/swg/ - Star Wars General - Non-Standard Astromech Edition

Previous Thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Q9-X2
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/R2-Q5
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/R5-series_astromech_droid?file=R5astromechs_btm.jpg
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Paper/Legends
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Flimsiplast
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/S19_astromech_droid
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That is a pretty sweet astromech, where is it from?

Additionally: what is the best way to run a FFG star wars campain online?

Q9 is pretty cool

Discord

If you shekel up you can use a Roll20 API with all the fancy dice. It's not pricey at all, especially if you divide the cost by the players.

Discord and Roll 20.

You need to sub for the dice roller, but its like 10 shekels

Do individual players have to chip in?

No, only the GM.

No, but it helps

Is there a reason why hyperspace computers in SW need to be in autonomous droid bodies? What's the advantage? Seems inefficient and in the X-wing, too exposed to getting shot.

Excellent

Greedy astromech companies making deals with starfighter manufacturing?

that looks like it's going to take off at any moment

Legends Incom tried making X-wings that had regular computers in place of astromechs. Turns out that shit became too easy to sabotage. Turns out astromechs work wonders as car alarms, in additon to all the stuff they can already do.

They don't NEED to be, the Falcon doesn't use one, but astromechs are veritable Swiss army knives of star wars droids and they can be good companions as well.

To sell toys

because droids are magically more awesome than non-droid computers.

Q9 loved self-improvement.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Q9-X2

Quick Armada question.

A friend of mine was kind enough to give me some turbolaser reroute circuit promos, would using them on a arquitens in conjunction with Needa to have the option of keeping a second evade freed up or using the reroute on both attacks be a good idea or is it overkill? For reference I'm running Tagge. I can also post the full fleet list if it helps.

While I'm asking what are you anons currently running and what are your local metas like?

Stuck on my next encounter for my AoR group, anons. They've just made contact with a cantina owner who needs them to find and liberate a prison, but I need an organic way for them to get some info about the prison.

Stormtrooper defector? Slicer? Give it your best shot.

It's a bar. Make a minigame about getting some drunk troopers to tell you info.

Kidnap and hack an imperial information droid.

Hmmm. I remember seeing astromech droids in the Deathstar or at least the Stormtroopers seems ok with R2's presence. But I never see the Imperials actually using the astromechs in spacecrafts.

that would increase the price

They use some in Rebels. There's also starwars.wikia.com/wiki/R2-Q5
They just don't need them for TIEs since they aren't hyperspace capable.

Best girl reporting in

is that a banking clan frigate in that pic (top right)?

There's a ship modification in one of the supplements that is essentially a droid brain devoted to astrogation.

TRC+Needa wouldn't be a bad idea if you think you'll be able to keep your Arquitens at long range (which is easier for a broadside ship than something like the Nebulon-B).

Also R5 units. Once again on the Deathstar Source: Wookipedia starwars.wikia.com/wiki/R5-series_astromech_droid?file=R5astromechs_btm.jpg

And probably R1 units. They are painted black which screams Imperials. Though I have no source on that.

Hutt Jedi are badass af

Yeah, I believe so.

Thats the plan, to take up a flank and run down it. That way it can prey on targets of opportunity, assist the ISD, and intercept light craft that want to try and get at the ISD's rear on whichever flank its posted on. Or at least thats what I hope.

Defector is the opposite of organic, too coincidence-y. Slicer would work i guess

If you wanted info about a prison irl you would talk to someone involved in the law, law enforcement, or a criminal/ex-prisoner

My group uses fantasy grounds with the EotE mod

>even bothering with lightsaber combat

How the hell is that Hutt supposed to protect the 70% of its body out of reach of the lightsaber?

So I'm thinking about running a Star Wars campaign but I can't decide which to run. AoR, FaD, EotE, or something else entirely? My players are most interested in running an Imperials game but which books should I use for that? Thanks in advance

EotE, AoR, and F&D all use compatible rule sets, so you could play force sensitive smugglers working with the rebellion or imperial inquisitor bounty hunters or whatever mix you want. I don't have much experience with force sensitives in a party but from what I understand by the time they've invested in picking up and throwing particularly big objects or whatever force powers they choose the rest of the party will be doing pretty heroic things as well.

The EotE and AoR classes could all work. F&D classes are all for force-sensitives, and they aren't overpowered compared to regular pcs (gadgeteers are probably still the best spec in any of the 3 lines, and bounty hunters can follow it up with the very strong assassin spec).

The most broken thing in the game is using jury rigged to reduce the cost of activating auto fire from 2 advantage to 1, and the second is probably the doctors pressure point talent. Force powers are good, but very exp-intensive.

Credible arguments have been made for both Obligation and Duty in an imperial game. There is a fan-created imperial duty table in the pastebin which you might find helpful.

If you're fine with older games you could run WEG D6, 1e works well for a pick up & play game and 2e Revised is pretty good too. Good Sourcebooks for things and stuffs.

SPACE POPE!

Hey, I was having a look at the Star Wars Roleplaying Game page on 1d4chan and saw the "end qualities" and "end damage" table for lightsaber crystals. I can't find any mention of this in the index. Do any of you guys know what this means? cos some of the benefits seem pretty cool.

Fractal's Ton-Falk carrier looks pretty neat
Its like a big pregnant goldfish for all of Raith's baby's

You can essentially 'mod' the lightsabre after you build it, so they're like little upgrades you can get to that particular crystal (pg 195 crb)

Forgot to add: ISB Sector Chief is using it as her own private prison. SO security clearances etc. needed to be a guard there.

It's also 2 GR-75's connected and hidden in an asteroid belt, if that helps.

Gadgeteer/outlaw tech with a jury rigged light repeater is broken as shit.

EPT for Vader? Predator seems good, but would his dial work with Expertise? I'm thinking something like:

Darth Vader
Expertise, Title, Computer, Engine Upgrade

"Quickdraw"
Predator, Title, Fire Control, Lightweight Frame

Omega Leader
Juke, Comms Array

I like this idea.

Anyone created a villain for there FFG campaign using the inquisitor rule in FaD? How did it work out vs a Rebel or Scum party?

I have no force users in my group but they have over 100 obligation, 70 points of it are directly related to the empire. The closest thing I have to a big bad is an ISB agent who has risen through the ranks and knows one PC (obsessed with artifacts and antiques) has a holocron.

Is it in character to send a combat-monkey Inquisitor to hunt them down at the behest of the ISB agent? Is that too dickish/punishing/ That DM to do?

I'm quite proud of it. If they capture it, it means they can add a transport flotilla to their growing fleet, as I'm using armada for fleet combat.

>Is it in character to send a combat-monkey Inquisitor to hunt them down at the behest of the ISB agent? Is that too dickish/punishing/ That DM to do?
Use a pair; one combat monkey one more detective-y. Start with just one probing their area after reports of possible Jedi activity. If they jump on them to fight, have them jet and come back with the second. If they run, have the two chase them.

AccCorrector and Ruthlessness for OT Prime Vader

I feel Inquisitors would only be sent if Imperials believe that a Jedi is involved. So far, they only know that they have a holocron, which is useless without the Force. More mundane force would be the most reasonable Imperial response, unless they know that the holocron contains information that could threaten the Empire.

Logistics. Who's bringing the space prison food, water, new prisoners, rotating guards, etc.? Odds are it's not the Empire's best and brightest. Even if it is above the usual transport shuttle pilot, it is probably routine enough to establish a pattern and possibly determine a way in. If it's the pride and joy of the sector chief, there will be inspections to show it off.

And Palps wouldn't want to risk inquisitors taking a peek.

>If it's the pride and joy of the sector chief, there will be inspections to show it off.

That's the thing. She's ambitious and ruthless, but she also keeps secrets because she's afraid of looking bad at all.

She legitimately will not call in inquisitors because word might get out that she's lost control of the situation.

He's very fast and can afford to lose the tail if he REALLY fucks up.

Why does he have two sized guns? The Ton Falk has no turbolasers.

Jury rigged Heavy rifle with Augmented spin barrel is better in every way. (WHY can't Light repeaters get the augmented spin barrel anyway?)

Would the ISB really use two outdated clamshells full of modular containers as a prison?

Not very imperial feeling.

On the other hand they can literally steal the ENTIRE prison which is metal as fuck.

None of it is authorised It's where the sector chief goes to hide any seditious elements so that if COMPNOR come sniffing she can go "Nope, no rebels here. I'm doing a good job."

It also helps she's using Rebel ships against them

Are the Selkath ever brought up again outside of KOTOR? I wanna do an aquatic plot arc and don't wanna do Kamino or Mon Cal.

Not in nucanon yet

What about Selonia?

>aquatic
>posts a species that lives in caves

user...

What about in Legends?

What is that art from?

I think they fell back into being a backwater after Bacta was invented. There are a couple bounty hunters from there in the Clone Wars.

it's occured to me that expertise is really useful for anything woth advanced proton Torpedoes.
Could Major ryhmer with APT, expertise and extra Munitions be worth the 38 points for 2 turns of near guaranteed 5 dmage attacks at range 2

They appear several times in the Clone Wars. They're perfectly canon.

IIRC Selonians live in tunnels under a planet surface covered in oceans.

They're space otters, and otters are aquatic mammals right?

Do Naboo.

Probs need engine upgrade and long range scanners

How long do we usually need to wait for scans in the post Neuromaniac world? No Disintegrations is in people's hands now.

Imperial fighters dont have hyperdrive so that's a non-issue for them.
Their larger ships have more dedicated hyperdrive navicomps so it's not a big deal. They do use R5 units though, just not for astrogation purposes.

>Lock Pads are dropped when drod is stopped
>drod
I don't know why but i'm finding this typo way too funny

It can't have both, no real need for LRS anyway though. At PS7 ryhmer doesn't have as much issues with getting locks the regular way.

Right you are. You're going to struggle to get something locked and in arc at R1 without it, though.

>Doubles as a printer.
In all honesty, it would probably be very useful when fighting imperial bureaucracy.

Without the engine upgrade? Yeah probably.

Though thats part of the point of doing it with ryhmer, his advanced protons are range 1-2.

Oh right. Forgot that.

Actually, does Snap Shot work at Range 2 for Rhymer?

What model of Astromech is that?

But there's no paper in Star Wars

Damn, you're right. Don't they have ID cards, licences and wanted/propaganda posters, though.

Not in Legends.

True, reminds me of those free standing gronky office printers
Probably make a line of droids that look just like them

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Paper/Legends

Players are currently the target of two different Imperial investigations; one from Imperial Intelligence, due to some weapon R&D info they inadvertently stole, and one from the Inquisitorius, for killing an Inquisitor in the past and leaving a body covered in lightsaber wounds.

If the two organisations managed to connect the dots that they're targeting the same group, do you think they'd consolidate resources? Would an Inquisitor just commandeer the entire operation, or would they work cooperatively?

Try an adventure for each and see what fits.

Yeah

In Rebels S1, the Grand Inquisitor pretty much had command over ISB agent Kallus.
So it really depends on ranks, I'd say. Or they could just do a joint operation, but I don't know enough about the military to say how that would work.
Whatever makes a better story is what you should be going for anyway.

It's not that their is no paper in Star Wars, it's just that paper is obsolete in Star Wars.

>dubs of truth
the OT had little/no paper even in a backwater like tatooine
the Death star had tiny microcomputers at each chair of the conference table

Knowing Star War? they'd both try to one up eachother trying to get control, and cock it up allowing the target to escape, then switch to full "it was the other guy's fault" mode.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Flimsiplast
kind of paper.. or plastic, whatever.

How do you guys allocate credits? Almost every single session my players argue about how to spend the credits and I end up having to spend the credits for them. Its doesnt seem right and I would rather my players be able to spend the reward how they see fit.

Give each group member an equal cut of the pay.

In AoR, the commander divides them amongst the party, thankfully the leader of the group is a mature guy with legitimate charisma and leadership qualities in and out of character so there's rarely issues.

In EotE though, cuts are arranged as part of the job, but in spite of that they are usually allocated by gunfight. That group has a very high PC turnover rate.

My players have agreed to divide everything according to number of players plus one, for a generic party fund. This applies to all or games and works out pretty well.

My current meta is in XI7 hell. San Antonio meta is hyper-fucking-competitive and sent Justin-fucking-Curtis to the final table last year. I'm one of the worst players in the group, though. Been having some success with double turbolaser turrets on a Paragon AFII, mainly because it isn't expected.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/S19_astromech_droid

My players split credits from jobs evenly, and then if they personally have any excess they don't have an immediate need for, they'll often dump it in the group bank, which is where they stockpile money for big group expenses like ships.

They also have regular income from a cantina they own, which gets divided up between the group fund and paying the NPCs they keep around.

We wait until we go out and buy a copy of the book, while complaining at people for providing low quality scans/pictures of pages.

Someone needs to spurdo that one at the bottom.
>tie fighters o fuggg >:DDDDD