Your Party encounters a Wild Drill Dog Ready to attack!

Your Party encounters a Wild Drill Dog Ready to attack!

Quickly what's your course of Action?

One drill dog isn't anything to worry about. It's when you open a door in a dungeon and there is inexplicitly 25 of the bleeding things on the other side that things get hairy.

I immediately bring out the seismograph and make sure there aren't any more drill dogs moving to block our escape route from underground.

And the GM called me a fetishist for choosing to play a duckfolk. My penis will drill the opposite way of the drilldog and counter his rotation.

Throw a snack for it and run in opposite direction.

I hold it's nose in place firmly so the rest of the dog is forced to spin wildly out of control.

Throw a galaxy at it

>it's

Yes, because that worked so well

Druid shapeshifts into nearest "compatible" species (probably Dire Wolf). The rest of the party quickly retreats because there's couple possibilities how this can play out and neither of them will be particularly nice to watch.

He's used an apostrophe for possession, or was this a gender meme?

You actually don't use the apostrophe to indicate possession with the word "it". I know, I know, it sounds insane, and that's because it is. English is a stupid language. But "it's" only ever means "it is". The proper possessive of "it" is "its".

Not that guy, but you don't use an apostrophe for possessive 'it'. It's just 'its', which is a dumb exception to the rule but technically correct.

Andrik master race!

Well fuck, you learn something every day

I'll try to keep that in mind, cheers

Speaking as ESL, it's one of those irregularities they don't tech you in class, you pick it up later on from native speakers. Just like bestiality is not spelled beast- for some reason.

>Pick it up by the tail
>Attach it to a polearm
>This is the Drilldogspear that will pierce the heavens
>Whine in Veeky Forums when GM refuses to put up with my bullshit

Tell him he's a good boy.

Oh no, a drill dog! I don't want to get bit.

fucking carlos

Cancel out the spin with it's opposite rotation.

Pet the dog

Don't worry, I'd say at least half of all native English speakers get that a significant part of the language wrong, too.

Fighter walks up. "You're beginning to bore me mutt!"

Kek

"Its" (possessive) is the same situation as "my," "his," "her," "your," and "their." Possessive pronouns. That is why you don't put an apostrophe in "its" (possessive).

The lack of an apostrophe is entirely in keeping with other possessive pronouns. Even other possessive pronouns ending in S don't get an apostrophe. Hers, theirs, yours.

Depends. Is its rotation clockwise or counterclockwise?

SUMMON GREATER FLAILSNAIL

What if it's more a hammer action?

I remember hearing a comedy skit once that described the English language as the linguistic equivalent of a mugger that stands in the mouth of an alleyway, waiting for other languages to wander by, clubbing them over the head, dragging them into its alley and rummaging through their pockets for spare vocabulary and syntax.

It'd still need a rotary direction or else it's not a drill, it's a chipping gun. Or a pecking dog in this case.

That's a quote from James Nicoll on the purity of the english language:
"The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and riffle their pockets for new vocabulary."

Grab the drill dog from behind and attempt to spin them off my galloping horse to attempt an infinitely spinning drill dog

The BBEG will never know what hit them

Lead rhymes with read.
And lead rhymes with read.
But lead doesn't rhyme with read.
Nor does lead rhyme with read.

Make it jump through hoops

Summon the dog lords to punish the murderous drill dog.

Grab the dog and rotate in the same direction as the drill dog to generate a potential mass of unlimited energy to escape the shadow realm.

I guess my only option is to twist and shout.