Another Chandra spilling her spaghetti around Nissa story

>Another Chandra spilling her spaghetti around Nissa story

One of them better fucking die in the next bloc, but we all know it will be Gideon.

Why does everything from MtG look so fucking generic?

>there wasn't even any spaghetti
>the writing is better than every other chandra/nissa interaction so far
>OP still bitches
none of the gatewatch are going to die OP, that's not how being the face of the game works

Man, the Phyrexian singularity can't come soon enough.

Urabrask is already working to crush New Phyrexia
The Great Work will soon be at hand

>Implying Urabrask isn't working the slow con

>none of the weathlight crew are going to die OP, that's not how being the face of the game works

>red
>slow

the weatherlight crew were never the face of the company, especially not in the way the gatewatch are meant to be. also only like two of them died on camera, at the climax of the storyline, so you're still retarded.

>the weatherlight crew were never the face of the company

Wizards feel like it's more important to reaffirm newcomer's expectations than to do unique things and risk alienating them.

So what are the odds that the next Phyrexian set (if we ever get one) is going to be a Gold set?
Are Jin and Elesh going to be buddies until Jin stabs her in the back? Are Vorniclex and Urabrask going to start working together out of convenience? What's Sheoldred up to?

How are Karn and Koth going to get out of this one?

>being the protagonists of the central narrative is the same as being the goddamn mascot

aren't like three of the praetors, including Urabrask, dead? I mean, I understand that the novel is kinda a mess, and though I haven't read it my understanding is that that was pretty explicit

Seven died (it just didn't take for one of them,) two turned evil, and three were hideously deformed. And at the end everyone except Karn retired because their story was over. All of that takes the sort of guts you don't see anymore.

Odds are the next time we see Phyrexia next it will be on another plane. Jin wont betray Norn as long as she keeps letting him tinker and progress.

I believe Vorcinclex and Sheoldred are both dead.

It would be Urabrask and Sheoldred, since red and black are white's enemy.

>Aren't some of the praetors dead?
I thought it was deliberately vague, but Urabrask and Sheoldred might be dead. But was this retconned in the new commander set? I thought Sheoldred helped compleat Atraxa

>Seven died
whoa, body count because you're either counting way more people as part if the weatherlight crew than I am or you're full of shit.
Hannah and mirri, I forgot starke, gerrard technically (i guess?) and yes squee died but i don't think it counts if it doesn't stick.
>three were hideously deformed
also headcount, I thought tangarth was the only one who got this, unless you're counting the heel turns.

Would you consider Karn getting Phyrexia Aids a deformity?

Crovax and Ertai were also members of the Weatherlight crew. If you're not counting them because they weren't there at the very end, that's nuts, because at the very end it was just Gerrard, Karn, and Urza's head. You're also forgetting Takara. Squee did technically die, but as I mentioned it didn't take.

not really since he got better and that was well after the weatherlight crew was a thing.

People really care about MtG's plot?

I mean yeah it's kind of interesting sometimes. Conceptually it's pretty good but the writing generally needs work.

Do you not like to read flavor text or something?

I'm not counting ertai and crovax because of their heel turns, they died because they were the bad guys and no longer on the crew. takara's really debatable since she technically died off-camera and was never really a part of the crew.

SQUEE FOR PLANESWALKER 2017

>body count
rofellos
hanna
starke
mirri
crovax
ertai
gerrard

>also headcount
tangarth
ertai
crovax

I didn't like the weatherlight crew, but they did get pretty fucked up. Ertai especially. I couldn't see them putting Jace through the same arc.

don't be retarded, squee for legendary reprint in return to mercadia.
>rofellos
oh yeah I forgot that guy, was he actually in the crew? I just remember he was part of the weird character backstory part between urza block and weatherlight, like Sidar Kondo.

>was he actually in the crew?
Yeah. Him dying was the reason gerrard went all "fuck the legacy".

Why does it matter if they turned evil? The point I'm making is that the Weatherlight saga was a story where anything could happen if it made for a good story. Nowadays they have to preserve and aggressively market what they see as their most profitable characters. As points out, the Jacetice League is pretty bland. Only Elspeth has died and only Tezzeret and Garruk have in any way changed as characters.

Sheoldred and Urabrask or either dead or hiding, and Elesh Norn now leads a Phyrexian Bant. I think the idea is it was supposed to be a perversion of Elspeth favorite plane.

okay, i remember he was bros with gerrard and mirri but couldn't remember if he'd actually been on the boat.

So did Mercadia City literally tip over, or is it still up?

yeah, I tend to forget about him because he never really had a huge presence in the card game

what about jin gitaxis? Wasn't he supposed to be close to discovering how to planeswalk?

>All those dead
>Not even including the Nine Titans and the countless others

Man, Wizards had no problem killing people back in the day

Yeah, now that he has Venser's brain the world is fucked.

The apocalypse was a rushed out piece of shit, but they certainly did pull out all the stops.

far as was ever told it's fine. weatherlight jacked up the secret phyrexian airship hangar inside it, but they didn't demolish the whole mountain or anything.

it matters because doing away with main antagonists isn't nearly as shocking as killing main protagonists. Also my point was that the weatherlight crew wasn't treated as their most profitable characters. They were the main characters of the ongoing plot and given corresponding face time, but they weren't marketed, no one tried to sell you the weatherlight. They sold you magic and the weatherlight crew was there being part if it. I'm not saying the gatewatch is better for that treatment, but that's what's happening, and drawing parallels to the weatherlight or calling for an axe that is obviously not coming is asinine.

>Chandra is a mess
>Nissa is an elf nerd
>Liliana is one step from finding another plane to set up shop on
>Jace is gonna piss himself when Bolas shows up again

Meanwhile
>Gideon is trying to hold stuff together
>Ajani is getting to old for this shit
>The inevitable Elspeth re-reveal will bring her back just as nice and unhappy as before

Once again proving that the Jacetice League is a bunch of dickhole kids.

Can't wait for Phyrexia to make them implode and have Elspeth make more corpse hills.

So besides Elspeth, Tez, karn and Bolas. Who knows Phyrexia actually exists?

We agree that the Weatherlight Saga and the Jacetice League represent two different approaches to writing a game's story. That's obvious. I'm also saying that the Jacetice League way of doing things is boring and dumb.

Anyone they told? You'd think that Elspeth would at least have told Ajani, and now that Karn is free he should be telling everyone.

I'd fashion a guess that Koth knows.

I guess Koth might still be running around somewhere, but that's unlikely.

Did Ajani ever hear about them? Sees like something Elspeth would have told him.

liliana probably knows something about old phyrexia. Odds are in favor of Koth being alive too, so duh. Other than that I don't think anyone we know about. Maybe Jace knows something something based on that one duels game?

I mean, Koth hasn't left New Phyrexia to tell anyone yet.

He mentioned Praetors in his speech about rulers fucking over people.

that's fine, i never claimed quality of either.

So if Elspeth came from an Old Phyrexian world with Negators on it would said Negators have been powered down due to the mending?

that's true, if elspeth and ajani ever had a sit down time on theros he probably has the broad strokes. tamiyo might know something at all about phyrexians too, she's got that one scroll about serra's realm.

I wonder, how big of a deal was the Phyrexian Invasion? Was it something that caused concern for all walkers at the time or was it seen as a local issue?

But user, the invasion wasn't a local thing. Phyrexia invaded and conquered several planes, including Elspeth's.

Wait, wasn't Bant part of Alara? Didn't they all get rejoined? Did they invade Alara?

Elspeth isn't from Alara, she's from one of many isolated Phyrexian planes.

Elspeth wasn't from Alara dude. She grew up on a Phyrexian Plane.

bant was elspeth's adoptive home, not her native one.

while the phyrexians were a very far-reaching problem, they were also very secretive, employing sleeper agents right up until the point where they siezed power over a plane. I think all of Urza's titans were Dominarian natives and/or had close ties to dominaria specifically, and phyrexias tumultuous relationship with that soecific plane was the only reason they had particular vendetta against yawgmoth.

Tamiyo has been pumping Ajani for stories for what appears to be some time. If he knows then she probably does as well

>Pumping for stories

Lewd.

Ajani made the most sense in that conversation, imagine a batallion of planeswalkers summoning an army of creatures against Bolas.

Also, aren't artificial planes bound to collapse?

No because he's a petty atheist and refuses to accept the concept of a soul.

The gatewatch was a mistake

>Also, aren't artificial planes bound to collapse?

Yes, that's why the invasion of Dominaria was such a big deal. If the invasion failed, all the Phyrexians would be fucked over, because their plane was collapsing. If the invasion succeeded, Phyrexia would never go away. The same applies to New Phyrexia. Elesh needs to get her bony booty into action, or else her shit will never take off.

as part of a justification for serra's real getting fucked this was stated, yes. however OG phyrexia was made by some ancient dead dragon walker and it kept chugging right along. also mirrodin was made by karn, and it's fine. ish.

none of that is true. the phyrexian invasion of dominaria was important because yawgmoth was insane and obsessed with a woman who was dead for millenia.

Koth never left the Mirran survivors. Whether he's alive or not, he was too dumb to have a better plan than fight forever.

Yawgmoth was the same way. The Thran exiled him for practicing physical science rather than magic, and yet he was able to reverse engineer a dead planeswalker's brain into a fleet of portal ships.

did he disect the walker before or after the thran invented portals? I swear he disected her on phyrexia after the thran built their first portal.

>The Thran exiled him for practicing physical science rather than magic
No, the exiled him because he single handedly destroyed civilizations and species just to see what would happen.

pretty sure civilizations and species came after the world-dominating megalomaniac phase, I think he was at people and animals at the thran exile stage.

This is a list of things he did while in exile.

>He set the Black-Cough upon the dwarves of Oryn Deeps, inciting a workers' rebellion that nearly killed the dwarven king and ended 1,000 years of dwarven rule.
>He turned the Creeping Mold of Argoth into a virulent plague that ate away the elves there. He also kidnapped their priest Elyssendril Lademmdrith and her healers, ordering the elves to pay ransom for their leader and the cure she had developed for the plague. When the elves paid, he delivered to them only sweetened water and 12 dead healers.
>He set the White Death upon the minotaurs of Talruum, just to study its effects.
>He infected the leaders of the cat people nations with rabies, after which they tore each other to pieces.
>He poisoned the human tribes of Gulatto Meisha.
>He pithed and vivisected the Bey of the Shivan Viashino.

Death to the Gatewatch.

this sounds like something from Dwarf Fortress mythos generator

Jin is in cahoots with Elesh Norn and Vorinclex. He's trying to make a dimensional portal.

Fucking poo in the loos figured it out before him.

>He doesn't know

?

He's joking that Phyrexia already has Planaar gates

>the one good story that came out since gatewatch was the one where Ob kicks in everyone's teeth.

I think that's an important detail they seem to forget. Artificial planes aren't 4evah, so New Phyrexia, Bolas Realm and Amonkhet should dissapear... Unless they retconned it.

I hate them all so I'm happy either way

General Tazri mindfuck was good. I can't remember if that was during BFZ or OGW though. Feels like it's been a while since we've been TROOPed

I thought artificial planes only collapse if there isn't a even balance of mana and they don't receive maintenance from an Old Walker. So a balanced Plane would last, while OG Phyrexia and Serena's Realm would eventually collapse because they were unbalanced Manawise and artificial.

Also, Mirrodin is a natural plane that was barren then modified by Karn.

I don't know if there was ever a timetable for how long artificial planes can last and if maintenance has a role in that.

Bolas is more than powerful enough that he could keep Amonkhet going forever, I imagine, even post-mending. I suspect Tarkir was created by Ugin as well, considering what a drastic effect Ugin's death had on the ecosystem.

Yeah you're right, maintenance seems to be a factor.

I know it seems nitpicking but I love that kind of details, I get that planeswalking has to be an unexplicable experience but knowing the rules of the Multiverse makes the lore more rich.

So is Mirroden / New Phyrexia going to fail? Who would even know how to maintain it at this point? Karn? Bolas? Urza's Head?

>Manavenger
>die
>NuMagic
>have consequences

You're joking, right? You don't actually expect that to happen?

If we rely on the old lore (that artificial planes are bound to collapse) then yes, walkers don't have that much power since the Mending. Also I'm not entirely sure about Argentum/Mirrodin/New Phyrexia being a natural plane but it doesn't matter anymore. Planar Portals are back so Phyrexians will continue to exist. I mean that's the obvious way to go with this shitty plot line.

>Gideon dies and Elspeth replaces him
>Jace bites it too and Tamiyo replaces him
I'd be ok with this; I'd rather read about the Waifuwatch than the Jacetice League. It's not like the writing could get any worse.

I don't think we need to kill off anyone, just let other mono-color walkers get some cards printed.

>(You)
>not being a literal retard

>Garruk replace Nissa
>Koth replace Chandra
>Elspeth replace Gideon

Like a parallel Jacetice League? Like Avengers/X-Men?

That sounds amazing actually. New cast, new stories, not necessarily killing the old ones but keeping them in the background.

>Elspeth replaces him
Elspeth being happy? Perish the thought. Being Elspeth is suffering

I can only hope we get a dredge theme walker as the bad guy.

>phyrexia is aliums
>ripley portrayed by elspeth

fund it.

As it should be for such a generic character, especially one that replaced the one and only vaguely interesting nuWalker (Ajani)

Is this image from a comic?

God i hope gideon dies fuck that his stupid fucking indestructible creature mechanic

Koth is alive, fighting in Mirrodin still as per new print of Phyrexian Arena art

webcomic. Ava's Demon. Shit just started updating after a huge hiatus.
I cannot recommend it enough.

Dude, read The Thran. It's pretty good.

Exactly, he did all that stuff AFTER he'd already gotten in trouble for not conforming to the crazy doctrines of Thran medicine. And even knowing that he did all that shit, they invited him back to Halcyon because they didn't have any other way to cure the phthisis that was wiping them out. Of course, he went full Dr. Oz on them and lied about the cause of the disease to get himself more wealth and power.