/CofD/ &/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous Thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A
>News
http//theonyxpath.com/now-available-night-horrors-conquering-heroes-heresies-in-print/
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/braaaazillll-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question
How does one counter the Plain?
Hard mode: no mages

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U3NoDEu7kpg
youtube.com/watch?v=m2AYynId1og
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_petite_mort
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>How does one counter the Plain?
Make a Demon Pact then call it in.

only a plain can defeat a plain...

It's also the only gameline (along with Mummy) that comes close to rivaling Mage in terms of oomph. The big three.

>How does one counter the Plain?

Unleash spirits or ghosts against them.

Use all political, social and technological resources short of physical violence against them and their loved ones until they kill themselves.

>plain
Shoot them?

The techno-espionage kind of demon, or the regular "I will stick my dick in reality's ear for your benefit if you only worship me like the slave you are" kind?

So could a group of plains armed with cellphones and a blog defeat a Antediluvian?

Nothing can defeat a legion of SJWs, user.

A mage and a demon walk into a bar-tomb...

I don't know where to go from here but it is probably pretty tight

Well, any one of them can automatically force it to flee, taking at most 1 damage in the process. Does that count?

>Not playing a Stigmatic Banisher Mage Against the God Machine

why not both?

I'd watch them fight. They both have sweet 'super mega battle' forms.

Cthulu vs wild wild west.

>the plain takes exactly one damage
>you are forced to leave them alone
>participating in violence in any sense is now a breaking point for you for the rest of your life
>none of this required a dice roll of any sort
>except for the plain take g one lethal, I mean.
> It's actually pretty likely you won't actually do any damage.

You beat the roll.

Seriously, do you all just make Resolve and Composure your dump Attributes?

It's like a Wobbuffet duel, the first one to take a violent action loses.

I'm probably going to call Plains "wobbuffets" or "metapods" from now on.

Some one should convert the rules over to oWoD so Caine can lose to something new.

There are archmaster tI'm mages who are members of the time patrol in Genius's cosmology who would certainly take offense to you attempting to erase other archnasters.

1. Only if they have those Merits
2. The first one is once a session
3. Justify it and beat the roll, you probably have enough Willpower.

Ya'll are meming a mediocre Mortal Template way too hard in an edition full of bullshit Merits.

With another Plain

>YOU ARE BEING RECORDED
>NO, YOU ARE BEING RECORDED

What if someone is triggered by being recorded, is that an act of violence?

... Oh my god it might be
By recording me, you're triggering my PTSD

Filming someone without their consent is literally rape.

just thinking. the writers know we have the condition system right? we could have easily made that a persistent condition with a time length and a resolution condition.
>But user why would you want to play the bad man?
>Beast
This company's writers are confused

Nothing?

Anybody can defeat an Antediluvian

I wish you could 'Create a Form' like in Descent. Makes me wish the VtM version of Protean was more like VtR's as well. That shit is fun.

>We'll see if he ends up impeached or not

Impeached by a majority Republican House of Representatives, no less removed by two-thirds of the Senate, also controlled by Republicans?

Good luck with that.

Besides, if Trump was removed, Mike Pence would become president. Pence is a more competent and ideological conservative who shares many opinions with Trump.

Kneel before Zod!

That's one of the reason the Mokolé were-reptiles in OWoD Werewolf are so cool, their Crinos form is born in dreams and brought to life so its build-a-form. I wish they used it more its such a fun mechanic to play with.

>born in dreams and brought to life so its build-a-form
Proto-Beast

Yeah but the cool parts and they can actually, you know, turn into it. Trivially even.

The Ravnos Antediluvian wasn't very impressive, was he?

>EX-AMISH HIPSTER SUPREMACY

She, she was a gril

The hot gypsy scum kind, the one you just want to take your hot iron rod and imprint your brand deep

Not dreams, memories of the ancient ages predating Man. Basically when dragons and shit roamed the world. Dinosaurs. Etc.

Beasts don't have breaking points. Step up your game cousins.

Quick question, so a Rank 3 Spirit born of the terror of surprise muggings/assault (but now grown stronger) could have as its Bane any weapon forged for the purpose of destroying it?

Because as a being of instantaneous action taken against the unaware, it would likely be vulnerable to a weapon made with the specific purpose of killing it?

Or is that too general for Rank 3?

And then you break things because they had the most powerful warform hands down and a ton of great Gifts for smashing shit.

Pretty good for a bunch of sleepy nerds whose job is to remember stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=U3NoDEu7kpg

>Archmage Frollo vs Antediluvian Esmeralda

Obviously the Archmage wins

See, that's something I'd rather be talking instead of just the percived power level, myself. And yeah, I've been thinking about it too, and it'd probably just be mechanically simpler to just project a Condition, maybe Shaken or something, on the target. Gets the thematic point across better, I think. Should still be a contested roll, though.

>implying he's not a Hunter with True Faith

I know the type all too well.

I'm so glad I won't ever use, allow or play in anything involving Beast.

Shhush, don't want the vampfags to hear you say that. They seem to think they're the greatest things ever and can't be killed.

We live in sensationalist times

>Neck. Teeth. Then all awkwardness drains away. It’s so good.
>He moans in my ear. I muffle a moan that vibrates his throat.
>He breathes heavily. He holds on to me to keep from falling, and I gently lay us down. I can feel him stiffening. A flailing hand unintentionally clutches my breast, grasping and kneading, and the nipple stiffens, and my body never reacts like that anymore, except in this moment, and it’s so, so sweet. I drink, and we gently grind against each other, because what else can you do to keep from floating away? He gasps and shudders — a little death, just a little death — and I press his face against my shoulder to keep it quiet. I could drink down all of him, but I stop. We’re lying parallel on the bed, both breathing. Both warm and smiling and any troubles are a million light-years away. Then the mood cools and congeals into something sticky. We both startle and jump up, like we’ve just been caught in the bathroom.
>I’ve got my jacket on.
>“Also…” I say. “I need…”
>He opens a wallet with Spider-Man on it, and hands me his last ten spot. It breaks my heart, even more than the blood, because what the hell else could I possibly take from him?
>“This is the last time,” I say. It’s such a pretty lie. I jump up on the windowsill, the air feels good and I need to get outside. I don’t turn back.
>“Tell mom and dad I said hi.”

So this is from 2e. Is this how the Daeva curse works? It can make a sister be addicted to her younger brother? What kind of messed up stuff has happened in your games? Why do I feel like whoever wrote this has issues?

>3. Justify it and beat the roll, you probably have enough Willpower.

Over Before It Started and The Consequences of Violence offer no roll to resist.

desu given everything else that has ever been written about vampires thats pretty tame

That's fucked up

No that's just how the Kiss is. It feels amazing but then it gets cold after if you stick around till the kine exits a daze. All vampires are lke that when feeding, it is sex but better.

2e Daeva clan bane makes it so the Kindred in question becomes obsessed with a mortal if they drink from them more than once. RAW they have a second-stage Blood Bond with the mortal as the regnant. Only way to end it is the death of the mortal.

And yeah, "issues" and "messed up" are kinda core to the themes of VtR.

That's the good old WoD I know and love.

The part I didn't include is the part where it details her coming back for repeat feedings and forcing him and begging him. It made the post exceed the word count. I'll just post it here. The part I posted earlier follows this one.

>All the handholds of the tree are familiar. I don’t even have to knock on the second story window. It opens. He’s been waiting for me. The first time, I had to force him. The second time I had to beg.
>I’m relieved I don’t have to do that anymore, but part of me hates him for not resisting.
>“I need more,” I say.
>“Ok…ok,” he says. “I can stay home sick tomorrow. I hate algebra anyway.”
>This part is always awkward. I take off my college letterman jacket, and we both sit on his bed, a body’s width apart.
>Silence. Then we lean in clumsily, moving in the wrong directions — neck? wrist? somewhere else? — smiling politely like the people who keep cutting each other off, trying to pass in a cramped hall.

Then cue the disturbingly erotic description of a college aged (possibly Daeva) vampire subjecting her little brother (who she is possibly addicted to) to the Kiss.

lmao that you think that is somehow out of line for vampire literature and fiction youtube.com/watch?v=m2AYynId1og

How do you counter Over Before It Started or The Consequences of Violence?

Its written like the guy who wrote it is clearly getting off to it

>its permanent

That movie was great. Artsy films are a rarity nowadays.

They're both obviously Supernatural effects, so a Clash of Wills.

and interview with a vampire has a pedophilia subtext

vampires have been fap material for far longer than anyone on this entire website has been alive

user, please.

It could be a girl who wrote it.

Don't be sexist.

>How do you counter Over Before It Started
You don't need to. Just break the defenseless punching bag and get back to your target.

>The Consequences of Violence
This one is just fucking broken.

Sounds like someone's projecting.

Do you have something you want to tell us about your relationship with your sister?

>violence is bad. i'll make a brutal monster change their entire worldview by just sitting here and taking it
God. What delusional, self-righteous douche wrote this?

>Just break the defenseless punching bag and get back to your target.

The Storyteller rolls a die for you (you're not making an action, no Willpower for you), you fail.

The Plain takes 0 damage.

Do indirect or non-physical harm to a Plain.

Not sure what indirect even means. Is throwing him off a skyscraper indirect? What about locking him in a building and setting it on fire?

>He gasps and shudders — a little death, just a little death — and I press his face against my shoulder to keep it quiet
Is this their way of saying he had an orgasm?

So do it again.

Well, that is what the little death is.

It's purely encounter-based, not turn-based. That 0 damage is all that is inflicted over the course of the fight. No, there are no explanations for how this is supposed to work even in the narrative.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_petite_mort

>an expression which means "the brief loss or weakening of consciousness" and in modern usage refers specifically to "the sensation of orgasm as likened to death".

>La petite mort
ohhhh
That's hilarious.

David Hill.

>His words to them, as they destroyed him with their fists and their rage, changed these men. We never saw them again and so surely they must have changed their wicked ways.
More like they didn't want to hang around and get arrested for murder. It's also kind of fucked up that they just watched them beat an old man to death. You're telling me that nobody in a rural town had a gun?

This is a leftist fantasy so no.

Thematically self sacrificing pacifistic martyr is fine. The online blog is foolish but workable. It's the merits and powers that really are dumb and need to be either reworked or at least clarified. that auto infection one is really dumb, and takes away character agency. Being recorded is dumb, but I get they're trying to revision the holy cross banishing the darkness motif.

hey now don't put that neoliberal cult of nonviolence on the left here

this pathological worship of nonviolence is usually done by people who don't realize that every "peacful movement" was only possible because of idea of violent uprising being the implicit alternative, mlk needed malcom x and ghandi needed the indian people to be geared up for revolution so that the british were too afraid to just kill him

nonviolence only works if your enemy has a conscience

I was specificly refering to the "participating in violence is now a breaking point" part, my apologies. The whole template's still pretty mediocre as a whole. I assume it's only a thing at the moment because Secrets of the Covenants got all discussed out.

Honestly, I like the template as a weird NPC thing. Something for my Unchained to investigate or something, but I agree about the auto infection thing. That's just awful. Actually, I'm pretty sure I'll play with something related to them if I can get this damn thing up and running.

Honestly SoC didn't have as many juicy pieces of wtf as Beast did. mostly people complaining about writers

Well, I don't think anything's ever going to beat the Beast shitstorm. Probably the only time an entire game was leaked due to chan drama.

Do you guys RP in first or third person?

>get this damn thing up and running
computer problems?

they seem like an interesting mystery. and making parallels to saint martyrdom and noble calm death.

That being said. New Resident Evil. What kind of plot fodder can we pull from it?

Used to be in first, switched to third because my group used third.

Was that the one with the self castration?

>clancy doesn't get captured in the flashback because he was recording them

>computer problems?
Game problems. I had three, potentially four interested players, but only one of them doesn't work at the same place as the rest and the ones working at said place all have different days off. They tell me, yeah a game could be fun, but they're literally never available at the same time.

>The online blog is foolish but workable.
>workable

That is giving a little too much credit to a magic ex-Amish blog.

Oh, yes, Beast: Conquering Heroes.

How does it feel to know that in the Chronicles of Darkness, the GamerGate movement was masterminded by an ugly Spanish hacker spider-lady?

>Recently, Null Snyper discovered the adolescent man-children that exist where gamers and men’s rights activists overlap. She felt nothing but contempt for them, but she decided to try flexing her internet muscles. Instead of driving people to suicide through direct online interaction, she whipped up an angry mob to go after her targets. Through empty rhetoric and carefully coordinated campaigns of doxing and harassment, she terrorized players, game developers, and journalists in the industry who don’t share her trolls’ views. The first time she saw a man killed by police, live on webcam as a result of a swatting prank, ecstasy, unlike that from any other death she caused, filled her completely. She knew she was on the right track.

>Now she maintains a carefully cultivated legion of followers. Certain circles avidly follow Null Snyper’s exploits and celebrate her as a master troll. It only takes a word or two from her to unleash the fury of hordes of aspiring trolls longing to make a name for themselves. They’ll dox anyone or breach private accounts if it means gaining a small measure of notoriety by attaching themselves to her reputation.

She also has Allies (Internet Trolls) 5. Her legion of "adolescent man-children" wields so much clout that they can automatically cancel another character's 5-dot Social Merit, like Status (Military General) 5, for one session.

And the rules make it completely trivial to dox someone and get their government ID numbers and bank accounts:

The more I read about Plains, the more I don't like them.

It's a setting with a heavy metal album that makes you a Satanist that can do magic on people's skeletons while they're inside them, it's not like it's a stranger to silly stuff.

That heavy metal album is also deliberately enchanted, and casts temporary spells on them. It doesn't permanently give people real magic.

Yeah I don't think the Plains are offensively bad like some of this thread seems too. I just think they're a really bad execution on an already dumb concept.

You know, for a line that's supposed to be all about the crossover, having the new antagonist be "you but worse but only you can fight them not those wimpy heroes see moral quandry solved right right" is a pretty boring choice.