Warhammer 40,000 General

The new triunvarite is for the tau, bow to your new overlords edition.

>previous thread
>THIS IS THE ROSTER CREATOR, WE LOVE POINTING IT OUT SO PLEASE ASK FOR IT!
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit but it'll read 3s.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQs and errata
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Rubricae beware, we've been given a wraithvacuum wraithcleaner by our Craftworld friends in preparation for GS2)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=idvB-58uKjE
youtu.be/aK_DHwH8Q-M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

New kroot and other alien units units when?

2nd for Night Lords

First for Curzefag did nothing wrong.

Except we can't even talk about NL because that turbo autist ruined everything.

New stormtrooper models when?

This is the only reason I like Tau, they're a ton of assimilated alien races, but theres only kroot and vespids.

Who is Curzefag?

and Kroot and Vespid aren't even good. I wish they were. It would be nice to see them on the table. I'm hopeful that in 8th ed Tau empire will get expanded with model ranges and books for the auxiliaries. It'll need to get expanded so that it can stand against Grand Alliance Order 40k.

I won't judge you, user. Tell me why you like Night Lords.

The only good thing about him was that he could make Carnac rage quit every time he showed it's horrible head.

I feel like they may be unwilling to give them more auxiliaries because then Tau would have even more options. I remember in lore there being a race of lizard men type aliens that are quite tough. You'd basically be giving the Tau a front line bruiser to absorb charges better than anything else they have.

A namefag who husbandos Konrad.

Not him but terror tactics are cool

It's fun to indulge in pure edge sometimes.
It's why I like Dark Eldar too.

Then give them a supplement like FE that doesnt allow fuckhuge robots and markerlights, but gives them an army of assimilated aliens races.

Hmmmm....

I'm trying to think if a Grand Master with the Soul Glaive and a Psilencer with a 5 man unit of Paladins with 2 psilencers would be worth it. Just cast force easy because Soul Glaive lets you reroll failed tests to harness Force. Which means 18 S4 AP- Instant Death shots from the unit, as well as having all their melee weapons become ID as well. So no FnP and auto remove any multiwound models without EW.

Thoughts?

well if they nerfed suits a bit and gave Tau other options we'd get to see some variations in their builds. It'd be nice to see something besides a mess of suits and drones every time i played against Tau. Just put them in different codexs. Different lines that are battle brothers with Tau. Codex Kroot shapers Codex Vespid Codex lizard men Codex Squats. ....Yeah that'll never happen.

Psilencers are often overlooked but I feel like they'd be really funny against Greater Daemons that don't get the right gifts.

Iirc, Curzefag is a legit gril.

Proofs?

Played 1500 Tau against the Death Guard detachment tonight. Rolled the kill points mission, Dawn of War, went second, seized.

Thought I'd try out fortifications tonight. Built a void relay with 3x barricades and tanglewire for my gunline.
List was OSC + CAD: Fireblade, 2 strike teams, 2 dual flamer Crisis on a void relay, 2 deepstrike dual plasma crisis, 1 piranha, 6 pathfinders, 2 remoras, iontide.

The fortifications were useless, the bike commander and his Spawn just charged over the fortifications and never engaged the void shield, same for the winged Prince. Quad torrent is fun, but seems like it's only effective against things regular tau shooting can beat.

Toys beat boys in this instance, he killed 9 units and I killed 6, even though I had slightly more points left on the board when the game ended.

I've played a lot of bikes and Nurgleites lately and they exploit some of the Tau's biggest weaknesses, I think I just need to go with a hunter contingent and get more Broadsides on the field.

I've been doing some reading and I've not found anything to support that. My warboss can still read The Art of War IN SPACE!!!

I've heard stories of ID Psilencers managing to kill a Tervigon or even DP that were at full health with one shot.

>tfw realize that DPs and Greater Daemons don't have EW
>DPs only have 4 wounds

To be honest, are they even constitute enough of a presence within the Tau Empire to contribute anything of note to their military?

I keep hearing the Tau massively outnumber the other races in their Empire, and that cloning is likely to keep it that way in their military en devours.

Bullshit, Konrad Curze isn't a Tyranid.

The Codex isn't physically written in code, iirc, but it never leaves the Fortress Monstery's Librarium, wherein it's tactics are used effectively to confuse opponents by having the chapter change their colors, orders, and tactics to both suit their needs and throw off their enemy before they can follow their movements, therefore rendering it uncrackable.

Which is why it bugs me that Farsight managed to crack it.

My little sister likes Ultramarines, so there!

No bully please..
Just fiddling with some ideas for my guard army as I've recently gotten back into things, I believe I've followed the rules for the combined arms formation.
I've got the chimera for taking objectives and a blob of conscripts to soak up/dish out damage with orders. The commissar is attached to the conscripts for summary execution/giving them the leadership bonus.
Any thoughts? Would love feedback

This.

If you bring the suits down a bit and remove the combined overwatch you can have your bruisers. Specialize them more so you need to take other selections to round out your army. Tau should lose flexibility if they run a straight no-auxillary list.

For one, their dark blue with lightning is legitimately interesting, and I had fun painting this dude.

Like all CSM, they're edgelords, but unlike all CSM, they don't try to hide it. They're like palpatine from the prequels, who was an evil bastard who loved being an evil bastard. The NL are just like "Fuck it, stick him on these spikes, but gimmie his skin first. I need a new robe. What? Nah don't kill him. It'll be hilarious." I don't have to pretend that I'm some noble fallen warrior because I get to be a legitimate Saturday morning cartoon villain. They're just fucking criminals that were turned into space Marines, and the emperor was just sort of cool with it.

Their old Batman motif is even better. The bat helmets are so over the top that its impossible to take seriously, and I plan on getting a set or two for chosen and/or champions.

Besides the over the top Edgeus Maximus, they have an interesting and different "style" of combat. Other space Marines, chaos or not, generally prefer to run in for the glory of combat, but the NL are cool just sneaking around and murdering you in your sleep. The best fight for them isn't a fight at all, which to me stands out more than the other legions. I wish that showed more in 40k like it does in 30k, where they get bonuses for running away, but also for out numbering you in combat. Stealth and fear is cool and thematic, but they still don't feel like NL.

[Citation Still Needed that all chapters do it exactly like that and no copies are made]

Also, no crumbled/crumbling chapter has ever had their Fortress Monastery looted?

It's not written in code persay, but it wouldn't be written in a way an Ork could comprehend, let alone read. Also the chances of an Ork getting one is stupidly low.
Which is why your idea is bad.
It would be better if he found a random old book, told the other Orks it "Waz dat 'umie thinga-ma-jig, codie war words" and just pretends to read it to "'iz Boyz" while copying what he has seen Space Marines do in past wars.

I feel like that's exactly what an Ork Warboss would do, actually.

No copies are made.
God, do some fucking research on the codex before you have your Orks use one, or stop shitting up Veeky Forums with the denial of your terrible idea. No, 5 minutes of googling isn't research.

I'm getting 350 for my tax refund. What should I waste my money one? Thinking Blood Bowl, a Bloodthirster, or start up an Iron Hands army.

Yeah I am pretty impressed I came up with it actually. Took that regard to inspire me. Makes me want to make that Ork army now...

BB is fun if you can get some buddies to play with and start a league.

I'm not that guy though.

>the knowledge about writing has long been lost to the Imperium

Another angle

Collateral damage

>They're just fucking criminals that were turned into space Marines, and the emperor was just sort of cool with it.
Im glad someone thought this was a good idea.

There is a disturbance in the force OP. An Aeldari prophecy that Farsight has one of the five blades of Ynead. The worst of the five blades. He is prophesied to bring doom to the universe.

All we can hope is this is witch trickery and misinformation.

youtube.com/watch?v=idvB-58uKjE

Great citation, also not the user who wants to do it. I've just never seen anything about the codex being a one per chapter permanently at home relic, but the last time I read through a SM codex was 4e, so I wanted to know where it was stated since you seemed so sure.

Only if you play them as Codex Marines, but as orky as possible like only taking things that Orks would have. Paint their armor blue, use UM tactics, use "looted" rhinos and shit, ect.

I can't remember the citation to be honest, but it was through that period where GW tried to convince us that the codex wasn't a shit idea (IE, Tau get a copy and then can guess the Marines every move forever)

Chapters go renegade or have their fortresses ransacked often enough that it's not impossible for an Ork warlord to get its hands on one.

>No, it's a game, which means you can't have fun with it!

How much are you guys going to hate me if I say I like and want to play Eldar?

>My Ork Warboss shoots planet destroying lasers with his eyes
>HURR DURR it's a good idea guys cos so much fun

A lot.
But then again, many a man questions his own sexuality at one point or another.

Good thing I'm not straight then.

That is the problem. You should be collecting Tau.

>What if there are Orks that try to mimic the Codex Astartes?
>NO THAT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN IN THE FLUFF FUCK OFF REEEEEEE

Kek.

Tau are too gay, even for me.

I literally had that idea and like it.
He said they are literally reading it, which does make me REEE

>Literally

>Good thing I'm not straight then.
Why am I not surprised.
Burns like purifying fire. Kek
I imagine some insane hilarious hijinks. I mean it's a possibility, just cause it hasn't happened doesn't mean it can't. Say the warboss finds on a deserted planet the codex of a long disbanded chapter. The codex is damaged so he has to improvise
>RIGHT YOU GROTS, IT SES ERE THIS STEEL RAIN FING, YOU GOTTA... UHHH... YA GOTTA FIRE YA DAKKAS IN THE AIR UNTIL THE BULLETS FALL ON DA UMIES!! YEAH!!
>YUS DA SMARTEST BOSS! THAT'LL WORK!
>COURSE IT WILL YA GROT, THAT'S WHY IM DA BOSS ROUND HERE. NOW GET YA DAKKAS READY

Orks are too slow to use the Codex Astartes
>I2

What originally got you into 40K? Was it the modelling and painting, the lore and artwork, or the actual game itself?

Also, what about 40K appeals to you or what is your favorite aspect of it? I'm just curious to see why everyone else is into the hobby.

>>RIGHT YOU GROTS, IT SES ERE THIS STEEL RAIN FING, YOU GOTTA... UHHH... YA GOTTA FIRE YA DAKKAS IN THE AIR UNTIL THE BULLETS FALL ON DA UMIES!! YEAH!!

>How The Orks Invented Artillery

Is it possible to find instructions for building various models online?

I got ahold of some Imperial Guard vehicles that are off sprue and completely disassembled (long story) and I am not 100% sure how to assemble them.

Farsight's sword is clearly Necron tech.

>How The Orks Invented Artillery
Why can I picture this perfectly?
>UH BOSS THE STEEL RAIN FING INT WORKING
>COURSE IT WILL!! YOU JUST... UGH... NEED BIGGA DAKKAS!!!
>YEAH!! BIGGA DAKKAS!!

Vagina faces can't even fuck? Kek

Nice Centurion conversion

I remember reading through this mountain of rules, art, and lore around space hulk as a child and finding it fascinating. Later I got some second hand RT era marines and painted them with enamel paints. Then one day I bought the citadel starter paint set, and a space marine bike. It was then that I was truly damned.

Fifteen years later and I am still playing with plastic army men. Kind of sad, when you think about it. I took an eight year break in between to throw away my youth on some mmorpg.

Stop using this shitty builder if you cant read your fucking codex retard. This list is illegal.

Which one?

May I remind you that this is the same faction that features
>A Warboss time traveling back in time, killing himself so he could have two of his favorite guns
>A Big Mek attaching rockets to asteorids to "loot" an entire planet
>A different Big Mek creating a giant Shokk Attack Gun out of a Space Hulks
>A Snakebite tribe keeping Nids as livestock, then releasing them onto planets they invade to make invading them more fun

I don't think Orks finding and mimicing the Codex Astartes is entirely outlandish

Weeeew lad, salty much. You could lower those autism levels and kindly point out where it's illegal, or do you not have the required social skills?
I don't mind it if people say it's wrong/shit but have the common decency to point out where it's wrong, cause I clearly can't see it.

Well maybe if you read your fucking codex you wouldn't need to ask. It isn't autism to point out that if you want to use software to fast track your listbuilding you should have some experience with the codex and building lists beforehand.

You have to take at least two Infantry Squads per platoon.

>ME TOO DUMB TO READ CODEX
>ME BULLY AUTISTIC NERD TO WRITE MY LIST FOR ME

You're in the wrong place if you want to be cuddled. If you have problems reading ask your mom to help.

I've been playing 40K for about a month and a half.

I've played a lot of the 40K videogames over the years but didn't get into the actual tabletop game until a short time ago when I decided to check prices on a whim. I had always heard that the hobby was extremely expensive, so I was just planning on doing some window shopping originally. I almost instantly bought a Start Collecting box, played a couple games at my FLGS, realized I was having a lot of fun, and am now up to about 1500 points worth of models.

Honestly I've been thinking of buying a gun for the past 5-6 months but there is a part of me that is afraid of what I might do if I have one so I've been looking for things to spend my spare income on so I wouldn't be able to afford one. First it was upgrading my PC, now it's Warhammer.

Posted in the other thread, but posting here, now. Need help with the edge lords.

I don't know what to build, guys. I have Deldar and Night Lords. Rules don't really matter because they both more or less suck. I haven't really done much with either at this point.

For Deldar, I have a pair of SC and some other shit like scourges and a venom. All I have assembled is most of a SC besides a few weapons and raider bits.

For the Night Lords, I was planning on making it 30k, but I can't afford the stupid FW shit needed. Anyway, I have both HH boxes, 2 drop pods, a box of raptors, and a box of normal CSM. All that's together is one dude, but he's painted at least.

I'm legit torn between them, and the worst part is that I'll probably never get to use either of them anyway because no one plays in my area. If I can't choose, I might just pack them up and be done with 40k.

Yes I accept this.
I don't accept a dumb fungus brute being the one to undo the codex Astartes by getting a copu, and using SM tactics word for word.

>ME TOO DUMB TO READ CODEX
>ME BULLY AUTISTIC NERD TO WRITE MY LIST FOR ME
Lets be fair, he was pretty autistic.
>You have to take at least two Infantry Squads per platoon.
There you go, oversight on my part, my bad. I'd made lists and such beforehand and just forgot to follow that rule this time. It comes with being a little bit retarded/newfag
But cuddles are nice user.

>>A Snakebite tribe keeping Nids as livestock, then releasing them onto planets they invade to make invading them more fun
What? Where?

which else? world of warcraft

it was't my first mmorpg, but it was the first one to stick for more than a month or two at a time. Eventually I realized I wasn't having fun and just stopped. I've gone back to it a few times, but never for very long. I fell in love with Wildstar too, but it broke my heart with the game's population died out within three months of the subscription release, two months of the f2p release, and just one month of the steam release.

Some where along the way I got back into 40k somehow. I don't fully know how it happened, because I had wanted to play Scions initially, but I ended up with a Dark Vengeance box.

I still like Scions, but somehow I've ended up with just about everything else. Chaos Marines, Dark Angels, Inquisition, and recently a handful of Orks. I've also got a lot of my really old Ultramarines, Grey knights (the metal ones), and khorne bersekers (about 60 of them like holy crackers if I ever want to field some 1500 points of footslogging berserkers...)

>When user doesn't take the bait: the post

Anyone else feel that 40k would be a better game without HQ units?

Why do people say that Night Lords hate Chaos and don't use daemons when their leader is a Daemon Prince?

>Leader
yeah im sure that works out fucking well for him and not a single NL has ever told him to piss off and did their own thing

They dont use demons, they get used by demons
They do hate chaos, they hated the Exalted

I would say you'll get more value for your time by making Night Lords, but if nobody players 40k near you there isn't a chance in hell you'll get any 30k games. Even so, I'd still say make them, since if you end up having to travel to play they are more resilient to the wear and tear of travel imho.

Lots of them didn't. Please read the fluff before posting this denial garbage.

I'm er.. Kinda curious as to where in God's clean earth that gif came from..

I would like them more if they primarily supported your army while (depending on said army) being a cut above random joes.

I'm not really a fan of the herohammer approach that 40k is sliding towards. I didn't care for it in FB and I don't want to see it now.

I like HQ units.

They represent the fundamental shift between warfare in modern times and warfare in 40K.

In modern times a person in command is in a base a hundred miles away watching some sort of satellite feed and communicating via radio. In 40K the person in command is right there on the front lines shoving their chainsword up some demon's ass.

youtu.be/aK_DHwH8Q-M
They have a lot of videos

HQs are fine. The problem HQs are deathstars like Smashfucker, but these days most competitive deathstars are a synergistic combo of an HQ and the elite assaulty unit of choice, so removing HQs would only gimp them, not remove them. The exception is, of course, Imperial superfriends, but that should be neutered in other ways than removing all the HQs.

Also Daemons players would never forgive you.

And more of them do. The NL trilogy really hammers it in that a lot of them hate the fuck out of chaos and while Krieg has a sizable warband, its nothing compared to the size of Night Lords who fucked off and did their own thing. Please read more than a 1d4chan page before posting this garbage.

I like the way heroes are balanced in AoS. They have a good hero ability, usually granting sweet support to your army, and they are clearly a cut above, but they are still just one model and easily swarmed, and the cost a fortune in points, as much as entire unit, sometimes two, of infantry

Granted, things like reserves are not allowed by default in AoS, so you need a hero that allows their use to use them.

Balancing HQs in the same way in 40k would be a lot of work. They would have to un-clusterfuck the psychic phase, for one.

Well I was always peripherally aware of it, and I had an interest, but I didn't want to get into it by myself. Then I came back from working in Asia and learned that my good friend had started playing while I was gone, and I took it as a sign that it was time to start. Haven't looked back since. Oddly enough I don't actually play with that guy much, but I've met a lot of new people through the hobby who I get along with pretty well and game with pretty regularly.

/r/warhammerinstructions or something like that

Fuck. You sound too much like me. right down to the horde of Berzerkers. It hurts man, no offense of course.

At least there's me Maelstrom of Gore although I was actually thinking of selling my old Chaos shit recently...

They are going to. 8th ed is coming, and we are gonna see a massive overhaul of the rules when it hits this summer.