Wrath of Kyme Edition

Wrath of Kyme Edition
Jerrycan of thined paint Sub-Edition
No Summary Sunday.
>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp
>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC
>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HH Discord
discord.gg/wYS2J6b

I forgot the title! But
>mfw I got dubs

>Having an interesting discussion about Land Raider logistics
>No summary

Second for Anvilus, most fabulous of all Forgeworlds.

Look at all my goodies anons. What should I buy next?

HQ [ 2 ]
Blackshield Reaver Lord (172pt.)
-Cataphracti-Terminator Armour, Power Axe, Volkite Charger

Centurion Librarian Consul ( 157 pt.)
-Cataphracti-Terminator Armour, Power Axe, Volkite Charger
-Mastery level 2

Elites [ 3]
Legion Rapier Weapons Battery ( 195 pt .)
3x Laser Rapier Destroyers

Apothercarion Detachment ( 150 pt. )
3x apothecary
3x Augury Scanner

Legion Terminators
10x Cataphracti Terminators
-power axes

Troops [ 5 ]
Blackshield Marauders
20x Blackshield Marauders ( 325 pt.)
-20 Astartes Shotguns

Blackshield Marauders
20x Blackshield Marauders ( 325 pt.)
-20 Astartes Shotguns

Legion Tactical Support
10x Legion Tactical Supports ( 175 pt. )
-10 Volkite Chargers

Legion Tactical Support
10x Legion Tactical Supports
-10 Volkite Calivers

Legion Tactical Support
5x Legion Tactical Supports
-5 Volkite Culiverns

Fast Attack [ 1 ]
10x Seekers ( 255 pt.)
-10 Pariah Bolters

Heavy Support [ 3]

2x Leviathan Siege Dreadnaughts ( 620 pt. )
-1 Storm Cannon
-1 Cylconic Melta Lance
-2 Twin Linked Volkite Caliver
-2 Armoured Ceramite

10x Legion Heavy Supports ( 285 pt. )
-10 Missile Launchers

1x Legion Medusa

My bad alright?
I love those Plasma Cannons.

The difference is that mars produces vast amounts of armour, weapons, tanks, Titans, starships and more.

Anvilus only produces Land Raiders. It's explicitly mentioned as making Land Raiders and nothing else.

Are Jetbikes and Land Speeders good options if I want fast-moving heavy weapons platforms, or are there better options? Also, TacBlobs or 10-man Tacs in Rhinos?

Jetbikes are a good anti-infantry option.
Speeders can do long range infantry killing or close range tank hunting with grav and melta
Javelins can do long-range vehicle hunting and infantry killing

Both are very good.

Landspeeders are for graviton guns and either multi meltas or hunter killer missiles. Utterly deadly with a nuncio vox to deep strike them within 18" of a spartan.

Jetbikes are basically attack bikes who just straight up ignore terrain, can move 36" in a turn and have a 2+ save instead of 2 wounds. They can have heavier weapons though, vokite culverins and plasma cannons are pretty fun. The heavy support jetbike option lets you take a heavy weapon on all the bikes but its gets extremely expensive and takes up a valuable HS slot.

For Jetbikes (assuming the Heavy Support version), Plasma Cannons or Volkite (assume most of the players I'll face play LA)

Wolves will be OP

Sons will be shit

Yeah, I've heard HS is really valuable. Is that just due to how many fucking HS options there are, or what?

Essentially, plus a lot of the kinda mandatory role fulfilling stuff is in heavy support (anti air, anti armor, more anti armor, regular armor, etc)

Plasma cannon can't fire if the unit has to jink, but is more killy.

Volkite can still be snap-shot but allows for armoursaves, which is why I wouldn't take them (too many of my opponents have stupid armour saving rolls...)

HS has the most resilient vehicles (spartan, leviathan) and the best long-range options for killing troops (medusa, WW scorpius) and tonks (las-vindicators, venators)

>Sons have psychic magic funk
>wolves have no funk
>wolves only have trash metal
>wolves=no funk=OP
Does not compute.

>tfw painting first model
>watching Saint Duncan do it
>try to do it myself
>meh/10
I expect this, but I never felt that it'd be this hard.

Your first model will always look like ass. Keep it, hide it away somewhere, and keep on trying. Your skills will improve. And after you've painted a dozen, a hundred models, drag that first model out, compare it to the newest one you've done, and see how much you've improved.

Don't beat yourself too hard. You're not painting for an Orthodox Church.

Painting is, for most people, not an inate gift. It's something you've gotta work to. Pic related is a selection of the models I've done, earliest on left, newest on right.
I like to think I've improved quite a bit over the years, but I know I still have things to work on. Saint Duncan's been at this for years, and it's his fuggin job.
Have faith, user, one day you too may be able to paint like Duncan. Just don't give up hope, every squad is another opportunity to work on something new!

Keep at it! Painting isn't something you get good at overnight, even with Saint Duncan's advice. Its something you perfect over many, many hours (and many models). The more you paint, the more tricks you'll learn.

My own current project, still WIP

I wanna play as a mostly footslogging Death Guard, so without letting my army turn into a parking lot what are some good AT choices I can incorporate into my army while keeping it fluffy? The DG don't seem fond of overly complicated and delicate weapons, so I would rather aim for missiles and artillery over lascannons and plasma. They also have a hard-on for Vindicators, can that be used against armor?

>Can S10 AP2 Ordnance Large Blast be used against vehicles

I think so. The laser destroyer variant ain't bad either.

Vindicators aren't only good for killing vehicles, they're good for killing multiple bunched up vehicles. With power of the machine spirit they can drive fast as fuck and still blast away with their cannon.

Neat, I'll use a few of those bad boys then. They will definitely fit in with my notWW1-trench-assaulting theme

FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS I LAY DORMANT

It's

A

Planet

It's huge! It's mindbogglingly huge!

Assume it's a planet that's the same size as Earth.

That gives it a surface area of 510 million square Km, roughly. Assume only 1% of the planet's surface is given over to actually making land raiders in factory floor space that's all built at ground level. That's a total of 5 million 1 hundred and 1 thousand square Km of floor space for all the operations of manufacture. The rest is material processing, living quarters, administrative facilities, storage, archives, labs, Skitarii storage and training and marshalling and armoury facilities, space ports, defensive emplacements and anti-orbit weapons, drydocks for atmospheric-capable ships, empty, full of rogue servitors, whatever.

How much space do you think one of the US's biggest WW2 aircraft manufacturing plants, specifically the one at Willow Run, took up in it's entirety, on site support facilities and all?

330 square km.

You could fit 15457 full-sized Willow Runs onto 1% of an Earth-like planet and leave the rest barren. America did not have 15457 full-sized Willow Run scale plants during WW2. America produced more than enough tanks for more than 4 million fighting men during WW2.

The Machanicus, on one planet using only 1% of it's ground level surface area for manufacture (remember, we're not building up or down here, and we could because lol Hives), should easily be able to make enough of one type of tank for 4 million men.

They can't, somehow. This makes them look less capable than people who occupied a large slice of one half of one continent on a single world.

This is stupid.

(the other anons arguing aren't, the fluff portrayal is, to be clear)

Don't forget that terminators with chainfists will still do what meltabomb spam no longer does : rape anything with an armour value. Bonus for being a decent assault unit too.

Cataphractii would be the best, but not sure how fluffy that is for DG :^)

properly tagged and titled bread, everyone get in here

Leak here SW have adamantium will as base and rune priest have a spite the weird special rules which makes them count one level higher when denying the witch, also they got their old 24" denyal range for their rune weapons, so they can pretty much turn off any power within 24" on a 3+ roll.

Here's Mars. You know, the hardest working planet in technology and technology accessories.

See all that red stuff? That's all the not-factory of the planet. There's nothing being made there.

You're STILL forgetting that for each land raider, on top of the assembly line that puts it all together, you need factories that cast the hulls, factories that assemble the track links, factories that cast the track links, factories that make the pinks that connect the links, factories that manufacture the engines, factories that assemble the parts of the engine, factories that make the guns, factories that make the power plants for the guns, factories that assemble the computers, factories that make the chips that go into the computers, factories that program the chips, factories that make hinges for the ram doors, processing plants that produce the raw materials that you make the hulls, chips, engines, guns, etc., and on top of all that, you need mines to dig up all those resources to produce the ore for the processing plants.

Then there's all the warehouses that store all these materials, conveyor systems to transport materials across the planet, facilities to research new technology, facilities to test new technologies, archives to keep all the info, housing for the hierarchy of the Mechanicum, etc.

Then you need garrisons for the planetary defense force, because you're basically the heart of the Imperium's land raider manufacturing, there's bound to be a sizable force protecting such a valuable asset. That force needs to be provided with guns, armour and equipment. And living space, training space and room for all their tanks and planes.

Then you have billions of workers, who need housing, food and goods. For that you need farms, processing plants, factories, etc. And those places need resources.

For each assembly line shitting out a land raider whenever it can, you have VAAAAAST infrastructure set up to make that one assembly line work.

I mean I sort of assumed that in a good faith reading of my post, "manufacturing" obviously wouldn't refer to solely to final assembly.

Literally everythign you account for in your post, I already listed. Here, I'll link you , and quote it: "The rest is material processing, living quarters, administrative facilities, storage, archives, labs, Skitarii storage and training and marshalling and armoury facilities, space ports, defensive emplacements and anti-orbit weapons, drydocks for atmospheric-capable ships, empty, full of rogue servitors, whatever."

If you think that all (not counting all of the manufacturing stuff you think I forgot because that's already included in my estimate and seriously why did you cut it out?) of that would somehow totally cover the remaining 99% of a planet's surface area, including the vertical and subterranean complexes that we know the imperium could build, then you're probably out to lunch on this.

You're also assuming that total autarkic self-sufficiency is required by a planet, and that no other worlds or facilities in it's solar system, hell, in it's orbit, can in any way assist it, but that's a separate point and not really relevant to the discussion at hand, interesting as it is.

Also Mars is canonically a shit-riden scrapcode infested disaster by M41 so I'm not sure that this is necessarily the example you want to use.

Had a battle earlier. I'm a Word Bearer, fought an Iron Warrior. Got my ass kicked. Only 1500 points

>Turn 1, night fighting
>Move my rhinos, contemptors, and Sicaran forward
>Manage to kill one of three rapiers with a contemptor, nothing else of note gets done
>IW turn
>One contemptor gets wiped, one gets immobilized, one hull point off the sicaran, one rhino explodes
>WB Turn 2
>Move rhino toward the rapiers, fucker has a Domitar-Ferrum sitting near them. Disembark, shoot plasma and bolters at it, one wound
> Sicaran also shoots, does 2 more wounds
>Contemptor and melta vets kill some tacticals
>IW Turn 2
>Domitar charges vets, lock that bitch in combat for two turns
>Havocs with lascannons finish my sicaran
>He forgets to Rapier
>WB Turn 3
>Gal Vorbak deepstrike near table edge, no scatter
>Shoot at Rapiers, do nothing
>Havocs shoot at contemptor, do nothing
>WB Turn 4
>Charge Gal Vorbak at Rapiers, none survive
>Domitar cleans up plasma vets
>Melta vets and contemptor whittle at a tactical squad
>IW Turn 4
>Tacticals and Domitar shoot at Gal Vorbak, killing one
>Lascannons clean up Melta Vets
>Domitar charges Gal Vorbak
>Kills them, but loses the fellow with the cortex controller in a challenge

Called the game there, as all I had was an immobilized contemptor. I feel like the board needed more terrain.

Right, so Anvillus pattern Deathclaws are made where?
Lexicanum seems to Mars-Alpha Warlords are made on Anvillus too.

anvillus also made what later became chaos backpacks.