Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Traditional OP Image Generals For Almost A Whole Day Now edition
Accepting suggestions for fresh OP content subedition

>previous thread
>THIS IS THE ROSTER CREATOR, WE LOVE POINTING IT OUT SO PLEASE ASK FOR IT!
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit but it'll read 3s.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Dank Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=8qQRQ59P6TU

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempts to fuck up your list
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Rubricae beware, we've been given a wraithvacuum wraithcleaner by our Craftworld friends in preparation for GS2)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

First for renegades and heretics my lads

Cadia was but the first stepstone

FIRST FOR THE OMNISSIAH

Third for a community tabletop simulator campaign

Fourth or fifth for get rekt

Nah I love you bro, my renegades project is a kitbashed guard/skitarii army fluffed as a heretek magus' cybernetic legions

Fourth for Nobz.

Okay, no more of this.

Do Barbie clothes fit on the wraithknight?

>Stop having fun and posting what you enjoy REEEEE

9th for can we get more embeds in the OP

So are plastic sisters happening, or no?

Report for neural wiping and augmetic limb tuning, skitarius.

nope

I claim this thread in the name of the Imperium!

anyone got a standard 1k skitarii list for casual games? i like painting but am bad at listbuilding

Threadly reminder that Dark Eldar are the true eldar and the Craftworlders can go fuck themselves.

Outside of Wraith spam, is there a way for an Eldar player who is new to the game to counter Tzeentch Daemons Decurion? I don't want to get meme'd by Warpflame Host

Doesn't seem like it, unless you wanted to be an insane person and gather up enough of Celestine's bodyguards to convert into an entire army

Just skit or admech as well? I've been experimenting a lot with both their builds lately and could try and rustle you something up if there's not one floating around on the internet

eh?

also question about plague zombies. In the forgeworld books there are 2 different entries for Plague Zombies. In one book they are 3 points each and have slow and purposeful and have an ability called warp plague...but they have a 0-1 restriction.

in siege of vraks 3 the plague zombies are 6 points each and have shambling gait instead of slow and purposeful. they do not have warp plague and the restriction of 0-1 is removed.

i like the ones in seige of vraks better because they end up moving more than 6" a turn because they have shambling gait instead of slow and purposeful....they are twice as expensive, but i think they will be twice as useful since they can actually move around the damned board.

any clue as to which of these entries is the correct one to use legally?

a combination of both i'd say, nobody is playing sigmar anymore at my local and i need a fix of the more heavily played wargame, any help is appreciated!

what's the easiest way to get GK paladins and/or purifiers?

you don't have to use wraith units when you're king of the game. tzeentch units aren't that tough, toss some templates on them, shred them to bits with shuriken weaponry. denying their warpcharges is hard but you can snipe out heralds

Bound or unbound? Straight skitarii or admech as well? I can help if you'd like, I love my skitarii army. Also, how's your local meta?

Is there a Serbia in space?

I'd honestly love to play games with Veeky Forums.

I've got the idea of setting up a game but then have Veeky Forums control a second army over the internet via posts.
I've got insomnia and a shift coming up in about 5 hours anyway.

Does this sound like a good idea?

You just got your new plastic SoB models, stop being greedy, it's Chaos' turn for new releases.

...by buying them user

I'd do it, but expect flyrant spam. Like, 4 flyrants per 1000 points.
If I'm gonna go through the hassle of using TTS, I'm gonna win.

From games workshop

If it were the weekend I would just offer to play with you

>Implying your not the meme army
?

What honestly will be the problem?

I havery two frigging characters, at least you have plastic models for your army.

I mean I undestand that you guys need some love. I really want chaos to get some love myself, I just want to be able to build my army without selling a kidney.

good question, they would definitely be part of the imperium I think...who the fuck would serbia be in 40k?

so far i'm a novice at 40k , but played fantasy and sigmar for a good few years, unbound is mixing factions and bound is sticking to a mono faction yeah? so far from what i have seen at my local, there are lots of tau, with the bigger suits, lots of various marine forces,and quite a few that field what looks like a silly amount of tanks, i saw the skitarii units and they are absolutley what i want to play, from the rangers with their old style helmets and arquebuses, to the larger more robotic guys with the mechandrites, can't wait to start painting them when my SC arrives

>I just want to be able to build my army without selling a kidney.
This is the wrong hobby 4U

oh for fucks sake. I mean fucking organizationally. what detachment is least tax-y for those units.

would make for a great thread I think. 10/10 idea

Yeah, Grots

Friendly reminder that the planet broke before the Guard did and that they fought to the bitter end on what remained of the planet.

IG regiment or marine chapter.

Plastic armies are reasonable. The metal models are hella expensive and you know it.

If you're using the Ordnance Tyrant and want more than one entry you'll have to double up on points for them. Honestly being 6 points you might be better off with one blob of 35 or so zombies and another blob of mutants with enforcer, combat drugs and a Champion with Nurgle covenant for less points than the second blob of 40 zombies.

What? In person? Where the hell do you live senpai?

We're doing this, right here and now while I make breakfast!
Two 1000 point armies going up against each other!
Pick your army Veeky Forums:
Orks
Deldar, maybe harlie allies
Daemons
Imperial guard, maybe some inquisition/assassins/BA allies

you're a madman, but you have my support. why not use vassal? though i haven't used it in years, it worked well when the program could be bothered to run

Doh ho ho chewbacca han solo nipple pinchey wookie.

check out miniswap and other secondhands. I just sold the metals I had at a fairly equitable price for both parties (I haven't touched them in over a year, and it's better than GW extortion rates)

shipping costs for that package weight were a bit surprising though

well yea lol. Serbia in 40k would have to be

>a small planet
>has been on the frontier of the imperium and attacked many times throughout its history
>has been conquered by foreign invaders and reconquered by locals
>incredibly patriotic
>hates the 40k equivalent of muslims
>also has issue with all of its surrounding neighbors
>at times these issues have led to war
>has started a massive conflict that brought large imperial super powers into the conflict

im drawing blanks here...krieg?

>That spidermagos

I'm in love with the newer Skitarii/AdMech designs in the artwork, it has just enough of the gribbly, decrepit, chaotic look left to not be considered a complete revamp either.

Well, the only way to get a GK Elites slot is through a CAD, Allied Detachment, or NSF.

NSF is a CAD that only needs 1 troops choice.

Hmmmm.

I well I thought you meant on tabletop sim

if you're not running nemesis strike force you're doing it wrong.

I advise you to do a new thread as it seems a good idea.

I vote for the glorious Guard.

I meant with my actual armies!

It's not like it could lower the quality of the thread to try, posting actual 40k games!

PICK AN ARMY!

Unbound :D

the absolute madman, this should be done with photos etc. and in its own thread so it lasts longer

ORKS

>>hates the 40k equivalent of muslims
Orks and Chaos? But that doesn't sound like Krieg. They don't have neighbors.

That is what you find fun and enjoy?

How viable are Haemonculus cults? I have an itchy conversion finger and there really aren't many places in 40k to deploy massed monstrous infantry sized conversions. Grotesques seem good for that on paper, and a mad scientist's experiments seems a converter's dream come true.

Also would you not reap more benefits from a CoD? Relentless T5 obliterators with 3 attacks are no joke

I'm new, and I've only spectated them

I thought Eldar looked cool and as it turns out they're a meme

One thing to learn quick is that whatever beats you is cheese and wht ever you beat is fairly balanced ;^) In other words dont let anyone talking shit influence you if thats what you like.

But against a warpflame host shoot the flamers before the push your shit in. Deny the Herald not the horrors. Kill horrors with melee.

If you're doing TT sim I vote 5 riptide tau vs wraith spam eldar

I M P E R I A L G U A R D

Daemons

But they must be Khorne Daemons

Veeky Forums playin' guard

I'll play Orks

We'll make lists and I'll set up then we move it to a new thread.

Rather than splurge my model collection all over you I'm going to give you a rough list of squads to pick from in Vanessa Drast's inquisitoral assault force! A force of men formed by the inquisitors request to- look out, it's Orks!

Leman russ plasmacutioner commander
Company command squad with full following
Platoon command
20 or so men
Sniper veterans
Shotgun veterans
Bane wolf
Battle cannon russ
5 man squad of ratlings
3 chimaras (laser/bolt, bolt/bolt, laser/Hflamer)
3 lascannon teams
3 autocannon teams
Options
3 psykers
2 priests
1 commissar
2 flamers, grenade launchers, Hflamers, plasma guns, meltas

How are you going to organize the men? You've only got time to draw up 1000 points before the Orks attack!

I'm afraid my group will think this list is OP. but I dun think it is. I just really like the minis a lot. I paid extra for the FW guns and I have 6 o them
is realy not OP if you kno ww ho to play the game. right?

I had to fic it. sorry my guys

Alright. So bound means in formations, unbound just means take what you want. I suppose you could think of bound kinda like having to run battle line in sigmar. If you want to run units they ought to be in formations, which have slots you can fill with units. Generally this means running two units of infantry and an hq, which opens up the elite and heavy support options. This makes it a little difficult at 1k to ally in admech with your skittarii, because cult mech units are expensive points wise. I'd just stick to straight skitarii. If you have a meta with a lot of tanks and suits I would recommend dune crawlers. You could give your infantry arc rifles, which would be fantastic for the tanks, but it isn't any good against the suits. You could fish for sixs with vanguard, since they will always wound on a six, but I think you'll have better luck with dune crawlers shooting them with heavy weapons at 40+ inches. Basically get a good number of infantry and then fill your heavy slots with dune crawlers. Maybe get a squad of infiltrators to come in out of Los and then make a play for an objective.

Your troll game is weak and you should really stop. I feel bad giving you a (You) but I felt calling you out might actually stop this.

>Inb4 'I'm not trolling blah blah blah'
We'e seen it already user and its getting old.

Noted

Armagedon maybe. Krieg is no good.

I just think it's a fun list. I'm running it next wweekend akchually
I think my opponent is bringing 2 kkknights

right i get it, like the formation in the SC which allows the use of the dominus?or with straight skitarii, does that mean i can't take the dominus i really do like the basic troops and infiltraitors also look fantastic, without the dominus what are the HQ options for skitarii?

NL dude here again still unsure what to do with my NL.

Here's what I have:
Betrayal at Calth
Burning of Prospero
Box of Raptors
Box of CSM
Drop Pod x2

I had intended use them for 30k, or more likely a 30k list that can play against 40k. However, I didn't realize how much FW was actually required, which I can't really justify. Buying from my LGS is one thing. He makes a profit, and I get a little discount while supporting my store, even if I'm the only one who plays. Win/win. Meanwhile, FW is more expensive and doesn't help my LGS at all, which is a shame.

On top of the price, I can't for the life of me settle on how to build the army anyway. The rules for NL feel more like NL, but RoW (all of them) feel more restrictive than formations. That leaves me with CSM, which has its own issues.

In general, 30k uses a lot more boots on the ground. What the hell am I supposed to do with 60 CSM, you know? NL to boot, which aren't exactly stellar. Unlike their 30k, I don't get any bonuses for charging a bunch of dudes into combat.
Stealth is fucking sweet, but I'm going to need to invest in rhinos because stealth isn't enough. It's kind of a catch 22 there. I need rhinos because stealth isn't enough, but rhinos defeat having stealth in the first place.

On top of that, the Murder Talon let's me have raptors as core, but that doesn't help me when I have a bunch of dudes without packs. Likewise, having super NF for a turn only goes so far because I still need rhinos because my guys don't infiltrate or anything.

I don't mean to complain and I probably sound like an autist, but I legitimately feel like I'm in a lose/lose situation when it comes to them, which in turn puts me off of building because idk what I'm going to be doing.

Tldr - autist struggles with plastic toys

Skitarii actually don't have any HQs.

NIGHT LORDS SUCK

I vote this

Play 30k, it'll suit you better. No way is 60 marines going to be useful in 40k, so by setting it up for 30k you can play that well ,then have casual 40k games.

Nah mate. They're the sneekiest.

That actually fits. I guess the Day of The Accordion can be a day of mass Chaos and Ork killing.

They FUCKING SUCK SHIT

They don't have one, an hq i mean, but they have a formation that let's them roll without one. You could use the starter formation. It should have unit organization slots to add on to it I think.

I mean that's nice and all. There's one small problem. It isn't legal and its a clusterfuck of awful.

i already own 2 maulerfeinds and a hellbrute....i dont own obliterators yet.

but built off of stuff i already own, this list costs me nothing...is it good for not having to spend any additional moneys?

which book do i use? is it seige of vraks 3? like is that the one with the most current rules set?

exactly

Ah. You're an idiot. Thank you for making it known so you can be ignored.

Would you guys play this or what?

How close are the Dark Gundam cells from G Gundam to the Obliterator Virus or a malady that would effect savants of the Iron Warrios or Dark Mechanicus?

Noticed recently the tendrils, biological corruption and glowing eyes wouldn't look out of place in 40k.

Likewise, can the Obliterator Virus bring machinery to life?

well with the starter box so far i have 500ish points ,using vanguards rather than rangers cus i love the look of them, another SC would take me upto 1k, but are double artifacts allowed or not?ni don't see myself going above 1k as i like shorter games and more of them haha

has anyone ever tried any photoluminescent paint on their minis? I was thinking about giving the necrons some of it.

I'm afraid that list is illegal my friend.
But I guess we can run it anyway if you want.

Is everyone Ok with this?

Rangers sound like the go to for that then

Play it? Why not. Play against it? Sure.

Make a list

I've tried magnetic paint.

Play against is what I meant.

This is the list I will be running anyway.

lemme set up!