Is it reasonable to be pissed at your FLGS owner in this scenario

Am I in the right to be getting mad with my FLGS store owner over this situation? Thoughts, please:

3 weeks ago, I ordered a miniature through him (to support his business) from Games Workshop. Just a simple item, they have in stock, an HQ choice for my Aelves army.

Now the dude has a healthy GW community and a good relationship with GW, he gets weekly shipments from them of new and ordered product. So it's not like he has a hard time getting stuff from them. (He was bragging about moving 60k worth of GW product over a 6 month time period the other week).

So I place my order, was told it would take about 7-10 days to show up, I was ok with that (though I knew I could order from GW direct and get it in 3....again trying to keep HIS doors open).

2 weeks pass, and still nothing has shown up, I ask him about it. His response was "oh, uhh which model was it again?". I tell him, he says "Oh it hsould have shown up I don't know why it's not here, let me check with my rep". Another week passes, still nothing, I ask him again and the reply is "Oh uh....online orders take a 'long time'".....

On one hand....I love having a game store and want to keep their lights on

On the other hand, it's pretty obvious he forgot to order it, but still gladly took my money. I'll be luck if it gets here in time for the slow grow league I was using it for (next Saturday). And feel like a month to get a model, with no apology, no sense of urgency, or sense of trying to make things right, is ridiculous.

This is what drives people to Amazon/Ebay or ordering from GW direct. I checked today and if I placed the order through GW for the model I wanted, it would ship in 24 hours and be here within 3-5 business days......

Holy shit....just had to rant.

Well, certain distributors are legitly shit.

A lot of LGS owners I know basically spend half their day sighing and on verge of a breakdown due to distributor fuck ups.

I wouldn't be pissed. I would just ask for money back for services not rendered.

Ask for a refund. Dont go out of your way to give money to flgs, its nice to support them but if theyre constant fuckups dont bother. You are the consumer, you look after yourself first, its your money.

I generally tend to side with the business owner in these situations, but that's shit customer service no matter which way you slice it.

Get your money back for services not rendered, and depending on your relationship with the store owner, perhaps you can mention that you are unhappy, he's got one chance to rectify this otherwise you will order future models straight from GW.

>Well, certain distributors are legitly shit.
Leshitly, even?

I'm sorry, that's going right above my head

Problem is, it's a small community and he's the only store owner, most of the GW Gaming crowd are his friends. So if I piss him off too bad he'll basically turn me into a Pariah in the eyes of the Age of Sigmar community. I can already tell he's getting annoyed, and I've only brought it up maybe.....3 times since this whole thing started...

Mistyped that meant to say: *He's the only store*

We have no other FLGS in the area that support 40k/AoS. Next closest one is like 2 hours away in Omaha NE.

If the owner can't handle his own fuck ups, then he's not cut out to be a business owner.
If he's not prepared to engage with his customers, then he's going to go out of business.

You should be more forward, user.

True, but again, if I'm too forward he might turn me into an "unwelcome" at the AoS/40k group. He's the only LGS within a 2 hour radius, so I have to be diplomatic as much as possible.

I'm pretty much not going to buy anything from him, unless it happens to already be on his shelf. If I have to order something, I'll seek more reliable means.

This is a live and learn moment I guess.

low test

Choices are:
Be diplomatic and be able to continue gaming in the only group within 2 hours of here

Be abrasive and become ostracized from the group and not get to game again.

And you're saying that the smarter option is "low test"? Go back to Veeky Forums

No, there's a difference between dropping your nuts and being a pushover, standing up for your consumer rights and being abrasive.

You can be polite, yet still be very clear and firm to the owner that ripping you off is not acceptable.

Have you even got the money back? Or the model?
If you haven't, then the shop owner has stolen off you. If you are comfortable being Milquetoast and not doing anything about it, that's on you.

And I will choose to mock you for it.

I've worked in a FLGS, and there's no excuse for this shit. At most it took us two weeks to get an order in because we only got deliveries weekly.

He has until the start of the league to get it in, if it's not here then I will ask for a refund. He's assured me it's coming.

Now go back to the MTG table with the rest of the stench.

That's a weak insult user.

I just don't see why one would tolerate such disrespect from a business. It makes no sense to me. You aren't asking anything beyond your consumer rights. You aren't being particularly difficult about it.
In asking for your request to be completed immediately, or a refund given, is not only a reasonable action to take, BUT WITHIN THE CONSUMER RIGHTS GRANTED TO YOU BY LAW.

'yo it's been weeks can I get a refund on that thing I ordered?'
'but user I already ordered it I can't refund you now'
'well it's already well overdue if it's not here by X date you'll have to take it up with GW because that's their problem'

you can be firm without squaring the blame on them, even if it's their fault you've given them an out and an ultimatum, if they continue to be a dick then they're a fuckhead and deserve to go our of business

user, I had something similar happen to me.

>Order team yankee rulebook at the store for like 30 shekels or someshit
>Ok user it'll be here an about a week
>Fucking sweet thanks guys
>Come in next week to play on the tables buy a soda walk over and ask the owner
>Hey my team yankee book in yet
>Uhhh lemme check
>Nope user not in yet.
>K, continue with my day no big deal.
>This goes on for a month
>Get pissed
>FINALLY arrives and get a call atwork
>Hey your team yankees here
>Cool thank you
>Want to yell at the guy
>Get into the shop afterwork
>hey user here's your team yankee
>Reply back to the effect of what took so long?
>Shitty supplier lost your package lemme reimburse you user
>Dude gives me the money I payed for the book
>It'll never happen again user we apologize but we couldn't do much more then try and work with the supplier to work it out

Nicest thing any business owner has done for me. To the guy in portland that did that for me if you're reading this thank you bro.

Now that's customer service.
That's a far better, and fairer response from a store owner than some imaginary exclusion or ostracization nonsense

I dont know OP, GW has been fucking up lately with orders.
They screwed up my dark elf order, which was 2 boxes of Black Guard, and one box of Doomfire warlocks.
They screwed up some other guys 40k order through the shop as well.

Store owner showed me the email from gamesworkshop saying they fucked up.

I have something similar happen to me all the time.
I'm waiting for a GW color since 3 months now, each time a different reason why it isn't here, while ordering online from anywhere would means I had it here already.
But I've been friend with the store owners way back before they started business and I already buy really so little from them..meh

I had a flgs hand me an order crushed under the weight of shit the owner had on top of it and the owner had the nerve to play the "what order" game like I was 5 year old.
Never bought from the store again.