Sup dudes. I need help coming up with unconventional/unusual weapon enchantments

Sup dudes. I need help coming up with unconventional/unusual weapon enchantments.

So far I've spitballed a sword of screaming (whomever is damaged by the blade screams in proportion to the wound). Also halfbaked a shield of reflection. If one makes eye contact with the mirrorlike shield, they must pass a check or reflect on their next action.

If ever a weapon strikes your melee weapon, the attacker feels a sharp pain as if they were hit, even though they weren't.

Girdle of Itching. Provides aditional armour around the body and legs, but causes the wearers genitals to constantly, mildly itch. Whenever scratching the itch would be inconvenient, the DM may request a willpower test around every three minutes or the character will be compelled to scratch themselves. Sucessfully scratching the itch only provides temporary relief; in the next four minutes, the DM may ask again

You've made the fatal mistake. The image is more interesting than the post.

Crossbow of Fire Ball. No matter what you load it with, it fires a random ball with the same ballistic properties as a normal arrow.
Yes, including firing a bowling ball at the same speed, with the same relative lack of air resistance.
On the other hand, it could be a ping-pong ball instead.
Save this for a weird campaign of course.

Sword of sauce. It works like this: you point it at OP and he has to tell me where the image comes from, or who that is on the photo.

in terms of ones that are actually useful because I have no creativity->

weapon of:
crippling - weapon seems to magically shift just right so that instead of striking lethal blows or blunt nonlethal blows, it always causes damage to cripple (cut ligaments, busted kneecaps)

warning - vibrates whenever its user is about to be attacked (may be less useful during pitched battle)

purity - when the weapon touches any liquid, the liquid and whatever it is contained within is purified of any hostile presence, be it spiritual or physical (germs?). still cuts and kills, useful for dark rites and healers alike

return - always returns to the user after thrown or shot. must take an action to pick up/ catch object as it is simply dropped nearby

> a sword of screaming (whomever is damaged by the blade screams in proportion to the wound).
So like, a regular sword?

Tally-blade: Although the cutting edge of this heavily abused cutlass is rife with dents and notches, the lightest swing lands with a disproportionate, shattering force. The weapon's supernatural might seems to grow as the blade is damaged further, and wane as it is restored.

Whenever you strike a creature with a projectile launched from a Tracker's Weapon (or with the weapon itself, if it is designed to be thrown) you will instinctually know the direction and distance to the location of the target, and it will be obvious to your eyes and ears no matter how well it hides. This effect lasts for a month and a day or until the target is destroyed.

Broadsword of Mercy: This sword deals extra damage and is particularly well crafted, probably an ancient Paladin's. It leaves the opponent at critical health and stops in mid-air when delivering a potential killing blow.
Good for keeping an enemy alive for interrogation, but to actually finish off a foe you'll need to rely on teamwork or find another way. Switching weapons mid battle is a risky option, as the sword is likely to refuse.
Would make a good cursed weapon, if you're feeling like a dick.

An assault rifle (or a machine gun, or an smg) that only fires if pointed at a living target. So you can pull the trigger and point the gun around, it will not waste bullets.

underrated comment.

Compass: The weapon is more effective at striking targets to the north of you, but less effective at enemies to your south. Can also be used to determine cardinal directions.

Echoing: Attacks made by this weapon will be replicated on the next turn by a magical double, striking any enemy in its trajectory.

Seasonal: Changes form cyclically between four different weapons after each strike.

Feyborn: Phases through any wooden material.

Deceiving: Wounds inflicted by this weapon do not cause any pain, but are instead pleasant and addicting.

Misty: Rapid movements of this weapon leave behind a mysterious fog that causes hallucinations.

Tracking: Any survivor struck by this weapon will find themselves pursued by ill-willing strangers for the following weeks.

Sword of Screaming should be a sword that when pulled out of its hilt starts to scream madly if there are enemies nearby.

Wand of Entrapment. This wand works only on humanoid races. The target stuck must save or be transformed into a trap version (if originally female) or reverse trap (if originally male) of themselves. This change is instantaneous and permanent. The targets stats do not change but they receive a -3 bonus for 2 rounds as they discover their change.

Hand grenade (or bomb or whatever) of delayed death. Explosion releases magical particles that stick to the bodies they meet and accumulate the explosion energy. Thus, everyone and everything stays unaffected by the explosion for some time, but in a minute the particles will release the energy and whatever object they were attached to will suffer all the damage and all the consequences of the explosion. Only the mage who enchanted the grenade can magically remove the particles from an object. You can try to scratch them off yourself, but it's rather hard to do.

Sword of Healing
Wounds causes by this blade cause no pain and instantly shut. All internal damage remains. The victim just isn't aware of it. It's just the skin that gets fixed. Oh, you're afraid that'll stop enemies from bleeding to death? Don't worry, they just get internal hemorrhaging now, which is much worse.

seconded

She's kind of enchanting my magic rod. Sauce?

Staff of elongation. Staff gets longer the more you use it. You can however shorten it by not telling the source of that image.

Sword of Gangrene. Wounds made by this sword will lead to infection, sepsis and gangrene. The enchanting ritual is very simple, it includes rubbing your shit all over the blade.

Sword of Blood. Living person struck by this sword starts bleeding.

Mace of explosions. It causes small explosions whenever it strikes a hard surface. Explosions can cause harm to wielder due to shrapnel and cause short-term deafness. However it punches through platemail like it's nothing and can be used to blast through wall of bricks.

you do realize that's it's a valid enchantment in many games, since wounds don't automatically bleed for some reason?

Yep and I mocking it just like this guy

Arrow of Knowledge: click on the arrow next to the image, genius.

Pinning Sword. Pierces anything if it passes though a living sentient creature before it. If the wielder releases his grip, sword immediately fuses with whatever non-living things it passes through, effectively pinning whomever it stabs to a wall, or floor, or stone golem or a skeleton if you manage to pull it off. Sword can be drawn by the same guy who pulled it in, or his direct descendant, or if the guy you stabbed is no longer on the blade (or at least no longer alive) AND you somehow managed to impale another organic sentient on it (from the handle side - good luck with that).

The Peace Pipe
A lead pipe with a large valve on it's end, likely torn of a water pipng, counts as a normal mace. If you score a critical hit with it, targed must pass a will test or be unable to deliberatly harm any sentient reature for whatever the fuck time you feel appropriate.

Hammer of Greasing.

A big fuckoff hammer that greases the bottom of the target's feet/boots/psuedopods/whatever. They have to make a reflex save or get sent sliding backwards, and it increases the difficulty of getting back up.

Swords of Betrayal
One of the most common enchantments, as a result of the ritual which produces them. They always come in sets of nine, and are created by executing a traitor by stabbing him in the back with all nine swords. So long as they are not further touched for nine years, they will be enchanted when retrieved. They act as +1 swords for general use, and are +3 when two or more of the set fight against a common enemy. They are +5 when the wielder of one sword attacks the wielder of another, and in this case, the weapons always qualify for Sneak Attack. In at least one instance, the ritual to create these swords failed, posthumously exonerating the victim. It is not yet public knowledge, but the rusted remains of the swords ruined by the false rituals are a deadly poison to anyone who has ever taken up a Sword of Betrayal.

The Knife and Fork of Robin the Bobbin: allow their wielder to eat absolutely anything including the solar matter without any repercussions for their heath.

The Snecktie: a necktie ending in a snake head. It can independently attack any characters that you're engaged in close combat with.

Love Glove: a glove made from pink velvet. When you blow a kiss to someone with the glove on, your air kiss turns into a tangible magical projectile. Anyone hit with it has a chance of falling in love with you.

Sharp Eye: an enchanted glass that you put in an empty eye socket. Anyone you look at with this eye suffers a piercing wound.

Death Whistle: the piercing sound made by this whistle resonates with the skulls of humanoid creatures, making the heads of any humanoids who hear it explode.

Mercury Blade: a sword with a blade made from liquid metal that bypasses any shields or armour and reforms into a solid blade behind it.

Umbral Umbrella: an umbrella modified for war: when open, it deflects any strikes like an excellent shield, while its tip is as sharp and deadly as any spear.

Desynchronised Dagger: the wounds from this dagger appear before they're actually inflicted.

The Pike of Stabbing: whomever is stabbed by this pike begins to bleed
The Mace of Crunching: whenever a piece of armour is struck by this, it has a chance to turn the area damaged into cheap indian cereal
The Longbow of Arrow Launching: any arrows shot by this bow fire in a completely straight line at twice the speed of a regular arrow
PTSD Bomb: Anyone who hears the explosion of this bomb gets the status effect Shell Shock for a month and the negative trait PTSD permanently

>Mercury Blade: a sword with a blade made from liquid metal that bypasses any shields or armour and reforms into a solid blade behind it.
Better yet: after it's wielders tels an activate-word it bypasses anything solid and reforms into a solid blade behind it. Makes it great for fake kills in front of an enemy.

Your natural enemy.

Undertaker's . It turns any creature killed by it into a normal fresh corpse without any combat damage. Resurrection magic used on this corpse takes triple resources, necromancy magic does not work on it at all. This means it also perma-kills liches, vampires an other "don't stay dead" creatures, and they can even be resurrected as living creatures (if at a higher cost).

I just imagined killing a skeleton for it to start growing muscles and skin while laying on the ground until it turns to a corpse of a perfectly normal-looking human. Kinda creepy.
Double creepy with a ghost.

>Shaft of explosion, attach the shaft to the Arrow of Knowledge. Whomever gets hit by this combination will get what they wish to know and explode from joy.

Alexis Ren, her parents last name is Gaylord, I never thought Meet the Focker's was serious. Horrible unlucky names do exist !

Misread that as "who is on the potato" and I wtf'd

I know plenty of people with the surname Weiner.

Imagine going through middle school with the name Gaylord Weiner.

I understand why you must imagine going through a school, if you went through one in real life you would know that the word you're thinking of is spelled Wiener.

That's correct, but the surname is spelled Weiner, and most middle schoolers won't be dissuaded by the difference.

Good try, though. You almost managed to craft a working insult.

>Weapon of Shared Suffering
Daily Power: When you make an attack that deals damage to an enemy, you may take an equal amount of damage in order to double the damage you deal to that enemy. The damage you take cannot be reduced in any way.

Alexis Ren

That's called triggerbot

The Picture of Hotness: any people who see this picture posted on the Internet get an instant boner that can only be reduced by magical means.

I didn't get a boner, man, she's flawless but Airbrushing is probably used, no flaws=not sexy.

>Umbral Umbrella
Reminds me of an item I made a while ago:
>Shield of Pah-Rasul
A very unusual design for a shield, though it works as well as any other. A cloth circle with a polearm protruding perpendicular from its centre, to be held underarm like a pike. It can be held out to provide cover for allies, and thanks to its woven nature, can be folded up for easy storage, or even a basic weapon which deals radiant damage should one require it.

If you need flaws to get it up then you have a fetish.

Did you also make anything like a war can opener than reduces an enemy's AC?

Yeah, I do, normal human women.

Source?

Sword of undeath: wielder cannot die while he's holding the sword, if he falls under "unavoidable death" threshold he turns into undead. Letting sword out of your hands results in dying if you should

Book of Grammar: helps people use "whoever" in subjective case.

This is the same one with the knife licking right? I gotta find me this shit.

Apparently not normal if you need them to be fucked up in some way.

>Ring of Last Chances
If you have more than 1 hit point and take damage from an attack that would reduce you to 0 hit points or fewer, you are instead reduced to 1 hit point.

I didn't say grotesqueries, I said flaws, do you not understand that a flaw can be as simple as freckles, moles, a small but cute scar or a slightly off kilter nose as result of it having been broken?

>freckles, moles, a small but cute scar or a slightly off kilter nose
Range from slightly unpleasant to disgusting. You have a freckles/scars/whatever fetish.

Unless you're in a forest, of course. Or want to hit something without aiming at it directly, like a sniper does.

>Death Whistle: the piercing sound made by this whistle resonates with the skulls of humanoid creatures, making the heads of any humanoids who hear it explode.
Using this seems really stupid for some reason...

Hey, hey user, there's a street gang in Chicago called the Almighty Gaylords. They've been around since the 40 ' s.

No, actually I have an incest fetish, particularly Brother-Sister, I just don't find perfection attractive makes the person seem less human, or rather less relatable and less attractive.

>actually I have an incest fetish
Well that explains it all.

So the whistle rustles your jimmies, but the snake necktie and the war umbrella are perfectly fine?

Sure it does.

The war umbrella won't make my head explode, at the very least. Or those of my friends.
The snake... well, maybe you can tame it... maybe it likes being worn? I guess it can be dangerous.

>make my head explode
Your own fault for not wearing earplugs, now isn't it?

So what happens if I have to lead my shot?

I actually kind of like this if it was modified.
>Armour of reflection
Whenever you take any sort of damage from the action of another creature such as a weapon attack or spell effect the creature feels the pain that you would. The creature in question must make a constitution saving throw or lose concentration on their spells as though they had been hit by an attack.

If it resonates with my skull, there's really not that much I can do about it.
If I need to hear it still, then those are some truly amazing earplugs.
Also having my whole party use them just in case I need to break out the whistle seems inconvenient, I like it.

But yeah, sorry, I didn't mean it'd be stupid to use in a setting, only as a person.

Okay, then it can be a firing mode, you can switch between it and normal modes. The enchanter may need to modify the weapon then, or it can be a special weapon already produced with an additional firing mode for "enchanted fire", allowing enchanters to do with it what they wish.

The description says that you've got to hear it though. Years of unabashed rules lawyering teach you to pick up on these details instantly.

That's what my second sentence was meant for - earplugs that can completely shut out that sound are amazing.
Thought technically... I'm no physics major, but wouldn't I still hear the vibrations through my teeth?

Rulebook first, common sense second

>Polearm of Dowsing
A relic of a legendary prospector/explorer, this halberd consists of a long cedar spearhead ringed with a bloodstained bronze axehead and hook. It is magically attracted to freshwater and will point to the nearest source if allowed to bob gently in the wielder's grip. As a consequence, it can move erratically around bodies of water, making it slightly more difficult to wield as a weapon but also occasionally more effective: an unfortunate standing between the spearhead and a spring of water is liable to be run through with extra force. The grip is a bronze tube engraved with a pattern of flowing rivers.

If a magic-user attempts to become attuned with the weapon, they will find themselves able to temporarily alter the enchantment on the wood. Doing so requires a 30 minute ritual involving the bathing of the bronze axhead and hook in the chosen fluid. If the ritual is completed, the weapon will seek out the chosen liquid instead for roughly 30 days, at which point the alteration fades and the weapon reverts to seek water instead.

If the bronze grip is tampered with or damaged, it will fall off, revealing an inscription on the original staff: "submerge notte in the blodde"

The Mug of Dionysus: people struck with it become drunk

Menad's thyrsus: if the wielder is drunk, high, or otherwise in a trance or ecstatic state of conciousness, people struck with the thyrsus will feel something like a mild electric shock that will make them unable to fight for some time, and may have additional effects like numbness, confusion, fear, agitation or arousal; the exact effects and power depend on the emotional state of the wielder.

It's Yuusha Yoshihiko. It's pretty good and a lot of it is based on pnp tropes.

>Shadowshaver
A small, bright dagger that shines brilliantly even in dim light. Its blade is made of silver and is effective as a weapon against vampires, werewolves, and other unholy creatures.

Its name comes from its most interesting property: a successful stealth attack using this weapon against a victim standing in light can forgo dealing damage to sever and steal the victim's shadow. Stealing a shadow is easiest in bright light and impossible in darkness.

I have a better version.

Shadowshaver: a razor blade that allows you to shave off your shadow's beard, while your real one stays on. Use it to seed confusion and befuddlement amongst the enemy ranks!

>Helm of Blank Mind
It reduces your Int, Wis, and Cha to 1.

Scissors of Nihilism: with these scissors, you can literally cut objects out from reality. Anything that you cut out never existed, will never exist and couldn't possibly have existed.

I'm stealing this.