Can they seriously not go one fucking week without a 3 hour long fight? Its getting really old

Can they seriously not go one fucking week without a 3 hour long fight? Its getting really old.

Can you go one week without shilling this?

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SNAP.

>not shilling

Nay, goyim.

Are Marisha and Talisman fucking?

talison is gay

prove it faggot

The guy in the blue coat looks like a total prick.

You want me to suck his dick on stream or something?

If scanlan die I think I will stop watching the show

Marisha is Matt Mercer's long-time girlfriend, and she fits the GM's girlfriend trope quite closely.

Hilariously he's one of the better people on the show by miles.

Well let's be honest
Every member of the cast except Grog and Scanlan fits the GM's girlfriend trope

Fiancee now.

...dunno how to break this to you but...

That'll do

I mean permanently obviously
Sam PC is carrying alone 50% the show
It wouldn't work without scanlan

they are getting married now

ya, him and grog are basically the only reason i watch anymore aside from ashley sometimes because she is my waifu

Travis is one of the best roleplayers on the show. He portrays the dumb but occasionally insightful meathead barbarian QUITE well.

Percy and Vex have their moments. Plus, Pike is a qt

Will it make me gay too?

That kneeling faggot in the purple is the reason us bards have a bad name.
I play a dwarven or sometimes warforged bard who plays metal and only metal.

No, you're the one giving bards and metalfags a bad name.

>Implying Scanlan is trash
I bet you think Keylith and Tiberius are the best characters

Not if your eyes don't meet while you do it.

Who is your CR waifu?

would let Zahra's tail spank me every night

>MFW adventure zone master race

Is Matt a cuck or something? He lets Talesen rub all over his fiancee every single episode. It's disgusting.

Mary is great but Ashley is freaking adorable

w o w ur so cool and original. i would love to hear your attempts at bardic inspirations at the table.

No.

Anyone recommend a good episode to watch as an introduction to the series?

he literally kicked orion off the show for doing that once. pretty sure talesen is either gay or friend zoned as fuck

just watch from the briarwood arc onward, think it starts around episode 22

No, he didn't, dipshit. Orion got booted for calling a fan a leech.

Matt is most definitely a cuckold. Look at how he smiles when Taliesin is rubbing on his girlfriend.

Go to Youtube and watch Scalan trying to buy drugs, if humor is your thing.

Go watch the episode "The Kill Box" if combat & roleplay is your thing.

Those both assume you want a video to convince you to watch the whole series, I'd really just start with the 1st.

Nice argument. Matt is definitely a cuck.

the under dark arc is really shitty honestly, id skip it unless you want to watch them struggle through figuring out how to be on camera

I agree it was kinda shit, but it sets up stuff for later I think?

I'm entirely positive the crew & maybe Matt have forgotten about the Horn of Orcus. I want to ask him about it when we talk next.

No

it only sets up keema and a reference to clarota like once. aside from that they literally never talk about it again

No

I think something happening in Vasselheim is going to be the next arc.

I just wonder when something with the ziggurat is going to happen

Well it is a siphon, so whatever it's siphoning is going somewhere.

It's only gay if you swallow.

It's D&D. What do you expect?

I'd be paranoid that it would start expanding and consume whitestone

So I hear about this fairly often, if I was interested in following what's the best place to start?

Just tge most revent session or campaign, or do they have a "greatest hits" type deal or a particularly well received campaign they've run in the past?

See:

Start with the Briarstone Arc. It's fucking fantastic and doesn't have the obnoxious Orion around.

>Play D&D made during WotC era
>Expecting the game to not devolve into fighting

How stupid are you?

I know it gets a lot of hate around here since its a show for normies, but I enjoy it. Have enjoyed it since Ep1. It has it's dull moments, but for the most part it's pretty entertaining watching their campaign unfold. Been some hilarious times and some badass times.
I don't always actually watch the show on youtube though, I download it and convert to mp3 so I can listen at work.

So here's why CritRole is weird to me;

I like some of the players, I like some of the moments, I like some of the story.

But on the whole, the plot is just so...basic. Like straight up, 100% predictable D&D. I dunno if that's just Matt being uncreative, or intentional.

I also can't stand some facepalm moments Matt pulls like giving the group a Deck of Many Things and insisting he rolled it on a treasure table, along with a Magic Carpet.

But mostly, the more I watch (especially now), the more my conversations with people in the business of streaming I know a lot of people at G&S and HyperRPG, as well as other big name streamers, the more I am pretty convinced that lots of the show is scripted. I've defended it as not being so, but I keep getting those heavy inklings that it might be. Lots of people on the inside have said it's LIKELY so (though none confirmed for sure), but with Legendary owning G&S now, I would put money on it.

I respect the integrity of the players too much to assume it's scripted.

Again, I thought that too, and defended it pretty strongly.

But if you hung out with the people I hang out with, and heard the things I hear, then you'd realize that overall, it's fairly common in the industry. Again, can't say for SURE whether CritRole is part of that, but I wouldn't doubt it.

Scripted as in how the story will pan out, or scripted down to what happens to each character during each encounter, and how the players will act accordingly?
I can deal with the former. Yes the campaign may have taken an entirely different path if they were still playing at Matt's kitchen table, but now it is basically a TV show and some things will need to be railroaded for entertainment.

>Scripted as in how the story will pan out, or scripted down to what happens to each character during each encounter, and how the players will act accordingly?

I couldn't say. Again, not making any specific accusations, just telling you that I've had lots of people in the mix tell me "It's much more common than you think" (with regards to ALL livestream games with a lot of money/production in them, which would include Rollplay, HyperRPG, CritRole, AcqInc, and others)

I'd say almost certainly the former, probably a little bit of the latter in some situations.

It's scripted in the sense that Matt has a story that i'm sure he's disclosed. The actual events of the game itself aren't, but the players are fine following Matt's light railroad because they want to see the end of the story as much as the audience does.

The show doesn't really work when you're in the middle of something really interesting, and the players fuck off to somewhere else totally unrelated.

The Vestiges went a little bit in that way, but they managed to rein it in.

Lillith is a qt

No because that is what D&D is for.

>Travis is THE best roleplayer on the show
fixt

Ashley is the one I'd enjoy gaming with the most, but Laura will always get my dick hard. Blame Full Metal Alchemist.
>Lust and Mustang are married and bang on the regular

I wanna tongue punch ashley johnson's fart box.

I want to fuck the girl in the white wig and the redhead. Are they bitches?

Red is kinda a cunt sometimes and is annoying when she rps, Wig is an absolute sweetheart.

This, but sadly wig is often absent, when cunt almost never is.

I like the show and I've been following it since the early days.

However, I can never tell whether Marisha is a good actor. She's just impossible to take seriously when she gets emotional or serious, and I don't know if that's a character quirk or what.

Sam is best girl and Taliesin did a lot of work on Hellsing so he's great too.

Who are their characters?

Cunt is an unlikable druid princess, and half the autistic shit is unintentional. She and angst mcangsterton the literal paladin to a god of death/rogue, have the most awkward and cringy relationship possible in the show.
Wig is a cutey gnome war cleric who continually turns down the bard, and is best friends with a goliath barbarian and likes to emulate him in combat when she can.

Tongue punch? Is that a bananners reference?

Pike a cute, but like 90% of her charm as a character comes from her interactions with Grog and Scanlan specifically.

Holy shit I always thought Ashley was cute waifu material but she was hot as fuark too. What happened to her sex appeal?

She looks so much worse all tarted up. She is comfy

I feel like the story is so predictable in terms of D&D tropes because of a combination of it being:

1. The first campaign - if not first tabletop game - most of the players have done (Laura, Travis, Sam, Ashley)

2. Hadn't played in years if not decades, with bad DMs or in rules editions that are much harder than Pathfinder/5th edition (Liam, Marisha)

3. Changes Matt has made as he's done a lot of work on his homebrew world throughout the course of the show.

I'd argue that the success of the show also had something to do with the plot going in this direction as well (at the earliest, around the time of the K'Varn fight is when things get rather cookie cutter in terms of D&D plot tropes).

As for the Deck of Many Things, I do believe he rolled that on the loot table though, considering that the last time they've pillaged from a dragon horde they found a Holy Avenger, a weapon that literally no one but the (recently) multiclassed Rogue/Paladin could wield, and it wouldn't work with half of that character's schtick.

It might be scripted in the sense that everyone's willing to go along with Matt's light railroading. Travis has said before that he just wants to do the old-school RPG thing and explore everything and learn about the world Matt's made because he likes how Matt's running the game.

Nah doubt he is a cuck, he just probably isnt threatened by the dumpy grown up goth constantly pawing at his mrs

I think the reason why Matt's fine with Taliesin and Marisha getting all feelsy is because at least half the time it's Marisha initiating it. Not to mention they are good friends outside of the game (I'm pretty sure Matt or Marisha have said during the Periscope stuff that they hang out with Taliesin once or twice a week, either at his house or him visiting them, not to mention Taliesin went with them to Burning Man last year). Also, I swear I remember one of them mentioning that Taliesin has a girlfriend. Then again, it wouldn't surprise me if he was gay.

That all sounds like the behavior of a literal cuck.

I think they'll cool it with the 3 hour fights from now on since all the dragons are dead

>Ashley admitted that Pike would probably try suude once just to see what Scanlan's going through and how to help him

Truly, she is best girl.

And, hey, cheer up OP. This week, instead of a 3 hour fight, you'll get a 3 hour wankfest with Vax trying to hog all the emotional spotlight!

>complains about fight length in D&D
Do you even know where you are?

Welcome to D&D the Cuck edition

This show fails the diversity test. Boycott now! #criticalrolesowhite

What even is this? Vlogs of some people LARPing? I mean actually, I've never seen this or heard of it before.

Critical Role, it's a long running DnD show, picture is just a group photo.

Orion was kicked for many reasons

The guy is just a fucking trainwreck

Taliesin, Matt and Marisha are just close friends.

So it's a show about people who play DnD or it's a show that is supposed to be a visual representation of a DnD game? Is anyone actually playing a game with dice and and DM and shit or are they just writing a story for this show that is like a DnD game?

It's a normal D&D game except for the party size (that one was a bit of an accident) and the fact it's streamed and then put on youtube.

OP photo is just a publicity thing, they don't really wear costumes when they play. Unless it's Halloween

Shit bait

>half the autistic shit is unintentional

Lol no.

Marisha is more Grog in personality than Keyleth.

It's all a fucking act.

Nice try Matt, your fiance is autistic as fuck.

>Marisha is more Grog in personality than Keyleth.
Loud, obnoxious, whore-happy and doesn't know what hygiene is?

You know what I fucking mean't don't be a little pedantic bitch.

Point being you can mean fucking anything. And no, I don't know her, so I have no idea what you mean

>Its a Marisha is meta gaming again moment

Scanlan and Grog are the only ones that never metagame.

Critical Role is a surrogate for actually playing D&D.

If you had a group to play with each week you wouldn't have to live vicariously through this average show.

They're all virtue signalling cucks anyway

Wait what? I thought Mustang killed Lust.