/CofD/ &/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous Thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A
>News
http//theonyxpath.com/now-available-night-horrors-conquering-heroes-heresies-in-print/
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/werewolf-there-wolf-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question
What is the most WoD/CofD-esque manga?

I'm surprised that the Vampfags haven't come out spamming Cain's non-canon 'YOU LOSE' character sheet. Or spew bullshit about his seven-fold curse of God without realizing it isn't even his power that's protecting him. Not to mention that Archmages are possibly stronger than God in the first place.

Yeah, Masqueraders have always been the biased scourge/plague of White Wolf and it annoys me to no foreseeable end.

Can the mage fans stop masturbating in the public threads. We know you love your power fantasies, but we'd like to keep the general free of sperg

BESTet coming through, all other Fera and splats can get the fuck out.

If you're still around...

Are there any gifts or rites or fetishes that allow you to grow plants at explosively large rates?

>What is the most WoD/CofD-esque manga?

None of them really fulfill that role as they tend to be more focused universes. I'd say Wolf Guy is a very shitty attempt at capturing Werewolf's feel, dragged down by edgy Japanese shit and lots and lots of pointless rape.

Can the vampire fans stop masturbating in the public threads. We know you love your beloved Cain, but we'd like to keep the general free of sperg

I seem to recall there was something in Children of Gaia. You'd think it'd be a Red Talon rite or Gift, but no, theirs tend to be more 'lets punish humans because fuck them'.

Is it the Cain hating hour?

>Forces 9 - Make new fundamental force that permeates the entire universe "naturally" transforming Vitae into sunlight. Every single Vampire is now dead. Including Cain.

I didn't find it yet, but started searching for 'plant' and Child of Gaia rites and found this gem

Rite Of The Teachers · [ Tribebook: Children Of Gaia — Page 70 ]

This rite is for Children of Gaia only. This rite involves using the teacher plants of Gaia (hallucinogenic plants) which have had their spirits Awakened (using the Rite of Spirit Awakening). The ritemaster must prepare the plants carefully and then use them in the appropriate manner (such as smoking jimson weed or eating sacred mushrooms). Note that the use of the plants is forbidden in some cases by human law.

System: For each level of bashing damage that the Garou takes from exposure to the drugs in question, the Gauntlet is effectively lowered by one for the purposes of using Gifts or rites or stepping sideways. The reduced difficulty lasts for five minutees after the completion of this rite.

werewolf is such a 10/10 game. Perfect for LARPing too.

Is it that easy? Damn.

I found Seraph of the End to have a nice WoDish feel. Gantz. Black Butler. Umineko.

Get blazed, fuck the Gauntlet.

>Every single Vampire is now dead. Including Cain.
assuming that they dont have biothaum and have already changed their diet away from blood and into something else. like air. no actual vitae in them soo..

Anime & Manga just doesn't mix well with the WoD settings, both old and new. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a weeaboo in denial.

Wouldn't it still be vitae that ended up in their body, no matter how they got it?

maybe. assuming you dont change yourself to not be powered by vitae. of course anyone with protean 10 could just turn into the sun and ignore it. with enough thaum you can ignore sun. fortitude also does it.

The Archmage could always switch out Vitae in favor of "every Kindred ever"

No leech is safe

>what is KotE, Hengeyokai, Damphyr

Might as well have the Archmage go over-kill and make an "erase kindred" force instead of the vitae-sunlight one. Not even Ennoia is going to survive that.

I found a solid totem spirit for a getting blazed during game pack.
Its not doing drugs guys, its hardcore LARPing.
Soma

Source: Stargazer Tribebook, p.54

Background Cost: 5

Soma is a psychedelic plant totem who must be contacted through eating sacred

mushrooms. She will provide her children with visions and images of enlightenment,

providing symbols and mantras for their progress in Understanding.

Pack Traits: Children of Soma gain +3 to Enigmas dice pools and +1 to their

Rituals Knowledge.

Ban: Soma will give bad trips to those who seek her only for selfish purposes.

>What is the most WoD/CofD-esque manga?

I'd shop around for ideas but none have a very good direct translation.

I guess Witch Hunter Robin was popular for a little while?

Are the Archmasters actually this powerful?

oWoD- Unplayble yes
nWoD- Playable yes

>What is Masters of the Art

Can the mage fans stop masturbating in the public threads. We know you love your beloved spheres, but we'd like to keep the general free of sperg

The point stands. :-3

Archmages will buttfuck Cain a thousand times in a thousand different ways.

No reason to care about shit that will never happen in an actual game. Just hide or report them.

>Are the Archmasters actually this powerful?

Ascension's Forces 9 is the most overpowered ability in the entirety of the old and new WOD/CofD.

>oWoD- Playable yes
>nWoD- Playable yes

Fixed

They don't even bother to define what 10 dot Spheres are capable of. Scary stuff to consider.

None of the mage supremacist faggots have actually played the game, are just god modding, and chances are mages in either oWoD or CofD have more to do than antagonize kindred

>None of the mage supremacist faggots have actually played the game

I'm sorry that you never bothered to pick up a book in your life, user.

>ages in either oWoD or CofD have more to do than antagonize kindred

Of course, for mages, antagonizing kindred is like kicking puppies or stealing candy from a baby. Mages usually ignore the leech insects and focus on important matters.

BTW, have you ever actually read either Masters of the Art of Imperial Mysteries? The powers are freakin' ludicrous.

What Hengeyokai would you play, /wodg/?

Pic related is mine.

>Not playing a Sami-Bito

>most overpowered ability in the entirety of owod
>still cant just exist on earth.

I want to run a VtM game, but I've only ever played nWoD (Mortals and hunters) and know its rules system very well.

I've read VtM revised edition's rules and I think I could grasp it if I needed to, but I'd hate to try and get rid years of nWoD experience.

Is there a good way to bring the VtM elements to VtR with little hassle?

Only until the Consensus is broken

>genocide of mankind

I would just play VtM. It's better than Requiem anyway.

consensus dont have shit to do with the avatar storm.
>magefag doesnt know anything about mage
story checks out

>Doesn't know about the Deep Umbra

What parts do you want to combine? If you want to use NWoD rules with Masquerade lore, there's a Translation Guide that helps out with that.

>thinks the deep umbra is on earth
fucking magefags.

Ok. This is an obvious troll.

Gentle reminder: shitposting is not welcome here. Go to /b/ and rant all you like there, no-one will stop you. This board, however, is for discussing games, and this thread is for discussing World of Darkness or Chronicles of Darkness.

For the rest of you, do not reply to shitposters. Report them and watch as their pitiful mewling disappears from sight.

you being retarded doesnt make me a troll.

No one is this stupid...

magefags tend to be really dumb.

Sons of Ether fans: have you seen Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow?

Ray guns!
Giant robots!
Crazed scientists with plans to destroy the earth!
Zeppelins!
Gwyneth Paltrow getting punched in the face!

It has everything, I tell you.

Can we call them ascensionfags instead?

I just want to play a roleplay heavy low-level Mage the Awakening 2e game, why is that so hard to do.

Clamps X
The most mage you can mage in a setting

Hay guys, in werewolf the Apocalypse how do you convert a Hive back into a Caern?

I think there's a Rite of Cleansing? No-where in the Canon has it ever referred to such a feat being attempted, and you'd have to pick a Hive carefully to even try. Trinity Hive would fail on principle, due to the massive radiation levels, so you'd need to find a Hive you could decontaminate somehow.

In any case, you're looking at a Chronicle based around that alone. You'd need allies, you'd need powerful fetishes and gifts, and then you'd have to hold ground against wave upon wave of Banes, BSD's, Thunderwyrms and the occasional Nexus Crawler. Jaysus, what a story. You'd be rolling dice for three days.

I say go for it.

How about you just act with the respect you'd like to be given in turn? Chan access is a privilege, not a right. Mods take a dim view of anyone coming here solely to start trouble. Juvenile attitudes of "my splat is better than your splat" benefits no-one.

Any ideas on a good pack totem to follow for spear heading such a crazy task?

Is Beast as shitty as everyone says it is?

The Grondr are extinct due to the War of Rage, but they had a few Gifts that related to consuming Wyrm taint without suffering any consequences... plus they could throw down, so, maybe, Razorback?

Probably shittier.

Hiro, please.

But seriously, that's good advice. Ignore/hide the shitposters.
or else they'll end up at your table.

It depends on what you define as "shitty".

I don't like it for a number of reasons. I think it goes out of it's way to justify, minimise and excuse what amounts to Beasts running around abusing people. I don't like it because there is no Beast society, no IC reason for them to co-operate with each other or anyone else except for buff bonuses like a D&D bard. I don't like it because with a powerful enough rape dungeon and the right starting stats, Beasts can twat someone with a skyscraper. I don't like it because the entire book is unspeakably smug. I don't like it because somehow the Beasts are okay for ruining people's lives, but the Heroes that try to stop them are somehow awful people, even though they created by forces they can't control and didn't choose. I don't like it because of the catty social commentary (Heroes wearing fedoras, references to Gamergate, Beasts that feed entirely on internet butthurt and rules for doxxing). Finally, I don't like it because we really didn't need another fucking splat that hadn't been mentioned up until now - what we needed, what we continue to need, are timely releases of supplements for existing game lines. What we have instead is a company obsessed with spreading itself thinner and thinner, depleting it's resources writing utter dross like Conquering Heroes while kickstarter backers are forced to endure additional delays on products they have literally already paid for, in some cases, up to three times what the product will eventually retail for.

Consider this thread. Its probably not as bad as the ascensionfags

It's the weakest game of the CofD line, that's for sure.

Mechanically it ranges from poor to crazy overpowered, with no real rhyme or reason.
Thematically, you play as a terrible person at best and something worse than the worst of humanity at worst.
Read the pdf and find out if you want to have an excuse to be awful. The actual play log is an interesting read, but for all the wrong reasons.

Calm down, ma'am

So why does the universe exist if there are beings capable of blowing it up in one massive angry wank ritual?

You haven't angered them enough yet.

because no mage can actually live long enough to gain all the powers magefags wank too.

But some clearly do

more like Samurai-Bito amirite

Please tell me i'm not the only one who plays them with katanas and trenchcoats and anime as fuck outfits?

not really.

It's heavily implied that to reach that level of power you have to lose your marbles. There are references to 100 Archmages amongst the Traditions and roughly the same number amongst the Technocrats, but there are really only 6 or so mentioned with names and stats. Of those 6, they are to a man, batshit insane.

Medea has gone full Marauder. Voormas has a fear of death, so he plans to freeze time. Dante exists at multiple points in space at once. Porthos wanders naked through the halls of various chantries singing to himself, and literally ends the life of anyone who touches his yoghurt.

Finally, the Ascension scenarios that involve beings with sufficient power moving to "end it all" usually involve prolonged rituals, super-rare items and long plots, allowing a rag tag team of adventurers long enough to uncover those plans and try to stop them. Emphasis on "try" - Voormas had such lethal levels of Quiet that whoever killed him got infected by it and tried to finish what he started.

Both of these are accurate.

owod is actually pretty okay in my experience until people hit a certain XP/discipline threshold. Just ask about which ones (or which players, rather) are going to be a problem for 'game balance' and I use this term loosely! and you'll probably get a hundred suggestions on how to work around it in-system.

the default assumption provided is that these beings are preventing each other from changing the universe.
They may not like the universe, but all their stuff is there.

>anime as fuck outfits
Can you even make an eastern shifter without this? Its pretty much how the books were written. The Eastern Corax are all katana masters with Gifts to back to back it up ffs.

Why was the book made then?

It was pretty mediocre but had a few visual ideas that were neat. I regret that it didn't kick off a series of higher budget B-movies of the same classic styling.

iirc a Children of Gaia elder did it once, but that was in one of the tribe novels.

But yeah its basically ST fiat at the end of the day.

so people could wank to it.

Not to shitpost, but...

Could a Mage actually help with removing the Wyrm taint from a trinity hive?

Clearly user should redeem and purify the Skullpigs.

You don't need story long rituals to cast Archmagic in MotA. I long concluded that Voormas was working torwards his seventh Sphere in order to halt the wheel. He only had 6 Entropy when he needed 7 to do what he did. His second character sheet also lists him at 7. Coincidence?

Playing that plot would be so much fucking fun. Imagine all the cool disgustingly wyrm tainted things you'd have to kill along the way! Any good story teller would require a trip to the atrocity realm for some reason too.

That's exactly how it happened.

Malfeas is a pretty cool place. The Umbra in general needs to get used more.

He asked about using NWoD ruleset though, so I suggested the Translation guide. Switching back and forth can be hard on some players, especially with things like how action economy functions in OWoD vs. NWoD, or things like 4-roll vs. 1-roll resolution, variable TNs and success threshold vs. just success threshold, and if he uses it, the declare-resolve reverse order method.

I play a lot of both, so it's not a big deal for me to eyeball, but... if he asks more, I'm sure we all can come together to help him/her out in their quest for awesome vampire RP.

>mfw Holden went out of his way to assrape the Gifts of a lot of Eastern shifters, especially Bastet and Simba/Khan in particular

Why did they let the Exaltednigger write the W20 rules again?

Don't forget the Ratkin ninjas, or the Hakken Shadow Lord Samurai. Two ideas worth stealing even if you never touch Hengeyoki itself.

They are the same as their western counterparts, but better, with super flashy gifts and black jack and hookers.

Nezumi are my preferred take on Ratkin in general. The western rats are a bit too deep into the gonzo drug addict slapstick nonsense.

I liked Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas as much as the next guy but an entire race of it? eeeh.

Western Shadow Lords are cool. Perhaps you are afraid of superior Slavwolf power?

The Changing Breeds are very sensitive about who they let on the grounds of their sacred places, given the nature of Mages to hoover up the Quintessence without due regard to the spirits, and many Garou consider the power of mages - Naming, they call it - to be stolen.

Despite all that, there's quite friendly relations between the Verbena and Dreamspeakers (fuck you Brucatto) and some of the Changing Breeds due to ethnic overlap and the right deference shown to nature and spirit. The hardest part would be negotiating something worthwhile for the Mage risking their lives and souls helping you out, without tribal politics labeling you a filthy traitor.

Okay, so what did Holden do that's so bad?

It was also Morke! Anyway, besides those two chucklefucks being allowed to work on any line outside of their abortion of a game?

W20 Changing Breeds is 'serviceable'. By that I mean it works in its own system. But if you compare mechanics to their Breed books - i'm going to focus on Bastet here as its my favorite Fera group - you'll find a lot of Gifts and other things shuffled around with not much rhyme or reason, especially compared to the general power curve of every other Changing Breed.

Some examples;

He took Khan Gift, Thousand-Thunder Strike (Rank 5) that's meant for buttfucking the Power attribute on Banes and Asura, as well as being a massive scenery destroying AOE. Its pretty evocative and useful given the radius, sounds like something an Elder would be doing.

He renamed it into a Solar Exalted martial art charm, Heaven Thunder Hammer, and made it into a really bland (and vague..) 'you hit everything in front of you up to 10 feet'. A rank 5 gift. The rank where changing breeds are summoning prehistoric megabeasts, summoning the sun regardless of what time of the day it is, assuming the destroyer avatar form in the likeness of Shiva or Kali, etc

For a less egregious, but no less annoying example, he yanked out a bunch of Simba-specific Gifts and replaced them with mirrors of Garou ones that don't even make sense or act as poor replacements. They completely removed Rising Sun (summon the fucking Sun, who is their big sky bro), Bountiful Dominion (cleanse lands, accelerate crop and vegetation growth in the area), and their own version of Dragonroar (Khan gift, shoot fireballs).

They also took away their Simba-specific Rank 6 gift, admittedly this is more of a plot tool for the ST than a player option.

Finally, in general I was pretty annoyed by Holden making a ton of Gifts have calculations or bonus effects running off of Renown ratings. That was never in WtA mechanics.

(con't)

Is it actively malicious? No. He's just an idiot who should have been forced to work on his own deformed baby of a game. Its clear there wasn't too much thought put into a lot of these, just someone trying to half-ass a 'course correction' on what they saw as dodgy math from WtA Revised.He didn't put a lot of effort in.

In general I'd urge people to read and use the Breedbooks anyway. The W20 Changing Breeds book is such a condensed cliff-notes version of them with a great amount of copy-paste mirror Gifts, rites, and so on being done that it seems like a waste of money unless you really like the art.

Oh right, I forgot to add, the W20 Garou don't have Renown baked into the calculations on any of their Gifts (as of me reading their gift section again) but it sure as fuck is splattered all over W20 Changing Breed charms.

There is no consistency or logic to this. Maybe back in the day Holden was a big WtA and his favorite Garou character was raped to death by a pack of angry Fera?

go back to tumblr

then kill yourself

>Garou character was raped to death by a pack of angry Fera
Most of the stories I hear have it going the other way.