How In God's Name Do Terminators Work?

Seriously, how the fuck does a space marine, who still has roughly human proportions, fit in this shit without having his spine/neck snapped?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VP7q47BDMBw&t=96s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They doesn't would work in reality. But they look cute.

I assumed the face portion is supposed to be like a sorrt of mask

>But they look cute.
Thank god it's not just me.

There's a misconception that the Astartes in bent over in the hump of the Termie armor. That hump on the back is the power plant and the teleporter homer, and the cogitator system, and all the other good systems the Terminator armor is known for.

Ask this guy

But his head isn't nearly as far forward as the ones who have helmets on.

youtube.com/watch?v=VP7q47BDMBw&t=96s

The helmets are thick. There's a lot of hardware between the face and the outside.

They are bent over. They have to be because their head is forward and their shoulders are above their head.

Not that far backwards.

Well, both terminator and centurion armor wasn't originally designed for space marines but regular working people. This means Admech to completely redesign this thing, not just merely scale it up for 8ft tall bulky marines. They had to add subsystems supporting Astartes biology such as black carapace interface which marine power armor is known for and remake everything inside it. I think they solved this problem somewhere in the process.

In the dark angels trilogy, anot initiate of the deathwing tries on terminator armour for the first time and falls flat on his face trying to walk. The auto-senses give them alost a full 360 range of vision in multiple spectrums which is overwhelming even for a marine. A bit of levity in a grim dark future.

This guy shows you

Right the story is that the armor was used by reactor vessel cleaners.... Aka a janitor

No, their shoulder PADS are above their head. If you actually look at, say, the models, you'll note that the connection point is where their arms would normally be. And the head isn't forward, the mask extends forward. Look at all the other terminator pattern suits or terminators without helmets, their heads are deep in the suit.

It was a general hazard suit. The improved protection was against micro-meteors and high pressure environments inside plasma reactors.

This suit design was mated with dreadnoughts (hence TDA) to make a whole new suit of armour.

I wish he drove a land rover.

Not as good as a raider, but close enough

This is the explanatory fanart I prefer.

He couldn't afford the rover because of his financially crippling hobby....

It's simple. 40k is fucking stupid.

Have there been examples of non-Space Marines getting interred in a Dreadnought, or is it something that requires the Black Carapace still?

Unification pattern dreads were made for non-Marines.

>all that empty space behind the sarcophagus

It's one of those things that theoretically be made for regular people, but is so expensive and rare they reserve it for Space Marines because they'll get the most use.

I don't see why someone like a very high-ranking inquisitor couldn't be interred in one.

The engines there.

thats a fantastic piece of art, but the artist throws away space to make the diagram work out alright. Their heads do come out a bit too much when you look at the profile of a termie

Well the technology seems to be usable for people aside from marines.

Commander Bravestorm, one of Farsights bros, is basically a dreadnought. Specifically he sent the Earth Caste data after taking samples from a Dread he took down. So the Tau just copied it when he got severely injured and hooked him up to his battlesuit.

Except I guess they forgot to mimic the whole "not feeling any sensations anymore" thing. Since he's in pain all the damn time.

Don't know if the Imperium would ever do the same for a non-marine though. Doubt there are many good candidates to begin with.

This looks great. Front armor looks quite weak though.

why do you think i own 40?

>Right the story is that the armor was used by reactor vessel cleaners.... Aka a janitor
No it was designed to be Space Marine armor

Because you have a crippling addiction and need professional help?

The Dreadnought doesn't interface with the black carapace, it's just a bunch of life support tubes. You could theoretically put anyone in it if they were a midget or if you lopped off their limbs.

Don't we all...

Are you retarded

You have to project your voice lads, up from the diaphragm!
Like your words are rising up out of your guts: FOR THE EMPEROR!

Per the Rogue Trader rule book there were three typical technologies to interface with dreadnought type machines.

Manual controls

Hard-Wired nerve links.

And mind reading Mind Impulse Unit crowns.

The first is what orks use(d) and their machines were clumsy, but hey, putting new pilots in was easy with no ill effects.

The second is what's classically used in Marine Dreads. the hard wiring is surgically implanted in a delicate and sensitive process. Thus it's only used on marines who are permanently on life support because while possible, taking it out is even harder. Also, with time it messes with your head. Eventually in the fluff the green menace started doing this too, only with 'volunteers' and not the near dead anyway.

The last was classically used on things like Eldar War Walkers, but it wasn't unknown in the Imperium. Was canonically the kind of up link used by princeps to control titans. At first you think you can just put it off and on with no ill effects but then you start finding yourself going through withdrawal when it's off and notice your memories get a little fuzzier everytime you pass through the link up. At least in the Imperial version. Space Elves had Space Magic to solve the issues. Still, the smoothest control scheme available, it responds at the speed of your thoughts.

It used to was fluffily possible to have an impoverished marine chapter with a cheapo manually controlled dread. He could even face off against MIU controlled sentinels if your game master hated you (or the jokearo built them)

>You could theoretically put anyone in it if they were a midget or if you lopped off their limbs.
Or if they's was an Ork!

>"WHY DID I FINK DIS WAS A GOOD IDEA"

>Per the Rogue Trader

Wow, why the fuck do you keep bringing up RT shit like it's canon? I swear it has to be you every time because there is no way there's this many RT era oldfags constantly mentioning RT every fucking day as if it's relevant.

Because you sprung for a Deathwing formation instead of getting mostly regular Dark Angels, that are probably easier to get because just normal Space Marines so everyone's got a few squads to give away or something?

Eh, what's that you say sonny boy? You've confused me with someone else because you don't think that grogs still roam the intarwebz and the hobby?

It's like being an old Squat, either you burn out and leave young or you transcend to become a living ancestor and never leave.

As with any canon, the first source from the word of god tends to be all until the god says otherwise. By and Large late RT as they codified toward second ed is the unimpeachable truth and everything that contradicts later is the work of uninformed shills and hacks.

Nah, but you must be, considering you think that "Combing reactor armor with powered armor to create a new more powerful suit" is the same as "Lel, it was used by janitors XD"

Not that guy, but to be fair, if old fluff isn't updated/contradicted, it's usually assumed to still be correct. As far as using Rogue Trader fluff, RPG's need to have a lot more explanation on how things actually work than Wargames do, as the players may directly interact with these things. Thus, a lot of mechanical fluff comes from the old 40k RPGs, as opposed to the 40k Wargame.

I just realized you could be refering to THE Rogue Trader, in which case, yeah, kindly kill yourself. Rules/fluff updates happen for a reason, and that reason is usually that the previous fluff is shit. Sometimes rewrites make things objectively worse, but I would take a game that gets updated every 2-3 years over a 25yr old dead game any day.

>Eh, what's that you say sonny boy

FUCKIN 7TH EDITION WHIPPER SNAPPERS

BACK IN OUR DAY WE HAD TO DEPLOY UPHILL, BOTH WAYS

In very difficult terrain too. And don't you forget it!

Personally, I'd like to find digital copies of said 25 year old dead game's materials.

Didn't Warhammer World re-release Rogue Trader recently as some kind of in store event?

Did they release it online, too? I haven't done anything with the tabletop since second ed anyway.

It's cannon until it's made non cannon.

Literally every single piece of RT fluff has been retconned.

>cannon

Lol don't even know why I'm talking to retards like you.

Go fuck yourself, Shaso

yep

Well, hello, mr. fun police. Maybe you shouldn't get that angry about a miniatures game.

there's a fag like you in every thread

i always thought that the head was farther back, with the terminators "head" being an articulated viewing port

Taghmata Omnissiah book straight up mentions that some Magi and Arch Magi of the Ad Mech become Dreadnauts.

Because GW use heroic scale not true scale

Damn, nice work here.

>Well the technology seems to be usable for people aside from marines.
The technology comes from the unification wars on Terra, one of the technobarbarian armies was made up entirely of dreadnoughts.

>I swear it has to be you every time
I can confirm it's not just him, because I've also had you blow up on me in the same way for posting Rogue Trader stuff.

And you being such a dumbass retard just makes me want to post more rogue trader/adeptus titanicus/space marine/confrontation/2nd edition/etc stuff so people are more aware of it. 40k's history is why it's such an interesting setting.

Jesus, I'm an edgy 3rdfag who takes the setting 2srsly4u and you are a cunt.

You, and a lot of people in this thread, are treating heroic scale minis as tho they are supposed to be scaled down human sizes.
Hint: No, they aren't. Heroic size minis emphasize areas to paint and for easier identification.
What you need to look at is truescale terminators, which actually make anatomical sense.

>why the fuck do you keep bringing up RT shit like it's canon?
Uh, user?
All of the above is still used in current time by the races stated.
Orks still hardwire themselves into dreads, kans, and mega armor.
The Imperium still use nerve linkups in SM dreads, MIUs in titans.
The Eldar have not been stated in how they control their warmachines that are not wraithcontructs in decades, but the MIU bit makes perfect sense.
You are getting mad about the wrong RT thing because it has literally been reinforced in every edition since.

>truescale
noooope! truescale modellers almost always go too far in the other direction, making them too huge

You have to do that in order to get the proportions correct without making the entire thing out of greenstuff.
user, realize the 30k primarch models are basically truescale. Look at how big they are.

>calls 3 different people samefag
>12 hours later the next day
>while having a shit opinion like "RT is relevant in 7E"

Kill yourself.

see
Unless you want to start screencapping 7e lore where it says that dreadnaughts are handled differently? :^)

Very well.

All the people I quoted, yourself, and anyone who might hold the same opinion are cunts.

Unification wars would be an awewome setting for a game.
Let's be honest, everything becomes better when you add technobarbarians.

Could be awesome as a setting for Adeptus Titanicus, armies of dreadnoughts, techno-barbarian tanks/infantry, thunder warrior/custodes/marines and tanks and armies of giant demons! Plus a complete campaign to conquer Terra.

Well they work by never actually being deployed becuase they are underpowered and weak as fuck.

Does it have psychic powers?

In Ian Watson Inquisition war the boss of the Calidus assasin turned himself into a dreadnought.
But this is old fluff.
Personally I would say only Inquisitors or other high ranked Imperial can become a Dreadnought but these would never be as battle effective as a space marine.

The head is at the same level as a PA SM and the neck is above the waist. It's just a really long helmet. The shoulders are really far back, though. They're not actually too high because most of that height is pauldron.

>Exoskeletal toe actuators

Dark Mechanicus Magos-ranked Priests and further look for Contemptors to get installed in case of a "unfortunate incident".

>cannon
Which one? Anti-Personnel or Anti-Armour?

It does.

Problem is it shouldn't due to a lot of factors involved.

Are you retarded? A rebuttal was made IN ADDITION to pointing out the retarded "typo".

>implying it's a typo and not someone not even knowing the proper word

Even the dead guy has fucking abs.

Damn space marines are asthetic as fuck.