
E
M
B

there are one page rules?

fan ruleset

Where does find?

theres a 7 page rules set

Mate, GW has repeatedly said they will not Sigmarize 40k, and Atia has said that 8th will more than likely be 7th with a bandaid.

I've kept up with BoLS pretty consistently and while everyone acknowledges that 8th is coming out there've been no significant leaks that suggests its going to AoS levels of simplicity. Ultimately AoS was a sales failure pre-GH and in Rountree's GW they're trying to avoid those mistakes. I don't doubt it is going to get stream-lined to some degree or another but I don't think they're going to attempt to damage a significant customer base by going the same direction as pre GH AoS.

It's a fan thing that basically condenses the core rules and each army into one page each.

This triggers people's autism for technically being more than one page total.

I like the blue, but the green seems a bit weird.

onepagerules.wordpress.com/portfolio/one-page-40k/

My bad - literally just posted it without event looking at it.

He's actually just a crew member from a scourge runner chariot but I like the model a lot and my whole fluff for my archon is he's a big game hunter so I feel like it works.

The green is sort of meant to be the glow. I might tone it down on the next squad.

>Crusader squads not even included
[triggered]

Well no shit, thats why they release with a GH. They aren't stupid, and post GH it's been skyrocketing.

Neat, thanks for answering my question. Is it any good?

Very true (I also really like AoS so I'm not a hard sell). Ultimately if they'd add just a tiny bit more depth to AoS (which they're moving to, the new Tzeench book was fucking fantastic) I'd be super happy.

gaunts are mostly fine as cheap fodder units. The bad shit about them is that their weapon options other than devourers are total trash. Spike rifles completely missed the point of being longer ranged, higher AP weapons by not having higher AP. Stranglewebs failed to do their job of being a webber by not being a webber.

These are 2E guns, so let's make them do what they did in 2E.

Spike rifle: Range:24, S3 AP4 Assault 1 +1pts per model
Strangleweb: Range:Template, S3, AP - Assault 1, Cocooned +2 points per model

Cocooned is as GSCs.

There we go, fixed termagants.
There' fixed gaunts.

Yeah. Doesn't really read as a glow. Kinda just looks like weird camo. Try to get a tighter area with your airbrush if you can. and hit the center again with a lighter color. Also try yo think about how the light would actually fall. The helmets in particular look weird since if it's the eyepieces that are glowing they wouldn't have the angle to shine back on the helmet with a circular pattern like that due to the boxy mount for the eyepieces.

Could we get the living weapon rules back though? I actually liked those and they made a fair number of weapons better.

WAAAAAAAAAAGH!!

Man I love the fluff for tyranid weapons. I don't like most of the rest of their fluff but their weapons are so cool.

So I just bought a few Mechanicus models to ally with my Guard force an accompany Cawl. How does this look? Ive never used Skitarii or Cult Mechanicus before.

Sort of looks unfinished desu senpai.

Honestly I think that rule was a crutch that propped up their guns just not having good enough base profiles.

It was fluffy though so maybe.

is the "theme" baby's first airbrush?

I agree that the green currently doesn't read as glow, but maybe it's camo for the alien world

Can you imagine Eldar or SoB trying to assault a unit of termagants with 30 of of those stranglewebs.

ded

Hey anons, I have a few questions!

Does Daemon Weapon allow Invulnerable Saves? I'm assuming yes, as it only says no armor saves?

Is Daemon Weapon worth it?

What is the average roll on a d6?

What relics are good on a Daemon Prince of Khorne? Assuming I have access to the Word Bearers relic list as well.

Can I really take the Burning Brand of Skalathrax on a Daemon Prince for no downsides?

no

Fluff is that a single gaunt is a terrifying force to face that even being vivisected alive and shot with a bolt pistol it's capable of surviving and regenerating from.

I haven't gotten to try it, but people are reluctant to try new things. That's why you get people like

>one page 40k
>it isn't one page

Yes
Yes
Dunno
Yes

So when kastellans reflect a shot, does or go back to the unit or who shot it? For clarification if there was a heavy weapons team in a guard platoon, and my bots shield reflected is lascannon, will it hit the heavy weapons team, or mulch some random guardsmen?

I haven't seen them doing any of that in the lore yet.

Black mace or the Relic Khorne axe are both decent choices if I recall. Not sure if Word Bearers have anything else good, but good DP weapons tend to be things that get boosted up to AP 2 and have a nice effect for it.

Reflects to the shooter. Literally says so in the rules.

>Does Daemon Weapon allow Invulnerable Saves?

If the rules don't specifically disallow Inv. saves or "saves of any kind", then yes, you get to make those saves.

>What is the average roll on a d6?

My general impression is that a lone termagant is basically like trying to deal with a 200lb, man-sized lobster which also has a gun that shoots giant killer beetles.

It's a terrible day, but not actually that much more dangerous than fighting an armed adult man.

Note that it specifically says 'the unit that fired it suffers and immediate hit', it says unit specifically, not model.

Can anyone post me the Grand Convocation rules from FoC? Don't have the book on this machine and the mega is still dead.

where can i buy nice premade models?

Captain Frost ready for purging!

Kill yourself tripshit

Thanks!

Skull of Monarchia: Word Bearers have Reroll To Hit on Armies of the Imperium and Reroll To Wound on Ultramarines for 15 points.

Crown of the Blasphemer: 4++ Adamantium Will Fear for 30 points.

Cursed Crozius: S+2 AP3 Preferred Enemy (IoM) Concussive for 35 points.

Baleful Icon: Units charging at the bearer must reroll successful charges. If successful, counts as a disordered charge. 15 Points.

Thanks!

The only thing I don't like about Daemon Weapon is that on rolls of 1 it makes you WS1 and suffer a wound with no armor saves allowed.

Noted*

Just type pro painted models on eBay namefriend.

I did, I was just unsure if there was a site for like commissions n such

There are painting services out there for 40k armies, just google them. That shit gets REALLY expensive though.

Heavy Gun Drone
WS:2 BS:2 S3 T4 W1 I4 A1 Ld7 Sv4+
Jet Pack infantry
bulky
Twin-linked Burst cannon
supporting fire
25 points
Heavy Support

People say Vespid are the most useless Tau unit and I just laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh

google.com/search?q=painting service 40k

None of those seem too worthwhile for a Khorne Prince. I'd still say the Axe, Mace, or Brand might be the best options, although the Crown and the Crozius you posted wouldn't be too bad overall.

if you just want to play the game, and don't want to get into the hobby side, then play on tabletop simulator or vassal

It 100% is. That was the plan.

I'm leaning towards the Axe, but the Brand seems like fun, giving a DP a S4 AP3 Soul Blaze Torrent Flamer for 30 points and no downside seems cool.

Oh I did, I just figured you guys would know actual good sites instead of the many I see which include just forums lol.

I mainly just wanted specific pieces not entire armies.

Well, the downside there is that your Khorne Prince will probably want to get into close combat where it's less useful. It's better on something that you intend for a more shooty focus.

We paint our guys.

Good point.

Also, I have one more question! This may be in the codex, but are Daemon Princes immune to Spawnhood and Princehood on the Boon table?