D&D adventures

What are the best adventures from the 3E/4E era?

Are the Age of Worms and related adventure paths great?

What about the Zeitgeist adventure path?

A lot of the stuff from Eberron is good, in both eras.

I absolutely adore Red Hand of Doom

The Eberron module series that starts as a short level 1 adventure in the setting book is also very good.

What's the Eberron adventure called?

Starts with The Forgotten Forge in the back of the Eberron Campaign Setting book for 3.5

Continues with Shadows of the Last War goes into Whispers of the Vampire's Blade and ends with Grasp of the Emerald Claw.

These can all be played separately, but their plots are in direct continuation of each other.

Hunh. Zeitgeist even got a boxed set.

City of the Spider Queen is hella fun. Dungeon magazine had a side-quest for that adventure, Spire of the Manzessine, that was also cool.

Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil is pretty good also.

Bump out of interest

Thanks, I'll look into that one.

I heard bad things about Spider Queen but maybe from someone unreliable.

Is Return to TE similar in theme to the original or does it shake things up?

Sunless Citadel is fucking tits.

Elaborate?

Elder Evils. Father Llymic, Pandorym, and all that other shit. 3.5 had god-tier monsters in general. I really hope 5e tries to recreate some of that shit. Nothing will ever recreate the feels I had at reading my Elder Evils book at the age of 14 and dreaming of the day I would unleash it on my players.

> tfw they are only a few sessions away from reaching the Father Llymic adventure, eight years later.....

Hell no, those Eberron adventures were mediocre as fuck and just awful.

For real? Damn, that's some fucking endurance, user. Why'd you pick Father Llymic in the end? Why not one of the more impressive ones, like the Hulks of Zoretha or Pandorym? thank the gods you didn't pick sertrous

3.5 had some absolutely based splatbook material.

Too bad it came so far back in the content cycle, it took way too long for the designers to actually understand the 3.5 system and to start using it correctly.

This one is utter shit

What's wrong with Sertrous? And it's cause he was the first thing I opened the page to. I was a sheltered child and the elder evils books filled me with fear and wonder when I first saw them at barnes and noble. Plus the cover of the worm that walks fighting the high-level party on the roofs of the city.... I hate to say it but no other edition feels the same way as 3.5 to me. I don't know what it is but the mix of klutzy rules and battles like that made me fall in love with it forever. Kinda gay, btu whatever.

As for the campaign, it's with my dad and younger brother. I started it when I was 13, sucked at first, but eventually got better. The campaign has gone on hiatus multiple times but we are planning to start up again come springtime when our loft warms up enough to play in again.

> tfw really want to finish the campaign before I move out.

> it took way too long for the designers to actually understand the 3.5 system and to start using it correctly.

Elaborate.

The thing about 3.5 is that the further you get from core(Psionics, Tome of Battle, some of the splat classes like Dread Necro, Beguiler, etc) the more balanced and pleaseant the game becomes.

It's really only when you have people trying to roll up CRB Fighters and Wizards(or things meant to interface directly with them) that shit gets 100% fucked.

What fuckhead drew a naked rogue using the Fangs of the Father with Deathwing still alive in the background.

Also, why is she naked. That's definitely not Tier 13.