He doesn't have a camp follower dedicated to maximizing camp comfiness

>he doesn't have a camp follower dedicated to maximizing camp comfiness

Explain yourself, adventurer.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ADT6EUlFmiU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A group is only so strong as their weakest link. That would be our weakest link... and we do not want that.

>My fighter cooks
>The wizard and ranger make camp
>The rest feed the horses and do the dishes
Camp followers are expensive and fragile, OP

My old group had a tiefling street rat kid who was about eight or so who I paid for information and then eventually hired to be a hand around our mercenary office while acting as a bit of an informant. We left for a longer adventure, were kidnapped and put into a magitech version of the matrix for about a year, crashed a giant flying city, and returned to find that not only had the little fucker I placed in care of the operation grown the mercenary band a little, but he had also gotten into my avante-garde paintings.

I very nearly throttled him for the latter, but the former (and the massive bag of gold he left on my desk as a demonstration of how well things were going in our absence) convinced me not to break his horns off, stuff him in a dress, and sell him to the local lord as a "princess" as part of an elaborate plan to cede his throne.

Little fucker had his boots up on my tables, too. Charming.

This.

Why would I want to spend the money and resources protecting someone who can't hold their own when we're up the creek?

If the follower has some kind of personal significance or relation to me or another party member then maybe I'd be cool with it. Depending on the nature of the relationship and whether or not the follower is likable.

But otherwise fuck that.

My character is a robotic easy chair.

Are you implying that he isn't already providing enough comfort to the immediate vicinity at all times?

>they aren't strong enough to protect someone

Not a question of whether I'm strong enough to protect them.

It's a question of why would I bother taking on someone who I have to monitor constantly to keep them alive? Especially when anything they can do can be done by a well-balanced party?

If you wanna babysit your shit-at-combat waifu NPC that's your prerogative. But I've got no interest in that.

Because you're probably in a situation that demands you to behave like a murderhobo.

Some of us have home bases, families, friends, and don't piss off everyone to such a degree that we must constantly fear for their life.

Exposing someone to danger is not protecting them

If I have a home base I'm gonna leave my personal cook there. Not drag them with me into the Lich Tower or on an expedition into the Icedeath Steppes.

I could be the most Lawful Good Paladin in the world, but that still won't change the fact what I do is dangerous and is not a job for someone who can't protect themselves.

This. This is why every member of a party needs some practical profession skill or downtime use.

Pick related is a surprisingly good example of this. Each party member is skilled, and equally contributes to campsite comfiness

I liked follower rules in 2e D&D. They gave a fast option for new characters when you inevitably got a dart through the neck that murdered you instantly, and for the most part first-level warriors were a good thing to have running around liking your company without all the HP bloat of later editions.

Hell, I remember entire caravans with some groups, where every character would wind up hiring 2-3 hirelings and occasional backup fighters to carry out loot, mind the donkeys, organize the Wizard's huge pile of fucking books, drive the covered wagon filled with 1000 pounds of silver pieces or whatever, etc.

Because that's my PC's job.

Ayyyy he gets it

>Camping
>Not using Rope Trick to set up a decoy camp then being safe in your extra-dimensional hole.
>Not using Tiny Hut to keep everything climate controlled.
>Not using Secure Shelter to reenact the good old days at adventurer camp.
>Not using Web Shelter to keep insects away and freak out anyone who tries to ambush your camp.
>Not spreading mindscape doors around your decoy camp to waylay the unwary.
>Not using Mages Magnificent Mansion to be glamping wherever you happen to be.

It's like you don't even wizard.

You just wanted an excuse to post Kana, didn't you?

>Kana
I think we've got different ideas of that word.
youtube.com/watch?v=ADT6EUlFmiU

Oh man, it's been a while since I listened to anything Miracle of Sound made...

>implying anyone needs an excuse

So, she's a cat in human form.

Haven't dragons always been portrayed with a bit of feline behavioristics?

Yes, and for good reason.

Exactly.

>Playing deendee at all

Explain yourself.

What does that have to do with the topic?

Camp followers are not relevant for the vast majority of RPGs. Only time they're going to come up is basically the generic kitchen sink fantasy dungeon-land bullshit of DnD.

yeah sure okay

I know this picture.
Its only a half of a sweater.
Not comfy.

maybe she's wearing another one on the other side

>I'll take "why some people prefer lower fantasy settings" for 200

And then they ask me why I despise D&D fans.

Eugh, scaleless dragons.

I miss the old AD&D follower/minion rules. And the old ad&d stronghold builder's guide. Made adventuring more like leading an expedition than being some random people who met in a tavern.

I rather not.
Those rules are garbage and not fun for heroic team based stories which my group prefer.

>So, she's a cat in human form.
Yep.

I hate how cute this show makes her look/act, even though real children are fucking annoying. This shit almost makes me want to adopt.

>I hate how cute this show makes her look/act, even though real children are fucking annoying. This shit almost makes me want to adopt.

Welcome to lolicon, enjoy your stay.

>Welcome to lolicon
I'm not sexually attraced to them though.

Can you be more specific?

ENJOY
YOUR
STAY

>I'm not sexually attraced to them though.
Just give it time

>sleeping in a camp
Wow and what's next, being assigned to a plot of land by the feudal lord and starting to work the field, peasants?

He wants to play capeshit but is too self-conscious to come out and admit it.

Don't be mean to Seath; we all know how that ended.

>real children are fucking annoying
No, only the stupid ones. Kinda like regular people, really.

One of my characters slept exclusively outdoors even if he had indoorsy places to sleep, and did a lot of shit that involved screwing up things externally.

Why?

Severe claustrophobia.

A lot of people are incredibly stupid, as are a lot of children. There's no way to guarantee you'll have the 1% of children who aren't stupid and whiny.
>M-Muh discipline
I live in one of those retarded countries where spanking is outlawed.

>There's no way to guarantee you'll have the 1% of children who aren't stupid and whiny
Yes there is. All you have to do is marry someone as smart as you.

>paying poor people to follow you around
>paying to sleep in the vicinity of poor people

>marry
There are better ways to waste my money and then kill myself.

>having children out of wedlock

I'd like to say adoption is a good option, but in THE CURRENT YEAR every single man who wants to adopt is automatically a pedophile.

Like shitposting in a Cambodian finger-puppet theater forum?
Please do so. The world doesn't need your sperm

Safely and squarely on the far left side thank God. I'd bang Lucoa like a mesoamerican drum though.

Actually she's the chosen one. One day she's going to toss the Empire out of the North and we're all gunna have a good time, but the party (well, a troll seer and a Northman who dumped all his social stats) is in charge of keeping her alive long enough for that to happen.

You should've raped him to promote discipline

Hey, but that's an option you took. Having the luxury to be able to prefer sleeping in the wilderness is completely different from having to do so because you can't afford a roof over your head.

Because nobody chose or rolled the camp follower career.
3 rolled religious careers tho so we're kind of on a holy mission of sigmar and the fourth wanted to be a coachman driving the priests around.

>frogposter
You shouldn't breed anyway, so it's a win-win.

>I'd bang Lucoa like a mesoamerican drum though.

enjoy your stay__pedo__

Unless your age is in the single digits, you're way too old for Lucoa.

No. Loli-fags are as bad as furries. You both need to be gassed like the vermin you are.

Fuck you Pennywise, I don't fall for that shit.

Nothing is as bad as furries.

Well, she is only a child by dragon standards. She still a couple thousands years over Kobayashi.

Autists who are angry about furries. They're just as incapable of keeping their shit to themselves and I swear they're also twice as numerous these days.

>"X is just as bad as Y because they complain about Y"
cease

Besides, people haven't been 'angry' about furries since 2005.

>Don't be mean to Seath; we all know how that ended.

How's it feel Seath?

To be a... BITCH.

>Besides, people haven't been 'angry' about furries since 2005.
That's probably true.

I actually bought a rulebook for a game that's basically 'FURRIES! IN! SPAAAAACE!' and was really worried bringing up playing it to my group.

>Guys, I get this setting is kind of weird but the system looks kind of interesting and I think-
>DOES THIS SAY I CAN BE A NAGA?!
>AW SHIT, BIRD PEOPLE! CAN THEY FLY?!
>I don't care what any of you guys say, we're not using one of the living starships.

It didn't even cross their minds. I was surprised.

I will never not be angry about them, thank you very much.

Don't remind me, I turn 26 today ;_;

Does it count if I want to be the little boy in this case?

Do you WANT to get Mike Penced by Gwynn's electric sunlight?!

Camp follower, eh OP?
Stop beating around the bush. What you want is to go full Mongol and take slaves. Everybody did it! Romans, Saxons, Africans. It's just in teegeegames you have to act civilized because acting as people did historically brings out the autists and edge lords.
But not you OP
You can do this without going full retard. You're a glorified murderhobo, so the next goblin settlement you raid, take the mothers and children! String them up and lead them along in a neat little line! Or the next Inn you frequent. Buy the elf server off the inkeeper! Why, you found more gold fucking shit up innawoods then he's ever seen in his life!
Sometimes your slaves will even be docile! Some people are naturally submissive when you slaughter all the fighting males in their village!
Camp followers are all good and well, but be honest with yourself. You just want slaves to do with as you please.
You mongol bastard

Dammit now I want to try doing this

Congratulations! Only 4 more years to wizard!

I'm so doing this.
and by this I mean raiding old paintings for reaction images

God dam, now I'm going to do this when we do an "evil" campaign. Also, sneaky Satan is sneaky

Prior to popular belief, you can't solve all your problems with child rape user

Well that sounds like fun.

We had a thread few days back where one user said that it's pretty sad that beastmen are considered furry nowadays, when once they were considered pretty rad and stuff.

Imagine a world where furries never existed, user.

Then find an axe and make the dream a reality.

This guy gets it.

Second from the right isn't a crime.

Actually as far as in game mechanics go slaves (and I guess camp followers) are some of the best currency you can carry. Your party can take slaves in your rampage across the countryside and then trade them for just about anything once you reach civilization. You might not like keeping people as property, but you'll like the weapons and supplies they buy

That is a horrible rational for slavery and you should be ashamed of yourself

Thanks, but that ship sailed...8 years ago, holy shit.

Reminder that anyone below the age of at least 16 is for hugs, not fugs.

Tell me more about this character.

I'm asking for, uh, a friend. Yeah, lolicon friend. He's, like, certified lolicon.

Deepest condolences, user.

>Dragons of any shape or form
Absolutely disgusting.

Those are some of the worst-drawn hands I've ever seen.

Kanna butt

What show is the loli on the far right from?

Strike Witches. Her familiar spirit is especially strong.

>Besides, people haven't been 'angry' about furries since 2005.

Why did you have to show me that user? What did I do to you to deserve that?