/mtg/ modern general

I think the Muslim ban is totally acceptable and justified desu.

So what do you guys think of the fact that Dredge saw a pretty big recession? Do you think it will essentially turn into legacy dredge where it's a reasonable meta choice if graveyard hate seems like it will be low?

What interesting sideboard tech are you guys going into?

Do you guys think abzan company will see a bit of a return with dredge fading away and lessening gy hate? Keep in mind it was one of the best decks out there, it even competed with Eldrazi pre eye ban. And that says a lot.

What decks are you playing currently? And what do you think is the best card that has helped you recently?

Other urls found in this thread:

mtggoldfish.com/archetype/modern-esper-turns#paper
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>I think the Muslim ban is totally acceptable and justified desu.
Can we not have shitposting in the very first post of the thread for fuck's sake?

old

Why's it shitposting?

>Ass blasted mudslime crying
How about you post something related to mtg instead of bitching? Like what deck are you playing friend?

I agreed Desu

>Abzan company
If it does or not doesn't matter for me my local meta is mainly affinity, ur/x control (grixis, jeskai), Tron, and burn

>What decks are you playing currently? And what do you think is the best card that has helped you recently?
Living end, and probably the expertises, as it's a way for me to cast living end when it's stuck in my hand, but I'm debating on which to play, the red or the black.

I think the muslim ban will face strict scrutiny in the courts, even with whoever trump nominates to the Supreme Court.

I know that people on Veeky Forums think it's funny to pretend to be retarded but this is just taking it to a whole new level

>Off topic shit is included in OP
>Complains when someone mentions it

Please talk about this on /pol/ and not here, I play magic to avoid thinking about shit like this

You probably don't want to use the black one, if it exiled then it would be fine, but correct me if I'm wrong, wouldn't it just kill their board and then bring it back?

Can Owling Mine no lomger be tier 3? I want to cast howling mine.

Abzan company looks pretty good. I'd like to build it but no way to shortcut infinite combos in online play makes me hesitant.
I'm currently on cheer0s and it's going well. Retract to draw 3-10 cards is pretty good.

Play taking turns

mtggoldfish.com/archetype/modern-esper-turns#paper

this one didn't play howling mine but a lot of them do

Well I know some janky decks are using those tap your own artifact to get benefits card to make sure your sole user of howling mine.

Is that SRAM cheerios deck legit? Looks like a blast to play.

Then my owl nutsacks won't kill my opponent.

What's stopping dredge from just swapping in a different high-number dredger or running more stinkweed imps? Gravetroll was useful for closing out late games, but the deck can still exist without it, no? Like Golgari Thug can put Narcomoebas on top of the deck if/when it dies while still being able to dredge for 4.

The deck literally does not function unless you have one of the enablers so you have to mulligan until you get one and then it's just a matter of protecting your guy until you've drawn a million cards and graped your opponent.

I really enjoy taking turns. Part the waterveil is a massive boon for this deck. I thought it'd never change after Temporal Trespass was printed.

People are crying too hard about the GGT ban, honestly the deck is still fine it's just MARGINALLY less consistent. It still has the ability to get the turn 2 mom hug nut draw and it still has insane late game inevitability with conflagrate, frankly I don;t think they did enough to neuter the deck

Dredge already ran 4 imps. There is no other dredge 5 or dredge 6 card. The ban basically cut dredge's effectiveness down by 33%.

Played against it. it was pretty easy to beat, but still fun to watch.

Based on experience it's pretty much an auto win against anything low interaction. Interactive decks are a lot harder but the fact that you can go from just lands in board to winning the game in a single turn if they tap out lets you catch people by surprise. Hand disruption is the hardest to beat, have 4 leylines in the side.