Death will never get a Tome edition

>resources
pastebin.com/qCZb0mvh

>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

Old thread

How popular is AoS in your area and what points limit do usually play at?

I'm still building my army so I wouldn't know how locals play

Its slowly becoming THE most popular game. First it overtook 40k at all 3 FLGS (only 1 is a GW) and now I see more people painting/playing/building/talking about AOS than even Warmahordes

pretty popular.
Most played are sylvaneth and seraphon by FAR.
then its pretty much balanced between the other alliances. we usualy play between 2k5 and 4k

At my store, about as popular as 40k. Every time I go to my GW, it's pretty common to see 40k and AoS being played at the same time most days.

As for point value, the tournaments here tend to sit at 2000 points, but most friendly games seem to be either 1000 or free play.

>stormcast preorders going up this weekend
>still no word on new priest warscrolls to go with new prayers
>still cant get relictor outside the starter box

Are we really stuck with the Relictor and Veritant?

Both AoS and 40k are practically dead around here. There's a Bloodbowl league happening but that's probably gonna die out as well.

I haven't seen a AoS game in my store for two months. Most people play 40K or Warmahordes.

It's currently the most popular game.

But that's only because it's the manager's wargame of choice and shoves it down people's throats. He switches promoting games every few months, and throws every other game under the bus, going as far as to mock people that play other games.

Hell, people show up to play a casual game of 40k and he spends the whole time being a peanut gallery talking about how bad the rules are the whole time.

>>still cant get relictor outside the starter box

What? No way.

>Check the GW site
>It's true

What the fuck?

It was the only game we played for several months. They are usually "small" 1000 to 1500 point games.

I play grots so there is no such thing as a small game

They might actually release him on his own soon if there's enough demand

Of which there isn't, because his bog-standard prayers are not that good. Although that isn't really a massive argument for why he doesn't have his own kit, considering that the Bloodsecrator and Bloodstoker (which are good) also don't have a standalone kit.

why does he still have customers again ? are you all such betafaggots you cant go anywhere else or create a club ?

I really do find his damage debuff prayer a lot more effective than his healing one. I will often send him after a big monster or hero to shoot. The mortal wounds can be negated or avoided, but if the prayer goes off, -1 to-hit doesn't seem like much, but it's saved more of my retributors stuck in the big baddie than I like to count. There are other means of providing that -1 to-hit, but i think people find him such a low-threat, they generally ignore him and his mediocre prayers

The problem with the Relictor is that his prayer is only 12" range and it happens in the hero phase so you can't move to position before using it.

But he's also only 80 points so if the new prayers are good then he will see play

It's decently popular. My town has a lot of game stores, and two that I go to have AoS games every weekend.

A friend of mine is telling me that my tomb kings are getting banned soon. Which gives me the shits, is this baseless whining or is there substance to this claim.

They're definitely getting banned, so you should send me them before it's too late! :)

Baseless whining.

Sure man, post your address, ill pay for shipping

Ok so I made my commander-type deck for an upcoming tournament. What do you guys think?

Aspiring Deathbringer - Lord of War, Crown of Conquest - 80
Bloodsecrator - 120
Slaughterpriest - 100

30x Bloodreavers - Axes - 180
10x Blood Warriors - Axes, Glaive - 200
6x Mighty Skullcrushers - Glaives, Standard, Horn - 320
5x Wrathmongers - 180
30x Bloodletters - Gore-drenched Icon, Horn - 300
10x Flesh Hounds - 200

Soul Grinder - Claw - 280

1960/2000

Should I change anything?

ding ding ding

Haven't started playing, but most games just feel like two armies mashing together and then rolling dice until one of them gets wiped out. Are there any games where mobility and positioning becomes key, where units get charge bonuses and you have to move them in and out of engagement to simulate cavalry charges and such?

So I've been looking through the AoS Hinterlands fan supplement and I am really liking what I'm seeing. I really want to get a campaign running at my flgs but I'm not sure how to drum up interest; especially since my friends much to far away to join in and everyone else just plays mtg and 40k. I've tried to get a league running for a different game there before, I put up flyers, posted on the facebook page, offered free stuff, got my face out there and left contact information, but still no one responded/showed up. Do you guys have any advice on how to succesfully recruit some people, I would really appreciate it.

>I haven't played but most games feel like

Shut up.

Whelp, I only got that Soul Grinder with his 16" move to combat that. Not sure what else I could do.

Sorry 12"

try playing with objectives and the correct amount of terrain

Closest other store is almost 3 hours away.

Gaming in the midwest sucks.

Play with the generals handbook battleplans. Don't do whfb level of terrain, do more like 40k level of terrain

I know you bait with a pasta, but for goood mesure I'll also post the pasta.

In 5th, you took your heroes?graeter deamons and mashed them against other heroes because each was capable of wiping any unit you could throw at them. Turn 2 the heroes were in close combat and the game was done. Movement had little to no importance.

In 7th, aka broken fest that splitted the community, deamons were so op you would only ever see those in tournament and the basic idea was to charge everything and win because you were deamons. Movement had little to no importance.

In 8th, we got shit like 40 T7 ASF white lion with a lfie mage an BannerOfWorldDragon., Chosenstars, Auto-undisspelable Skaven 13th spell, 5 block of 5wide 8 deep skavenslaves for 400points as autoinclude that hold better than any unit in the game tanks to ld10 shenanigans, Cannons everywhere, Wraith congalines, Slayers congalines, Unkillable chaos lord on disks, unkillable regenerative nurgle prince, army wiper slaanesh prince, Irongut hordes with 2+ deny magic banner, lone sabertusk that could bug unit out of the game for 2 turns, unchargeable rule-exploit skinkcloud, broken dark rider stars that couldn't be charged either, Blenderlords, the StatBull that could statistically kill every other hero in the game, dwarf sit-in-a-corner-and-wipe-everything-with-artillery and, last but not list, the 100+ TK poisonned squelettons with khalida.
Game were decided with the army list you bring and movement had no importance because of how broken and stupid it was.

So yes, when we compare this to Aos, Aos is infinetly more tactical and movement based.

>do more like 40k level of terrain
most 40k tables I've ever seen had like, a ruin or two, and maybe a few scattered pieces of overly small terrain that really did nothing

Accordding to this 8th resembeld the whfb fluff pretty well. Not that it makes for a good game, but still....

How do special unit weapons work with understrengh squads. Lets say I have only 2 paladins, can I give them both the buff up weapons just as if they were a 5 man squad. I mean I am paying points for them as if I was playing with 5. Or is there some rule against it?

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that you split the table in six squares and for each square you put down d3 pieces of terrain.

No, you have to pay as if they were a 5 man squad but they're not a 5 man squad when it comes to special weapons.

you treat it as if it were a full strength squad that is missing models

perhaps your army had the full number, but a few of them are AWOL and don't make it to the battle

that is stupid. this means they are penalizing people for buying start collecting boxs instead of unit boxs.

But are there maybe heros for the stormcasts that are armed like paladins, I could run the paladins as them and buff up my points. Or are there no paladin heros?

Do you *have* five guys in that unit? No? No special weapons for you, then. It's not that hard to understand.
Also, please just get that fucking Easy to Build: Retributors box.

You could always buy the start collecting. It comes with two paladins to complete the squad.

Oh hey, didn't even know this existed.

We keep telling you that the Start Collecting box for Stormcast is stupid on its own. The sooner you accept that, the better.
You can convert a bunch of heroes from the regular paladin box, but there are no heroes armed with giant hammers. Also, the snapfit Retributors are more difficult to convert.

I dont have the money to buy any more models. I thought that a start collecting set. Would be like from other games, where you get a small working army. I am probably stupid, but I didn't expect that one would have to buy extra boxs to play with the stuff in the starter set.

Well people were telling to get the starter set. No one told me there are two.

There still any sites that have the bretonnian battallion box?

It used to be a completely working army until match play was a thing.

>3D print that shit because fuck copyright, amirite?

ebay

It's called start COLLECTING not start playing. just dont play the paladins until you get more.

Am already playing with fewer points the other people, and that is with paying full for units that are not full. If I remove the paladins I may as well not play at all till may. And I have to do a weekly update to my teacher what am doing with the hobby.

This site is for people aged 18 and up.

How about you fuck right off, you little pikey

My sides

What kind of bullshit assignment is that?

How should I equip a unit of brutes. And how many should I have?

hasn't overtaken 40k yet around me, but there are a few loyal players. I run Stormcast, Sylvaneth, and Khorne Bloodbound. I usually face off with Skaven, Nurgle, Khorne Daemons, and Ogors. Our store manager has a Sylvaneth; she's solid with them. We had a Death guy, but I haven't seen him in a while.

1k usually, but sometimes 1500 and 2k.

You can't. Active interested players are a myth.

That aside, I agree, Hinterlands looks really interesting. I wonder how a really small warband would fare, like lets say three blinged up units. Could be fun to play.

So besides the paladins and heroes the little backpacks that the regular guys have look pretty retarded. Could I keep the off? Is there like a big hole there or something that would make it look bad?

Can somebody post the pdf? I really can't be fucked signing up for yet another forum just for a download.

5 Brutes? 3 dual brute choppas, 1 gore choppa, 1 claw&smasha.
10+ Brutes? 7 gore-hackas, 2 gore choppas, 1 claw&smasha.

None of the regular stormcast have backpacks?

Knock yourself out.

My spam filter can only take so much.
Thanks.

It really gives a feel of how bad this game is when the main argument to defend it is 'WHFB was worse'.
We're aware that WH40k and WHFB have always been bad games. Try to compare this shit to good ones, though.

It's not

I have no one to at with.

Not even 40k or WMH

>sylvaneth

That is what I'm honestly terrified of if it ever does pick up. I used to play WE back in the day, and loved two things: being a dick with hyper model MSU archers and being dick with trees, both in a friendly way of course.

Now comes AoS. Wanderers suck ass. My 50 Glade guard are worthless, my kit bashed way watchers are actually worthless, and the army as a whole feels fucking lame as shit. They're not mobile, they're not exceptionally shooty, and they have nothing special.

Sylvaneth on the other hand got the angry trees, the mobility, and my favorite thing: tree singing. Always made sure to take a hero wizard with the staff that let me cast singing twice even though it was bad. Now, I can do that with Sylvaneth. I love the idea.

However.

They're super popular and I have no intention of playing a crowded faction. Because I'm an likely an autistic spaz, I'd rather not play what I want to play if it means there's more diversity, even if oh already own the models...

Anyway, it's irrelevant because there aren't any players anywhere here. Two shops have tried and failed utterly.

Just bag me.

Oh, those? I didn't even realize they were meant to be put there, to be honest.
Yeah, you can leave them off no problem.

Nice

Can anyone please tell where I can read (not download) the Seraphon battletome online?

So I just made my first units ever and I used plastic cement. Is there a way to avoid this crease around the entire body? I have liquid green stuff to fill it in but that seems like a pain. My coworker said he used some gap filling superglue and had no noticeable creases.

Nowhere. Download or bust.

Why not just download it?

It's as you said; use better glue and, if needed, apply some greenstuff. Basecoat and paint both cover noticiable gaps as well, if only a little.

What should I run for my seraphon battalines? I always struggle with this part of list building. It just never seems to look right.

Hammers of Sigmar
>required stuff
- 1 Thunderhead Brotherhood
>additional stuff
- 0-1 Lords of the Storm
- 0-2 Thunderhead Brotherhood
- 0-3 Thunderstrike Force
- any number of SC units
Everything get's Lightning Strike if the number of batallions is maxxed out.

>Abilities:
- First to be Forged:
Bravery +1 for everything.
- Heralds of Sigmar:
When a friendly unit of Liberators is destroyed, roll a d6. On a 6, instead return the unit to full strength and remove it from the table to set up in the Celestial Realm. Next movement phase they can arrive by Lighting Strike.
- Command Trait - We Cannot Fail
If a friendly SC unit within 3" of the general suffers a wound or mortal wound, roll a d6. On a 6 ( I think), ignore that wound or mortal wound

Hallowed Knights
>required
- 1 Lords of the Storm
>additional
- 0-3 Thunderhead Brotherhood
- 0-3 Hammerstrike Force
- any number of additional SC units
Everything get's Lightning Strike if the number of batallions is maxxed out.

>Abilities
- Only the Faithful:
Roll a d6 for every unit affected by an enemy spell. On a 5+the spell has no effect on that unit.
- Holy Crusaders:
+1" to run and charge distances.
- A Martyr's End:
Roll a d6 for every slain model from this batallion that has not yet attacked this phase killed in melee; on a 3+ (I think) it can pile in attack normally before being removed.

I can see Hallowed Knights getting a lot of use, especially with Tzeentch on the horizon.

A fair few start collecting kits have armies that aren't suitable for matched play.

Matched play is it's own thing, and Start Collecting sets aren't balanced around it.

Are you entering a tourney or something? I don't understand whats the problem here. Just apply some house-rules with your mates that balance the difference.

Some type of underdog -bonuses for you or some sort of handicap system. You can bend the rules as much as you need to to have a fun and balanced experience.

Thats unless you're trying to get a competitive tourney -list. Thats a different case altogether.

It is not avoidable on the plaguebearers. I recently build some of the myself and was pretty disappointed. You need to fill it was green stuff, liquid green stuff, a color (if the gap is really small) OR just scratch over it. I would recommend normal green stuff, liquid os shit imo (I never bothered getting gud with though. If it's even possible). You can also CAREFULLY apply more glue and scratch over it. It doesn't matter as mutch on plaguebearers, but I wouldn't recommend using this on models with flat and clean surfaces (like armorplates or vehicles in general).
Don't be afraid of green stuff, it's rather easy to use and don't start off with cheap miliput.

Pick related is the glue and scratching 'technique' it looks worse than it is and a little clean up and the primer will do, but the gap is filled.
Also you could just leave it as it is, as the arms will cover most of it and you won't recognize it on the table. It's good for practice though.
Holy shit, my spelling sucks. I need a coffee...

>Be Khorne player.
>Bloodsecrator, Bloodstoker, Mighty Lord and Khorgorath all starter-only.

Quit yer whining.

You'll need three Battleline to make it legal. You currently have two.

Anymore of this sweet stuff?

Would anyone object to my old hooded Glade Guard being used as Way Watchers? I have about 30 with hoods, and 20 without, latter would likely be normal guard.

Just tell your opponent that before the battle and it'd be fine.

Well, we know the Stormcast allegiance ability.

Just trying to think up a good flesh eaters list to VS mates empire gun line. Which is basically just heaps of cannons, empire swords men as min battle line, celestial hurricanium and 2 steam tanks. What do you think?

The Vanguard Hunters get basically super-Outflank.

Also how what's the best royal menagarie list. What do you think of this one?

Wonder if they'll get items that give them +1 to this, like sylvaneth with their woods

Maybe. But they also get their Lightning Strike battalions to provide a better deep strike.

I am really curious about their relics and traits in general. The regular Order stuff is already pretty potent, so I wonder how they'll develop that.
Also, new prayers, presumably like the new spells of the other battletomes? That'll be interesting. The Lord-Veritant is already something of a beast and the Lord-Relictor is at least cheap.

Have to write about a hobby every week. What you did in the hobby, how your getting better at it etc. there was 4 things to pick from. Dancing, painting, table top gaming or football.

So if I'm reading these tea leaves correctly SC is getting the ability to break matched play points fairness with "free units"?

The whole reason for the restriction of Reinforcement Points on Matched Play games was to create games with balanced points.

It seems questionable to me that any army should be given a mechanic to circumvent that fundamentally important aspect of the Matched Play system.

From what I understand the ability to get free units only activates on a D6 of 6+ so it is not a high probability chance. However when it does happen (and it will happen) and when it does turn the tide of a game (and it will turn the tide of at least some games) I foresee a lot of gnashing of teeth and angry rumblings about this new mechanic.

Similarly I am understanding that the SC will be receiving a new ability to ignore magic on a 3+. This seems like a subversion of the entire mechanic of magic as it currently exists in the game. A blanket magic resistance 3+ covers what was arguably one of SC's weaknesses, the magic mechanic. Granted that they recently got a great little bargain character with unlimited unbind attempts and I felt that was a much healthier way to approach magic resistance for SC than this blanket immunity. I don't like abilities that circumvent game play mechanics, it seems lazy.

Also we seem to be seeing that SC will be getting the ability to enter the board from any table edge on any turn. The game mechanic of deployment zones exists for a reason and this is another ability for SC that subverts a game mechanic that promoted healthy enjoyable games.

So that is three examples so far that I see here about the new SC release that are very concerning to me and I think will have a very negative impact on the game.

then again I like elves and play elf lists so what do I know right?

>we had a death guy but we havent seen him in awhile.

He died

"I haven't seen the full rule texts, only anecdotes of anecdotes, but let me bitch about Stormcasts on Veeky Forums for 20 minutes while I stuff Glade Guard models up my withered asshole"

It's fucking Liberators respawning on a 6+ with no way to modify the roll and anly baseline Scions of the Storm deployment right out the gate.
Wo-fucking-hoo. Victory is certain.

when those liberators do respawn (and they will occasionally) and they appear from the celestial realm to claim or contest an objective that your opponent would otherwise be scoring points from I can bet you that your opponent wont be so happy about your free unit.

>withered asshole
good stuff right there, I laughed.

Is massed Way watchers a viable option?