CYOA General

Old Thread: Useful info on How to make CYOAs and Galleries of CYOAs
Pastebin: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Let's go love.

Adventure

Damn user do you want to talk

I'm considering fleshing out the CYOA into a thoughtful CYOA system with ripe mechanics. Mostly cause it'd be funny.

I would sooo be down for that. I will make builds and suggestions if you do

I was thinking about doing this too.

By all means, go ahead. I'm working on other CYOAs at the moment.

Power

Mental power between Language and RPG is Speed Learner that isn't highlighted like a normal header. Is this version old, or this never noticed?

Power.
What else do you need?

Love

But now if I do it I'll feel like a thief.

You have my blessing, user. is me.

Make an actual waifu section full of flawed waifus who are willing to help you get out of your depression.

>that empty space
T R I G G E R E D

Okay then, if you've given me your blessing then I'll definitely take it upon myself to make the most depressing and cathartic CYOA experience I can make of it.

>Moral Counterpart (Evil)
>Magic Cream
>Death Maid

I feel... like a million bucks! Nyahhahaha!

>Corruption
>Alien Huntress
>Cartoon Counter

All great options.

>Prosthetics
>Aquatic Infrastructure
>Carrier Arc

Neat.

>Alien Homemaker
>Light Adventure
>Flying Fish Flier

This will also be fun.

What are the general thoughts about SDA, Highlander, Quiet, and other named CYOA authors who make cyoas? Good, bad, they make terrible cyoas for x reason and so on?

How does one get named by /cyoag/?

>SDA
yes

give it to me, /cyoag/

This has been discussed before. There are two general paths to CYOA Apotheosis.

1. Make a controversial CYOA that will ruin these threads for a few days, causing people anguish and nursing resentment towards you, which eventually culminates in your ascension to namehood.

2. Post an incomplete work that is good enough that people will still work with it while wanting more, forcing people to name you as they seek out the signs that soon OC will anoint them.

Persistance and perseverance isn't enough, and even if you make good CYOAs people will forget you if they don't have a reason to remember you and not the CYOA.

Very few authors can make it without following one of the two above steps.

>How does one get named by /cyoag/?
It happens naturally or you're a faggot and will be run off. You're not special and none of us give a damn who you are. You want headpats? Do a lot of work or something that is damn good. There are plenty of us who make CYOA's and aren't namefags as it should be.

>What are the general thoughts about SDA, Highlander, Quiet, and other named CYOA authors who make cyoas?
They good, but cyoag tends to forget that they're fallible human beings with their own opinions and biases. Not cyoa gods made flesh.

By making cyoas and its userbase names you based on what cyoa quirks you have as a author. Or you could do the ego maniacal thing and name yourself.

>SDA
Needs more anime cyoas.

>Highlander
Needs to make more cyoas than Traveller.

>Quiet
Meh.

>Angel
Needs to leave to /u/.

>Kit
I like Kit. Pretty okay cyoas.

>Bliss
Above average cyoa maker.

>Beri
Decent overall.

>Italics
Needs to stop fucking adding grim shit to all their cyoas.

>Shapes: Metal (10), Skintight (9), Accessories (8)
>Enchantments: Defense (7), Eternal (6), Youth (5), Sustaining (4), Self-Fitting (3)
>Curses: Alteration (2), Immutable (1), Transformation (0)

Hahaha, the things I'll do with this. The things I might even do to myself!

I like that many of them still participate on the threads and talk to the rest of us lowly mortals

don't now I got mine on quest threads

>tfw you're not a remembered author

I feel you.

Mentioned this a thread or two ago and thought I'd try again.

There's an SCP cyoa I remember seeing but searching around I've only been able to find a dead link on reddit. Anybody happen to have this?

Winebox?

Or are you Sock?

Those are the only two I can think of who have basically been forgotten about.

Unless you're that one user who ragequit his cyoa after his princess fetish was discovered.

I know that feel

>Putting spaghetti in a vase.
Why? And to answer your question, I can't remember anything.

I feel the feel of times gone by.

I... don't know. I think I picked up this picture the one time I went to Veeky Forums. Can't remember any story behind it.

>tfw your CYOAs are mildly popular but you still don't get a name for yourself

>after his princess fetish was discovered.
I still remember that thread.

It was a good thread.

All authors should take up a three letter abbreviation, the last one always being "A".

I wouldn't have it any other way. Every other website I've been to has names and gives me too much accountability. Not that I care what others think or anything I just can't get it out of my head for some reason.
>I don't remember Sock's work
Sockminster is also working on a fae version of this.

How about NRG. I know it doesn't end with an A, but it fits your other requirement.

SDA is cool in my books since they constantly trigger all kinds of faggots in this general and that's amusing to watch. Highlander should dedicate some of that SS grade autism to something OTHER than Traveller. Quiet needs to actually fucking finish Urban Fantasy before I have an opinion since I'm not interested in A Quiet CYOA. Only other one I ever really think or care about is Italics and that's because I feel like they are quite unusual in that they have the potential to make quality stuff but it's just rife with writing errors and tonal inconsistencies. The volume of the content he releases all at once may be a problem for some people as well. I know I've seen people outright reject CYOAs based on the number of pages.

Everyone must be A for user.

Also everyone should flip their letters regularly to fuck with the archives because it's funny.

Thank you for supporting my cause.

Requesting the wasteland lolis with targetting info on them.

Since we're doing this, who's your favorite author who doesn't have a name or is new?

I like this plan.

I remember you DSA

I thought that the "A" in SDA stood for Anal

The only SCP CYOA I remember is the one I started, but dropped before finishing the intro.
I don't think I posted it, though, so can't help you.

It is such a pain to find you because of all the symbols you always use in your names.

Actually, did you mean that off-brand SCP one? With the option that gives you party tricks like immunity to disease and infinite carry weight?

Pokemon Personified+ when?

Right after Necromancer update.

And the last page of that one CYOA that never got the last page.

>Pokemon Personified+
Pokemon Personified Plus +*
FTFY

Rapture got finished late December.

This didn't, though.

I didn't think I'd get caught this easily. I also disapprove of that name on the basis that it follows SDA's naming guidelines.

Imouto CYOA in about 24 hours or whenever this monstrous picture search is finally over

could someone post rapture academy plz?

This has a better teacher.

Wealth give you the mean to get family/love
Power depend in the form it manifest, like magic or more of a hierarchic influence?
Adventure, fantasy like or holiday like?
The later is achievable by wealth too

The newer version still has 2 speed learners, which was never fixed, but the other speed learner is highlighted.

Hm... man, I wanna try making something like that one Become the Heroine CYOA thing, but... afraid of others calling me out for that.

You're one of m favorite authors and I was calling you DSA for a while you just never thought I was worth replying too. And if you need pictures I can just post some Please include an Alice

>Only other one I ever really think or care about is Italics and that's because I feel like they are quite unusual in that they have the potential to make quality stuff but it's just rife with writing errors and tonal inconsistencies. The volume of the content he releases all at once may be a problem for some people as well. I know I've seen people outright reject CYOAs based on the number of pages.
Thanks. I'll do better senpai and keep my cyoas in tone and fun.

Its coming very soon. The First Kind will rise again with Amew.

can't wait!

Please don't worry about posting images. I appreciate it but the things I'm looking for are more about expression and symbolization of an ideal than just a cute girl.

what do you mean by Alice?

An Alice, you know the Girl from Alice in wonderland girls like that that, it should have it's own tag though to me the out just looks adorable

No clue, maybe. It had a typewriter like font and white background, dunno if that's it. There were a ton of pages, I think.

The one you were working on sounded cool, though.

What happened?

Rapture? Finished? You mean the secrets page was actually released?

Over half of the cyoas posted this thread was by me. Not useful information, but interesting to me.

Hey, that's the image I used for my holy skeleton battlemage build nobody cared about.

Well then, you have a good taste in images.

Here's what I can promise you. There's a companion section for choosing friends for your imouto. I plan on leaving it empty when I first post and then taking people's builds and their posts and using them to fill in the companion section since it seems like a nice way of including the community and also I'm too lazy to come up with 18 cute girl archetypes right now.

So If you want post your build with an alice picture and I'll include it.

I remember this!

Oh, to be young and new to this sort of thing again. I can't even play this one now. Can't bring myself to finish reading.

Thanks DSA