Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Nobody will make a new thread edition

Old thread which was so good nobody wanted to leave >THIS IS THE ROSTER CREATOR, WE LOVE POINTING IT OUT SO PLEASE ASK FOR IT!
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit but it'll read 3s.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQs and errata
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Rubricae beware, we've been given a wraithvacuum wraithcleaner by our Craftworld friends in preparation for GS2)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gk2a3w7G9Qk
peta.org.uk/blog/peta-warhammer-fur-free/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for slaanesh

+1 initiative

So, if space wolves wearing fur is a no go, what about salamanders wearing scales?

2nd for Orks will never get better

It's fine.

PETA hates scalies.

What about dark eldar wearing human flesh?

How kitbashed are they? I think it looks really cool, but I don't know what parts went into them.

Bro I came into some old fantasy delves and lizardmen the other day and the fact they came in a set that a husband/wife played together made me think of their conflicts all basically boiling down to

>BIIIIIIITCH STOP WEARING MY GRANDMAAAAAA

>FW GK Dread chassis
>FW Autocannons
>Chaos vehicle sprue spikes
>Dreadknight shields

Are incubi a must have for a Dark Eldar army? What can I do to increase their survivability?

Also BA librarian dread front piece
Someone from /hhg/ got white dwarf early and took some photos of the white dwarf and what it means for eldar

No
A Venom

So Doombreed is meant to be a genocidal warlord from some time between 1AD and 2999AD
Assuming he isn't from our future, who is he most likely to have been?

Why do necron warriors come with 12 if transport has 10 and most people run 10 anyways

Genghis Khan

Is it explained what this armour is genestealer cultists wear? Is it custom made tyranid themed armour or is it some imperial workmans armour?

I want to use a couple of boxes for them for cultist converting, it be be nice to know if their uniform was imperial workforce themed.

It's Imperial miner gear.

Aegis def line quad guns are best for rifleman dred conversions.

Dude, they're miners. It's literally just mining gear and safety outfits.

Atilla the hun or gengis khan, although civ5 treated them the same so maybe it's 2 gods in one for that reference to the holy trinity
Because then you'd have to redo the spruce, same reason chaos warriors were weird numbers

FUCKING OSHA TRAMPLING OVER WORKER FREEDOM WITH THEIR GODDAMN FUCKING "SAFETY" GEAR

>FW GK Dread chassis

lol no, that's just a BA librarian dread with a GK helmet in it.

Sweet.

I contemplated if there was a way to convert cultists to such a degree I could use them universally for a Renegades & Heretics and Genestealer Cult. Remove major iconography here and there, swap out banner models or themed troops when needed etc. Came to realise the heads are a bit too jarring though. On the plus I have a old Cadian army I have never used, going to swap the heads for these guys instead.

>tfw GK don'f actually get Librarian dreads
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESES PUFFS, REESES PUFFS! EAT 'EM UP, EAT 'EM UP, EAT 'EM UP!

10/10 i keked

Remove the genestealer cult Icons and heads like that one in the back left, the other models look similar enough to chaos anyway, just have to replace those very obvious genestealery looking ones

Feedback appreciated.

What's the best melee cheap melee unit for Dark Eldar? Incubi are apparently too expensive for what they bring to the table, so I'm looking for other options.

im trying to figure out why some look like they went full nid while others don't

Do we know the disposition of Beil-Tan's armies and fleets now that their Craftworld has been shattered?

Likewise, do we know where the Swordwind was when it happened?

Not shitposting, just hear me out.

Basic nobs are shit. Everyone knows this. 18 points for a unit that barely does better in close combat than Marines and is annihilated in any shooting.

HOWEVER, slap some 'eavy armour on them and they're actually become a decent melee unit. For just 4 points per model they cut wounds from most basic infantry weapons in half. You will statistically win if a full Nob squad is charged by a full Tactical squad (something that they'd lose before). Your squad will become stable enough to equip with special weapons.

I'm not saying they're great, but my hypothesis is that they actually become functional. Thoughts?

Talos are really fuggin price efficient

Hmm maybe if you click on that thread linked abit above that had white dwarf scans you'd see the truth

>Thoughts?

Ork Nob units should have 'eavy armor base, like Flashgitz and Nobz. Makes no sense that they dont.

Theres tons of inconsistencies like that in the Ork codex and it brings the whole shit down.

So 22 points for a unit that may be maybe just a little better than tacticals? Doesn't seem goof to me.

according to the leak they were doing a trial for Eldrad when the new god showed up then a lost craftworld stopped by as well

no idea on how they're fairing now

orks are a very underpowered book that needs a lot of help

>like Flashgitz
oh my sweet summer child

G R O T E S Q U E S

These are my babies. Converted from fantasy Ogres and my leftover bits from 2 Cronos/Talos kits for my Dark Artisan. So many damn attacks with Flesh Gauntlets that cause ID on 6's.

Buying Eavy Armour is practically mandatory but a 4+ save doesn't mean shit against most melee squads that cost 22-27ppm (because you would at least bring big choppas). Grey Knights will royally wreck their shit and they aren't amazing at combat themselves, blood angels charging will probably wreck their shit or at least force a Ld check, lychguard will butcher them, khorne marines will butcher them with ap4, Bullygryns will smush them into a fine paste, fuck even psychic/priest/commisar buffed guard will probably put some hurt on them. Nobz are absolute tripe compared to Meganobz, which are semi-tripe compared to equivalent squads from other races.

>Space Wolves now have to tone down the wolfy wolf wolfishness
B A S E D P E T A
A
S
E
D

What are some AdMech naming conventions for Forge Worlds and Tech-Priests/Magi?

Want to come up with some fluff for my custom Forge World but have no idea where to start. Only thing I'd like to include is that they originate from a Metalica expedition force that later developed into an independent Forge World.

>Forge Worlds

Name of the planet, so whatever the fuck you want, pick an obscure god or something.

Here's a few names that would work for a Metalican Tech-Priest.

Dave Mustaine

James Hetfield

Lars Ulrich

Kirk Hammett

Cliff Burton

Do Plague Marines become Plaguebearers when they die?

If the tacticals charge them, then that's 2.5 wounds to the Nobz' 3.3. If the Nobz charge then the tacticals fo 1.25 wounds to the Nobz' 5.5. Even with 'eavy armour, Nobz NEED to be the ones charging.

However, what's gone unstated is that Nobz also have 20 wounds in the unit to the Tacticals' 10. This means that statistically, if the Nobs charge, then they won't lose a model at all. Unfortunately, combat works on wounds and not models, but they still become decent in my eyes.

The basic Nob should just be 13-14 points whilst 'eavy armour should cost 6 points or so.

they look great

how do heavy, slow units in dark eldar armies work anyway? do you need to use other units in support?

>Inb4 OC Donut Steal Legio Wylfyn

magnetise the heads
> win

you buy them raiders as dedicated transports.

The Grotesques can take Raiders as Dedicated Transports. So you load 3 in one and 3+ Haemonculus/Urien Rakarth in the other. Give them Aethersails and Nightshields and then BLAST up the field into the opponents face. If they pop the raider, they already did the job of delivering them, otherwise, jump out on turn 2 and proceed to rip the nearest target into shreds. I was able to keep a Daemon Prince of Khorne from the Infernal Tetrad in combat for 3 turns because I rolled +1 Toughness on these bad boys. And they have 3 wounds each...

To be honest, Nobz have always seemed like one of the Ork units that should be in the Troops section with a significant price drop.

mix of faux-latin and techical jargon usually works.

six nobs ina naut yay or nay?

Kek.

>Tech-Priest Genetor Iacomus Hetarvum

With a painboy they are at least functional if a little overpriced.

Nobs need stubborn and the option to take power weapons.

What do chaos guys store in these pouches?

Warp shekels?

Don't fall for the Nobz Inna Naut meme even ironically.

I would adjust it slightly by taking one less naut and six less nobz

Wait, why does the guy on the right have an Imperial Fist helmet?

Fairly sure they're stated to contain pocket dimensions that hold all the drop pods in the CSM armory

Baby skulls that are too small to fit on spikes.

Friendly reminder that Rhana Dandra will never happen, because of a myriad of reasons

>Slaanesh too big
>Ynnead too small
>Great Game is best game with 4 players
>Isha

I think it would also help if their bikes were 10 points cheaper. Do that and male heavy armor standard, and then let them buy power weapons.

Then just make it so mob rule isn't terrible for boosting leadership and they should be good.

Concentrated Warp Dust, used to counter the powerful Warp Crack savants of the Emperor sweep from beneath the Golden Throne to anoint their weaponry.

I do not relate to human. I like animals.

I've used mine to convert chaos cultists, they work great once you shave off the genestealer cult icons. Word of warming though, without remodelling some bodies some of them are seriously hunched over: it's probably worth modelling them cradling their rifles etc.

Pic related, sorry for the pic size I'm a filthy phoneposter.

chaos snacks

>Adorned with chaos demon head trophy

Corruption

Heresy

...how?

We can't have a thread without Tau being mentioned once and starting a shit fest. So my Ta'unar is nearly done and has a smashed up razorback and dead marines on the base because I plan to trigger as much IoM and Space Marine players as possible.

>they work great once you shave off the genestealer cult icons.
>pic doesn't have icons shaved off

Whata coincidence. My Razorback is modeled on a base with a broken Stormaurge to trigger marine players.

>without remodelling some bodies some of them are seriously hunched over
They're fucked up chaos-worshipping degenerates. I don't think it's really a problem.

>some of them are seriously hunched over
WE WILL BUILD IT FOR YOU

Yeah that's still WIP, was the only picture I had to hand. Only noticed after I'd posted it, was praying no-one would notice.

>watch BatReps on YouTube
>Cult Mechanicus vs Dark Angels
>Elimination Cohort + War Congregation + Oathsworn Detachment VS full Gladius with 4 free drop pods and 8 Rhinos/Razorbacks

This was just painful to watch and I felt sorry for the CultMech guy.

Having access to Objec Secured would definitely help them out.

A painboy does help, but is expensive and limited in suppy. It also does nothing to protect against instant death attacks, which will crush Nobs anyway.

Orks in general have a problem with Mob Rule and close combat weapons. For the latter, Big Choppas are barely decent on Nobs as the loss of an attack sometimes evens out the AP5 and +2S. Power Klaws are great but pricey. There's no middle ground.

On the plus side, Nobs are one of the few Ork units that can do a hidden Power Klaw, as the Boss Nob can just be vanilla.

>watching batreps on youtube
>both players are soft spoken
>turn up volume
>GETTING HURT ON THE JOB-

Those old metal Nob models were so good

link?

youtube.com/watch?v=Gk2a3w7G9Qk

They apparently were testing that point balance system out and show that it's also completely unbalanced.

Oh shit lads Peta went full retard.

peta.org.uk/blog/peta-warhammer-fur-free/

>1850 points
>1 hour 22 minutes
jesus fucking christ how

Old news, buddy.

Thank god you linked that it isnt like we dont already have 3 other threads on this subject

You're late to the party sempai.

What if they applied a rule to Nobz that bolstered the morale of other Ork squads (of single wound infantry and perhaps the Squiggoth) if they're near?

Like Boyz, Tank Bustas, Burnas, Lootas, Gretchin, etc all subtract "2" from all leadership, morale and pinning rolls when within 6-12" of a squad of Nobz?

Similar to how having a Deff Dread near a squad of Kans lessens the likely hood of their "Cowardly Grot" rolls.

Also the DA player is cheating, isn't he?
He needs 3 libbys for a command choice and 3 scout squads for an aux choice.
What an asshole

I detest watching most miniwargaming batreps because of this (among other reasons).

Hey dudes, have been building this as a fluffy list for a while, and playing against semi-fluffy opponents.

Was wondering if you have any pointers or, rather, things I could do to alleviate my obvious point sink?
(I have committed on the land raiders and crusaders and have them fully painted so I'm not backing down on them)

Hey if I'm just starting out in 40k should I buy a start collecting box, the kill team box, or separate unit boxes?

Just do a start collecting box. Thats what they exist for.

>Deep Striking Assault Termie Black Templars

It sounds nice and fun and I wanted to make it work myself but the only time I ever got use out of those Terminators was when I had them loaded in a Land Raider.

I was going to run them in my storm raven.

Am considering dropping them both just to add points to maybe get some predators or maybe a vindicator or two.

Is fielding an all cultist army worth it? If so, should I arm them with close combat weapons or autoguns? Or do they come with both?

As a Black Templars player, I personnaly like Vindicator because they're both fluffy and giving to your opponent an other target on which to shoot than your land raider.

Oh you're right on the money. Any unit dedicated to melee will probably fuck them up. Nobs exist in a halfway house, a niche role - like Vespid. With 'eavy armour and a Waagh! banner I'm confident that they'll chew up most basic units, but the tricky bit will be getting them to stay away from deadlier guys.

They are classics!

That could work. A sort of synapse-relay, but for Orks. Maybe they could also pass on a Warboss' Waaagh!

Read the Forgeworld Renegades and Heretics list from IA13. It's a full cultist army.

If you mean the CSM codex cultists, don't do it. Just use Astra Militarum instead.

So something more like this?