What is one of the biggest fuck-ups your character has ever done?

What is one of the biggest fuck-ups your character has ever done?

You mean beside destroying the Entire Multiverse?

Not realising that the sorcerer had turned to Vecna worship in pursuit of personal power - while we were questing to overthrow Vecna's tyrannical rule. Double crossing fuck.

Was cursed to be a spider. Did not learn to make webs. Became spider druid. Forgot to learn something to let me talk to people.

Completely forgot about the negative modifiers for firing from a moving vehicle, accidentally transforming our smooth and practiced drive-by-assassination into an exercise in gratuitous collateral damage.

Cast a minor psychic power at a nobles' fancy shindig and perilled jjjjjuuuusssttt enough that only the player party noticed the ghostly apparitions, but the party guests DEFINITELY noticed taking enough corruption to instantly overwhelm their NPC-level corruption tracks and turn them all into Chaos-spawn on the spot.

Well, my GM had set up a nice, special battlefield full of Imperial Guard, Stormtroopers, and NOT!Tyranids for me to lead, what with my ridiculous Fellowship score. This being my second session roleplaying EVAR, I completely missed the clues and ran to find some random guy the GM may have offed in the background. I am so sorry.

Entered into a slave auction with the intention of freeing the slaves and dispatching a few slavers as quietly as possible. Instead, my no-nonsense, super strict Paladin waltzed in, declared he was there to take every slave, and then proceeded to have his ass handed to him by four supercharged opponents.

I threw a Fireball for 13 damage. One of the dice was a six. Guess what the others were?

Admittedly I've never lead a party into a TPK so "Underwhelming damage" is the worst I've got. Worst I ever saw among players in my group was someone chase a wizard into a storeroom of alchemical fire jars when said wizard knew Shatter. It… didn't end well for the player.

The ghost of some Barbarian king-type was pissed cause some Halfling fuckers had pissed on his grave barrow or some shit, and so was planning to slaughter then and the nearby village in retaliation. My Neutral Good Fighter wasn't having that, and tried bargaining with him. Ended up getting killed and leading to a Barbarian army forming lead by the ghost possessing my former character's corpse and laying siege to a major city, which had massive in game effects.

Made a heroic last-stand after an emotional good-bye with my party. Rolled a 20 and my crit was enough to kill it after a brief bit of combat.

Really ruined an emotional scene.

My high-level monk was pretty much not!vegeta but taller. In essence, he had a short temper and would smash into action right away, which amazed me how I managed to get so high because all the other characters at my table died because of me. The make ironic stupid, my character fell off a sheer cliff mountain and I failed every roll to save him.

My GM asked if I wanted to just save him for later while rolling up a new character but I said no.

While being reincarnated alongside a great hero of old, the bookish cleric of Boccob received one taunt too many and decided to follow the hero to get the last word in, throwing the celestials' plan completely out of whack as they were forced to share a body and the party of heroes meant to save the world was one short.

Please tell me their next meeting at least had a bit of humor to it.

Accidentally launched a nuclear missile at a major population center.

The campaign was in a world with no communication technology, though, and what nukes actually are were lost to time, so he probably never realized.

In his opinion? Failed to romance his second wife before leaving the planet

As a player? Not fucking his sister in her thicc, jiggly ass

On a mission to kidnap renowned blacksmiths apprentice

End up killing all of his apprentices by mistake

Burn the smithy to the ground

Set the city watch on high alert which results in thieves guild I was working for being run out of the city

End up murdered in my sleep.

There's a glowing orange pool. It has been previously shown to require a Will save and 2d6 damage. Paladin sticks his dick in. Makes the save. Rogue sticks their finger in. One round later, Paladin is now knocked out, and the Magus had to tie up the Rogue. In the middle of a populated dungeon. There is no Cleric.

> user's party is in a tavern reminiscing over their comrade's heroic final act of self-sacrifice

> user walks into tavern

> "user! How did you survive! We thought [insert antagonist/big bad] killed you!

> "Nah, I just stabbed it and left."

> "You just stabbed it and left?"

> "I just stabbed it and left."

Didn't make the Con save and was paralyzed for two round. During those two rounds half the party died and the rest followed shortly after because my wizard couldn't lock down the enemy's offensive options.

Decided it would be a good idea to let Nazis clone her in some warped delusion that it would make her a better A.T. Tactician in AdEva.

It worked until they impregnated her with God.

Joined the army his race put together so that they could, quote 'Kill the Gods and claim their rightful dominion over Creation'.

Turned out really bad. Gaia was slain and her blood now poisons the world, Luna turned away from Creation in disgust, and Sol REEEE'd so hard that he nuked the entire continent that the aforementioned army was on and then went full fascist bitch state on what was left.

The rest of the party saw what a terrible idea this was and willingly went into exile. My character ran away like a little bitch after Gaia was killed, realising that mistakes had been made and that he had somehow associated himself with a bunch of melodramatic dickheads who were on a path to self destruction.

Cue several thousand years spent asleep in a non-space before some fuckhead called them back to the world.

Joining a game of fucktards, thinking it could not be as possibly be as bad as it was.

We met a tribe worshipping an injured and dying immortal called the Suffering God. My priest declared I could heal him and then i botched the ritual to mend his wounds. Now he's the dead god and the tribe is in civil war over what to do.

I made a deal with the dark powers and ended up taking strahd's place

Not gaining a skill necessary to defeat the very obviously evil pc in his party. I didn't realize it was so obvious until it was too late.

It wasn't me, but our paladin once killed the goddess of vengeance.

Then promptly died.

In hindsight, we really should have seen that coming, though.

>Alright we've done our month of prep. Let's return to the keep in the center of the capital to make our final preparations for the elf invasion.
>Wait why aren't the guards training? Where's the army? Why is no one else doing anything of import with the elves days away?
DM: Well, none of you stated that you told anyone about the invasion, sooooo...

L5R
Fucked a tainted loli princess, who probably got tainted because of him.

This resulted into her transforming into a monster later into the campaign and murdering him and other 2 characters.

Lesson learned: A Loli is not for loving.

> First game of a new "COPS" inspired campaign. We're playing as city guards.
> Play as a burly half-orc who only became a guard as an excuse to hurt people. Bad cop.
> We hear about some sort of disturbance down at the tavern.
> Adventurers...
> As we enter the tavern, we see their party's barbarian dancing on a table, challenging other patrons to a fight.
> My character charges in to take him down.
> Roll a 1 to tackle, and immediately trip at his feet.
> He rolls a 20 to hit and lops off my head.

tldr: Decapitated in the first round of the first encounter of a new campaign.

>Infiltrate guild of wizards.
>They have extremely dangerous, extremely powerful artifact and are experimenting on it. Basically, it makes the user omnipotent, but much like the Ring of Power they think it just stops time so that's all it does for now.
>sent directly by my god to safely retrieve it
>bust in with my own divine magic gish
>these squishy wizard dudes are way below my level, should be easy
>I totally got this
>kill wizard dude as he activates the artifact
>time stops and does not restart
>I don't got this...

And that's how I accidentally all creation

Your DM is a massive fucking twat. Listen, that is one of the cases when it is time to stand up, and walk out of the game. Just leave your shit there and leave. Like unless you have a really expensive set of dice. In which case, put those away, then leave. Actually, what the fuck, pick up your stuff and leave. Who gives a fuck? But the point is, you should not stand for that shit. I am so done with DMs who intentionally try to screw over the players.

"LMAO you didn't declare you were doing that" well go fuck yourself nigger, this is an RPG, not that fucking programming exercise where you write out exact fucking instructions to make a peanut-butter-goddamn-sandwich. It isn't a fucking pissing contest, I did not spend 30 bucks on books and 5 bucks on gas driving to your house for you to give me this shit. Go fuck yourself. This shit is disgusting. There is seriously no excuse. You are not there to fellate the players. You are not there to indulge the players. But you are not there to fuck over the players. If I wanted to get fucked over I'd work a government job. Anyone who defends this is just flat-out wrong. No, shut up, don't even try. You are wrong. This kind of DMing is NOT okay, it's even worse than the "LMAO NAT20 YOU INSTANTLY NUKE THE WORLD" bullshit, and that's saying something. The people who invented this style of DMing died of heart attacks in 2006 and 2008 and a few other years, and at long last their stupid-ass grognard autism is fading from the world. Do not bring it back. Don't give a jolt to bring it back to life. It was a fucking load of shit. It's one thing if a character tries to dig when he doesn't have a shovel; it's another thing when you say "lol u died cuz u tried digging without a shovel lmao", don't be a faggot fuckwit about it, maybe remind them of something that their FUCKING CHARACTERS WOULD HAVE THOUGHT OF?!?!?! Metagaming shit goes both ways, you know.

As much as I would criticize you for being so angry, it's true.
DMs should not be total dicks. They are meant to be something which everybody can gather with and enjoy themselves (even the DM)
It's not meant to dick over people.

>If I wanted to get fucked over I'd work a government job
I see you haven't worked in the private sector.

Saved the life of the only informant NPC in the DM's stable who wasn't both a double-agent for the bad guys AND sleeping with a member of the hero party.

Immediately followed up by killing the villian-of-the-issue before the DM got to IC cyber with the PC he'd taken hostage with intent to marry.

Not particularly mine, but we once had a Warlock of some sorts that attempted to absorb a massive tree (Think Dark Souls 1 trees from Ash Lake) made of souls.

It ended with use all getting trapped in a book.

in hindsight, fuck that DM. Railroading bastard.

He for a brief shining moment thought he could trust the rest of the party. Never again.

>Get in some shit with the local underworld of my hometown
>In order to repay my debt, have to do a job for the leader of a local, seedy gambling den
>He wants us to kill the owner of another, competing den
>Seemseasy.jpg
>The party spends the whole session formulating this amazing, Ocean's Eleven style plan to infiltrate the den covertly.
>Part of the plan is that we need a distraction to pull some guards outside
>We have a few flasks of alchemist's fire, decide starting a small fire next to the den would serve our purpose nicely
>Wait until nightfall, then put a couple of haybales in the wide alleyway next to the den.
>I stay in the shadows, waiting for the go signal, flask in hand. When I get the signal, I let loose.
>Critically miss, hit the side of the building with the alchemist's fire.
>Struggle to put out the flames, but it's already too late
>Before too long, half the city is burning down, including my family's humble cobbling shop in the merchant district
>Job incomplete
>Effectively banished from town for the rest of the campaign

Sorry mom and dad. :(

>Her actions cause the Purge for all mage users.
>Her Final Student will rebuild everything.
I'm okay with this

She sprang an ambush before all the assets were in place. At least three civilians died, and a jewelry store got leveled.

Shut up commie faggot

He was a fugitive, and he thought his family would be safer away from him. But instead of taking them somewhere safe, I figured, "as long as I'm not around, they'll be fine". Except it turned out to be very much not the case, with some of them executed, some imprisoned, torture implied.
Poor judgement on my part as a player, and I blame myself for it even now, years after the campaign ended.

joining a single session and having my bardbarian traipse up to the final boss to get on with it. his ass was handed to him in a round of single combat against him when he critted, and confirmed his crit with a crit (the GM's a cool guy and even showed me the roll), leaving him with 2 hp.
twas a fuckup, but we gained an interesting invitation to the boss's fortress as he asked us to join or die (tomorrow) before we escaped during the night. fun time fuckup.

This was in Cthulhu.

Dad was on his path towards alcoholism... During the prohibition. But hey, since I had other shit to deal with - like staying alive and clearing my name -, and since the old man would pretty much fite me if I tried to scold him, I decided to focus on the urgent and deal with dad later.
A year of investigating later (it's a slow kind of urgent), we find out the pawns of the BBEG were involved in shady, illegal stuff. One of us being FBI, he puts together a team - comprised of us PCs and some trained soldiers. We go in, and discover the shady stuff is mostly trading illegal stuff: slaves, drugs, the likes. Once we've reached the headquarters, the GM proceeds to describe the one guy behind it all. And then my character said his last word ever spoken :
"... Dad ?!"
Cue my first character to ever commit patricide AND suicide in the same 5 minutes.

>Fighting a 10 foot statue that's become animated.
>Be large monk
>heavy wooden table behind me, im facing statue
>urge to WWE takes over
>attempt to grapple and suplex

I rolled a critical failure with a nuclear missile launcher once. Looking down at the die to see that fucking one staring back at me was one of the biggest "Oh shit" moments of roleplaying I've ever had.

Luckily it fucking just jammed the tube while we were being pursued by a goddamn beetle the size of a tank.

Literally everyone in the party pointed guns at my character and told him to fix it.

Apparently the GM had rolled to see what happened, and if he'd rolled badly enough I would have nuked our ship in orbit.