A post-apocalyptic scenario in which a giant earthquake kills everyone and teleports vikings...

>A post-apocalyptic scenario in which a giant earthquake kills everyone and teleports vikings, samurai and knights through time and space to the same land where they war each other for resources until they forget why they're fighting and just fight

What do you think about my worldbuilding?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GvrOlKUUSlI
hurstwic.com/history/articles/manufacturing/text/viking_spear.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Can the system be adapted for Prison Pit?

The later part is cool as fuck

what time period of knight?

cause knight could mean someone in mail all the way up to full plate.

None of the factions adapt using the techniques of their enemies.

0/10 too little water - IGN

Seems a weird hodgepodge of sets. Lawbringer wears full plate, conqueror wears mail with a few plates here and there, warden wears transitionary plate/mail, and the peacekeeper wears a partial breastplate and mostly leather.

Samurai have wooden armor and half the Vikings have little to no armor.

yep, Viking and Samurai better team up, or they'll get massacred by the knights

Or the Vikings side with the Knights because they've never seen any Asians before and think they're elves

So like real life?
Is this represented in game?

I think that peacekeeper is wearing gambeson or even brigandine.

>conqueror

Lord Jesus Christ Almighty

TIME FOR POWER

Just leather seems more likely. It'd kind of defeat the purpose of her going light, or so I'd think.

nah, Conquerer and Lawbringer are about as far apart as American minutemen and modern militaries. Lawbringer would see Conquerer as the most poorly equipped noble in the world

>those outfits
>bones
>berzeker with no bear skin
>isn't that a greek kit on the right

no

>Vikings and Knights are fighting all the time due to religions
>Samurai keep to themselves in new Japan
Seems good to me.

Isn't this what /fvgt/ is doing with their Babylon setting? Except replace Samurai with Fist of the North Star Martial Artists?

Conquerers in the game are criminals forced into fighting.

Samurai didn't wear wooden armor. There was Japanese wooden armor, but most accounts put it as existing well before they came along.

The game looks cool but I hope they add some more factions than the most vanilla three possible that they're starting with.

I want Aztec warriors with obsidian-bladed macuahuitl. I want West African knights in rainbow-hued woven armor and Zulus wearing almost nothing at all but carrying a shield bigger than they are. I want Sikhs pulling a small army's worth of weapons out of their turbans.

That reminds me of the steam game, pirates, knights and vikings. Or was it ninjas? I wish they would include cowboys.

looking at the three factions, I'd rank them Knight>Samurai>Vikings

Knights have way more armor than either other faction, not to mention are better equipped to deal with the armor the other factions have. The Samurai do have the antiarmor guy that could fuck up everyone, but their polearms are much less effective in formations.

Gotta agree with this. Knights in unless Sven and Oda team up. youtube.com/watch?v=GvrOlKUUSlI

Lawbringer is so fucking cool. Like, boss battle tier cool.

Spears were the most common Viking weapon.
hurstwic.com/history/articles/manufacturing/text/viking_spear.htm

>knights kill vikings and samurais because its like tanks vs peasants

Really wished there was a faction of mezoamericans to be honest famalam

Spears are basically the most common weapon for mankind period, no?

Guys running around with stone edged bats aren't nearly as memorable.

I wonder if they'll add any more cultures in the future via expansions?

What would be the coolest to see in the game alongside these three?

Wouldn't take much fighting, sertainy not enough for them to forget why are they doing it. Knights would krump everyone else due to a massive tecnological advantage they have.

Are you just stating this constantly to keep your thread bumped?

Probably the Aztecs. Jaguar warriors are well know and could be really nice in game.

Aren't they?
Considering all their crazy brightly-colored beast costumes and feather adornments to go alongside their signature weapons.

>3.
>Literally steals your heart

Meh, makes more sense than gamesworkshop

Vikings didn't give a shit about religion.
And crusaders only used it as an excuse to pillage and loot

Not a chance, but I want Swiss Reisläufer. More badass than those three put together.

>mfw when an orthocuck doesn't realize everything was justified

what's the point of it being a post apocalyptic setting with time warping happenings if it is practically not different from an alternative history setting?

I may not be an orthocuck or the user you're talking to, but I do know that you never trust Venetians. Never.

gbk2/your dragons and dungeons you pissy high fantasy-fag.

I-I don't understand what you're trying to communicate, user.

Please, who's the cuck? The phoney priest who you worship kisses the feet of Muslim refugees.

Conqueror is literally a criminal they sent to fight or die

Berserker is my waifu

>install for honor beta
>fire it up for the first time
>pick knights, obviously
>load in
>player character is a woman
>quit immediately, uninstall beta

Hints show he might actually be one of the BBEGs in the single player game

They'll probably add more factions as DLC I feel. I'm personally hoping for Greeks.

They main villain is a woman too.

Your waifu is ugly as sin!

It's wouldn't really mesh with how they set everything up. The three factions are integral to the whole presentation and their faction war thingy. Adding a whole new one would be too much work, especially trying to design and blance four new characters. I expect a sequel with more, but the most I expect out of this one is a couple DLC chars for already present factions, or perhaps a playable Apollyon

As far as story goes, they could show up by sea as explorers or something. The balancing thing is tricky you're right, but I feel like this is the kind of game they have to continue adding stuff to for some time if they want it to have longevity.

The faction war is an actual mechanic in multiplayer where players fight over territory on some world map. Then there's the stages themed around them, the customization patterns, gear, feats, etc. Even one new character would be a ton of work. A whole faction is nuts.

>I feel like this is the kind of game they have to continue adding stuff to for some time if they want it to have longevity.
It's ubisoft, they'll just pump out a new game in like two years and keep that up until the developers are drained and the whole franchise collapses from the pressure.

At least they're taking a break from Assassin's Creed, though apparently the new one is getting announced this E3.

I want Pirates, Mongols and Romans.

>Pirates
guns > swords
>Mongols
they'll never add horses so there's really no point
>Romans
yes lad, Byzantines all the way

They'll never add factions who are known for ranged weapons, because they won't put ranged weapons in the game.

Is this a vidya or what am I looking at? All the screenshots ITT look like a game

Add not Muslims so the Deus vult can be completed

Frankly, pirates make far more sense to me than naked ass savages with elongated rocks.

I like how comically tiny their heads are.

It's a videogameThat's not exactly how it happens. The fantasy world where they coexist was already a thing, but the great happening earthquake wrecks everyone's shit and makes resources scarce, so everyone starts fighting over resources until the world recovers. Then this Apollyon bitch decides to perpetuate the wars forever

I agree. My bets for factions are Greeks, Indians, and maybe Chinese.

MUSLIMS
U
S
L
I
M
S

Ranged weapons are used in feats. Berserker has a throwing axe, several samurai faction shoot longbows, etc

Indians are just cooler Muslims, and you can confuse them with them to satisfy your needs to Deus Vult.

Conqueror is best waifu.

>be spear fag
>Valkyrie is fun to play and has a lot of options
>She was also cancerously OP

Very conflicted. Did they nerf bat her in the beta?

She wasn't in the beta.

A couple characters aren't in the beta because they're still working on the balancing for them.

don't they already have bows for the Samurai?

Not as a primary weapon.

S o she probably got the nerf bat.

Shame

The was only strong because she had so many options/moves

If they gave all the classes equal numbers of combos, it would sort itself out. As it was, the Valkyrie could create scenarios for which their enemies had no answer

Peacekeeper a cute. CUTE.

I know you can play the male heroes as female, but does anyone know if I can play a male Peacekeeper or one of the other two female characters with a gender-swap?

>Like real life
Are you kidding? "Vikings", such as they were, had chain.

>No Egyptians
You are not my nigga

Three heroes are exclusively female: peacekeeper, nobushi and valkyrie. Another three are exclusively male: lawbringer, warlord and shugoki. The rest can be swapped

Huh, interesting that it's warlord and not raider, seeing as for the other two factions it's the biggest guys.

What do you mean did not wear wooden armour?
Iron is hard to come by on Japan, they had to make due with what they had.

I know that they had mail and "card" armour, but that is not to say they did not have laquered wooden armour.

I for one welcome buff mclarge huge the amazon raider.
I think they might've just developed the first six before they even thought of putting gender exclusive warriors into the game, and figured to leave it as is instead of make more work for themselves

Also, both nobushi and valkyrie are modelled after female warrior concepts, so I doubt they'll ever offer gender alternates on the locked ones

Yeah, and it's probably just too much of a pain to make female silhouettes large enough that also still look feminine for the shugoki and the lawbringer.

i don't get it. there's been no cultural adapation from these vary different groups basically being jammed up each others assholes for hundreds of years? Language barrier aside just from fighting each other all the time would have lead to radical alterations in terms of weapons and tactics

A female Shugoki would only bring sorrow and madness into the world

All the females in this game look like shit, why are they even there?

Great, now I'm curious what would ACTUALLY happen in this scenario assuming knights don't immediately kill the other two.

It's just an excuse to have deadliest warrior - the game under a AAA budget. Just accept it

because that's how women are like in real life.

Yes and no. The japanese and norse did have worse armor, but samurai wore half-plate with ringmail and vikings wore chainmail and furs (leather). Knights wore full-plate with chainmail in the little spots where plate couldn't go, sometimes with a layer of leather underneath the plate, and a gambison (cloth armor) underneath that. No doubt knights had better armor, but samurai didn't wear wood armor, and vikings didn't just wear leather armor (that said, knights didn't just wear leather and chainmail, so the game is innaccurate with that as well.

>that said, knights didn't just wear leather and chainmail, so the game is innaccurate with that as well.

They did for a couple centuries.

I don't think user ever denied that, he just criticised their outfits.

they could at least pay lip service to the fact that the setting has Japanese, Nordic, and I'm guess franks all in very close contact with each other

I guess in order to figure out what would actually happen in this scenario is to figure out exactly what time period all three factions were yanked from

It looks like the Franks were taken at least after Charlemagne, possibly even as late as the eleventh century around the time of the first crusade judging by the fact that hey haven't transitioned completely over to full plate armor, though this could be due to lack of resources making good steel much harder to come by.

The Japanese are probably from after the establishment of the Shogunate, so they at least have to be from at least the eleventh or twelfth century because that's the time during which samurai backed daimyo began to dominate internal politics in Japan

The norse could also be as late as the 11th century, considering King Harald Hadrada was a powerful enough force to contend for the throne of england during this time period, and that a unified nordic culture had emerged while still retaining the viking warrior culture

>danes become christians
>the only thing that changes is they now only raid pagans and call it crusading

They're not just Franks. You can hear them speaking Latin and Spanish occasionally.

Also, nigga what are you talking about. Even transitional partial plate armor was invented after the last Crusades.

because muh stronk womyn gotta be included for progressive points

Or maybe they're just a bunch of closet gurofags like all warrior womyn fags

The knights speak latin. They're not quite franks.

I know this is a troll post, but it's not even good, why not add:
>try to play [insert that one female-only knight class]
?

i'm just pointing it out because I'm saying it's obvious these aren't the knights and men at arms of the late middle ages like the hundreds year war

it doesn't really make sense for them to speak spanish because the reconquista comes waaay after this period.

Maybe they're from the Kingdom of Castille? That could fit into the time period

This

Perhaps because peacekeeper isn't actually STRONK, but a sneaky backstabber like actual women

They're not from anywhere.