Did anyone back Tales from the Loop? I'm really interested to see how the game plays. Does anyone with the...

Did anyone back Tales from the Loop? I'm really interested to see how the game plays. Does anyone with the .PDF of the game have any opinion on it?

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/1192053011/tales-from-the-loop-roleplaying-in-the-80s-that-ne/description
mediafire.com/file/82m2qd24ub8vyy5/Tales From the Loop Alpha.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bump for interest

Here's the campaign if anyone was interested. It's already over but has details on the game

kickstarter.com/projects/1192053011/tales-from-the-loop-roleplaying-in-the-80s-that-ne/description

Would also like to know more. Hopefully this thread can make it to ten posts without someone sperging out about MUH STRANGER THINGS BAZINGA POP CULTURE.

The art is honestly incredible. I love how immersive it is and it really tells a story. It really makes me excited for this game. If you haven't, you should look up the artist's site

This looks cool as all fuck, will buy.

After reading the alpha for the rulebook I have to say that the system is really restrictive on what kind of characters you can make and on the actual gameplay itself. You are forced into playing as teens, you can't even die, and the class/archetypes are just silly. Honestly what I've done is just took the setting and used the system from the Delta Green Roleplaying Game. That system is vastly superior and allows for more creativity than the system in Tales From the Loop. Really only get the book for the setting and lore, the system is garbage and not fun.

Where did you read the alpha for the rulebook?

I got it from an Archive thread a little while back I believe, I asked in the thread for it so it might be in the archive now. The site looked a little sketchy but it worked, don't have the link at hand though.

Never mind they got a new link up in the archive, here ya go boys and girls.
mediafire.com/file/82m2qd24ub8vyy5/Tales From the Loop Alpha.pdf

Big meme entirely dependant on its art to catch attention.

this guy is correct

So is it like Pendragon? Where the setting and system is laser-focused around one particular genera?

I haven't heard of that game but yeah that's the gist of it, this system really hammers in that you are some teen drama kid of some sorts in a "mystery" and that you are nothing else/will never be anything else. As I said in my previous post, the system leaves no room for creativity, you have to play this way or else the game does not work. Actually the setting itself is even more open than the system, it being more ambiguous with the whole nature of the loop and such. So yeah, get the book for the setting and lore while tossing out the system.

I mean one of the rules is that once your character gets to 18 that you are "too old to play" and you can no longer play with that character, it is very dumb.

Thanks user. The game system seems restrictive, but I feel like it would be fun for a few playthroughs. I'll probably pick it up for the art and lore alone.

>You are forced into playing as teens, you can't even die, and the class/archetypes are just silly. Honestly what I've done is just took the setting and used the system from the Delta Green Roleplaying Game. That system is vastly superior and allows for more creativity than the system in Tales From the Loop. Really only get the book for the setting and lore, the system is garbage and not fun.

I mean, this system requires you to play as a specific made-up cartoon character and his specific made-up sidekicks, and the specified villain, all within a premade setting.

A little restriction's not a bad thing.

I mean,,, it was made to capitalize of ST. Not that that's a bad thing really.

>Big meme entirely dependant on its art to catch attention.
So the next Degenesis?

Thanks for rooting the download up

Yeah, but some people get really upset because people like popular things. There are a couple posters on Veeky Forums who get triggered by the existence of Stranger Things.

this

Games with forms can be very rewarding by accepting the premise, mechanics and intent. Playing it through usually ends up a lot better than hanging out with a bunch of people who want to have their random power fantasies fulfilled with no cohesion.

>concept games = poetry with forms
>generics and everything games = freeform poetry

They also take less time. Some of us have jobs and shit.

I think its going to sell mostly because of the popularity of stranger things and because of the art associated with it. The system is fairly meh honestly, you could easily run a campaign in the setting better and in more depth with other systems.

It's like every random garbage tier indie RPG ever except also really dull and with no actual peril for the characters.

>steal the art
>run everything in another system
>profit

I don't understand why people get so buttmad about an RPG being bad. If you like the lore and don't like the crunch, what stops you from porting everything to another ruleset?

Whiny lil' babbies.