Other urls found in this thread:

dnd.wizards.com/articles/news/april-survey-results
reddit.com/r/DnD/comments/3jb6wo/multiclass_all_the_things_5e/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>no discord link

nice

Fighters are shit.

>LMoP
How do you kill the young green dragon? If it's at half flies away, is there a way to stop it from flying away? Or a mindset that will make the young green dragon fight on?

What would an every-class multiclass be like?

Apart from shit.

Moar ideas to necromancy puzzles.

>Killing literally everything that comes your way

You do realize there's better things to do than that, right? Like having someone in your party that speaks draconic realizing that it just wants people off its goddamn lawn.

yeah the highest DPR in the game without expending any resources, that can consistently blow up targets and has fantastic crowd control abilities sure sounds terrible

Earthbind.

- Drop a cage on it
- Clip its wings
- Control spells
- Make your party fly and fight it in the sky

etc

Tons of options.

>reasoning with a green dragon

Literally a worse Oathbreaker, user.

So after consulting with potentially biased people(my gaming group) the consensus is that this homebrew of mine is pretty much the final version. It'd require some playtesting to see if it holds up to being balanced or not however, but in the end I'm pretty satisfied with the end result. Posting this for the one user and whoever else might've been interested in playing this.

>lawful evil tricky dragon
My party ended their session right as the dragon greeted them. They want to kill it, but I'm going to try and have it deceived the party into being a guardian and the Druid is evil.
Can a player grapple/climb the dragon and it flies off?

Drop a backpack full of alchemist's fire down its throat when it comes up to eat you.

RIP brave Halfling Rogue

I don't see why not?

"Fighters are good" is my new favorite 5eg meme.

Skeletons where they rearrange themselves into new creatures when they're killed in specific ways, and you have to kill them in a specific form order to open a door.

>ranged attacks make them respawn as wolf skeletons
>melee attacks make them respawn as human skeletons
>magic attacks make them respawn as bear skeletons
>door shows ancient war of humans taming wolves then using them to kill bears

>Fighter
>Half-Orc
>Champion
>Fighting Style Two Handed Weapon
>Feat Greatweapon Master
>20 STR
>Greatsword 2d6 damage.

You're god, while the Paladin is exausted without any slots you're dealing 3d6+5 criticals all the day plus reroll 1 and 2 damage dices.

I like the exercise, so are we counting the ranger and the revised ranger as different classes? Is the artificer in?

Tell me your character idea, including race, class, and archetype. I'll come up with an item I'd give you as your DM.

If you use 3rd party stuff tell me what it does. Also if your stuff includes a patron or a deity, tell me about them too.

Let's say Artificer as yes, revised ranger as no.

Rock gnome artificer on the alchemist line, lawful neutral.

>Greatsword
>not Pole-arm
>somehow optimized
>half-nig to boot

kek

Firbolg open hand monk, raised in an isolated human monastery after his tribe was wiped out, strong sense of justice, but very shy.

Horizon Walker/Oath of Treachery Paladin whose entire village was slaughtered by a giant wolf with dark yellow eyes and hair that was frosted with a dark red color. For some reason, he was spared by this beast and now vows to hunt and kill it for revenge.

Why oath of treachery and not oath of vengeance?

Pole-arm is for pussies.

GWM will never compete with PAM+GWM.

Never.

I've been out of the loop for DnD for years but my friend asked me to run a game with the Starter Set she got for Christmas.

I was expecting something akin to the awful 4th edition starter set i had years ago and said i'd run it that night.

Holy shit i am so impressed! Kids or casuals literally could play DnD probably for years just with whats in that set. Really really good and we had a blast.

warforged samurai who woke up in the neverwinter woods. Wandered and developed his own honor code and fighting style by pushing his limits and seeking strong foes. Hopes to find out why he was created and what led him to be asleep for seems to be centuries.

Because he's also a dick who often gets sidetracked.

Drow Rogue Swashbuckler/GOO Warlock (starting as Rogue then forced into Warlock).

Daylight not a concern due to house rulings.

GOO is Vhaeraun - DM's input.

Neutral Evil, overarching desire to live forever without becoming a lich and instead by stealing a god's divinity.

>only good at an extremely high level is way better than a build that come sonline at level 4!

lol ok, have fun being bad for the first 6 levels, and then still not doing as much damage

Give me a personality or something to work with.

Prayer bead necklace given to him by an old, blind monk who trained the PC while the PC cared for the monk. You can use Hidden Step X times before needing a short rest, where X = proficiency bonus. You have to make a DC 15 Wisdom saving throw to make eye contact with someone while wearing the prayer beads. If you are blinded, you gain 15 ft. of blindsense until the blinded condition ends.

Goblin Chainlock, in the service of Titania. Is currently trapped in the Underdark, he seeks a way to return to that eternal summer forest, and to dance and drink the night away with the sprites and pixies

For

Constantly experimenting, always testing out some new method of powering his inventions, of a more critical thinking mind than a combative one. Likes to study works from other alchemists.

>11 is an extremely high level

lmao

A broken dagger stained with a trickle of the wolf's blood, recovered from the body of a villager who tried in vain to protect his family. It deals 2d4 additional damage to beasts (or fiends or whatever the type of this special wolf is), and you may use Poison Strike one additional time per short rest against that type of creature.

>Vhaeraun
>Also if your stuff includes a patron or a deity, tell me about them too.

Goblin Wizard, who stole a dead Wizard's spellbook and fled before the rest of his tribe found out. Spent over twenty years hiding out in the middle of a haunted forest teaching himself how to read and then use the magic in the book. Now, after returning to find his tribe dead, plots someway to become immortal and take back the goblin race from Maglibiyet and make them worship him instead.

My BBEG is a fallen angel, specifically an erinyes, who still loves the Good deities despite her demotion. Her plan is to purge an entire world of its various mortals and repopulate it with a race that is actually worthy of worshipping Good.

She holds conventional humanoids in utter loathing, hating them for not fully appreciating and submitting themselves to the forces of Good. She's not afraid to share this opinion, loudly, repeatedly, with anyone she encounters.

For the big climax, I'm giving her the ability to use a Rope of Entanglement as a lair action, and the ability to use Vicious Mockery as a cheap legendary action. The rope is because hay, she's an erinyes, and the Vicious Mockery is because of her constant, withering stream of insults.

What might be some other thematic lair/legendary actions be, to give to a devil who still has a perverse appreciation for Good and heaps of contempt for her opponents?

I don't follow. Vhaeraun is standard Forgotten Realms - drow god, opposed to Lolth, also evil, supports drow living on the surface, wears a mask, likes gender equality?

Cliché japanime delinquent styled half-orc monk. Runs around using his bat as a homebrewed monk weapon and arrogantly looks down on anyone he perceives as weak. Used to be a part of the not-yakuza! until he formed a tsundere friendship with the party and joined them. Obsessively combs his pompadour.

Smite.

Also she should have some blindly zealous loyal Paladin manservant(s).

A magical crystal shard embedded in your dominant hand. Once per short rest, you can use a bonus action to channel electricity through your hand into a weapon made of metal. Until the start of your next turn, the weapon deals xd4 additional lightning damage, where x = proficiency bonus. You take 5 lightning damage when you use this ability. The crystal whispers things to you occasionally and often tells you when you're near something or someone related to the creation of warforged.

dnd.wizards.com/articles/news/april-survey-results

Sorry, but the average game never hits above level 6, and most long campaigns end around level 10, making level 11 an extremely high level that only a TINY minority of players will ever see.

Im sorry you got BTFO that hard, but youre retarded and deserve it.

A wreath of grape vines to wear around your head. Your familiar gains Magic Initiate (bard) while you're wearing the wreath. The wreath has 10 grapes on it, which regrow daily at dawn if picked off. You may use an action to pick a grape off the wreath to feed a grape to a creature, healing X damage, where X = proficiency bonus.

Fallen aasimar paladin (vengeance), he was possessed by a demon who made him kill his adoptive family, now he wanders the land hunting demons and trying to find the one who killed his family

Drastically increase the gravity in her lair, forcing all targets within range to succeed on a save or be forced to their knees in submission.

What if you had to expend Hit Die every time you got healed to represent your body's metabolism being fast-forwarded?

So a healing spell would heal for the amount stated in its description only if the target spends Hit Die, regaining health equal to both the spell and the roll of the Hit Die. Casting healing spells at a higher level would allow more Hit Die to be spent (assuming the target has Hit Die left) at a rate of 1HD/extra spell level, in addition to any extra healing the spell gets from being cast at a higher level, of course.

Your alchemist satchel gains a new ability. If you collect a quart of blood of a creature, you can make 1 alchemist fire/acid that deals a type of damage that creature could deal. (You might even make a potion that is liquified claw that deals slashing damage. Imagine being able to throw it at a tree to cut it down.)

>dnd.wizards.com/articles/news/april-survey-results

>the average game never hits above level 6
>14 levels of content are never used

I'm glad I don't play with faggots like you, holy shit. And this only makes fighters even worse, you know. If that were true, Moon Druids would be the best.

Find Familiar magically appears in your spellbook, and you feel compelled to use it and keep a familiar available to you at all times. You don't need to pay the cost to perform the ritual. No matter what form your familiar takes, it has Magic Initiate: Wizard, and it can use your spell slots to cast its feat-granted 1st level spell. It offers you helpful advice to achieve your goal.

That's definitely something I'd be down for. More reagents/abilities to play around with is always fun.

>survey of thousands and thousands of users
>claims its "just me" that plays that way, not literally everyone
>still this buttmad about class balance and refusing to accept classes fill different niches
>still doesnt realize fighters deal insane damage at level 4 without expending resources

Human bard who's pretty ugly and can't play music for shit, but knows lots about magic, lore, history, and myths. He's really quiet, and his goal for the adventure is to grow more confident as a person.

Teenage rogue with poorfag father and dead mother. Father earned money to take care of character by working as a thief, but got screwed over by his partner and is in jail now. Character wants to earn and/or steal enough money to bail him out.
She's also secretly a reverse trap, but the party doesn't know this.

Human paladin of vengeance. A former brigand and highwayman, he experienced an unexpected change of heart when his gang transformed into a dark cult of devil worshippers. Still armed with twin daggers and more at home hidden in a shadow than out in the open, he's now a masked agent of justice.

I don't know FR deities, so I need info on them when you include them as something relevant to your character.

You have a mask granted to you by your patron. It hides you from divination spells and other magical or supernatural effects that would reveal your location, thoughts, alignment, etc. Vhaeraun whispers his agenda to you through the mask occasionally. You'll notice he often asks where you are, as if the mask's effects even work on him.

The mask has 3 charges which recover daily at dawn. You may spend 1 charge to cast Invisibility on yourself without using a spell slot as a bonus action, or you may spend 3 charges to cast Greater Invisibility on yourself without a spell slot as an action.

LE Human Cleric of Death with the soldier background. Undecided on deity (he might simply pay homage to the *concept* of death). Soldier background.

He's a veteran with horrible memories of war. He's convinced he can make conventional warfare (including the kind that traumatized him) a thing of the past by "conscripting" the dead. He's constantly creating more undead than he can effectively control. He keeps trying/researching new ways to increase how firm a grip he can maintain on the undead, and refuses to accept the blame for when an out-of-control zombie wanders off and bites someone.

Cool stuff. I dig it.

In the campaign so far the most useful thing would be blocking people from reading my character's thoughts and alignments, that's happened too often.

The bat is magical, and it is golden and slightly bent. You may use the following spells 3 times per day each: Misty Step, Longstrider, and Pass Without Trace.

reddit.com/r/DnD/comments/3jb6wo/multiclass_all_the_things_5e/

He grows a single horn out of his forehead. When he uses the Attack action, he can use a bonus action to make an attack with the horn. The horn deals 1d8+Str piercing damage. When you deal necrotic damage with the horn, you may heal that many hit points. The horn is slowly corrupting you into a demon yourself the more you use it.

Is this character not using Charisma? My first thought is to give him an instrument that changes his bard abilities to function based on Intelligence. The instrument is made of solid bronze and cannot play good-sounding music at all.

Checks several boxes, including bling, *teleports behind u* and makes the enemies say "Woah, h-he's fast!"

chuckled

Lawful evil drow noble. A young brat who sold his soul to a chaotic evil devil in exchange for power (tome warlock) to prove himself. Spoiled and complains often about the surface not being as good as the underdark ("No maggots? And this bread isn't even mouldy!"). Focuses on manipulation/control magic to get his way.

> a chaotic evil devil
That's a new one.

He does but I intentionally put his score low. INT and WIS are his highest.

New UA when?

Are hyped?

Do you think it will be shit?

Will it be sorcs + locks ?

The character finds her father's weapon of choice, quickly discarded before his arrest in the hopes he or you could recover it. The weapon has keys dangling from its pommel/grip that act as a set of thieves' tools. You have advantage on checks made with thieves' tools, and you become proficient in Initiative rolls. Occasionally you get thoughts of paranoia, concern, despair, fear, and rarely hope that you can tell do not originate from you. Father's emotions toward daughter are coming through a link with the weapon, offering some help and supernatural awareness

Your daggers grant you the Dual Wielder feat and deal 1d8 damage. You can use a bonus action to gain advantage on Stealth checks, and you add Invisibility and Greater Invisibility to your oath spell list.

I hope you appreciate the irony in the patron/god giving you an item that screws him over. The RP with him hints the item works against him too.

>no numbers on the survey
>survey indicates games actually go to level 10 and 11
>implying that fighters can outdamage a Moon Druid at level 4
>muh resources

I don't know why I'd be mad that fighters are shitty. They've always been shitty. I feel bad that you use them. And that you don't even use PAM.

Err, I fucked up the classification.

OP as fuck garbage +1

Hey I heard you wanted to play a mastermind except better in every concievable way

I didn't even have to get past the level 2 features

Also

>anime image

Im sorry youre so bad at 5e. Im not going to waste my time teaching you basic math and core game concepts so have fun with your shitty flawed view of the game balance

A holy symbol matching your deity of choice if you choose one, or if you go with the concept of death, the symbol is a withered flower dangling opposite the head of an execution's axe incribed on a circular medallion.

Your undead minions make attacks with your spell attack modifier if it is better than their own attack modifiers, and they add your Wisdom to their damage.

No appreciation for the Paranoia Agent reference?

>magic item that makes out-of-control undead even more dangerous.
I laughed out loud. Thank you.

>all damage charts show Paladins outclass fighters
>all damage charts show that PAM+GWM outclasses GWM
>you insist fighters and GWM are better
>other people are bad at math

lel

>he still thinks im talking about GWM
>he doesnt know what the highest no-resources DPR build is

LMAO

I can never take someone who doesn't use apostrophes seriously, regardless of the validity of any statement they might be trying to make.

But seriously, fighters are trash. They will always suffer from the same problem in every edition. The only way they compete in 5E is by breaking action economy, which is retarded and still doesn't make them T1.

I'm new to dming
So I'll take any help I can get managing a player. I don't know how to deal with edgelords yet
He's a CN tiefling who never knew his family, only cares about power/wealth.
He's lvl 13 deal classing warlock/storm sorcerer, splits his character between Cg and CE based on a dice roll each day.
Spaghetti around women.
He's the only PC I have an issue w BC he complains all the time
His pact demon is lolth

>Morgan
>Tip the scales
I am both lawling and wanting to play it as an FE fan myself.

Archery fighter with sharpshooter and crossbow expert?

>m-my build is the best because I'm taking into account the 6 "guaranteed" encounters per day
>your build is shit because it uses resources!

I've never seen anyone this mad about fighters since 3.5.

>a handful of very specific min maxed builds do a tiny bit more average damage than fighter, so its TOTALLY TRASH

A robe magically-lined with underdark soil that rubs off on the character's skin but never seems to diminish the integrity of the soil lining. When you cast an enchantment spell, you may choose one extra target for it. The robe is cursed, and you cannot gain from a rest above-ground unless you cover yourself in dirt for the duration.

Oathbreaker Paladin with PAM+GWM.

Yeah, that was my thought. I figured you wanted to be a walking disaster, so I amplified it.

Were talking about the levels that regular people actually play in, which is 6ish

A chaotic good human necromatic wizard who wishes to replace slave labor with undead labor and vows never to use undead for violent purposes.

Considering that these builds have more options and versatility than a fighter while fulfilling the same role and purpose? Yes.

Why would I play "DPR without options" when I can play "DPR with options"? The rich roleplaying flavor available to me by a guy who is good at swinging a polearm?

similar to Half-orc paladin of vengeance. Former highwayman, got brought off the path of evil by a kindly druid and cemented there when undead killed said druid. GWM and maul, a mace of Arawai

ua where?

>being this uncreative and bad at the game

Regular people don't post on Veeky Forums, or optimize their games.

Why do I care how they play their terrible dumpheaps that can't compete with the Moon Druid turning into an Ape?

A magical foreman's hat. Each undead you create has as many skill proficiencies as you do.