pastebin.com/qCZb0mvh

>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

Old thread:

Skaven made to order when?

The fuck are these things?

As blue birds, shouldn't they be on the Roidrage's side?

It's your mother

Hyyyyype

They're called Aetherwings, I think. Alongside Gryph-hounds they are allies to the Stormcast.

Theyre the same eagles that the Knight Venator uses

Can't wait to get my hands on these fuckers. If the rumors are true and they are Battleline my dreams of a full cavalry stormcast army might come true yet.

Actually, no. The Venator is accompanied by a Star-eagle instead.

Okay but those are some seriously Tzeentch themed models. Mostly because of the paint scheme in the case of the bluebirds, but I mean...

>Lanky hairless freak mount
>Bird head
>Hooves and horns
>Mutant second tail

These guys are NOT the new Judicators. They're called Raptor Snipers and fulfil the job of long-range fire support.
This is them with Hurricane Crossbows...

..and this is them with Longstrike Crossbows, who supposedly have 36" range.

Meanwhile the only Tzeentch model that has any of those features is Roidrage Traumaturd.

The paint scheme here is very impressive from a technical stand point but I would never paint birds to look like this. It clashes with the armored rider too much.

Makes me think that Tzeentch was corrupting the stormcast birds all along

What is with the allegiance system walling basic shit off? There's plenty of Chaos sub factions that could make use of these, or generic cool shit like Slaughterbrutes and such.

I prefer stormcast with the eagle decoration to the lion decoration. I wish I'd had the foresight to leave the lion-face armour pieces off wherever possible so I could do a full force of eagle warriors.

Also, like the new Hunters (boring name, by the by) Liberators and Judicators are being repackaged into boxes of ten and Prosecutors into boxes of six.

You can just use Chaos allegiance instead of a specific one

user has made some cool edits.

Don't forget to oil your gryphs, user.

Generic Chaos allegiance is a thing. Use it.

Yes, but specific factions get wildly better bonuses. You can only take hounds or Slaughterbrutes in a generic Chaps allegiance.

Compromising on theme for bonuses? That's Waac as shit.

Why are they bullying this guy? First surrounded by Griffon riders and now vicious birds.

Its not compromising for theme, its literally the opposite.

If you stick to a faction you get bonuses for using that faction.

>new prayers instead of spells
More reasons to field a Lord-Veritant and mybe a reason to occasionally bring out the Lord-Relictor.
>new relics and command traits
Those will need to be really good to pull even with the generic Order relics and command traits (Relic Blade and Reckless in particular)
>traits for fucking mounts
I have no idea how that will work.

Yes it bloody is, plenty of the more generic models fit into multiple themes.

It's meant to encourage theming, but it narrows way too far.

>50 dollars
?????

Don't the Stormcast have enough models already

I bet next they will give us more Khorne models because why not

If you dont do theming bonuses by faction then how else could you possibly give bonuses for it? Its too open ended to do it any other way.

You still get the generic Chaos allegiance bonuses. The only thing you miss out is a few battleline choices

It's like you're complainining you can't mix chaos hounds into Tzeentch because MY HEADCANON THEME REEEEEEE

>Battlelines with giant Crossbows
>Cavarly with repeating Crossbows
>Scouts with pistol Crossbows
>Unit with sniper Crossbows

Goddamit GW, I don't want to, but now I HAVE to buy a Stormcast army.

Crossbow is love
Crossbow is life

Because can take it, because he has the Hero keyword.

I'm complaining because every time I look into this bloody game to give it a chance it looks more restrictive than Fantasy and more WAAC than 40k.

So the game is more restrictive because you dont get specific bonuses for using chaos warhounds and blightkings together?

Fuck off retard

In what manner? A few battleline units? Allegiance you don't need to adhere to?

Except for battlelines its moot since only tzeentch has its own thing for chaos

>Compromising on theme for bonuses? That's Waac as shit.
What? No, what you're demanding 'gimme unit X with bonus Y even though they don't belong together because it maximizes my killingness' is WAAC as shit.

>Price back to €40
Pity, I'd hoped they stopped that when the Tzeentch battletome was back to the good old €25.

Don't forget the crossbow-wielding dragon riders and the tri-barrel crossbow guys.

Nah, I'm claiming everyone should be on even ground. Free bonuses for all, or for nobody. Saying "You need to not take anything from any of the tiny supplementary factions with no battleline of their own, or you don't get nice things" is horse manure encouragement to grab bonuses.

The dogs are just an easy to grasp example, because they used to be part of more than one army, and now belong to none of the factions that have battleline.

This kinda shit is gonna become -hugely- more apparent once we have a larger number of battletomes which get nice things for sticking to a shortlist of units.

This is getting retarded

So can someone explain Allegience to me? If I run a Legion of Azgorh army, can I not have access to Chaos Allegience?

What would you all say works as a GW-friendly alternative to the Blood Knight models, seeing as how they're butt-ass expensive (and apparently no longer available)? Black Knights are an obvious choice, but I'm already planning to have them in my army, so I'd need them to be visually distinct.

The GHB explains it very clearly

>Nah, I'm claiming everyone should be on even ground. Free bonuses for all, or for nobody.

Which is exactly how it is? If you don't stick to an allegiance you still get the grand Alliance bonuses.

The incentive for playing with a subfaction is that your bonuses are more appropriate for the subfaction instead of generic.

Get Dragon Princes/Blades, paint them red, done.
That's what nearly all vampire players used to do.

You are aware we have the common Grand Allegiance boni, right? And most of those are actually pretty good.

This

Used to run VC in WHFB, the dragon princes are your best alternative to blood knights unless you wanna try convert some stuff from other cavalry units.

rather then banner and engineer. More clanrats and packmaster..

Shock gauntlets 4 attacks doing d6 hits each on a 4+ (packmaster, lord of war)

Warbringer is able to use clanrats with larger size to great effect

Crown and packmaster picks up the slack for battleshock

Warpgrinder can do any skaven unit, while the stormvermin are best for more scenarios, maybe you'd like to use a hero with skaven keyword, clanrats or even Stormfiends and you need 3 teams for battalion

Im pretty new, but ive picked up the fleash eater courts box, and made the crypt ghast courtier. I now have 9 crypt ghouls, did i do it wrong, where can i grab a single crypt ghoul.

What I want to know is why tf Centigors aren't Brayherd.

Use the crypt ghost courtier as the leader of a ghoul unit. But bits off eBay. I highly suggest making a ghoul courtier out of the tiny flayer wings in a crypt horror box and a bloodletter body. Add ghoul claws and head to taste.

Khorne player here, I hope so. With all of this meta leaning towards fast armies, my guys need some help.

Duardin, Death and Aelfs can go first and I wont complain, though.

The line between awesome and retarded is a very thin one.

That's basically what Warhammer and 40k are all about.

Which artist is this? They've been producing some great stuff for all the new releases but GW still have their weird no personal credit policy going on.

It looks like a mix of Blanche and Alex Pardee .Not unfamiliar, but certainly different to most of GWs artwork to date.

Played a few first games today with my stormcast, and I have a few questions.

First of how does one deal with range weapon armed opponents. Played one game vs free humans, and one game vs another storm cast player. Both times got wrecked by their shoting. With the Stormcasts I at least had some models left after he landed, but vs the musket and crossbow armed dudes, I was just dead on turn 2, never reaching any melee.

My second question is about the leaders. First how does one protect ones own leader. they seem to be sniped very easy. And second how does one recognise opponents leaders without having a GW catalog or memorising it. the orc player I played against just gave me the list, and then said he doesn't have to tell me which one of his dudes is the leader models, it is my job to know models from all factions.

And the third thing is about the points system. Now I know that the non full model units still cost if they were full, which imo sucks, but is there some balancing thing. Non of the units of the starter box came at the proper number of models, so even if am technicly playing give points game I actualy have almost 200pts less. Am trying to find something in the general hand book, which would give me a chance against optimised lists.

And last thing how do I kill big monsters that summon other big monsters. the last guy I played today was a demon player, and he said that he is going to give me a chance after being trashed all day. He deployed only one model, although it was big, and then just kept summoning another one each turn. When I actualy got to the objective on turn 3, he had 9 big monsters. He charged me and wiped me out.All I manged is to do some wounds here and there.

Oh, yeah, definitely works. Thanks, anons.

kevin chin, appeared on warhammer's tv twitch last week, the quality is hit or miss but generally he's becoming one of my favorite artists left at GW due to his sheer madness in composition and detailing over realism and clarity.

I don't remember an earlier work of his prior to some artworks for the 6th edition of 40k.

What kind of hellish place do you play
Also whats in your army? I'm going to assume from your post you have the Stormcast from the starter set.

Being inside terrain will save your guys from being shot to pieces, although im wondering how they managed to do enough damage in only turn of shooting.

People do have to declare which model is their general, that guy is being a dick. It's good sportsmanship to give a quick rundown of what your fielding in your army.

They intentionally dicked you in the starter set so you'd have to buy more models. The Get started box has the models you need to make up the numbers or you can buy the two extra Retributors seperatly in a set or in the Storm or Sigmar set that comes with three Liberators aswell.

A wizard will give you a chance to unbind spells if he is summoning shit, your liberators are alright at killing monsters. If you were playing match play theres a limit to how many big monsters you can summon.

I also like that he is clearly someone who trained as an artist, rather than a designer.
This picture for example might SEEM chaotic in it's composition but it's a perfectly balances image in terms of having content in areas of focus.

Alot of the early AOS artwork looked like it was done by the digital design guys and had no sense of weight, the composition looked like what someone who didn't really get composition would think is good, and everything was sort of flat and still.

If there is one thing GW has always been top in it's artwork, and since blanche retired as head of the art department there has been a noticeable drop off in quality. Hopefully it goes back up soon.

Sounds like you were playing a slow melee list. They get countered easily by shooting armies. You need fast units to beat shooting units.

>First how does one protect ones own leader
Hide him behind units or terrain to block line of sight.

>And second how does one recognise opponents leaders without having a GW catalog or memorising it
Ask your opponent which model is their general

>Non of the units of the starter box came at the proper number of models,
Most boxes that come out these days come in proper squad sizes. If they don't it's because they are very old models (Saurus Warriors, Dryads) and the sprues are from like 2002, or they were released before the GHB standardized sizes.

Would this work?
Also can you summon blue horrors you keep in reserve to spawn from pink horrors dying, and summon from that same reserve pool? I was thinking mainly like last turn objective taking by summoning them or something

SO could I use a Blackshard Warhost Battalion buff and also have Chaos allegiance

Is that a fucking electro heart Pepe?

How rare

the problems with GW art lately are that they demand the most complete ownership possible over the art produced, driving off numerous artists, and that they are pumping out products at an alarming rate, requiring artists to favor rapidity over being meticulous.

with the above premises (or at least, the second) they simply can't improve the quality of the pieces: among the really good artists left there's the man behind pic related and you can see it's not a work of limited by talent, but time (I know one talent is to work fast, but you can understand)

Stormcast player here - I like our new stuff.

Stormcast didn't have any models until release. Then in July and August of 2015 they got a full line.

Then 8 months later in March of 2016 they got two new models.

Now 11 months later they are getting a new book and I assume 6 new boxes.

Vanguard on foot, Vanguard on gryph chargers, gryph hounds, sniper stormcasts, falcons, and lord on gryph charger.

People are complaining that their factions aren't getting anything but keep in mind:

Stormcasts replaced Space marines in front of the HQ. Of course they will be well supported, they are the new main faction of AoS.

Secondly, there were several releases between each of the new stormcast books:

Khorne Bloodbound
Sylvaneth
Orruks
Flesh Eater Courts
Tzeentch
Savage Orruks
Everchosen
Fyreslayers
Seraphon

It's not like other armies haven't been getting attention.

the best artist left in GW overall, though, is undoubtedly paul dainton.

What did you buy user?

Indeed. It's also the reason they've made the switch almost wholly to digital artwork. Obviously most companies use it now due to time constraints (and I'm glad they haven't gone full wyrd and just started colouring in renders.) But GW used to be one of very few employers of classically trained painters. I remember going to an exhibition at nottingham castle of the art of warhammer and it was full of huge canvases and detailed drawings. The existence of the artworks as actual physical things only added to the richness of the setting in my opinion.

Maybe once they've got AOS down, got the factions built up and given each one a new visual style, then we'll see the artists given a little more freedom to create actual oil works or narrative pieces not based solely on models.

- Get ranged troops yourself, invest in some fast units or deploy as a Lightning Strike-capable battalion.
- Hide him in a unit (true line of sight!) or behind terrain if he's too big. As for recognizing models, it's common courtesy to tell your opponent what is what before the game.
- The only non-full unit SC can get are Retributors. Grab the Easy to Build: Retributors kit to fill them up. No two ways about it.
- That last point sounds like he cheated big time. Read up on the basic rules and the General's Handbook.

stfu faggot, go back to 40k

>999
>Tzeentchi tricks
Let's ignore 90% of the factions have less than 5 models or are literally unplayable.

>driving off numerous artists,
Good thing, the new blood can finally have a job and most of them are very talented

>and that they are pumping out products at an alarming rate, requiring artists to favor rapidity over being meticulous.
Except, you know, the battletome are at least completed a year before they are actually sold

I have the start collecting set. There was enough terrain, some impassible towers and buildings, but also smaller stuff that gave cover. also some walls and trees.

God to know about the leader thing. I will be sure to mention when I play the orc player again.

>If you were playing match play theres a limit to how many big monsters you can summon.
I think it was some other sort of game. He even told me to not worry about points etc.

>Most boxes that come out these days come in proper squad sizes.
I had 2 retributors in my box, and the minimum size is 5 I think. Same with the prosecutors.

>Stormcasts replaced Space marines in front of the HQ. Of course they will be well supported, they are the new main faction of AoS.

And everyone who doesn't play Space Marines in 40k hates the amount of attention Marines get over everyone else there as well.

I've been on the edge about starting this game. I tried it at GW and it was amusing enough and, very importantly, fast. I'm also liking some of the recent models.

However, I dislike the fact that everything wounds in the same way. I also hear that Death is not so great and I have some skeletons lying around from when I wanted to play WHFB.

Is it worth getting into?

Well, to that I say - deal with it.

Wow you are a faggot.
It's age of stormcast, stormcast have to be the top 1 army with the best support and best models that do everything better than all other army you know ?
I mean why would you play anything else ?
battletome is a YEAR is clearly not enough, I wanted 4 battletome per month.
I mean they only have 4 times more kits than every other allegiance out there bro, they need 15-20 times more new plastic kits

I hope we got bataillon that give free unit that deeptrike all over the table because Stormcast are clearly bad right now. Having them play 10 or 12 FREEturns before the opponent can react is literally fluffy and and what they need right now.
And i clearly don't say that because I play stormcast, i mean pretty much everyone is okay with that

Yeah, but he is larger then other stormcast models. so it is always possible to draw line of sight to him.

Is there a way to add range weapons to liberators? Right now I don't have the cash to buy more models.

>However, I dislike the fact that everything wounds in the same way.
Just like in 40k or Whfb, except here they got rid of the tables

Last guy cheated,
take a warrior brotherhood and you can win against the others tho

Imagine being this mad, and this much of a loser to type it all

Really makes you wonder

user, how old are you? You make me think you're some 15 year old poorfag who spent his Christmas money on a hobby in which the only people you can find a WHFB grognards.

I just feel so sorry for you. Why didn't you do any research before you bought the starter? Why is everyone you play with huge assholes?

>Good thing, the new blood can finally have a job and most of them are very talented

Except when they get people who only know digital and haven't had any training of formal theory. Then you end up decreasing the artwork quality across the board.
All of them are of course very technically talented but some of them clearly need to actually study painting and working from life, rather than working entirely digitally from renders and pre existing model templates.

I played and collected 40K back in the late 90's early 00's but lost interest.

I found some old models, which made me think about the hobby again, and now I'd love to get into AOS.

Considering getting one of three "Start Collecting!" sets = Stormcast Eternals, Malignants or Sylvaneth.

Is there any super obvious advantages to one over the other or is it a case of "pick whatever you like the look of"? (p.s. I really like all three though).

>However, I dislike the fact that everything wounds in the same way.

They simple shifted the paradigm on number of wounds instead of chance to wound.

It's more simple and it offer the same variance.

An attack with S4 against a model with T6 and 1 wound is statistically the same as an attack that wound on 4+ against a 3 wound model.

In both cases you need 6 attack to kill him on average.

>Considering getting one of three "Start Collecting!" sets = Stormcast Eternals, Malignants or Sylvaneth.

The one remotely useful there is the sylvaneth, with the stormcast being the worst

I'm jelly.

Depends on your local meta/group style. Play Trees or Sigmarines if you want to win. Pick anything else as long as you don't have any delusions of competitive play and your local scene values fun.

Malignants aren't even a full faction. They aren't bad, per say. They just aren't as good when you start looking at the competition ceiling. Remember, you can always scale down a good army's power. It's hard to scale up a bad army.

>Except, you know, the battletome are at least completed a year before they are actually sold
one of the artists commented on one of the pieces for the seraphon getting finished less than 6 months before release; without considering that the time between completeness and release is largely irrelevant compared to the time frame between one book and the next which must be either done contemporarily or with a difference of a few months to keep up with the schedule.

I was told that stormcast are cheapest to start with, and they were cheaper then any warhammer 40000 army. I also have to do it, because describe your hobby is part of a project for school. As if the people here are asholes, they don't seem to be different from any other type of people.

Nice. Three threads ago, people were saying that the stormcast starter was good.

It comes with two Hammer Paladins, hilariously just kinda blithely assuming you have a AoS starter set.

Cannot decide between painting up Hammers of Sigmar or Celestial Vindicators

both schemes look awesome - but now there will be specific stormhost rules associated with them

It says Start Collecting Stormcast Eternals, how more starter set can you get? When you have start twice in box name ?

Haven't seen this before. This is some fucking badass art no joke.

They ARE good. You just need to run them in a specific formation that completely removed their weakness of being slow as balls. Look up warrior brotherhood or God forbid use the starter set battalion. Deep strike your army on some nerds.

There could also be more options coming in the new battletome, may be worth waiting for that as well.

I'm sure someone more witty than me can come up with some amusing words to throw in with this pic, theres something pretty funny about the disgruntled look of him trudging off to work being harassed by a swarm of birds.

Also, makes me feel better about how my Ogroids painting has come out since WD's one doesnt look that much better.

I'm pretty hype honestly, I used some disposable tax return money ahaha