sgiz.mobi/s3/9c17dda91a1d

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b
mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>5etools
5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

Previous thread: >51474369

When's the last time you fought a monster from mythology, like a manticore or a chimera?

Other urls found in this thread:

homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/BJOJKxsDg
homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/BJQz5q7nve
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Repost from Last Thread,

Whats the best non-magical solution to a theft alarm on a PC's belt pouch? I'm looking for a way to entice my party's rogue into stealing my coins, but I don't want him to get away with it.

Venomous Snake in the coin pouch.

Thanks m8 haha

>When's the last time you fought a monster from mythology, like a manticore or a chimera?
Last session

Fucking Werewolves.

>tfw you have Lycanthropy and no one in your party can cure it

>tfw my barbarian legit just grappled the werewolf into victory

Was odd.

Moving on up with races; Njucto just about done (may alter movespeed minimum to 5 feet when occupied), but now I have a Hobgoblin refluff on display.

homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/BJOJKxsDg
homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/BJQz5q7nve

What animals are valid (outside of the listed ones) for the Revised Ranger's animal companion?

Pay a wizard to cast Glyph of Warding (Explosive Runes) on a piece of paper.

Set the spell to trigger when the person holding the paper looks at the runes.

Wrap the paper around your currency in your wallet, and only ever retrieve your money with your eyes closed.

A bugbear player of mine is playing a revised ranger, using a worg as his animal companion.

It has the CR of a brown bear and nothing too obscene besides a save vs. prone and the ability to speak goblin. So far, it's played alright.

Depends on weather or not you can gargle one or both of your DM's balls at the same time

Very nice haha, that sounds like a setup for a comical situation.

I'm new to the whole D&D thing, is there a setting similar to Warhammer Fantasy?
Looking over the core books I really miss my guns, daemons, beastmen, mutated norsemen, skaven and renaissance pikemen with slashed uniforms. It's all looking a little too bright and shiny for me.

We aren't the place for you.

A few months back we took on a pair of Hydras that were ruining shipping for this small town we wanted as allies. Of course nobody KNEW there two and we lost our boat midbattle but at least we were prepared with Water Walking before the battle started (Bless you Tomelocks)

You could either homebrew something or use the actual Warhammer Fantasy rpg from Fantasy Flight

Don't listen to this asshole .

The great thing about 5e is that it's modular, and you can adapt it to any setting. Warhammer Fantasy itself would slot in nicely, with only some very minor modifications.

So I want to make a spooky warlock character that focuses on out of combat utility. I was thinking about forgoing eldritch blast in favor of Chill Touch and then making my invocations illusion based for extra at-will sneakiness. My groups avoid combat when they can, so making a character that is more focused on OoC abilities seems like a better fit. Do you think a warlock without eldritch blast is still able to contribute?

Some months ago there was a /5eg/ user that was violating Greyhawk by shoving in firearms and chaos magic into the setting. Might be what you're looking for.

I run a setting of my own inspired by Warhammer among other things - everything in your list (guns, demons, beastmen, crazy vikings, ratmen, etc) was brought into my setting with very little work on my part. its easy to adapt 5e to whatever you need

So I'm making some new Chainlock familiars as I write this. Which of the following is the correct option:

A) Balance them off of existing Chainlock familiars, making them exactly as useful.

or

B) Balance them off of the utility of Tome pact, giving them fringe benefits equivalent of a fluff cantrip (think Thaumaturgy)

Is mage slayer worth taking?

OoC, sure. In combat, that's like asking if your fighter who only uses a club is very useful.

>Do you think a warlock without eldritch blast is still able to contribute?

Yes, just less.

I recommend getting EB anyway just to keep your damage progression solid. There's nothing inherently sneakier about Chill Touch than EB, anyhow.

If your dm loves throwing spellcasters at you yes, otherwise too situational.

Is it totally homebrew or did you do a mashup? Are you perhaps the dude is talking about?

My DM constantly tries to shoehorn in wh40k shut into his game.
>you find yourselves surrounded
>pulls out huge suitcase of wh40k minis
>no these daemons aren't placeholders, you're fighting them
>resist everything but future weapons
>you guys should have thought about that
>don't you know anything about them from 40k?
>nobody at the table plays that shot
>DM kills the party
>wonders why none of us want to play his campaigns

You'll be fine

Alignment question (I hear you groan, but I gotta know to get the character approved)
Is a tyrant who believes in subjugating the world for its own good Lawful Good or Lawful Evil?

Lawful evil.

Your DM sounds incompetent, no offense

Lawful Neutral :^)

Off topic, but I've been playing Vermintide on Steam and this has been really bugging me:

Is there any adequate in-universe reason why Skaven have the best gun technology in Warhammer, with the Ratling gun? Or is the explanation just that someone really likes puns?

Did you just misspell shit twice in one post different ways both times?

That's pretty well the standard definition of lawful evil. If they're going on a full conquest of the world to bring order and law to it, that's lawful evil.

I am not that dude, and for the most part it's homebrew

Thanks
I like the outsider approach, but i'll have to go with the majority rule.

Is Staff of the Woodlands a gamebreaker?

The ability to cast Awaken without components once a day seems like a bad call on the long term

first of all skaven do not have the best gun tech, dwarf guns shit on anything a skaven can make

that being said, one of the four major skaven clans (Skyre) is dedicated to creating magical technology as their main expertise - the globardiers are also clan skyre creations, and there's tons of even crazier stuff on the tabletop that dwarfs anything in Vermintide

A savvy DM might rule that the staff can only have one awakened plant charmed at a time, so no raising a plant army

See DMG p. 141, it still takes the normal casting time of the spell. So it takes a while to create your Treant army.

It's warp magic, they ain't gotta explain shit.

Clan Skryre is full of ingenious engineers that use warpstone to "improve" just about every invention the grubby man-things come up with. Firearms are no exception and warplock guns are the result of some ratman snorting a bit too much powdered warpstone and creating new inventions with liberal applications of warpstone-laden iron and regular materials.

As said, though, Dwarves have by far the most advanced "regular" technology in the setting. They even have flying machines operating completely without any kind of magical assistance.

Evil - selfish reasons
Good - selfless reasons
neutral - kinda inbetween, grey area

I've always read Neutral as "self doesn't matter in the face of the ideal."

For CN, that becomes "FREEDOM." For LN, it's "I AM THE LAW."

And TN is just wanting to sit at home, in peace, to watch some goddamn Netflix for once.

Well, he's trying to do it because he believes the only way for the world's problems to be solved and for peace to transpire is to conquer the world and disarm them by force.

He's pretty relaxed with what he allows, but I was mostly thinking things that follow the guideline presented in the UA.

Gonna repost this idea from last thread since it got lost in the shuffle:

I want to do away with my party constantly making Perception checks to look for traps. I'm thinking of just giving each trap a Stealth score based on how well it's hidden, and making an opposed Stealth roll vs. the PC's Passive Perception when they come near it. If they are clued in to where the trap might be hidden (like a trap hidden in a statue and the party says they're examining statues), the trap gets Disadvantage.

Good Idea/Bad Idea?

We don't have a ua this week don't we? So what do you think it will be sorcerer or mystic?

Lawful neutral be more the guy who works for the conqueror.

Shameless bump.

So, neutral in this instance would be someone who works for someone else's ideal but doesn't care really whether it's right or wrong?

Cuts down on rolling without actually affecting the balance. Sounds fine.

Glyph of Warding can't be moved.

The traps arent sentient are they? So why should they roll dice? Better stay with the classic approach and dont overdo it with the amount of traps.

Well then you probably have quite a few options. It might be better to browse through a list beasts and pick two or three that you like, and then worry about molding them in to the beastmaster guidelines later. If your DM has any kind of sense they'll let you tweak a stat block until it falls in line better. Don't worry about sticking to every single rule either, there are some official PHB beasts that don't meet every single UA Beastmaster recommendation.

Is there a new UA today?

"You decide what triggers the glyph when you cast the spell. For glyphs inscribed on a surface, the most typical triggers include touching or standing on the glyph, removing another object covering the glyph, approaching within a certain distance of the glyph, or manipulating the object on which the glyph is inscribed. For glyphs inscribed within an object, the most common triggers include opening that object, approaching within a certain distance of the object, or seeing or reading the glyph. Once a glyph is triggered, this spell ends."

Can't be moved on a surface. Can be moved if it's on an object. Such as paper.

here again.
Thanks for the answers. I am mostly looking at D&D 5e because it's fucking impossible to find a group for WFRP 2e (and I like the 5e rules, for the most part).

For those that have set their games in The Old World, what were the major challenges and hurdles?

To me, it seems that one would need to use some of the variants in the dungeon master's guide (slow healing, gritty realism, lasting wounds), and any modules used would have to be re-balanced accordingly.
Some of the existing classes and archetypes would have to be refluffed or changed; Wizard archetypes perhaps molded into the different colleges.

At that point, it could probably be neutral, but you have to ask other things like 'Does the end justify the means?' and then saying 'I'm willing to sacrifice almost everything for my ideal world' would be selfish, evil, because they refuse to take into account what everybody else wants, even if they personally want peace.

It's totally possible to have evil guys who want peace and good guys who want war conflicting in the same world.

Nope. Wizards apparently can't shit out a couple of pages of untested homebrew a week because... I seriously don't know.

that makes sense. lawful evil it is then.

Don't hide the majority of your traps then.
Seriously, instead of "you're walking along and MAKE A DEX SAVE MOTHERFUCKER" it should just be "you're walking along when suddenly you notice a massive blood smear across the floor along with scattered pieces of rusted armor and broken weapons."
The party will know it's a trap but instead of "I hope I roll well" it becomes "what is it and how the fuck do we get around whatever this thing does?"

Honestly depends. If the 'world' in this setting is just tribal zones of rapists and local warlords, taking over and introducing law may very well be LG. If it's people perfectly minding their own business and shit, probably LE (even if he's right).

Reminder that Cao Cao was always viewed as a bad guy for forcibly unifying China, even though he was right.

They really didn't try very hard with this world map did they?

Because I'm sick of my party all rolling Perception to look for traps every single time they enter a room. They treat everything like it's Tomb of Horrors, and I don't even really use traps.

They're new players, so I guess they've learned from memes that the DM is there to kill them horribly.

Try Ravenloft.

>that'sthejoke.png

>sick of my party all rolling Perception

So ask for Investigation checks, like the PHB says. :^)

What happened to the new UA for Sorcerers that was supposed to drop today?

Anybody done a 1-on-1 campaign?

I've had one in mind for a while, and people say they can work well because you're able to tailor every situation to just that one player. Any advice or weird things to look out for?

So you don't have a list?

I definitely telegraph most of my traps. I don't really know why they're like this.

Then your plan wont work. The moment their passive perception gets lower than your trap stealth roll they will start rolling for perception everytime all over again.

Vermintide guy here. At the risk of turning this into WHFRP general, I've got one more question.

So it's commonly acknowledged that WHF and WH40k exist in the same universe. Since Holy Terra is obviously Earth, is there a canon explanation for why looks so similar to Earth?

Or is it a "just because, now shut up and stop thinking so hard about fun" sort of thing?

So I was running D&D the other day and the wizard cast Fireball on a bunch of dudes. A few of them made their DEX saves, a few didn't.

But then I realized: the spell description for fireball is an immense ball of fire that expands to include the area, right? So the people rolling DEX saves aren't exactly dodging it. So the hell is it a DEX save, then?

It's really bothering me. What's worse is that I can't figure out what kind of save it ought to be, but removing the save entirely would just be ridiculous.

Delayed for another week. were you not here at all in the last week?

Don't make it magical realm-y because that gets very awkward very quickly.

Make telepathic traps that trigger from attempting to perceive them. They'll stop rolling to find traps after a few mind rapes.

A dex save is spinning your arms fast enough to tornado the fire away from yourself.

There is no complete list.
Since it's UA it is ultimately up to DM fiat on weather or not a beast is an acceptable ranger companion.

>if the object is moved more than 10 feet from where you cast this spell, the glyph is broken and the spell ends without being triggered.

the Dex save is to dodge the explosion by taking it completely in the face as opposed to risking getting hit in the chest

Allright, this time again. Shapeshifter has too many once per rest features, but otherwise I think it's pretty manageable. Would need actual playtesting to know whether it's just straight up garbage though.

I just really need some pictures, but I don't want to be a douche to artists, so I probably gotta send some pleas for it.

Changelog
>Finally got some fluff, probably just garbage text though
>Eyestalks now use a custom table, easily accessible and nerfable
>Spell motes are restored at each short rest instead of long rest, reduced the overall amount of spell motes while leveling up
>Spell Deflection has been discarded as being too specialized, instead Conduit Overcharge was added as a more general skill, that gives the archetype some very powerful flavor

I don't even know how long it has been since last update, so some more details:
>Wild Magic users have a chance to misfire now, and the misfire scales with the spell's level and causes psychic damage
>Controlled Chaos now turns one Misfire into a Wild Magic Surge. A really powerful feature if used right.

Any ideas for a cute ribbon for shapeshifters' 6th level feature?

I'm going to ban them from making blanket Perception rolls to check a room top-to-bottom from traps. I'll tell them that from now on, I'm assuming they're going to do that with every room unless they say otherwise. That will be abstracted with the opposed roll (if the trap rolls higher than them, then they overlooked it).

Ball o' fire that hits the ground and splashes out everywhere. Classically interpeted as dodging the splash but taking the ground flame at your feet.

Best to ask your players what they think, because you take gameplay away from them. If they enjoy the rolling, leave it in. Otherwise you can do it like you said.

There are far more bizarre mechanics than half damage fireball reflex saves. You're like a monkey who notices his car makes a funny sound so you decide to pull out a random cable under the hood.

Don't muck with it.

You might want to take a look at Lamentations of the Flame Princess. It's a D&D clone set in renaissance Europe, with firearms and gritty death, and the basic rules are free. Easy to port over things to 5e.

Wanting to run that Monster Hunter rules conversion with a couple of people and I'm wondering how to stat out the monsters. Is the user that made the conversion here to talk about how to do it because I'm interested in learning what their thought process on it is. I already know how I want to run carves (1d100 drop tables, roll three times and get what you roll plus a few extra rolls for the post-hunt 'the guild lets you have ___' stuff.) but statting out the monsters is proving to be a little bit of a doozy.

It might just be old habits they learned from other DMs/games.

If you want to be a bit of a dick you can throw a false positive at them:

>Perception roll
>It's trapped, you're sure of it
>I disarm the trap
>High roll: Oh, actually it was just an intricate latch, everything is fine
>Low roll: You don't understand how this trap works, most of the mechanism seems to be well concealed
>I open it anyway
>Nothing happened, seems like it was just an intricate latch

It won't change their behavior but it might spice up an endless string of
>I check for traps
>It's a chair. Its not fucking trapped.

Hiding behind your shield/arm/party member/medium sized rock/quickly dunking a bucket of water on yourself to put out the flames/repelling the blast through sheer force of anger/etc

Thoughts on this homebrew?

I didn't muck with it at all, so calling me a monkey is rather rude when all I've done is peeked under the hood and scratching my head. In any case, this IS a TRPG, so I don't think it's unreasonable for the GM to think of ways it could be houseruled to be better. Even if I were thinking of changing it, taking away one saving throw from one of the most essential stats in the game is hardly going to cause some kind of disaster.
>There are far more bizarre mechanics than half damage fireball reflex saves.
Such as?

>repelling the blast through sheer force of anger
I think that's charisma. But I guess the ducking behind shields and things work.

I was not. Life has been fucky

Yeah. The LN guy be working for his lord and pushing his will and law. Just doing his job.

Oh yeah, one very important change.

>Savants are now a full caster class that can't get proficiency for arcana

Why? Read the shitty fluff. It says that to them magic is something they understand so subconsciously it's in the same level as breathing. There's "nothing to understand".

Overall feels kind of boring. There's nothing that feels particularly "occult" about this, and the abilities don't do anything to reinforce flavor.

When I think "Occult," I think blood rites, wicker men, and BEEEEEEES. This option has none of those.