Everyone should be required to play at least three full sessions of MAID

Everyone should be required to play at least three full sessions of MAID

Other urls found in this thread:

mangahere.co/manga/vovnich_hotel/v01/c001/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Stop being a weeb.

looks like garbage

Can some or even all of them be ERP?

Everyone should be required to play at least two full sessions of TIIIIIIIIIIIIME WIZAAAAAAAAAARDS

This I can get behind.

I would also say FFG Star Wars, since that game managed to get damnably close to perfecting the Class vs. Point buy system and overall character customization, as well as narrative driven gameplay, but nobody ever wants to invest in special dice.

Nah. Much as I think it'd be a way to ease people out of the habits of playing murderhobos, self-inserts, and ostensibly-not-self-inserts-but-essentially-self-inserts; and helping players learn the joy of intraparty conflict and rapport, I have to disagree. It's hard enough to get a group together without spending three sessions forcing people to play a game in which they have little interest, and waifus are roughly as bad as self-inserts.

I self played little too much Maid... now I want to see if I can make by new group play Maid...

Everyone should be required to play at least three full sessions of Nechronica.

>damnably close to perfecting the Class vs. Point buy system
Anima is closer.

I like the cut of your jib, but you need to shut up.

Yes.

Why do I find this adorable?

Every day I realize that I really am a sick man...

I could have but the GM got banned the fuck out for dragging his loli ERP into open.

Everyone should be required to play only GURPS.

Can be.
Doesn't NEED to be.
Really all depends on how far the GM and the players are willing to go.

I think he was asking whether having ERP sessions of MAID counts as fulfilling OP's "everybody should play" condition.

Fuck that, I ain't playing a girl

Si

Female is optional in Maid.

You don't have to.

Because it is. It's "muh waifu" garbage and if you use any sort of online game-finding system, it'd do you a world of good to regularly search for these games to blacklist the players just in case.

Don't even have to be a trap, its a comedy game and is fully legit for comedy.

Weaponized maids are the Thinking ManĀ“s fetish.

Ok, you changed my mind about this game.
Where can I learn more?
How prominent is combat?
Is a huge, hairy norse butler optimal?

Most dangerous maid

You can probably pick it up in the PDF Share Thread .
Anything that constitutes opposed rolling is considered "combat", and it's very prominent since the cornerstone of non-boring storytelling is conflict. You made a cake for the Master not as good as the other girl you're competing against, you gain Stress.
Yes, very.

>How prominent is combat?
Not really. You can make it prominent, but your characters don't really die. They just have a Stress Explosion, which can be anything from a bullying spree to gambling to tearing up the road faster than any other maid has ever gone.

The core rules are pages 7-30.

>butler
Butlers are their own special sort of character. They generally have significantly better stats than the maids, but have to maintain order, so can't get into the level of shenanigans that the maids can. If you're playing with the optional seduction rules, butlers engaging in seduction can end up in big trouble, because they're not supposed to be doing that sort of thing.

Thanks guys, I'll look into it.

>Where can I learn more?
The PDFs float around the web.

>How prominent is combat?
Prevalence of combat-combat varies, but anything is solved by same skillchecks anyway (and you can bullshit whatever skill to apply as much as you are able) so it doesn't differ from any other type of challenge .

>Is a huge, hairy norse butler optimal?
Usually Butler is a special NPC with usually higher stats that serves to even out the mad maid shenanigans, but you can try to swing it by the GM to get the role. "Butler's apprentice" could work.
Just be a burly hairy norse maid. Or burly hairy welsman in a black-white pattern kilt.

>imblying

My group improvised a quick session of Tactical Waifu the other day. It's a Weeb wet dream, it's delirious and extremely stupid and fun

In case you feel the stuff in Maid isn't weirdly Japanese enough, here's the cut stuff. Including such things as Nazi minions, a KKK outfit, at least two different kinds of dildo, the mask from Akumetsu, and a dick that can meld with your body.

Y?

>The mask from akumetsu
>dick that can meld with your body
well, I know what character I'm playing now.

What's that game's premise? I mean, in more detail than the title shows by itself.

my only game of MAID involved Shaquille O'Neal fighting a wolf and then getting beaten at basketball by a pixie

you play as stereotypical anime cute girls with guns going on adventures. There is nothing more to it, the rules are literally one page. Google it, it's worth the time.

Ahh the laser feelings mechanics.

>Is a huge, hairy norse butler optimal?
You can, but you still have to wear a maid outfit.

Maid was the first game I ever ran. Played it RAW (mostly) the first few sessions->Converted everyone's character sheets to 40k->Campaign went on for 8 months before fizzling out.

Notable events:
>Maids discovering a lost Aztec tribe, being put up for sacrifice, and then shoving their guide down the steps of the pyramid to the angry villagers below to cause a distraction while they made their escape
>Maids running over a Yakuza boss with a tank they had stolen from a military base
>Maids visiting totally-not-Twin Peaks and killing their Sheriff Truman by throwing a TV at him so hard it split him in half
>Maids having a "beach episode" in literal Hell with an ocean made of blood

Good times, would recommend.

>not the animated version

Look at this pleb.

My Dark Heresy games turn into Maid games and my Maid games turn into Dark Heresy games.

Rogue Traders games are just strange. They instal an Aceitorium so the priest could oil up before battle. A cloning facility for white doves, every time they made planet fall or dock with something they release white doves.

this reeks of John Blanche

>That shoulder
Clearly the still is the better one to have

...God dammit boner, you're going to get me killed some day.

My MAID game after around 3-4 games but it was pretty fun while it lasted. We have played in a space opera setting on a board of a huge battleship belonging to a young war hero. One guy played a buttler which we have ruled was actually a ship's AI and then he rolled for being a vampire... Turns out the ship requires life force to operate and the young hero is very sickly after the war.

Well before you die give the source a read
mangahere.co/manga/vovnich_hotel/v01/c001/

Not if the character is a butler.

Man, what faggots.

IIRC, she's actually pretty nice if you aren't evil.

DEATH TO ALL WEEABOOS

>Veeky Forums

Are you retarded or something?

The world needs more MAID

The world isn't ready for such patrician taste, unfortunately.

I haven't gone to the Maid cafe in my city. Mostly because I know it is going to be sad and I do not wish to destroy the fantasy

Agreed, but even I don't want to fucking bother with Anima's rulebook after that trainwreck of a translation.

In fact, I have the rules in image format.

Does that mean you are willing to gm said sessions?

Well, I am, but most anons on Veeky Forums would probably scream magical realm and post about how awful they are.

Got it in actually readable image form?

Everyone should be required to have better taste.

Seconded

Can I be an elder dragon maid?

No. That be too OP.

Anima core isn't that bad. Gets a bit worse towards the end, but only has a few mistakes. It's Prometheum Exxet that's really bad.

Hopefully this is better.

I'd play MAID but not with my friends because I'd have to look them in the eye afterwards and not with people I don't know because they're probably sperglords.

"Trainwreck" is a dramatic exaggeration. The ruleset is aside from irritatingly different word choices, for example Damage Resistance/Damage Accumulation and Damage Energy/Energy Damage, a very functional system.

There are however, a lot of unspoken rules which make the on-paper very unbalanced system a much much cleaner experience. Again for example. Spell Levels and the near-absolute impossibility of a mage ever, ever, EVER having a spell over Level 70. It's an annoying design choice, but at the very least the variable forums around (Spanish or otherwise) are good resources to find those tidbits in.

Of course

>Give your waifu a name befitting a Japanese schoolgirl, and try to pretend you didn't have one ready to go already

p-pls no bully

LOS MAGOS DEL TIEMPOOOOOOOO!

Where can I get a pdf (in english)?

this...
it would be cool as fuck to play a MAID game where you start RAW and in-setting, but then your master is grievously murdered before your eyes.

the PC's are then Gunsmith Girls type characters playing to find the killer and avenge their master...
...with a deafening chorus of brutal gunfire!!!

(survival not guaranteed)

There's a free 3rd party iPhone app that will not only roll the special dice but also do the crazy math for you

>mfw I played OP's picture
>for like thirty fucking sessions

Note that this is only what's been translated so far; I don't think anyone has the full rules in English.

Details?

I've always wanted to play MAID but have never found a group for it. Even "Groups" started here fall apart before we get going.

Over the course of the game we blew up, in no particular order:

- helicopter(s)
- a few secondhand mecha
- a shoggoth
- the ship the shoggoth was on
- the entire kitchen
- a castle
- the vampire in the castle
- self-respect
- common sense
- crabs.

Still don't know what the fuck we were thinking.

You learned the Path of Explosion.

Tough Love is lovely mechanic and I wish more games had it.
Ditto for Lame Beast (though you can kind of do that in WoD: Vampire).

I have run this game over IRC a couple of times. Really swell and works very well as a one shot. I just like how fast and crazy the entire thing plays. I get that some people may be turned off by things like clothing damage and the more indecent bits, but I think that if you want an easy to play beer and pretzels game it is a perfect system to schedule a night for. Gif related was how one of them went down.

Would you say the gonzo nature of MAID makes it an easy start for newbie GM with no improvisation skills so he can learn those or would it flop hard?

There is some improvisation required, but you don't really need to stat enemies beyond giving them a single number for powerlevel and you can have random tables do everything related to the actual plot if it pleases you.

wait, i remember that one. thats a pretty good manga.

This sounds amazing for some stupid one off shit to help players with improv and actual roleplay (or GM's, if you are forever GM)

I played Lasers&Feelings (a variant of this system but in space opera shit) and it truly is.

luckily, most of my group is weeaboo faggots to start with, so getting them into the system wouldn't be terribly difficult.

my players have the issue of thinking their options make them good roleplayers. they overload on "Unique" things in the hopes of making their character interesting but then they just say shit like "I attack it"

Half of em are new to tabletop so i can't blame em too bad, but they need to get off of that particular idea.

How you did the conversion? Im currently runing into the same problem, players want to have more things, like currency and dungeons and suff. What system can I shamelessly rip off that would fit into maid game?

Much better.

Saved, may run it sometime when bored and/or drunk.