Hey /fg, I'm still searching for a degenesis Rebirth pdf (english/german), can anyone help out...

hey /fg, I'm still searching for a degenesis Rebirth pdf (english/german), can anyone help out? Also general pdf share thread

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/folder/lo84b6omm8hxe/Degenesis_Rebirth
youtu.be/0Tw3KaMr8wk
mega.nz/#!Sg9WgSAK!evn74DuTQIdAd9cqBXyZyqmYyyHQOMsxULVzWTpqPqM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

We still got a share thread going on mate

mediafire.com/folder/lo84b6omm8hxe/Degenesis_Rebirth

>Degenisis
>literally Cuckold: The Roleplaying Game

lol

Thank you very much :)
Dont judge me just because i have a hotter wife :(

Like some of the ideas but I'm not a fan overall. I wouldn't play it. Trailer is dope though.
youtu.be/0Tw3KaMr8wk

>literally Cuckold: The Roleplaying Game
uh? how so?

Thanks for the english version
Is there a chance for the german too?

It's a game in which Africans are the most powerful and unified people, ruling a wealthy empire in the fertile, temperate land of post-apocalyptic North Africa.

Meanwhile, most Europeans have broken down into countless tribes scattered throughout the different regions where they're vastly different from one another. A vast number of threats, from dangerous environments to incredibly powerful post-human monstrosities, keep them occupied and unable to unify or progress.

Africans frequently send expeditions to Europe, sometimes bartering with the natives and sometimes conquering them, with the express purpose of scrounging ancient technology from the ruins of European metropolises. Some Europeans are smart enough to know the value of this stuff and use them for themselves, but the vast amount of Europeans are in stone age, maybe bronze age tribes just eking out a living. When these rich black men come along and offer all sorts of wealth in exchange for old chunks of metal or plastic, these tribesmen are happy to trade away the mountains of scrap they live on top of without realizing what they're doing.

Europeans aren't show as evil, neither are Africans. They're both different types of humans, shaped by the environments they've been living in. But if you're unable to stop your politics from affecting your enjoyment of tabletop games and you believe in the superiority of the straight white man over all other humans, then you're probably not going to like this game.

When Degenesis first came out, there was no shortage of people bitching about the game and tearing it to shreds because it has Africans being more prosperous than Europeans, despite the fact that the mechanics and the setting have far more serious flaws than that.

Thank you for the detailed answer!

Not a problem.

An important part of the setting that people miss out is the fact that the Sepsis (the virus that came in the apocalypse-causing meteors) not only creates those powerful post-human monstrosities that differ depending on the region they're in, but they also impact the humans of those regions by forcing them to adapt in a certain fashion.

In particular, Africa wasn't seeded with any post-human monsters but was instead seeded with the Psychovore, some sort of horrid blue-green fractal plant that immediately kills all other life on contact. It grew all across Africa and hemmed the African population into a fertile, temperate paradise on the Mediterranean coast where they forced to mingle and unite. The situation was practically designed to force Africans to unify and form a prosperous empire, whereas the Europeans weren't so fortune and were forced to adapt in other ways, to other threats.

Nolyn go home.

That's all I have.

True. Considering that depending on where you live in Europe, you're either enthralled or resisting enthrallment by bloated pheromancers, the ground erupts into spore field death traps for several kilometers, your head erupts into gore from the screams in the Balkan region, everywhere you go there are vermin and arthropods the size of squirrels roving around looking for blood, and more than half the continent is covered by horseshit anomalies that will kill you dead or pervert you into some sort of monstrosity.

In Africa the rules more or less break down into: don't touch the alien plants and don't swim in the ocean.

I have a (relatively bad) camscan of the german version somewhere, if you're interested in that.

There's also the fact that the world's cooled down to the point that much of North Africa is no longer scorching desert and is now a fertile flood plain, while everything North of Poland is covered by a gigantic glacier it's so fucking cold in Europe.

>oh boy a Degenesis thread on Veeky Forums!
>/pol/ post within the first four posts

Like clockwork.

Fuck off back to /pol/.

>But if you're unable to stop your politics from affecting your enjoyment of tabletop games and you believe in the superiority of the straight white man over all other humans, then you're probably not going to like this game.

Isn't that what Racial Holy War is for anyways?

I am currently running this for my group and everyone loves it. The cults and lore is really fun and interesting. Can we once have a thread where we just talk about the game instead of black people. I would say that 90% of the games take place in Europe anyways because that is where are the interesting stuff is happening.

Seriously, half the time the Africans feel like Native Americans in Western movies. Just a weird threat from an alien culture over the horizon.

But anyway, I remember reading the original game and there were guidelines for what kind of conflict to run in your game. I haven't been able to find it again in Rebirth but it was a list of "X vs Y" and was something like:

Crow vs. Lion
Cult vs. Cult
Culture vs. Culture
Culture vs Cult
Homo Sapiens vs. Homo Degenesis

Which type of game to you guys like to run in Degenesis? And if anyone knows where I read that from, can you point me to it?

>s.jpg
When you right-click on a thumbnail, you need to hit "Save link as..." to get the actual picture, "Save image as..." just gets you the thumbnail.

It's from the first version of the game, p. 350 of this pdf:
mega.nz/#!Sg9WgSAK!evn74DuTQIdAd9cqBXyZyqmYyyHQOMsxULVzWTpqPqM

The games I played (and ran) were usually a mix of those, although we never did anything in Africa.

My gaming group just saw our GM pull the plug on a different system's campaign out of tye blue. I've been considering if I should try my hand at running a Degenesis campaign to fill the void.

I dig it, but my lack of experience with GMing, the amount of information to try and parse for them, and seemingly lethal system all worry me.

hellvetica is pretty based thou
a lot of technologie still around.
it s basically just like what it was in the egyptian empire when natural resource were easy on them so they prosper.
but the harshisp of the european continent will make them stronger just like what happened.

good on you the game is great the rules are fluid and the world is nice
i just wish 6mv would take a stand on the background instead of being vague and unclear on a lot of stuff.

Ya, it was a little rough at first learning the new system that is a lot crunchier then dnd (The only other system I know). But I got over it in a few sessions, it's actually not that bad once you get used to it.

Make sure your players know how lethal is it. Character creation is fast and fun so then can hop back in the game in 5 minutes, plus players my players kinda love the danger of it.

My first campaign I ran, I didn't know the rules and settings that well, and all my players assumed it was like dnd where the party HAD to have diversity to fill the roles. We basically had one of each, no matter if they belonged or not. It was awkward having a Judge and an Apocalyptic in the same group. But not as bad as a min maxer the chose Hellavitic, and I stupidly allowed it. Way too powerful, starting with a full assault rifle and heavy armour. Plus he did every background to maximize reaction (initiative) to get as many bonus attacks as possible.

One character didn't quite understand the character building and made one with no initiative, and no movement. He literally could only move one meter per round.

My new campaign I have really constrained all my characters to one cult so they can be united by a common goal and not fight all the time. I let decide the type of game they wanted and they all chose apocalyptic. Right now they are roaming the wastes of Borca trying to start a nest of their own, and fighting Judges and other Apocalyptic flocks along the way. Its fun!

The Hellvetics are a tribe that managed to hole themselves away in relatively safety and maintain a number of traditions without degenerating too badly over time. Sure, they fetishize military doctrine a little too much and maybe they're a little inbred but they're an example of a group of people that endured the apocalypse without losing themselves in the process.

And honestly, it doesn't matter how strong Europeans are made by their hardship, they're already far behind. The Protectorate is barely held together by several squabbling factions and is only just the size of West Germany, while the African empire covers most of North Africa and is unified and stable.

Unless some sort of threat emerges to threaten the Africans, they're too far ahead for the Crow to catch up.

You mean like the encroaching psychovores for example?

>psychovores that are going make the Africans in mindless slaves/zombies to the crazy alien plants
The Africans are more fucked then the Europeans, since the Africans aren't taking the threat as seriously as they should.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that - almost all Africans know to stay the fuck away from the psychovoric jungle, and the Anubians can (sort of) control the Psychovores. And I bet the Anubis Consortium, or what's left of it, are actively looking for a solution to the problem along with searching for the purestrain...

Sweet, thanks. Has anyone ran In Thy Blood yet? I recently got around to it and started reading it and it seems pretty fun.

I'm tempting to just stick to one Cult, but I'm afraid it would be too limiting since all the cults are so interesting I feel like my players and myself are missing out on a lot of the system.

Although there are some cults that lend themselves more to play like this, Apocalyptics being one. But something like Spitalians would probably start with a party of just Famulancers and feel very samey.

If you want to run mono-cult games, it might be a good idea to increase the starting XP a bit, as in many cases the more varied and interesting ranks aren't accessible with the starting XP.

My big complaint about it is that it seems to rely too heavily on everything staying on track, and on the proper timeline. Carmino, in particular, comes across as more of a DM nanny than a particularly fun NPC, and acts as a way to prevent players from doing their own thing.

I still get the feeling that in the end run, Homo Sapiens are going to die. Then again, when I went to play Degenesis with my friends, we went with the Sapiens vs Degenesis kind of style.

What parts of the books should players stick to reading versus what parts the DM should read? I assume DM should strive to read most of the material, but other than cult, culture, and character creation notes, what should players consider need-to-know? Or rather, is there anything players should not know going in?

I find it more accurate to say that a group should probably stick to a rather specific coalition of cults that works with the theme.

It's hard to justify a Spitalian, Apocalyptic, Neolibyan and Paler teaming up to fight a threat but you can easily have a group with a couple of Spitalians, a Judge and a Chronicler doing some Protectorate shenanigans, or a bunch of Scrappers, Apocalyptics and Chroniclers engaging in some exploration and looting. So on and so forth.

For Crunch, have them read Chapter 5-8 in Katharsys, 9 if their character has any experience with Burn.
For Background, the chapters pertaining to their cult and culture in Primal Punk should be enough, unless their character has a reason to know more about other cults than the short stereotypes provided with every cult background.

>game features actual race-war
>/pol/ gets pissy because thy do not win by default

seriously, why are they such huge pussies?

Well, for the most part the Africans have conquered Hybrispania (although they're gradually being pushed out by guerilla fighters that are being aided by one-eyed mutant prophets), have gotten their shit pushed out of Balkhan, engage in a great deal of trade with Purgare and sneaked into Franka over a century again and looted it for all it was worth back then, ripping off the locals all the while.

So Africans haven't outright won.

this

Because at 14 years old, few people have developed much of a social toolkit.