Big bad wolf

So, fa/tg/uys, how exactly do we made the werewolves menacing and interesting again? Or are they relegated to secondary characters who exists only to fill the generic antagonist to vampires in your average teen show?

Other urls found in this thread:

paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
youtube.com/watch?v=Dwh6EigKCWs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>how exactly do we made the werewolves menacing and interesting again?
we don't change them to appeal the furry/edgy teen targets.

>Not appealing to furries,
>Making them not appealing to degenerates who would fuck anything alive

So, it's a lost cause?

>werewolf fur is sharp and painful
>werewolves can summon more werewolves
>werewolves get maces for hands
>werewolf feet are slippery and propel them
>the werewolf is Jesus
any of these will do

Make them primarily quadrapeds. Focus on making them scary and ugly, not cool. Blend human and canine features in unflattering or subtle ways. No good werewolves, ever. No in control werewolves, ever. No shamanism. No furfag shit. No clans or packs. This is not a superpower, it's a curse. A werewolf should spend it's entire night killing and gorging itself in a frenzy, eating so much its belly risks bursting. In fact, do that in a combat encounter - have the werewolf stretch while dodging, and its gut just rips open, spilling out half-eaten men, animals, unidentifiable offal. And it doesn't even slow down, its flesh just knits before your eyes around its past meal.

It's an affliction, not a super power. Transformations happen only on a full moon or maybe some other appropriately unfortunate time. The transformation is painful and the beast form is horrifying to behold, not an elegant mix of man and wolf. While transformed the afflicted loses all control but is trapped in their own mind like someone with sleep paralysis.

In short, make werewolves werewolves again.

If you can't make a nearly indestructible giant wolf-man creature who want to eat you menacing there is really something wrong with you.

The minute you assign any domesticated like properties or mannerisms youve doomed a concept into being fap fodder. This also goes for any animalistic or beast like races as well. The simple answer is that you embrace the predatory and lethal aspects of the legend or animal to make it a threat.

Also on that not werewolves and most importantly player werewolf characters should never have tails. Its the sort of appendage that degenerates will latch onto to be emotive and cutesie. Just dont do it man.

>how exactly do we made the werewolves menacing and interesting again?
They are ugly as sin, stink of shit and blood and the most coherent thought they can muster is "eat".

The simple answer is to close the hatches and stick to your original concept. If you cater to furries you're just making fap bait, but if you go all out making it bestial and repulsive in a futile attempt to placate anti-furry autists, you're just making something no one will actually want to play.

>nearly indestructible

That's the problem: werewolves are not immortal. Even on old legends, the average hunter could harm a wolf with a regular arm, like a knife (haven't heard about the guy who cut a paw from a giant wolf, put it inside a bag and when retrieve it, it was his wife's hand?), and you can bet your ass, players will do their best to try to kill it with any mean possible.

Just pointing and laughing at them while the werewolf shrugs at everything they do is borderline That DM.

Too far gone to save werewolves for me. Can't stop thinking about dicks. Vampires on the other hand since that's apart of them already can.

Who fucking cares? Let the werewolves be sexy.

>Can't stop thinking about [werewolf] dicks

Femanon spotted

Newbie DM here

I want to run a game, a werewolf being the BBG, the players being regular humans in a gothic or victorian setting. No magic, or available only to some outcast NPC, being limited to basic healing or divination.

So, how do I play with the themes proposed in this thread (it's a curse, the wolf form is ugly, the humans are prey to some supernatural being) without giving away earlier in the game what or who the BBG is?

>using werewolf as an average monster
If you want to make a monster scary you need to do other thing than "you walk in the forest at night you see a werewolf, roll for initiative". That's why I love Ravenloft as a setting, here you can make your monster really scary because it's the horror plane, and after some time your players start to learn that you don't try to fight most monster like you fight your usual gobelin.

>if you go all out making it bestial and repulsive in a futile attempt to placate anti-furry autists, you're just making something no one will actually want to play.
GW and their beastmen beg to differ.

I'm going to be getting into my first WoD game soon. When my (soon to be) GM has made a point of saying "You're gonna get wolfed, son", I think I'm plenty scared of werewolves already.

More seriously, my GM has houserules that make Werewolves more powerful, with a werewolf having just as much potential for world-breaking bullshit as a vampire. The stories...

Make them tear themselves out of their human form when they transform, leaving behind a pile of rancid human flesh. Same when they transform back. Make them larger and more ferocious than regular wolves, not to mention absolutely unstoppable and indomitable. If the werewolf has his eyes on you, you're absolutely fucked. They should be impervious to pain and ignore any injures save for mortal wounds. A huge, unstoppable beast burning with rage who's driven entirely by the desire to eat you has got to be absolutely terrifying.

Just play them straight.

Shit, you don't even have play them completely straight. WoD werewolves are scary even if they're not technically cursed. Even their society is scary - they're a bunch of anachronistic, backward, stubbornly traditionalist assholes that will destroy and murder for reasons entirely arcane to the common man.

Just don't present them as sexy sex monsters. And accept that some people are weird and will find what most don't attractive anyway. An alarming number of women find Tyranids sexy FFS, something being someone's fetish is not the GM's or the concept in question's fault. Just don't play into that fetish - if you want a werewolf to be a monster, and your retarded furry player rolls to seduce, have it react like a monster and rip him to shreds.

Make the transmutation from man into a werewolf a slow, gradual, excrutiating process, like something that takes months to complete, slowly but surely eroding the psyche of the accursed.

It's not some woof-woof instincts kicking in that turn the werewolves-to-be into bloodthirsty, mindless monsters, it's the physical agony and the horror of inhabiting such a freakish body and metabolism.

all of the ideas in this thread are shit and completely ruin the core idea of what a werewolf is just because some furries find them sexy

So daily "werewolf vs. vampire" threads are the new daily "martials vs. casters" threads?

Wolf, yes! Yes!

Very definitely, a wolf

He point is to focus on the rip and tear part of nature and tone down the more approachable qualities of pets. Werewolves being abominations doesnt mean they have to be putrid.

In general though Ive often found especially with monstergirls and beast races once you start giving them aspects of pets they just become a joke or fap material.

In truth though if you cant handle someone fapping to something theres no help for you. But by putting the subject in a certain light you can mitigate it to some extent. Its all about tone and the atmosphere you put the creature in, if your tone is 'I wag my tail and pant like a pupper' you just gave tumblr writing material and zipper access.

Accept the fact that no matter what you do, someone will be aroused in some fashion. Turning up the monstrosity is just appealing to a somewhat nicher audience.

Turn lycanthropy into more of a plague than a curse, like some kind of super AIDS. It gradually shuts down the immune system, allowing for the plague to take over, at which point it makes slow changes to the victim's musculature and bone structure. Degradation of the brain's temporal lobe causes the victim to lose higher functions and increased hair growth causes a layer of fur to develop. By the time the transformation is complete, they're pretty much just angry plague bombs.

"We" makes them menacing by just having them in games we GM, in which they're dangerous and not like pop fantasy shows for teenagers. It's that simple.

Shit idea.

That's a ghoul. Nobody thinks ghouls are interesting

The moon association wasn't even a notable part of werewolf myths until hollywood. It was actually the marker for when werewolves stopped being werewolves

what do you guys think about link related
>paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/

what are your expectations?

That last part is fucking brutal

I saw an American Werwolf in London and I loved it, it didnt have any twist to the werwolf genre but I liked how it wasnt glorified in any way,( unlike Twilight or Underworld), it's a curse, you can't control it and you are hopeless.
Also add other factor to the transformation, I feel like the full moon is too easy to predict, the accursed could have someone lock him up during this period or go far far away from civilisation

So make the transformation happens more often at the least ideal moment, when the accursed is being emotional, be it from anger, hapiness, sadness.
Also to plagiarise BloodBorne a bit, the more you try to resist it, the more violent the transformation will be.
Another negative thing would be that the curse make the person more violent, weird and prone to make people or animals feel uneasy at his presence

I'd say a lot of red herring (literally) but if the setting is victorian the player will assume it's a werewolf.
I'd say lead them to think it's a vampire but it's lame. Maybe lead them to think it's some Jack the Ripper type of guy? Or is it to cliché?

You can also keep this whole BBG in the background, and make the player quest being slighty unrelated to him, go crescendo with the danger, from small street urchin to sick ass wolf man, maybe make him someone they know .

Make the transformation permanent. And suffering and long.

Specify what they represent, and base their powers and behavior around that.

In the last thread like this, I said it would be cool if lycanthropy could only be spread to extreme sadists with no empathy, acting like a serial-killing enabler. The imagery fits because such people are predatory, and their evil is inborn and all-natural.

Maybe vampires could represent evil that arises from affiliation to certain groups, like gangs, the mob, "evil rich people" (whatever flavor of which you like best), hereditary dictatorships, world-spanning oppressive conspiracies, etc.

If you don't like them being symbols of those two things, it's not hard to come up with more. The idea is to return the allegorical aspect to it, and build off of that.

Have the victims of the curse remember everything about their transformations vividly, like clearer than they remember most other things about their mundane lives so that when it afflicts someone who doesn't enjoy murder or revel in carnage, they're haunted by those memories constantly
Maybe even have their mind grow gradually addled outside the wolf form, they just dwell in the memories of the wolf and slowly wither and shit while in the wolf form all their sensations are sharp and vibrant, the smells and tastes and every sound etc but they're 0% in control and just kill indiscriminately so at the same time they long for it and abhor it or something

It's funny the frequency at which fa/tg/uys seem to want these mindless killing machines to directly combat the horrifying realization that somewhere out there are people who might jack off to them. The irony being this fascination with herculean, bloodthirsty testosterone is so much more cliched and overcompensating that it's even more embarrassing then what is perceived as "too furry". Every mythical creature of legend has multiple origins and aesthetics, and stuff like WoD's Vampire line even bases its whole lore around having practically ALL of these interpretations coexisting at once. But werewolves get no such allowance, because if they're not overdone parodies of some "RIP N TEAR" meme they're evidently just someone's fetish fuel.

It's equally baffling how narrow Veeky Forums wants its werewolves to be when wolves themselves have long since shed their own misconceptions. Apart from the fact that you have a better chance of being struck my a meteor than attacked by a wild wolf, their whole alpha-omega hierarchy has also been thoroughly debunked. People used to fear them because of ignorance, and wolves fear men more than a lot of other apex predators. Why would a man turning into a wolf suddenly make him crazy? It should make him smarter, more wary, and more relaxed for having shed civilization's trappings. A man who is a murderer as a werewolf would obviously be just as nuts without lycanthropy in his veins.

I've personally never found werewolves scary, and if you want some kind of soulless body horror transformation you're better off just sticking to Lovecraftian knockoffs. There's no reason to keep bashing your head over trying to make werewolves "scary" again when the only reason you want to do so is for tradition's sake. The only point to these threads seems to be, "How can we portray werewolves so that furries won't be attracted to them anymore?" which is as shallow as it is fruitless. Stop letting internet subcultures dictate what you are allowed to enjoy.

>Why would a man turning into a wolf suddenly make him crazy?
It's a fantasy curse, you autistic retard

Here's my two cents: you can't stop people who want to sexualize the werewolf. No matter how you twist it and change it, they'll still manage something in their heads. Just do your best to keep any of it from entering your game, while not trying to limit yourself because you're afraid of what will and won't be seen as attractive.

That said, I think werewolves are most menacing in the context - a small village near the dark woods, a farming community out on the moors. Vampires work best in urban sprawls or crumbling castles. But, you can make something of switching the two around - imagine a party heading through a ruined, moss-covered castle when suddenly a werewolf barrels at them from across a dining hall, because guess who was hiding in the abandoned castle to try and wait out his transformations safely?

I don't think the werewolf has to be drastically changed - the rather cliche version is still a solid killing machine that will scare any party at least a little. Trying to change it up too much just makes it seem like you're trying too hard.

>how exactly do we made the werewolves menacing and interesting again
>tumblr

Well thats the first step in the wrong direction.

Fuck off furfag

>This thread again
We have this thread about once a week, and have discussed this numerous times at length

The answer i its all in the seriousness of the presentation, as well as deciding to not give a flying fuck as to what others think since it will always be contrary to what your hope.

Even if you don't make them sexual, there will always be furfags who will fap to it (see Bloodborne)
Even if you don't make it sexual or furry, there will always be autistic spergs who will always accuse you of being a furry regardless of how its presented (See any thread on Veeky Forums whenever werewolves are brought up)

No matter what you want or are trying to do, its a moot point since no matter how menacing or serious or "Interesting" it is, people will still think its degenerate furfaggotry.

It absolutely does not matter, and no matter how "interesting" you make it you will either have people who completely ignore ts interesting qualities, or who will disparage you for changing the formula too much.

The only answer is to do what you think is right, play with people who aren't autists or spergs, and just stop caring about what people outside of your group think.

Honestly, Veeky Forums, if I had to choose between furries and the edgy gore crowd I'd take the furries any day. At least their games can have more layers than "everything sucks".

My DM turned me into a Nothic after getting infected. The best thing to do with ware wolves is just change the skin and name but keep the rest the same.

Like the Witcher did.

It's a balls to the wall monster that may in fact be an innocent person.

My party usually knows fighting a Werewolf is a bad idea because they hit hard and fast and are intelligent enough to flank and use tactics.

Hell, last time I used a Werewolf the party ended up hunkering down in a church for the night after it silently killed the cleric.

So you combine the fact that it's a tough and difficult enemy to face, with the fact that the party won't necessarily want to be ruthless with it?

You're wrong, dude.

Werewolves aren't wolves. They're monsters that are everything we fear about wolves turned up to 11. Animals with sin, more or less.

Give this user a medal of honor.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Looking for the word werewolf on OP within the last month, the 4plebs archive displays 29 threads. Yeah, that's a shit load... except the large, large majority of those threads are WoD, and from the remaining ones, like half are unrelated to the topic, like one of those mage guild meetings thread.

In short, the only "true" werewolf vs vampires threads that have been posted in this month are three... including this one.

How does this qualify as "daily" or such?

Give them huge guns. You know increased strength allows them to wield things like .50 cal machine guns and 20mm AT-rifles.

>something no one will actually want to play.

Isn't that kind of the point? A werewolf shouldn't be something someone should want to play.

Also adding to this they can wear enough armor to stop vampires (who would need to fire them stationary) from trying to use weapons like that against them basically needing explosive weapons to take them down.

Lurk more, I've been here since 2010, and this thread gets made every month or so, and it's almost always the same answers each and everytime

>lurk more

could you be any more reddit?

May I ask why?

>lurk more
>a phrase originally used on Veeky Forums to stop idiots from posting without understanding board culture and procedure
>a turn that has always been used to tell newfags to stop being retarded and to shut the fuck up
>reddit
No user, you are the leddit

>werewolves can summon more werewolves
Your idea attracts more werewolves. Roll 1d100 to see how many.

>I've been here since 2010

meet the newfag

Give it wendigo rules.
Guy makes the decision to sacrifice his humanity/soul and in return he gets to be a sickkunt. None of that dr jack and mr hide "im a regular guy, but i was CURSED to be a monster" shit. No, the werewolf started out as a bad person and doesn't mind going on uncontrollable rampages as long as he can rip people apart when they drink his milk or something. Or at the very least they get tricked into it, deal with the devil type thing.

I made a super original character for my first game as a GM for my retard friends.
Newlyweds traveling, they're camping under the full moon. Bandits come, kill the wife and leave him for dead. As he lays there, empty darkness gradually eclipsing his world, the god of assholes appears and offers him a deal, he'll give him revenge at a cost. He doesn't get to explain the cost because our guy already accepted. Turns into a werewolf, tracks bandits down and kills them all horribly. In the morning he wakes up back in human form, takes his wife's body back home and buries her. A while later the grief has completely ruined his life, the only times he can escape it is by turning and hunting animals in the woods, losing himself in the beast more and more each time. One morning he doesn't turn back human and does the werewolf thing to his entire village. Now there's an empty town with a monster in it.

Where will suffer from something most horror monsters do nowadays, Oversaturation, it's hard to take them seriously due to how many times you see them in pop culture or old/bad horror movies. That doesn't mean a good storyteller can't put them to good use, it just means the main points are a known trope and most of their innate horror has been lost, despite this the reasons they were horrifying in the first place still hold true, loss of control, giving into violent urges, body horror, the threat predation, the fear of a killer among us, even if the party knows what the threat is these things can still be played up in the hands of a good storyteller

Werewolves suffer from something most horror monsters do nowadays, Oversaturation, it's hard to take them seriously due to how many times you see them in pop culture or old/bad horror movies. That doesn't mean a good storyteller can't put them to good use, it just means the main points are a known trope and most of their innate horror has been lost, despite this the reasons they were horrifying in the first place still hold true, loss of control, giving into violent urges, body horror, the threat predation, the fear of a killer among us, even if the party knows what the threat is these things can still be played up in the hands of a good storyteller

>fucking AutoCorrect

Mine looks like rabid myxomatosed beings. Their eyes are glued by mucus, their teeth grows and they have spots of fur growing in strange places.
It gets transmited by saliva (so biting).

They're never named werewolves but the reference is obvious.

Werewolves represent the same fear that drove people to fear wolves in medieval times: fear of predators. They're not wolves. They're not natural. They're not constrained by the same social and physiological dynamics that drive real-life animals. They're a fantastical interpretation of a very fundamental fear, and represent that fear by being vicious killing machines.

This. Humanizing werewolves can work if you're aiming for a more 'young adult novel' style of game, but if you want them to be monsters, you have to actually make them monsters. Sometimes it's self-defeating to let your players have their cake and eat it too.

They are wolves that really hate humanity

They hate humanity so much that they pray to wolf god for a better way to kill humans. Wolf God gives them a human form to infiltrate human towns. The human form has no memory of being a wolf, it finds it's own kind and starts a life. All the while the wolf watches from inside it's human suit, looking for times to strike

The wolf can assert some of it's form and will when it needs too. However wolves are drawn to the moon, the full moon especially. No wolf can resist the full moon.

The wolf can also leave it's human body for a few seconds. In this time it is vulnerable and hairless, capable of squeezing into tight places like and octopus. In this state it can wiggle into a new host through a grievous gash. The old body will likely die or live but with an empty feeling. The wolf will die without a new body.

Of course this assumes that in this setting there are clans of wolves that are smart enough to learn magic, have priests and wage wars of espionage.

>Why would a man turning into a wolf suddenly make him crazy?

I don't know maybe we should ask Nari Lokison?

Oh wait we can't, because his brother was transformed into a wolf, went insane, and ripped him to pieces.

Funny that.

This picture is perfect. Instead of a human body with wolf fur and features stretched over it, a canine body with humanoid ones.

Play them straight and don't use them in a vacuum, a werewolf is as much an adventure hook as it is a monster.

It's a curse do it came from somewhere and has a way of dispelling it. Be it a witches curse, a wicked wolf spirit, a Haunted Wood, or a malignant force from the Beast lands.

The afflicted turn back during the day and are unaware they're cursed and have no memory of what they do, so you also have intrigue of trying to discover who in a community the werewolf is.

Make them hulking, bulging freak-monsters that lope around on vaguely assymetrical monster limbs, like a frothing wolf-demon is constantly threatening to tear its way out of this body, you feel me?

Like constant murder-rabies on steroids, with a twisting, writhing mass of muscle and blood-soaked fur

I want to marry a ghoul!

Intelligent wolves that can take on the shape of humans to infiltrate their villages.
Also, the forest is dark and unknown, it's not a trivial thing to go off the beaten path even for adventurers. If you do there's no way for us to know what came back is really you.
youtube.com/watch?v=Dwh6EigKCWs

The most stupidly OP thing in WoD is mages. No exceptions.

>youtube.com/watch?v=Dwh6EigKCWs
So, am I just too dumb to get it?
What is supposed to be going on?

Christ that made me think of a werewolf with the human skin still on but stretched over the oversized canine form underneath, with maybe fur peaking out in places where the skin has torn
When they revert they heal those tears, but it leaves stretch mark reminiscent scars
Man if only I could draw

A strange thing has come out of the woods.

Werewolves are a metaphor for serial killers.

it's never to late

OP,give up.Werewolves are literally man + animal man domesticated 40k years ago.You can't make them scary without turning them into things that are werewolves in name only.

>man domesticated 40k years ago
Have you seen those players? No way are they domesticated

How about stop making them sympathetic in their monster form?
Like, treat it like an actual curse. Have them eat kids like in the middle ages, make them a goddamn monster again.

user.
Get the fuck out.
Lurk more has been a Veeky Forums phrase since 2006, I would know because I've been here even longer than that- get the FUCK out.

Look to the WoD or NWoD. They are not "wolves" so much as that is simply the best analogue most people can come-up with to describe such a hulking monstrosity.

This.

Thats pretty close to the Quebec myth for werewolves wich portrays them as mishapen disgusting dog-like creatures wich gorge themselves on people. They become cursed if they dont go to church for 9 years and can only be cured of their curse by having someone (usually a family member wich werewolves sometimes seek for help) put a cross on their forehead wich turns them human again. They then need to repent for their sins and confess themselves.

The problem is that that only really works until you get past level 5, then it boils down to

>"you walk in the forest at night and see a werewolf, roll for initiative."
>"I use [insert SoL/SoD spell here] on the werewolf."
>Okay...what's the DC?
>It's [insert high number here]
>Okay...it's over...

>what are your expectations?

"Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst."

I'm just hopinh is that they don't lose the core values of Werewolf the Apocalypse: its story should be about fighting against an overwhelming world-ending threat that you never seem to permanently win any ground against, but that you never give up the idea that it's still possible to win, no matter how hard it gets.

Even as you kill the spiritual monsters that plague mankind, mankind itself slowly poisons the earth anyway.

Why do so many of the remaining werewolves hope that tomorrow will be brighter, in the crap-tastic World of Darkness? Because hope is all they have left.

Easy you need to play the whole beast inside story more.

The problem with werewolves in most series now is they treat it as another from they shift into with the same personality and traits.

I think the witcher got it right with the most recent version of werewolves. They maintain their own thought but it's very hard to control their own rage, only a few can actually control it to the point of not attacking their allies and even then it takes a massive amount of will power.

I don't personally think there is any flaw in having a werewolf trait, but if you act like you have no repressed anger issues and it's all normal then there is a problem. Treat them more like the hulk.

Side note a character I wanna try is a werewolf monk just for the shit of it.

Werewolves aren't really that menacing or interesting, honestly. They're just beasts that eat people and are hard to kill. They're scary to some small hamlet of people who can't figure out how to deal with this shit, and the body horror aspect is alright, but to something like a player character who regularly faces down the kind of shit PCs have to deal with werewolves aren't a big deal. To something like a lord they aren't a big deal either; basically just a scary wolf that sometimes eats one of your peasants, just like everything else does to them. Might freak him out if his daughter or something was the werewolf though, but not much else.

That'd be the menacing aspect to them, I guess. Oh crap, my daughter is a werewolf and I can't seem to figure out how to cure her so I just lock her up in the dungeons once a month or whatever and this completely rules her life and shit like that.

But yeah, werewolves are minor threats at best, unless you have a pack of them running around converting people, but in that case it's easy to find them and wipe them out anyway so I dunno.

If the coward shot his brother and the person that returned from the forest is a mysterious being, how is it possible that the brother, a regular human being, would be alive after a small week of bleeding in the hole?
Another possibility is that when the coward came out of his hding spot what he encountered was in fact the mysterious being and his brother really was lost in the woods. But that raises too many question, why the hole (was it a nasty dream?), not looking at him (was it his paranoia playing tricks on him?) and how did the experienced hiker get lost?
A third possibility is that both hole brother and village brother are mysterious beings.

If you do werewolves as a big mean enemy you're doing it wrong.
Werewolves are not a known evil, they're not a comprehensible one.
You've got to go back. Way back. Before it was an involuntary transformation, before it was a pact with the devil

The wolf is symbolic of the beyond, the unknowable evil that lurks behind the treeline. When the fire has gone out, when the light is gone, the wolves come out. You know they did because they left spilled blood in their wake.
In modern times we do not need to concern ourselves with wolves as much. If they kill your livestock we go after them with our spears and bows during the day, on your terms, and we return to safely sleep in our beds during the night. In your sturdy wooden house you're save from the beyond, no dark thing can come in at night, until you hear a knocking and a panicked pleading to please open the door...

The werewolf, or manwolf, takes the beyond with him into village. It uses subterfuge to get close to you so it can devour you. It's like John Carpenter's the Thing. You don't know who you can trust, who is the monster? A werewolf uses your relationships with each other as a weapon, the love for your wife, the protective feelings towards your children, the hate for your rival, and your paranoia over the recent deaths.
Since werewolves come from the unknown, they themselves should be mysterious and unknowable. Weaknesses? You wish. Desires? Esotoric and different, to feed presumably, but what being posses such an unearthly large appetite? And what does the thing heit does with the remains mean? Powers? It can shapeshift, but what are the limits? It doesn't use it to fight, so probably no turning into a dragon, but you're not going to get exact rules to its abilities. How do you kill it? When you think you've discovered who it is, you hack it to death, hopefully. Gotta get sure you burn the body. Then you live the rest of your life in the fear that you killed an innocent being and the wolf is biding its time

Make sure that he has a pina colada in his hand and that his hair is perfect