Have you ever played/GMed a game were one or more PCs agreed with BBEG after he stated his reasoning for his acts?

Have you ever played/GMed a game were one or more PCs agreed with BBEG after he stated his reasoning for his acts?

Not directly but I have had players sympathise with those beneath the BBEG and fully understand *why* those people would follow him willingly. My campaign currently resolves around a kobold necromancer bringing together the scattered clans of kobolds, who are a severely oppressed and prejudiced race despite being the natives of the area the games take place in. He's trying to forge them a nation of their own but is doing it in a very openly evil manner. Most of the PC's sympathise with the plight of the kobolds, but know the BBEG has to be stopped for the kobolds to have a *real* chance of making a new home for themselves peacefully. The PC's are trying to be the super good guys, bring down the BBEG, stop their army from hurting kobold civilians and set up a new life for the kobolds after the war.

>"BBEG"

hurk.

But would races that oppress kobolds let them build country for themself peacefully?

Ive never seen a group complete the witchfire trilogy without switching sides.

Fuck off back to gaia.

The oppression came about because of a bad image of the kobolds that was fostered over hundreds of years. Actually oppression is the wrong word.

They see a kobold and think its either working for a bandit, is a bandit, or is going to rob them in their sleep.

This is because the kobolds largely live on smaller islands, and generally haven't developed large scale sailing vessels. When human explorers came by those lands, it was pirates who found them, and thus the bad seeds of kobolds who joined up with them. They came back telling the other kobolds that humans hate them - because they were working for criminals - but this has fostered a fear of humanity that became resentment, while humans became the same way. They only see kobolds with bandits, so all kobolds must be bad. Meanwhile Kobolds have ran out of land on their own islands so dig deeper and deeper until they hit the under-dark, and drow began kidnapping them. In darkvision you only see black and white, so they don't know the difference between a drow and a surface elf, they think they're the same thing. Leading to hatred and fear of elves in turn. It's sort of ignorance and fear on both sides that leads to hate and the method that they're going about setting up their own nation is only going to lead to more hate without the PC's intervention, because the kobolds feel they don't have any other choice. They saw the necromancer (With the appropriately maniacal name: The Master) as their only hope. His name is also Gawonni, which means he is speaking in cherokee. i give most kobolds cherokee names, other than a few who take common names in a sort of joke on getting a tattoo in chinese you dont understand. Like a kobold named Thomas Thomas, because someone told him Thomas meant hard working and he thinks he works twice as hard as everyone else.

Maybe. After all, the Nazis were pretty friendly with Zionists, for a while.

Wonder why that is.

>BBEG

when the bbeg got out his snickety slicer and gave the bigdamnheroes a booboo they felt a sad

there, d&d in retardspeak for people too infantilised to learn English

Back to /co/ and kill yourself.

can you speak human?

Yeah, it was a big letdown because I planned to make him a good boss fight

One session we played we had been chasing a vampire lead, once we caught up he was more than polite and explained how he's bound by a spell to follow his master's every command (something that is common knowledge) which he hated and he was more than willing to give information and give up the actual people in charge and guilty who had been causing ruckus for us.

We parted on neutral grounds and gained more by talking to him than just outright try to kill him which is the default action when dealing with any sort of vampirism.

I apparently don't do "BBEG" very well.

Exalted: Charismatic warlord who may have ordered the massacre of a PC's family (in backstory), and is really determined to rule half the party's homelands by diplomacy or war?
Half the party joined him, or began trying to arrange for their nations to be semi-autonomous beneath his heel.

Hunter the Reckoning: Cryptic and secretive woman knows way too much, hob-nobs with multiple supernatural species/societies as if she was a member of each, makes inconvenient people disappear, and is absolutely fascinated by the Empowered Average Joe PCs?
One of the PCs latches onto her as a mentor figure, answers all her probing questions, and doesn't realize she is using him until she has almost killed the other PCs.

Exalted: International assassin-for-hire who (in backstory) murdered a PC's best friend, and that the rest of the party meets when he kills the king they were trying to ally with?
The party members who didn't have a personal beef with the assassin ended up helping him on a job or two, and one invited him to their wedding!

Go back to bitch town via retard road.

Only because he held us at gunpoints while we were all bleeding after defeating his followers.
Afterwards, we ganked the PC that really agreed with him, too.

Honestly I just use the term on Veeky Forums to root out people with autism at this point.

>tumblr in the filename
>9gag in the corner

Where would this board be without dedicated vigilante mods, willing to spend their entire afternoon patrolling Veeky Forums for incorrect fun?

>BBEG

LOL @ u

>infantilised
>-ised
I don't think you have the right to call anyone else too infantilized to learn English.

>I don't think you have the right to call anyone else too infantilized to learn English.

Psssst, user!

British English.

The first time my group ever did this our bad guy was literally Hitler.

We didn't plan on it either, we just wanted to know what the crazy Austrian was thinking and just calmly started poking holes in all his plans as he explained himself. Including the plan that he was currently trying to complete.

Eventually he got so fed up with our shit that he fucked off to space and let us win. It was such an anticlimax we decided to just let him go.

did you ever made sequel? Nazis from dark side of ze moon

We started with Nazis on the moon. Hitler had made a deal with shady aliens to change history so that he won. Apparently this included a moonbase.

When we finally confronted Hitler, we had to invade the moon and face off against Hitler in his alien mechsuit. Its why he was able to fuck off to space in the end. He just clicked his heels together and rocketed away.

Unlikely.
Why don't you ask the Han Chinese why they won't let Uzghar have their own state?

For years people used BBEG without so much as batting an eye. Now every time it's used there's at least one insufferable autist who shits themselves.

The same was true about crossovers, quests, generals, single-line-of-greentext, and even the greatest blunder of them all.

Yes, user, we all know where to find your mother.