Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Custom Races edition:

Show me your Wood Elves, Your Anttigers, and your Swordians

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

sites.google.com/site/pathfinderogc/classes/core-classes/sorcerer/bloodlines/bloodlines-from-3rd-party-publishers/jon-brazer-enterprises---bloodlines/faerie-dragon-bloodline
notavirus.org/hellasweetrips/botw.torrent.exe
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Those Elves are sexy and cute at the same time! How does that man do it?

Question for y'all: why do we not see as much Medium, Spiritualist, Mesmerist, or Occultist homebrew as we do Kineticist? All those other classes are also pretty ripe for brewing and could end up pretty neat

We were on page 7, you dolt.

When did you last play a tiefling? What were they like?

Because those classes aren't in as obvious need of dire repair as Kineticist is.

kineticist was the one most obviously in need of fixing, and also appeals to the high school weeaboo I AM THE AVATAR crowd.

might wanna use a different image there bro.

I'm guessing because kineticist stands out from the other occult classes as needing more viable options.

>assassin game GM
>gestalt level 5

>"Actually this game is low fantasy"
>"Your characters aren't strong in the world"

Jesus Christ, what?

There's nothing explicit there.

I am also confused by this.

its pretty damn close, just be careful okay?

Why?

>Still haven't finished deers/goats/sheep
Why can't I get motivated and my mind together?

Let's look at DHB's latest character's question summary from the assassins game.

>Their First Kill: Money Lender in The City of the Faceless

>Something they care about: More than anything family is the strongest motivator for Akorian.

>Something they hate: Whore Houses.

>The god they worship, and why: Not highly religious. As a child went to church that venerated most of the Azlanti pantheon. Akorian worshipped Achaekek with slightly more fervor after becoming an assassin.

>Their long term goals: Curing his mother's and sister's sickness permanently, getting enough money to settle down and marry Lili, and to disentangle his psyche from that of Toad, eventually setting up a way to help others leave the City of the Faceless.

How do you feel about this character?

How am I supposed to build a dex-based character? I've already got Weapon Finesse and Deadly Agility. Now what else do I get? Is that it?

Remember, user;

The world you exist in is merely a torture chamber created to introduce you to the concept of pleasure for the sole purpose of destroying it. It will inevitably, through thousands of lifetimes, chase down your consciousness and gut every defense you can throw up until your only remaining reprieve from the agony is to blink your consciousness and end your own existence completely. No afterlife, no peace... only nothing in the end.

The only way out is to embrace torment. Join us~!

I hate it a lot less than I hate you.

>battletoads censorship.

Where was this and why did i never discover it till now!?

Not the strongest in the world? Sure.

However I would assume we're a good deal stronger than the populous.

Also we're in Golarion so it's already not low fantasy.

How do I make a synthesist summoner-type character (other classes are fine, just the same general gist) whose summon can self-destruct to deal extra damage to enemies and then reappear sometime later?

God dammit, Kishibe, we want delicious brown succubi and cute monstergirls, not plain bestiality.

Why does he hate whore houses?

DHB is such a strange person, he emphasizes romantic relations so much but he despises sexual relations.

I was on board until the end goal WASN'T to cure his mother and sister to make them his wives.

Because of that, 3/10

Anyone got the Minos race stats handy?

Basically, yeah. Past that, you're doing the same thing as a Str-based character - power attack, whatever.

Again with the attempts at public shaming, when you got nothing last thread.

I thought we were playing pathfinder, not cult?

Necklace of fireballs, and the summon eidolon spell doesn't care if it's already been blowed up that day.

>You will never use your Minos GF's huge breasts as pillows while the two of you watch a stage production.

From the character's backstory he had a traumatic experience where half-fiends tortured him after consuming the symbiote armor. This was in a whore house that was a front for demon stuff. I'm guessing that's why.

I responded last thread, and besides it's comparatively low. Not strictly low by the absolute definition of Low Fantasy.

I've heard of fashionable asymmetry, but I don't think this counts.

"Low fantasy" and "Golarion" don't work together. It just doesn't make sense.

>Again with the attempts at public shaming, when you got nothing last thread.
Not shaming, asking questions. I just like memeing.

Why are you running Pathfinder Golarion and not an actual low fantasy skulduggery game like Blades in the Dark?

Level 5+ gestalt Golarion is IN NO WAY low fantasy.

Power Attack works with dexterity to damage?

Cultfinder is the best pathfinder.

Zon-Kuthon speaks true. Mortals don't seek absolution or forgiveness from the divine --they seek punishment, that they may embrace it and continue to thrive in the world they live in.

The party isn't going to be fighting demons and demigods. Anything except the targets in question will likely be more on the easy side for the party to handle, but the targets will either be a challenge or require challenging circumstances. The Gestalt portion is to round out party dynamic, and ensure everyone can have a character that works with the theme without having to sacrifice to ensure healing or DPS are available.

How hard would it be to convince a "no 3rd party" DM to allow the Faerie Dragon bloodline for an illusionist sorcerer? Sorcerers don't seem to have a lot of illusionist build support otherwise. I'm not sure if this bloodline is broken or not though.

For reference:

sites.google.com/site/pathfinderogc/classes/core-classes/sorcerer/bloodlines/bloodlines-from-3rd-party-publishers/jon-brazer-enterprises---bloodlines/faerie-dragon-bloodline

I've been meaning to post one for the Medium, but I've just been swamped with courses and work right now.

I've also got a few ideas for Mesmerist, Spiritualist and Occultist, but with the new book in Feb. coming out, I'm waiting to see that first.

My fucking spine hurts just looking at that.

Anyone got Starfinder?

not out yet i dont think

Begone with thee, Zon-Kuthon!

How many times you gonna bring this up to bitch about it?

It's due in August, paisan.

Well you aren't a minotaur, are you?

>why did i never discover it till now!?
Because you don't like videogames

Stick 'em in the mana wastes, maybe?

>does anyone have a download link to Zelda Breath of the Wild PLEASE RESPOND CAN'T FIND ANYWHERE

It's probably 2hu venting.

Would you allow a Neurokineticist (Legendary Kineticists) to take Thrallherd (Dreamscarred Press)?
Thematically it fits and would only need a little bit of tweaking to make the Thrallherd bonuses line up with talents from the Neurokineticist, and I don't see any balance issues aside from the usual leadership ones that have already been talked over and agreed upon.

Also, who else has their mental magic/psionic/illusion/etc type characters dress in full armor and carry big weapons so that nobody suspects that they're the source of all the mind-fuckery following the party around?

The mana wastes are steampunk, user. That's worse than Low Fantasy....Anyway. This is a "looking up from the ground" view of Golarion. The characters are entering the world of the higher fantasy and should come from the lower fantasy backgrounds they've outgrown, so they're kind of in the middle. To a commoner, even in golarion, the world around them is going to be mostly mundane. Sure, Golarion is a high fantasy setting, but the towns and areas of lesser import are lower fantasy.

Unlikely.

Played an Oni-Spawn Sacred Fist with Master of Many Styles dip. This was years ago, before I'd ever heard of RotJR Seems the idea of "big red punch girl" is pretty ubiquitous.

I got you, bro.

notavirus.org/hellasweetrips/botw.torrent.exe

With all this Minos stuff going on, I gotta ask.

Do they make good Skalds?

>With all this Minos stuff going on, I gotta ask.

If I recall, they're +2 Str +2 Con -2 Int with Powerful Build.

There should be an ART for Haunting Moo though.

>mental magic/psionic/illusion/etc type characters dress in full armor and carry big weapons so that nobody suspects that they're the source of all the mind-fuckery following the party around?
This doesn't work because there are still obvious displays you're the one doing shit.
>The mana wastes are steampunk, user. That's worse than Low Fantasy
Shit fucking tastes detected.

Prolly.

Played a spitespawn that was tweaked to be more Nightmare descendant than Div. He was a mind-fucking Mesmerist (cult master) that gave the party no end of trouble, but was always helping prop them up and working together just enough that they kept him around. Also helped that they discovered he was doing stuff to help in the background too, just being tsundere about it.
Of course, he planted all of that evidence and had the party thinking well of him through careful delving and suggestions in their dreams, but it was all for the best.

>Swordians
If that's what I think it is, that's a fucking dumb idea for a race.

You say that, but so far we've had mainly rogue DPS types. No one wants to have two gestalt halves that don't cooperate very well.

I ended up making a healer-caster type because I noticed the deficit.

>obvious displays
Psionics has a simple check to remove the displays.
Arcane has silent/still spell and most enchantment spells don't have a visual effect, while illusions are generally crafted to fit so you can bluff your way through
Psychic magic is generally less flashy then arcane and so on, and already is without the hand waving and chanting, so again, pretty easy to bluff and act your way through it.

There are Oracles as well, and there's still almost the full month left.

>forgets about the fucking warlock it was fucking copying

>You say that, but so far we've had mainly rogue DPS types. No one wants to have two gestalt halves that don't cooperate very well.

Could you suggest something for me to make? Like, a role, or gestalt combo? I was tempted to go Slayer with something, but now that you say DPS types are hyper-common... Well...

What if I just go big hulking brute thug that tears down doors and smacks people up?

Thus far we have:
>Brawler/Rogue
>Wizard/Rogue
>Monk/Slayer
>Alchemist/Barbarian
>Rogue/Ranger
>Kineticist/Alchemist
>Alchemist/Barbarian
>Oracle/Occultist
>Fighter/Rogue
>Vigilante/Oracle
>Rogue/Mesmerist

not sure what you're implying, friendo

>Warlock
Thank you!
Thats what I was really hoping for when I first heard of the Kineticist, along with SOMETHING more dealing with the etheral plane. But nope, just full on avatar idiocy with crappy mechanics that we told them were crappy and were ignored.

At least the Avowed helps on the warlock front, I am loving it something fierce.

>like four people want to play symbiotic slayer
>DHB runs in and makes a character before everyone
>the character is from the fucking moon

Yes. Why wouldn't it?

Sounds like the basis for a hot new Sentai show, user.

How are they going to assassinate then? Because in the d20 system, things like perception, detection methods, reaction speed and ability to survive being stabbed through the face literally ALL come from levels...

The trick to your confusion here, is "this game is low fantasy".

It's pathfinder.

You're being told it's low fantasy.

This is actually quite clear. It means YOUR magical capabilities will be severely limited, including items. Full stop.

Yours.

The Party.

Not anyone else.

Low Fantasy in D&D/derivatives has ALWAYS, EXPLICITLY meant "only you guys aren't the double-wizard-cleric-zilla-summoners".

It's what's thrown against your resistance-less saves that'll get ya.

>Avatar
>Weaboo

what?

>low fantasy means just the party not the world

This line of thinking always confused me

It's their architecture. Whorehouses are absolutely vile.

Sure, they're filled with hot prostitutes and even the occasional dead hooker (when they're dead they're just hookers), but look at that gaudy decoration, the tasteless red tint from the windows, the overelaborate north face...

It's fucking disgusting.

What? You couldn't be any more wrong. If anything it's the opposite. The world they've experienced thus far is low fantasy and they're finding themselves rising above.

Kineticist was originally advertised as Carrier and Firestarter with a side of Akira.
What it turned out to be was the Elemental Bending "and then the fire nation attacked" Avatar show.

Avatar in itself isn't weeaboo but the people who want to play it in pathfinder are, I've found.

Well yes but what would the difference have been?

>hot prostitutes

Call girls. They are call girls when alive.

>Which Avatar are you
>Korra

Yes! I'm the selfish bitch who solves problems with violence and smug Avatar superiority!

Fuck friendship! Fuck wisdom! Fuck tradition! Fuck spirituality! Taste my fist!

>implying it actually pulls off bending

but it can't even do that properly without 3pp

Fair enough! We'll see what rolls in.

When you lay it out like that, it doesn't seem so bad. It's easy to forget that alchemists can double as a healer.

>Your characters aren't strong in the world

GM codespeak for "My monsters dont have stat blocks, they just always kill you."

Bad douchebag GM detected.

Far as I can tell it's caused by the idea of "throwing a twist".

>Okay this will be a low magic campaign
>And the BBEG is an evil wizard
Step 1
>His lieutenants are enchanted by his powers since they're his evil lieutenants
Step 2
>And you fight the regular things you'd fight at that level (therefore demons, angels, dragons, etc)
Step 3.

The theme and possible abilities.
Avatar lends itself to flashy big moves, charge up sequences, dangerous forbidden techniques and slice of life shennanigans. Aka, composite blasts, gather power, burn, and useless wild talents.
Carrie etc has themes of staying hidden, getting carried away by your power, creative uses, and alienation. This would have led to markedly different design in both mechanics and the powers themselves.
Example, there is no wild talent or ability to cause a heat stroke. No fire talent, no air talent, no fire/air composite talent. It doesn't matter how good you are, you can't carefully surround someones head with heat and make them pass out while keeping a low profile.

And yes, it still sucks at what it set out to try and do.

W-What's the context of that picture.

This.

I've never seen a GM who meant "low fantasy" or "low magic" and ACTUALLY MEANT IT.

Without fail, it basically always means "YOU GUYS are the low fantasy/low magic guys."

A big beefy type for when fights start could be great to have, but you also can't compromise stealth. Clearly, the best solution is Pain Taster 5 | Mesmerist 5.

If I recall, they're in a haunted house, and there's some concern about going to the bathroom alone.

Two weeks ago I brought my GF into a first session of our new game with 2 other friends.

She isnt coming back, and I really like the character (swarm monger druid), is this class not really suitable for GMNPC? I feel like the use of swarms might not be welcome especially under GMNPC control.

You lot can believe what you want to believe. It makes no difference to me.

megumin is lewd. LEWD!

>Paper fairy torture

Patrician taste, user.

>but you also can't compromise stealth

>Slayer || Barbarian (Savage Technologist)

???

Because guns are stealthy?

A political operative trying to knock out the Venom Lords in order to bring the Demesne closer into the fold of Droaam. Did everything that could under the table to subvert those not in close line with the Daughters of Sora Kell.

>She isnt coming back
Thanks for sharing, but what relevance does your amusing anecdote have to your question?