/HHG/ The Horus Heresy General

Rolled 6 (1d20)

Grenade Palooza, -4T rad Edition

Anvilllllllus Sub-Edition :^)

MkVI goose-stepped into the scene, all Land's Raiders come from Anvilus but only after you pray for a while and then press the rune "ON", quite some rules debate was had, Mortarion didn't know any better and no, there were 2 million space marines, not four. All of that, but only one per phase, in the previous thread >HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp
>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC
>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HH Discord
discord.gg/wYS2J6b

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Time_Wizards
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Problem, Roboute?

Reminder that Lorgar could excite Iron Warriors and Enthuse Night Lords with his oratory skill.

he could also "excite" fulgrim if you catch my drift

No, that's Frank Castle's corpse. After all, I think Fulgrim likes a little head.

:^)

He makes me rev up my chainsword if you know what I mean.

First three of my Legion Breachers, my test batch.
Left, and right use the standard MkIII bolter arms, and I don't quite like the angle it places the shields.
Middle, the Sgt. as so far, uses the Chaos space marine squad bolter arm. It looks like MkII, so it fits the fluff of MkII/III armor, and has a greater range of articulation for the shield.

I think we all know how he learned to do such things from the old daddy-priest, eh?

Can you show or list an example of him getting Iron Warriors excited?

4 DAYS

D
A
Y
S

I don't have a citation unfortunately, but it was in a speech before the dropsite massacre.

Here's a more up to date depiction of Ferrus :^)

Those look awful

Those aren't even Breachers. The point of the shield is to cover the body, and it doesn't even do that.

The shields cover from the shoulders to the knees in height.

I know, I think I will wait until the other shields come in to finish the unit.

Started a 30k campaign this weekend. First battle was the hammerblow assault from the istvaan V. Salamanders and Space Wolves vs. World Eaters and Sons of Horus, with reenforcement on both sides with more wolves and Thousand Sons. Bat rep incoming

First Battle Report: Desperation

The opening battle for the Luchador Campaign was a close fought thing. Heroes and Villains on both sides scrabbled in the filth to get at each other and let the blood of their once brothers. As the Space Wolves and Terminators lined up waiting to meet the Traitor's charge they knew many would not live.

The World Eaters came on in a raging horde cresting the hills in front of the Loyalist's positions and letting loose with bolters and plasma guns at close range felling many mighty Space Wolf terminators. The Sons of Horus, meanwhile, worked the flanks trying to pincer their enemies and draw them into the center to finish them off. And yet the Loyalists stood resolute. With a mighty howl a squad of Wolves terminators on the Loyalist right flank. plunged into a squad of World Eaters and like a boulder they scattered the World Eaters like so many training dummies. Though in the melee the Alpha was beheaded by a chainaxe by a deftly skilled World Eater Champion.

As the slaughter on the left continued, a legion support squad dueled with the Salamander's first squad lead by Sergeant Brakarius the Stonewall of Hesiod. Plasma and bolts spat through the air as the two squads traded death between the cover of rocks and ditches. On the right saw Kharn the bloody lead two squads plunging headlong into the loyalists ranks the charge turning into a close range firefight as the momentum was slowed and then stalled. from behind the front lines the Thousand Sons began setting up their support positions and even more of The Wolves began to enter the fray.

Things looked desperate but manageable for the Loyalists, until the Sons of Horus descended. Crashing down the hill came the Justaerin, the chosen sons of Horus, pure aggression made manifest in dark Terminator armor. As they charged like an unstoppable force the Salamander's first squad focused their bolters on them, drawing their attention away from the Wolves and earning their ire. Hundreds of bolt rounds were expended on the behemoths before the first one fell, taking a lucky shot through an eye lens, but all that shooting would soon be for naught. They didn't crash into Sergeant Brakarius' squad so much as level it completely. They tore and rended the squad until none but the brave sergeant was left swinging his mighty warhammer, smashing aside one with a blow to the chest and another with a downward swing that caved in the beast's helm. In the backfield of the Traitor's positions a squad of Skyclaws descended on burning wings in order to kill the vile Librarian that led their most hated enemy. They were dead before they made it twelve paces from where they landed. The Librarian had forseen this ploy and the Skyclaws were gunned down in blaze of heavy weapons and bolter fire, taking a few traitors down with them, but nowhere near enough.

It was in this swirling, chaotic, melee that the Catulan Reavers struck. The assassins came out of nowhere seemingly. From the left and the right the jaws of the wolf drew closed around their enemy’s throat. On the left they were led by a Praetor in cruel looking armor wielding a paragon blade jet packs roaring as they descended upon an unknowing pack of Space Wolves and cutting them up like meat with hacking chainswords and burning blades. The Alpha attempted to make a stand against the Praetor. Yelling the name of Russ the champion rushed at the Praetor, only to be cloven in two with a contemptuous sweep of his great blade. In the middle the Pyroclast squad of the Salamanders and their praetor challenged Kharn the Bloody burning a great swathe into their enemies before falling upon them with the great wrath of some ancient beast. Kharn rose up out of the ranks to answer the challenge of this great praetor scoring first blood and shrugging off two blows from his opponent’s thunder hammer.

The melee continued on the left with Sergeant Brakarius killing a third Justaerin with his thunder hammer before being clubbed to the ground by a black armored monster whose armor read “BRUTUS.” However, Sergeant Brakarius was not alone. The Space Wolves who had dispatched the first of the World Eaters, seeing this great warrior being thrown to the ground howled in rage and charged the monster. Along the way, more Reavers joined the swirling melee on the right as the fight for Sergeant Brakarius raged. While the melee on the left continued, on the right the Loyalists were getting slaughtered. Keeping the momentum of their charge Catulan Reavers rampaged into another squad of Salamanders after dispatching the Space Wolves so completely. Taking a few casualties here and there they pushed as hard and fast as possible in order to perform the killing blow that would eventually finish off the Loyalists. They deftly dodged the Salamander’s fury of bolter shots and plowed into them like comets. Slashing here and there with wild, reckless, abandon they utterly murdered the Salamanders and another champion was decapitated by this cruel Praetor.

It was only by the sheer bravery of the Salamanders and reckless killing abandon of the Space Wolves that kept them in the fight. No order was left of their battle lines, no formation was left. Only Chaos reigned. In the middle Kharn finally took hit he couldn’t just shrug off. The thunder hammer of the Salamanders Praetor smote him in the chest as the pyroclasts chopped down the rest of the World Eaters with cries of “Vulkan lives!” On the left the a Space Wolves Champion stood astride the motionless body of Sergeant Brakarius and with his pack back to back with him they struck down all who came near. BRUTUS nor the Reavers could stand before the fury and might of the Wolves, fighting over one of their own, they would not be swayed. Soon BRUTUS was laid low and what was left of the Reavers slunk back after tasting the sting of lightining claws.

On the right the Catulans had just finished off the rest of their Salamander prey when great gouts of plasma and fire engulfed a full half of their squad and three Space Wolf terminators streaked into them. For the first time the Catulans had not had the charge and were at once caught on the wrong foot and they paid for that mistake dearly. The Space Wolves fought and tore at them with the ferocity of their namesake and where they went around them Reavers fell. It was only the incredible blade work of their Praetor that staved off the end of the Reavers Squad. With a roar the Praetor ripped his blade from the chest of the last terminator and challenged any other foe to test his skill with the blade. And that’s when he saw the Space Wolves breacher squad formed up in neat ranks before him. His mastery with the blade was unparalleled but swords meant nothing when it came to dodging bullets and with a tumult of surprising violence and oddly clinical precision the breacher squad ended his rampage with massed bolters.

With two of the three commanding officers dead and only his forces remaining the Thousand Sons Librarian ordered a general retreat. Even as he did so he saw the casualties his retreat would cause as he saw an entire squad engulfed in flames and hacked down by the damnably hard to kill pyroclasts. His heart ached to see how close they had been to victory, but his mind knew that to take any more casualties would be to cripple their forces beyond repair. And so both sides withdrew, the Traitors back to their Thunderhawks and the Loyalists to their defensive positions. Both sides would go back with grievous wounds secretly knowing that had sacrificed too much and that in this battle the only thing to win was the mound of corpses left behind.

>it's a Ben Counter posts his latest battle scene episode

>tfw you're too autistic to make sense out of narrative-written battle reports

Can I use a nuncio vox from in a rhino for my basalisks?

Can you feel it? Also that's a cruel pic, user, but I'll let it slide on those dubs.

Latest FAQ ruled that models in transport vehicles are not considered to be 'on the table'

So that's a no. Gotta get out of that Rhino

I feel ya. The first time I played a game where my opponent would floridly describe what was happening in the third person and make gun noises and the like, I had to tap out at turn 2. Couldn't handle it, man.

War gear entry for that vox explicitly says at the end cannot be used inside a vehicle. It's always been that way

I'll make sure to take pictures next time so everyone can follow along

>Luchador Campaign
Just one question, user.
Why?

>filename

TIME WIZARDS

Is it me, or does the Orbital Assault RoW basically screw over the one good thing that standard box dreads had going for them, namely the fact that they normally can take cheap legion drop pods instead of the now pricier DDP,but the RoW forces them to take DDP instead. Is it possible i'm somehow reading it wrong?

That change isnt from the RoW, its their entry in the new book

>A Legion Dreadnought Talon numbering a single Dreadnought may select a Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod as a Dedicated Transport

Boxnoughts shine in the new RoW as you can have 12 deep striking dreadnoughts now that they can take drop pods in talons of 3.

You are correct. Might as well take Contemptors at that point, or put them in dreadclaws. Might be a subtle hint from FW that you should buy those ...

It gets worse, its the Luchador 64 system

>Boxnoughts shine in the new RoW as you can have 12 deep striking dreadnoughts now that they can take drop pods in talons of 3.

Oh my. And I thought all these boxes I had lying about were completely useless to me now.

Maybe Im so used to it that I dont understand what you're saying.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Time_Wizards

>it's their entry
Double Fuck, so now their basically super eclipsed by cortus dreads in almost every situation.... Although someone could be that guy and point out that the OA RoW technically only specifies Contemptor and Legion dreadnought talons as being allowed to take multiple dread with pods per talon and not Cortus'... but that doesn't help the cause anyways...

>I actually liked the forge world boxnought designs
At least they still sell the Ironclad and Black Templar Boxnoughts. Would anyone have an autistic fit if i were to make the Boxnought legs taller/beefier and have it passed off as a Cortus-Contemptor? Can only take so much eggnought

What's the first legion that comes into your head when you see this?

EC or UM?

>=][= on helmet

Knights Errant

Oh shit I forgot to mention I'm filling that in.

I know you're asking us in order to know whether or not you'll add a palatine aquila to his chest, but it's difficult to imagine him as an EC is he doesn't have it on his chest.

Then again, Fulgrim used a volkite charger and a sword, just like your mini.

UM but i can honestly see either one with the templar like helmet

Ok I'll be changing the filename

>Deathwatch helmet
Mein neger. I've got 3 I'll be using with my EC as officer helmets, filling in the =][= of course

So assuming I have a character with this trait, is it possible to move a vehicle out of reserves that would normally be forced into reserves?

Any clarification on this would help a ton.

looks awful with all the shitty mold lines and sprue nubs, pry it apart and try again

but ultras fwiw

Templar IF......

Well if you use that trait to take a vehicle out of reserves, it is no longer beginning the game in reserve and therefor not allowed.

Proto-black dragons user. Everything has shipped at last. WIP.

>Using wulfen parts

In b4 shitstorm...

I don't like you.

They're a Heretek geneseed project, what do you want from me?

Woops, can't into rotate.

Where do you live, so I can make sure I don't go near you?

Bad desert where the air quality is usally above 90. Today's high was 117. Please do not come near here, is only bad.

looks awful and i hate it

i want you to do some actual work instead of cutting and pasting piece from models that dont work or look good
you know, greenstuff and plasticard instead of wulfen that look entirely out of place and just shitty

Considering DDPs are out of stock/unavailable for months, I don't know a single person that would flip shit at using regular ones

Wrong millennium and they look like ass.

They had blade growths from the elbow and forehead, not that wolverine claw shit. Should have just raided a box of nid bits for scything talon ends and painted them silver to show the sheathing BDs put over them

why?

There's been quite a bit of greenstuffing already and I anticipate quite a bit more. Their heads looked too low so that got a greenstuff prop-up. The arms are fitted for Wulfen bodies so I had to fill those gaps. Also had to fill in butts since Wulfen legs have none, will probably make lizard-skin cloaks to cover that up better (same with the crotches).

When I do normal tacticals/assault squads with normal Mk IV legs I intend to cut lightning claw bits down into their prongs and use those as bone-blade CCWs.

Also magnetizing weapon options.

Is that enough work for you?

This isn't 30k.

you are in the wrong thread, go back to the 40k pit of despair terrible user.

>chymarie blackshields

Would you prefer I do another loyalist Iron warriors army?

>Would you prefer I do another loyalist Iron warriors army?
Oooh snap!

If it looks better than that shit, yes

Yeah, they'd at least look better.

I'd rather you do a traitor Iron Warriors army, but so long as you didn't use 40k bits that aren't vehicles, I'd be fine with it.

What's the issue with the Wulfen legs? They're horribly mutated genetic monstrosities.

Quick arm just for you. Better?

thats far better, though the wulfen hand is still a bit out of place

please just leave user.

Yeah, I may go for bolter hands. Just didn't have a right handed pistol.

Why? If you have a valid reason, I'll go; I'm not a tripfag and I don't want to act like one.

I just had the idea for the models and wanted to see if I could make it work.

Mate, they're pretty hideous. The Black Dragons aren't all that mutated with the exception of their bone growths, they're nowhere near like the wulfen with wolf/lizard/whatever bits growing out of them. It's just not right.

Also, Black Dragons aren't 30k.
Which is the biggest one.

??? There's a whole book about a non-mutated Black Dragon falling to Chaos because he got buttmad when felt left out and that his company was using ultra-mutated Death Company style berserkers who were giant, mishappen and abominable.

Plus, they aren't THE Black Dragons. It's supposed to be a prequel to how their geneseed came about--an experiment in the Heresy to try and use Chaos magic/experimental tech/etc to speed up the recruitment process for the Salamanders after they got hammered. The resulting chapter gets exiled and almost purged once the issues are discovered, then they hang around as Blackshields before dying off in the Scouring. Geneseed gets kept in a vault somewhere to be reused in the Cursed Founding.

Your opponent sets this up in front of you at the LVO, how fucked are you?

>resin head on plastic body
Explanation?
>shield doesn't cover most of the body
>shoulders really low down on right guy
AWG seriously stop posting

Noice

i feel like i might do alright, if i took the head of the gorgon with 6 vindis and a mastodon i posted a while back, but that is a distinctly unpleasant list, especially if they're playing with the meltabombs faq

>resin head on plastic body- Explanation?
I like the cables on the middle one, and the far left one was just a head sitting my work desk.
>shield doesn't cover most of the body
I covers from shoulder level to the knees. It is adequate. I can post a picture comparing the shield to a regular MkIII plastic torso if you would like.
>shoulders really low down on right guy
They aren't. I pose the arms before adding the shoulders, always having them at the same level as the torso. Must be a trick of the camera.

Still the mutations weren't that extensive, the more mutated BD just have a bit more scaly skin, horns, claws and the arm blades. And they most definately don't look anything like wolves.

The issue is, since you're using Wulfen bits and SW have full dibs on anything wolf related, everybody who sees them WILL assume they are some kind of SW homebrew successor. So unless you are fully prepared to 'take the knot' as it were, using wulfen part is the worst idea.

And about your little bit of homebrew fluff : if there was any chaos magic tampering to increase recruitment speed, it would have only been done by the traitors, and the result would most certainly not have ended up in a vault, and even less so in a vault to be used again by the Imperium itseld. I don't know if you realize what the Imperium's stance was on anything warp related, but the Nikea edict should give you a good idea. So if they found some warp tainted geneseed in a vault somewhere during the scouring, just instant exterminatus.

So your options are to take your ideas and dudes to /40kg/ where the belong as they are now, or scratch everything and have a long, hard think to come up with something that actually sounds like it might remotely be plausible in the HH.

>shoulder to knees
But it's not, you do realise breathers are designed to defend/attack fortifications so you need all the protection possible. There's also no part for the gun to be held in.
>I posed them low
All that matters is they look low and retarded

Did any titan legios split into loyal and traitor halves during the Heresy?

Tempestus.

Don't want to leave the plasma pistol, but no clue what to do.
Also, should I headswap with something a bit more DG?

Decide for me.

just cut it off then you pussy

fucking bladewolf with his dirty ass imperial fists. what points level is this anyway?

Combat shield doesn't and it offers the same protection.

>so long as you didn't use 40k bits that aren't vehicles

Here's your (autism).

except for working like defensive grenades, retard

What does that have to do with the size of the shield? Storm shields are big, but they don't give you defensive grenades.

I cut the pistol off at the grip, just above the hand, then cut a combi-bolter until it fit. File, plastic glue bish bash bosh

I guess i'll pick Alpha Legion between the 2 you said :^)

>mix of mars and deimos
Reee, and so forth. Especially the predator 2nd from right, and the mixed vindicator squadron. I'm fine with people using the plastic space marine tanks in 30k, but I don't think mixing variants in the same army looks good.

that and he can't pose knights for shit. Seriously all that dosh spend on resin murder robots and not a decent pose among them. Might at well just run tau and neck himself already.

>Someone from Bolter and Cuksword
>Expecting them to have intelligence or skill

lel