/CofD/ &/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous Thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A
>News
http//theonyxpath.com/now-available-night-horrors-conquering-heroes-heresies-in-print/
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/werewolf-there-wolf-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question
What is the best opening fiction piece? Which is the worst?

I wish the vampfags would just acknowledge this. 10 dot Disciplines are barely above planetary shenanigans. The Triat can eat whole worlds. Archmages can demolish entire galaxies.

Archmages take this. I'm sorry. Cain is strong, but not THAT strong.

Nobody cares anymore.

If the Wyrm can eat the whole world than clearly Cain is inferior to the Wyrm since Cain is part of the world. Black Spiral Dancers win again

I really like Rum is the Drink the Dead Like Best from Geist 1e. I guess the Beast's opening story would be my least favorite, but that one isn't bad or anything, just kind of weak.

>Can the mage fans stop masturbating in the public threads. We know you love your power fantasies, but we'd like to keep the general free of sperg

somebody leak the Scion playtest

>The Triat can eat whole worlds

The Triat can't even get past werewolves who, as powerful as they are in low-level play, are completely outclassed in high-level play on every front. You'll forgive me if I stand unimpressed.

>Best
Probably the core NWoD book
>Worst
Father's Thrusting Cock, with a lot of beast fiction coming in at a close second.

Best is a match up between the 2e Triebooks for Children of Gaia comic and the Get of Fenris comic. One demonstrates how awesome Gaians can be even when all the other Garou are being backstabbing shitters, and the Get of Fenris one is American Get in WW2 killing Nazi Get. Reminded me of Inglorious Basterds.

I'm the guy who started the whole Mage supremacy shitposting

I'm so sorry guys, I didn't know it would get so bad it just was so entertaining making fun of MtAw players replying every post with a variation of "A Mage could also do this and better"

I didn't know it would get so out of hand

Actually, the Weaver has basically already won thanks to the Technocracy and Vampires, and being what she is that means she doesn't actually do anything because lol stasis.

The Wyrm has been trapped by the Weaver this entire time and that's why its a slow descent into hell instead of him raping everything right away like he wants to.

And the Wyld has been shoved out by both and relegated to obscurity.

Unsurprisingly, they all keep each other in check, even when they're tainted and working improperly.

>The Triat can't even get past werewolves
lol no

I thought it was more that the Weaver fucked with the Wyrm to make him go into overdrive and if it wasn't for them everything would be a-okay

>And the Wyld has been shoved out by both and relegated to obscurity.
This is why my next werewolf character is going to use spirit enhanced explosives to take out Pentex and reclaim tainted land.
#BlowItUpAndBuyItOut
#MakeWyldGreatAgain

>
I liked the piece in the Devil-Tiger Dharma book
>
Beast, hands down.

Everything would be okay if the Weaver didn't go insane. The Weaver is the root cause of the Wyrm's madness. But at the same time her prison has also been what has kept the Destroyer Wyrm from running wild all over Earth and the rest of the cosmology.

And finally, no one cares about the Wyld.

If it stayed within CofD it would of died in a week but the oWoD autistics got involved and well...

>no one cares about the Wyld.
The Ratkin do! Or at least its driven them mad.
The Black Furies at least pay lip service to it, in practice they just break shit and spread the wyrm (destruction) and the other things they claim to hate.

I'm curious, are there any "werewolves" that cannot assume a human form at all? I know about some weres being obviously inhuman even when they shift to, uh, being human, like retaining sharkskin and teeth and a distinct animal smell.

Hey now lets not play the blame game.

Almost every single Tribe has been guilty of spreading the Wyrm at some point or another.

No but Metis and Lupus often do not care for their Homid form.

If mages are so strong why can't any of them spare 5 minutes to help the werewolves out? I mean I know there's the whole own universe thing but you would think some of them would still have connections to the actual world and wouldn't want it to be turned into an atomic wasteland

But most of them don't pretend to be Wyld focused. I'd argue the Furies fall the shortest of their stated goals and ideals of any tribe.

Help them, like kill more fera?

The mages believe winning the war for Reality is a more effective use of time then changing reality on an individual basis. And they are likely correct in this assumption, why clean an Oil spill when you can just make pollution not a real danger to the environment?

I was the one saying Tremere was a retard who gave up Ultimate Power for gutter magic. Fuck, it's been how many days now? Has it been nonstop mage supremacy since?

The Black Furies are a mess of unfocused themes besides 'STRONK WOMYN but we aren't actually man haters (EXCEPT WE ARE!)'

>Stonk Womyn
Sadly you can't be very 'strong' if you fail at everything you set out to do.

Gave up ultimate power for gutter magic and being the patsy of Saulot, let's not mince words with how stupid old Tremere was.

At least hes immortal? Shame about that whole end of the world thing

So I understand that changelings can feed off of emotions, but what emotion that is is determined by their court.

Can a changeling cause their emotion (like an Autumn Courtier scaring some random guy and then feeding off of his fear)? Or is that a sign of like.... a bad/corrupt court?

What's better, 1st or 2nd Edition Awakening?

Also, is there a collection of converted legacies anywhere?

They can feed on all emotions, they get more glamour from their court's emotions. And yes they can inspire the emotion, that's the point.

Yes. Maybe.

>Causing Emotion to feed
This is pretty much how most Changelings appear to go about it, you can go to funerals and not push things yourself, but it seems inefficient and impractical when you can illicit shallower emotions with basic actions for just as much Glamour.

and they are one of the most chaotic, internally divided tribes and believe that this is good because it honors the Wyld.
And they believe that God is the Patriarchâ„¢, who oppresses womynz through Men.
They read like a parody to feminism in general.

1e has more lore, 2e has mechanics I prefer.
Subtle/Vulgar can suck a dick. Mind Mages got the easiest fucking time, while Forces has to choke on Paradox every time they wanted to so much as blow their nose.

Also no, limited converted legacies exist, most are garbage, and can be found on the Onyx Path forums.

Mechanically 2e does a lot to curtail some of the more egregious system abuses (e.g. extended castings).

No conversions yet. But they're family simple to do yourself and you'll probably get an extra two attainments for your trouble.

>At least hes immortal?

In possibly the worst possible way, since Beckett's Jyhad Diary (and other previous books) heavily implies that Saulot *planned* to get diablerised by Tremere in a massive Xanatos gambit.

If Saulot *is* one of the biggest assholes in existence who's only *pretended* to be a nice guy, then you probably do *not* want to spend even a minute sharing a body with him, much less several centuries or possibly all of time.

Yeah Tremere was just a fuck up, huh?

And he was so smart to chose exactly the Clan whose Founder is present in their blood and can possibly control them. Truly a genius.

They're probably the worst Tribe after Fianna and Red Talons, yeah. At least the Talons can serve a purpose and the Fianna are amusing sometimes.

Also can Changeling's change their Mantle or Mein? Like change how they express Summer or what features they take on from their Seeming?

There's two contracts for just that

>Yeah Tremere was just a fuck up, huh?

Tremere are maybe my favourite clan of them all... but Tremere himself was probably not the brightest bulb in the box, no.

Who here >Ajaba Master Race

Kindly reminder, kill all Simba!

Black Tooth did nothing wrong
#MakeAfricaGreatAgain

Is it against their Litany (or whatever they have) to take the werehyena girl pseudo-dick up their bums?

Considering that all of their Metis are dickgirls by default? no.

The Yava, and its less a Litany and more a magical weakness they can't contest so all of the Bastet keep theirs a closely guarded secret.

Black Tooth found out what the Ajaba one was and slaughtered them.

user lets not spread misinformation. The Metis either change genders, or are hermaphrodites.

So that would make the change a temporary thing?

They are very accepting of their Metis, especially now that they're dying out. So I guess if you want to take hyena girldick its canon.

Honestly the werewolf African setting is one of the best.

The changeling has no actual control over such things, the player is free to amplify or change mantle as either the merit or their wyrd goes up, evolving new Kiths or shedding old ones could also easily justify a change in mantle. But the only direct action the character can take are temporary contracts.

The Ahadi are pretty cool. North Africa, around the Horn, South Africa, all good places to run stuff.

Certainly a lot better than the Beast Courts and those annoying Kitsune.

I've only played Hengeyokai but I had a great deal of fun doing that. More when everyone involved actually took the time to study up on little social things, idioms and outlooks people have in Japan, Taiwan, and so on have.

Oh like the yifffags matter. They're the idiot child mascot for dumb weeaboos who want to be a foxgirl or the worst kind of furry.

I've only seen one person play a Kitsune and the character was a scrappy brawler who looked like shit.

Still reading about them for the first time was such a disappointment.
Between the beginning snowflake to those annoying twin courtiers and the Man Speaking wild fox I can't decide who was worse. I was just expecting something a lot better than what was presented.

They're so special they even get a special Auspice that is so super secret awesome they didn't even print it.

Didn't nTremere do what the oTremere tried to do but without massively fucking up and turning into vamps?

I don't recall off hand but they did as a whole get enslaved to the founder of Theban Sorcery, Theban. I think it was for a few centuries at least.

Sort of? Word of Dave over on the official forums is that they were once an official order within the Diamond in fact many Diamond traditions are Tremere in origin. Things were going great until the other orders figured out what they were doing in private.

>calling kistune yiffags when posting a picture like that

I was meaning more along the lines of being immortal and not downgrading to leeches

Dave has some cool plans in store for the Tremere. They're a Legacy no longer.

After their treatment in Left Hand Path I expect good things.

Awakening Tremere only make sense in 2nd edition, since Steal Lifespan no longer exists.

Seriously, you want immortality, go become a Death Master and lifedrain pedophiles or something. This is World of Darkness, you're not going to run out of terrible people this side of Ascension.

Originally? Maybe.
They were allegedly Mages who'd been fed on by Vampires, who were then annihilated by the Supernal in their blood and yada yada yada stupid bullshit.

The Left-Handed Path book offered a different interpretation of them however, which I find a lot more attractive. Basically it's a crazy conspiracy theory about the existence of a 6th and 7th Dragon (Path), evidenced by the fragmentation of the elements of the soul between the 5 paths, despite even combined them not beign able to form one with the practice of Making.
They're crazy motherfuckers, who without a soul can Paradoxically still cast Magic while subsisting on the Souls of others.

They're not really that connected to Vampirism other than a bit in their backstory where a singular vampire (Theban) broke the mutually exclusive rule for the Kindred Curse and Awakened Magic. Then were freed when they chased one of the Bound under his orders, to the edge of the Abyss, and saw the Final Watchtower which sang their names.

Basically they're a fuckep up soul eating religion which may just be a crock of shit.
But who the fuck are you to question them Apprentice? Do you want your Lichdom to be undone?

Tremere Liches are going to be an altered template with their "Houses" as their Legacies. This intrigues me greatly.

Regardless I'm sure we can all agree we need mage books to come out faster

Mage is spoiled for choice when it comes to antagonists. Seers of the Throne, Bainshers, Scelesti, Tremere, Reapers, Liches, and so much more.

I love it.

I wonder what other Arcanum a Mage could use to effectively become immortal, without the need for Death. This would more than likely require a Legacy so they don't get dispelled to their doom.

Life or time would probably good candidates

I really hope the Timori make a real comeback too, they were my favorite antagonists from 1e.

The Timori use Prime Attainments to eat magic for their immortality!

and yet all of them are boring

A Legacy that steals organic matter from younger, healthier morsels. No need to transfer your mind or soul. Might as well call them the Tzimisce. We already got the Tremere, right?

Time can't do it, and that's canon.
You need something which changes the nature of your own biological mortality, e.g. Life.
Assume a form which is biologically immortal, either requiring you to find such a thing in the wild, design it yourself, or combine with Matter to become a "living" Golem.

Allegedly there are going to be rules for Legacy Attainments which require multiple Arcana.
So really just make your own Legacy as a Matter Thyrsus or Life Moros, and make the 4th Attainment a "transform yourself into a being constituted of inert Matter" spell, with Reach into Advanced duration. Then each Month at Matter/Life 4, and each year at Matter/Life 5, you've just got to perform your scene long ritual, and bam, "biologically" immorta.

You must not know the rules for Kitsune and their Crinos form then.

Are people regularly dying of old age in games? I don't see the point.

I think it's more interesting to findd out ways to become immortal without the need for Death or a transfer process. seems to have done so. You only need a Life Legacy of your own design to live forever as a "Tzimisce" stylized Mage.

I'd call them Harvesters, because it doesn't necessarily require their death.

Just taking all the nice, juicy, functional bits of their internal organs, and giving them your old decaying bits in exchange.

Mages live a couple decades longer than the average human due to their magic. They are still not spared from mortality, however.

>I don't see the point
Roleplaying, user.
You could also go the entire game eating the most horrible fucking food, washing the bare minimum amount, and taking the most mundane, pointless Aspirations possible to be a horrible Beat whore.
But where's the fucking fun in that?

PCs frequently have aspirations which are "pointless" in game terms.

A WIZARD STOLE MY KIDNEY!!!

If it's not important to you, than why deny it to those who like it and want it for their characters and antagonists?

True, but from a gameplay perspective if a game has gone on long enough the question isn't "how is age effecting them" it's "how are they planning ascension?"

It's even fucking funnier, because many would try and morally justify it to themselves by just stealing from vegetables.

I remember that Time could do it, but you'd be 'stuck' and unable to learn new things nor benefit from experience.

Yeah, Veil of Moments, page 188. With enough Reach, you can heal naturally, and regain Mana and Willpower. just have to turn it off to spend xp.

If I were a Tremere I'd infiltrate a hospital and steal souls from premature babies who weren't going to make it. Nobody is going to notice that those souls are gone and it isn't like the babies are going to miss them.

That won't get you much. Human souls don't give you much juice once you get old enough.

Any counsilia worth it's salt has someone posted at hospitals or nursing homes watching out for just that.

That would be one hysterical encounter, in all honesty.

Count me in for the timori and banishers in general, their old book leans way to heavily on the atlantis myth for the history section and really deserves another pass.

That's a lot of mages posted to watch people die impotently when they could be doing, say, literally anything else and who could simply be healing people or something more productive.

I'd cross that bridge once I got there.
You'd definitely want to scout out a hospital for that sort of thing first. Space or Time magic could be a big help since it would let you travel between small hospitals in remote areas where you're more likely to get away with it or travel back in time to when you know its safe and grab the soul moments before death.

Whoever gets that duty probably gets left alone and is highly vulnerable to Tremere.

Sleepwalkers and familiars exist for a reason. they're disposable

Classic hubris