Warhammer 40k general

Great groups of guardsmen is good edition.

>THIS IS THE ROSTER CREATOR, WE LOVE POINTING IT OUT SO PLEASE ASK FOR IT!
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit but it'll read 3s.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQs and errata
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Rubricae beware, we've been given a wraithvacuum wraithcleaner by our Craftworld friends in preparation for GS2)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/502370/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for undecided armies!

Someone forgot to make a new general sub edition

I noticed a trend in the Gathering of the Storm books. Each of the two factions that form the focus on the book lose something or have something bad happen to them.

>Imperium ----> Cadia
>Eldar -----> Ball-Tan

Assuming the other books follow the same trend, what will happen to the other factions? What are they going to lose for plot progress?

Chaos. They are going to loose the war and get the shit kicked out of them when Emps gets back up. .

Facing Necrons with decurion thingy 3 flayers and at least 6 Wraith.

Sadly I lack any proper anti air or a way to proxy one in time

THe Deldar may be losing the dark city

Gonna be legtimately angry if they do this. Sure, the 'Chaos has already won and is infinite and can't lose' new-fluff is insufferable, but to hype them up for so long only to have them easily and casually shitstomped would just be pure, uncensored, buttblasting.

The artist in White Dwarf sort of implied 3 main books...

Gathering Storm I + II + III

As he is working on the third book right now.

I was personally expecting 4 Triuvirate boxes based on the Box art of the Imperium, which looked like it was 1/4 of a Doomsday clock and there would be 3 more, now maybe just 3?

No i'm fairly certain that's going to hold since defending that is probably part of the deal the inquisition cut with the homunculae covens to build emps a new body.

Tau lose nothing and some how expand their empire with their new even bigger and stupider not! Titan

IF
IF i wanted to host a 40k/gen/ league on TTS, how many would sign up?

Oh they won't loose entirely, they'll just get beaten back and we will go to new status quo.

I look forward to their Giga Gargantuan Warlord equivalent

T12 / W32 2+/2++/3+++

They already lost Aun'Va and Agrellan. They ain't gonna lose more because that would be unfair to them and their fans.

Am I Castellaning right?

Penitent Engines are gr8 vs Crons.
As long as your Saint takes most of the shooting/assaults you'll be ok.

So, I'm actually thinking of going against some normal 40k wisdom and running some mixed loadouts for some units. Let me know if I'm being crazy: I mostly run Word Bearers.

-Chaos Marines: Normally, I run a minimum squad with Bolters, Meltagun, and a Combi-Melta champ. However, I had 4 points leftover. I decided to give the Meltagun Marine in each squad an extra CCW, and replace 2 of the remaining 3 Bolter Marines with Pistol/CCWs. Rationale is I can either fire 2 Bolters or 2 Meltaguns, and one of the guys gets Grenade duty anyway. Meh?

-Termicide: I just run Combi-Plasma and Power Axes. I'm thinking of giving the Champ a Maul so I have something that strikes at Initiative. Meh? (Or maybe a Lance for charging/punking lesser schlubs?)

Havocs: If I were to do an Iron Warrior list, Havocs are a must of course. Normally, they're "4 autocannons". Could 2 Autocannons/2 Missile Launchers work? 10 points more, lose some efficiency versus tanks, but you gain some threat versus MCs/force bikes to Jink.

I'd join in if I had time to learn TTS first, still haven't started using it for anything yet.

>wanting to play with the trolls, memers, and waacers that post here in /40kg/

...Source? I've never heard this

>Lose Aun'Va
>Nobody except a few commanders even know he's dead and they seem to give minimal shits
>The Ethereal Caste just replaces him with a hologram anyway

I somewhat agree with you, but how they handled Aun'Va's loss was nothing short of insulting. An Etheral dies? Tau get severely disgruntled. Popehat dies? Eh, replace him with a hologram, nobody needs to know.

Literally who and what? Honestly anyone really care about the space Tau pope?

Unless they lose farsight or the kroot homeworld they haven't lost anything.

Orks lose Ghazkull, every planet they've ever conquered, and Gork and Mork.

They get nothing.

I have 6 Penitent. 4 bss with Immolator and flamers.

Wonder if I could make it work.

My other liat

thats not fair.

they get nobz with free 6+ fnp.

He making stuff up. A radical group of the Admech travelled through their captured webway portal and arrived beneath the Dark City. There they struck a deal with an unknown party. Possibly "The Prophets of Flesh" since their stronghold hands on the underbelly on the Dark City.

Other than that, there isn't much known.

Source is the Admech codex timeline.

Whatever could you mean
:^)

hangs*

>>Nobody except a few commanders even know he's dead and they seem to give minimal shits

Shadowsun and Aun'shi know that he was a huge cunt. He was really abusive towards Shadowsun. Some part of them is glad that he is gone, for sure.

I'd be down. How many points, any houserules, etc? (1850 or otherwise?)

I'd love it but I don't own the game, I'm afraid it's the kind of thing that people never find time to play with you.

If people signed up I'd buy the game and maybe try it.

I sometimes run two 14-man CSM-squads, one with bolters and one with CCW/pistol, but sometimes I mix them up to have 7 of each per squad instead. Quite useful if I think I'll be the one to get assaulted in a game. Then the bolter guys are useful for shooting in the beginning, and arethe first to die due to standing in the front, meaning my squad has mostly CC-equipped marines left when charged. These guys have MoN.

I also run havocs with either 3AC 1ML, or 2AC/2ML. Often AA-missiles if I expect to meet flyers. Makes them very useful for just about anything, due to the versality of launchers.

On termis, some swords are always nice if you expect to meet marines.

I would like Tau to suffer a Chaos incursion. A corrupted commander with a horde of corrupted AI going full skynet.

Forces the Tau to realize how much they've been relying on muh superior tech.

Tau of course win, push back the traitor Commander who flees to Abby's Crusade.

But the cost is. The Tau become more hesitant of tech. Not to the level of the Imperium. But they send their Water Caste Diplomancers far and wide and the new kits of Tau would be focusing solely on Auxiliary

Kroots with Pathfinder style Armour (5+, that turms to a 5++ in cover) with Markerlights and Pulse Weapons.
Vespids and more Auxiliary

Technically i'm extrapolating, and you are miss representing it. What the codex says is that the admech found an irreparable flaw in the golden throne. As in the throne WILL fail. Period. 100 percent going to happen, unless that gets retconned.

After this was discovered a group of radical inquisitors went and struck a "dark bargain". Knowing that the throne is going to fail the only thing they could really want is a way to preserve emps. If they wanted the throne preserved they wouldn't have gone to deldar, they would have just gone to eldar.

What the deldar have is the ability to make new bodies and move souls into them. which means that is probably what the inquisitors asked for. It makes the most sense. Now for their payment the deldar could basically want two things way i see it, slaves or help. Could be slaves, but that wouldn't make for as good a story/events as working together to defend the city.

okay so this is using the sentinels of terra supplement.

1995pts

Lysander 230pts

- Elites -
Centurion Devastator Squad (3) 240pts
- 3x Grav Cannon and Grav Amp

Centurions Devastator Squad (3) 250pts
- 3x twin-linked Lascannon and Missile Launcher, omniscope
-Dedicated Transport -
Landraider (1) 250pts

- Troops -
Scout Squad (10) 110pts

Scout Squad (10) 110pts

Scout Squad (10) 110pts

- Fast Attack -

Drop Pod (1) 35pts - (transports grav amp centurions)

Stormtalon Gunship (1) 115pts
- Skyhammer missile launcher

Stormtalon Gunship (1) 115pts
- Skyhammer missile launcher

- Heavy Support -
Devastator Squad (5) 130pts
x4 Missile Launcher

Devastator Squad (5) 150pts
x4 Lascannon

Thunderfire Cannon (1) 100pts

-Fortifications-
Aegis Defence Line 50pts

Justify this, Veeky Forums

They would've asked for help or nulls.
They can get slaves no problem. But if Khaine's Gate were to open / fail / be breached they'd be fucked.

whats wrong?

Justify what?
That's been the situation of the Imperium for some time.

>Technically i'm extrapolating,

There is no technicality. You made shit up. The Dark Eldar are just as capable of making devices that prolong the victim's life/suffering. The Golden Throne is basically that.

So unless you have evidence that they plan to clone the Emperor a new body, please don't speak of it like it was certain. You will only spread misinformation. Now please get out.

Thats my point, what they want more than anything is for the gate to hold and for themselves to continue to survive. It says the bargain has already been struck. So i have every reason to believe we will see a imperium deldar team up.

I suppose you have a point. Alright, perhaps we shall see a repaired golden throne. In any case the deldar imperium thing is gonna go down.

2 squadrons of 2 walkers will shut down most Wraith lists, as long as they're away from gauss blobs.

store.steampowered.com/app/502370/
>Just a reminder that GW will give the 40k licence to a homeless person if they ask nicely.

>Yet all of these pale beside the most insidious threat of all, that of Chaos.

If you want a fluffier list, replace maybe the stormtalons and some of the devastator/centurions/scouts with tactical marines in drop pods.

hes right by saying marines on foot get rekt. however 5-man dev squads with imp fist doctrine are cheap enough to warrant playing. and the aegis provides them good cover if you choose to use it.

Scout squads with twin-linked boltguns put out some serious firepower for their price and counteract the short range of sentinels of terra doctrine with their ability to infiltrate close to the enemy depending who youre playing.

They believe the memes, that's what.
This board has pushed the hurr failbbaddon meme for so long that people who only know 40k from here think it's true.

Maybe it could work.

Well, it's true.

Orks and Tyranids want to murder them and eat them. Chaos wants to enslave them and their souls.

I would rather have a Tyranid munch on me.

It has tons of positive reviews so something has gone right.

I'd personally would prefer to have the dark eldar munch on me

Threats from within are generally spookier than external threats

>the biggest threat to the imperium
>is the imperium, but corrupted

Xeno fags BTFO

I'll have to see if i can grab a m8 to test it during the week
Seems like even 1k could take much longer than usual tho

>there are still people that exist and who post here, who claim to love the game, know the fluff and understand the setting and will sit there and tell you with a straight face straight in your eyes that the ultimate end game big bad villain ancient evil threat of the setting upon which everything revolves around are the Orks or the Nids or the Dark Eldar or the Tau or the Necrons and not Chaos

Chaos biggest issue of why it seems a joke is because every faction save the Imperium has a Nope clause built in on why Chaos doesn't affect them.

Orks
>Nope we have our own Ork Gods of Orkiness that protects us

Tau
>Nope our souls are McDonalds tier while the Imperium is top steak

Necrons
>Nope we have no souls

Tyranids
>Nope we have no personality besides the Hive Mind

Eldar
>Nope we learned after jobbing Slaanesh

Dark Eldar
>Nope too edgy to be corrupted

Eldar
>Nope we learned after jobbing Slaanesh

chaos still loves nomming on eldar souls. just because they carry soulstones that doesnt mean they can all be saved.

There are Chaos Eldar living on daemon worlds/crime worlds. Not that many of em tho.

the imperium is like 90% of the factions in 40k.

Man, I wish they'd bring back Chaos Orks as a thing. Does anyone have that 3rd ed Daemonhunters artwork of the diseased Nurgle Orks? That or bringing back Stormboyz of Khorne would be neat.

That's mostly your headcanon.

All of them were attacked and got fucked up by Chaos. There are examples of Chaos corrupting all these races. I can give exact citations for each. Also they would dissolve into soup once Chaos breaks the walls of reality. Guess what's preventing that from happening? Just the Necron pylons and there isn't many of them left in the galaxy and the surviing ones cannot handle the pressure.

True, but you don't really see Eldar's get corrupted or Craftworlds suffer from Chaos Cults you just see Eldar fighting Chaos / Eldar souls getting eaten by Chaos
>(Correct me if I'm wrong)

Chaos orks and chaos nids team up when?

It's because the game assumes you're gonna view things with human-centric tunnel vision, then gives you like 83 playable factions.

And then only really makes Chaos Marines relevant to the Imperium, besides some offhanded trolling of the Eldar by Slaanesh marines.

What if the hive mind gets corrupted though?

>Chaos nids

*crone worlds. Same shit I guess.

Chaos Orks are still a thing. They are mentioned in CSM 6th ED codex and also the novel "Angron's Monolith" has feral Ork being corrupted by Khorne.

There is also FFG material which has the Blood Boyz who are Orks who abandoned G&M to worship Khorne.

i though the tau have no connection to the warp they were immune to the effects that the warp and chaos has on the mind.

maybe a chaos incursion as part of some crazy warp storm that EMPs their technology and puts them in the dark against chaos. forcing them to find analog means of communication and low tech weapons

Path of the Dark Eldar. A Craftworld seer is corrupted by Tzeentch. The series also have tons of corrupted Dark Eldar working as cults trying to summon Nurgle and Tzeentch forces into the Dark City.

Go ahead and let me know where I'm wrong and strayed into headcanon.

Orks had old fluff of Khorne Orks / Orks accidentally worshipping an idol of Nurgle, but I was pretty sure for the Khorne Orks it was written as "just a phase for Orks and they grow out of it"

>the imperium is like 90% of the factions in 40k.
Tyranids sends their regards.

Hive fleet Leviathan have numbers to devour entire galaxy and only faction with enough manpower to fight it is currently fighting witch Failbadon.
That will be greatest and last failure for Armless, as he and his black crusade will make way to Holy Terra just in time to be nomed by hive fleet
Good job chaos you will be able to destroy yourself.

Wait a minute...Citizen, how many arms does the Emperor have?

They are not immune. They are just hard to see. See the first rule.

2 sir

S-six?

Tau have a soul. Period.

But to the level of the soul it's usually so insignificant that they go unnoticed

>Why aren't there any Chaos Cults / Uprisings on Tau controlled Hive Worlds?

Trick question:
He's a god. He can have as many or as little as He wills.

Can the god emperor create an object thats so heavy that he can't even move it?

Eldar and Orks and Corrupted Tyranids are mentioned in "Storm of Iron" and Chaos made Tyranid their slaves in "Daemon World".

In Fire Warrior and FFG material show that the Tau can get corrupted albeit slowly with no effects until it builds up high.

Necrons check their 7th ED codex timeline. See the "Daemon Tomb"

Did I leave something out?

Neat. Will have to check that out.

None because he is dead

>Corrupted Tyranids are mentioned in "Storm of Iron" and Chaos made Tyranid their slaves in "Daemon World".
These are just Tyranids isolated from the Hive Mind and without the protection of the Shadow in the Warp. Nids end up with ferals or splinters running around all the time, but that makes up like 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of all Tyranids. It's like if Chaos corrupted a couple of my microscopic dead skin cells that sloughed off - doesn't touch the actual mind of the entity.

He can create object so heavy that he can't move it and able to move it at the same time. He is a god user, logic does not concerns him.

He already did.
Humanity's Destiny, so long as they continue to do as He wills.

>Hive fleet Leviathan have numbers to devour entire galaxy and only faction with enough manpower to fight it is currently fighting witch Failbadon.

Daemons outnumber that Hive fleet and all the Tyranids combined.

Also remember that Tyranids avoid warpstorms like a plague. With the Eye of Terror expanding (and other warpstorms forming and expanding across the galaxy) the Tyranids will have a lot of things removed off the menu. What makes your statement more stupid is that the Eye of Terror is heading straight towards Terra so the Nids in Seg-Solar will be chased off before the onslaught of Chaos. Eventually, the Eye will spread all over the galaxy and destroy it unless some miracle happens and stops it. So basically, Chaos, as the fluff stand, have already won. The Tyranids are too late.

Does Russ really deserve all the hate?

We are getting a little to surreal for me user

memes, memes everywhere, on both sides of the debate.

Is someone upset that Chaos is the true enemy?

One week in the pain glove and therapy sessions with your company chaplain until he is ready to pass further judgement on you, brother.

With all due respect, Ecclesiarch, we have to curb this hidden cult before it can spread any further.

Carry on citizen.

That's not the point. The point that it does happen. Chaos warbands raid Tyranid fleets to steal their warrior beasts to work for them as slaves. The Iron Warriors stole and corrupted a whole hive ship.

Not at all. They're great tanks, just a little overpriced for some of their configurations and the whole Ordnance weapons make all other weapons snapfires.

If he wasn't a boneheaded idiot, he could have apprehended Magnus who could replace Emps on the throne.

Next book is more hopeful and will have a yellow/gold cover.

BL is releasing a boatload of Blood Angel books in March

Source: White Dwarf

Theory: Sanguinor/Dante is on the cover of the third book. Deals with the Nids and Kharn atacking the BA

They will probably do the reaver equivalent next and then later on warlord equivalent.

WoM says that the Emperor told Horus to tell Russ to arrest Magnus. Horus changed the orders into KILL.

How is it Russ's fault that the Emperor trusted Horus to deliver the message?

>overpriced
I would argue they're under-priced considering how durable and how many guns the tank gets.
The problem is regular vehicles are shit in this meta.

What would happen to those Slave-beasts if they were to return to Synapse?

If they instantly go back to acting like Tyranids in Synapse then they weren't corrupted.

If they stayed under Chaos' control then yup they were corrupted.

>Kharn atacking the BA

You mean Ka'Pandaman. And I would groan like brainless zombie if that happens. No more Imperium please. Some other factions need the spotlight.