Tell me Veeky Forums, how do you magic dwarf? Especially evil ones

Tell me Veeky Forums, how do you magic dwarf? Especially evil ones.

Cleric, generally. Though I currently have an evil DMPC dwarf warlock in my game.

>Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer Ganon-Dorf

>Evil
>Dwarf
Dwarves can't be evil, they're the most honorable, likeable and sympathetic race in fantasy and everyone loves them. Anyone saying otherwise is filthy jealous elffag.

Memes aside, focus in on that first part. Honor. Someone, somewhere, has been insulting this dwarf's honor to the point they can stand it no more, and everyone of any relation to the offender (Read: Their entire race) must be brought to judgement for this insult.

Magic dwarves are easy enough with Magical Runes! That's his whole plan. He's carving a titanic, continent sized rune with the footsteps of his army, which will kill everyone inside of it.

you're right, goyim, you can't not like dwarfs; elves should feel guilty for not liking us...ehm, them.

Geomancers that want to extend their mountain ranges beyond their borders, creating new mountains to dig under by invading territory with great peaks.
And who's gonna stop em'?! THEY'RE IN THEIR HOME TERRAIN EVEN WHEN INVADING, MWUHAHAHA.

This joke wasn't funny the first thousand times and it's not getting better the more you repeat it. Stop.

>Memes aside, focus in on that first part. Honor. Someone, somewhere, has been insulting this dwarf's honor to the point they can stand it no more, and everyone of any relation to the offender (Read: Their entire race) must be brought to judgement for this insult.

That's basically Warhammer dwarves, only "honor" in this case extends all the way down to "this guy looked at me the wrong way."

And they never. EVER. Let go of their grudges.

>Tell me Veeky Forums, how do you magic dwarf?
Rune magic. They put runes on things to give them magical properties or tattoo them on their bodies to the same effect. Separate runestones can be activated to produce effects similar to spells.
>Especially evil ones.
They're greedy, prideful, stubborn and callous; you can exaggerate these qualities to make your dwarves evil. To me, Chaos Dwarves are the most successful attempt to date to make evil dwarves. It just seems so natural that a race facing extinction would turn to slavery.

>they value their work and property, take pride in their traditions and culure, take no shit from snot-nosed knife-ears, and are tough to impress, but once you do, they're your friends for life

How the fuck what you described is evil or even bad.

>Wah wah slavery is bad
Americuck detected.

>They're greedy, prideful, stubborn and callous; you can exaggerate these qualities to make your dwarves evil.
In Warlords Battle cry the evil Dwarfs are actually cowardly who make golem and machinery to fight for them.

>ganon
>dorf
>guy that ranges from 2 to 5 meter tall

Oh, I forgot to add: they're impervious to criticism.

Damn right. Because smearing a race in shit is not criticism, and that's what most of dwarf-haters do.

>Can't describe your race without insulting another one.
>Look how good we are.

Evil Dwarves that use rune magic and the power of cthonic entities bound deep in the darkness of the earth. Less fiend, more Old Ones.

Also you could play up the maggots in the flesh of giants lore, literal maggot men with death cults and Chasme demons.

Or maybe the murdering a skald and making a mead from his blood to have his talent, lore?

Or perhaps the coercion of a goddess into a gangbang in exchange for a beautiful necklace, lore?

Dwarves are plenty evil already without changing a thing.

You can replace snot-nosed knife ears with anyone and anything.

Dwarves are like honey badgers. They don't give a fuck. they will bulldoze through your shit and they will win. Not today, maybe, but eventually, your civilization's crumbling remains will be another footnote on a dwarves' book of history.

Don't fuck with dwarves.

Not only are dwarves not that at all, but depicting them that way is so fucking boring.

That makes them sound like callous assholes, though. Imperialist dwarves would make for a good antagonist group.

It's realistic, though. You can't destroy dwarves - they're protected by the mountains themselves. You can't defeat them in open combat - you can try, but legions of angry bearded warriors will pour from the earth and ruin everything you hold dear. You can't outwit them - dwarves are ancient, wise and they remember. You can only hope to stay in their good graces.

If your players don't side with dwarves, i'll feel sorry for them.

Everyone in Zelda is midget.Minish are a microscopic life form.

Here,kids ,we see the best example why alignment is an unworkable mechanic.

Weren't dwarves in oWarhammer Fantasy in decline though, having lost several strongholds to persistent warfare against goblin and skaven incursions? Also, Moria in Middle Earth.

In a world of halflings, a dwarf is a fucking giant.

I wonder how you can consider his post as serious, after he startet with "It's realistic, though."

Not only in Warhammer, they were in exactly the same position in LotR. Wherever they appear, they're generally in a huge decline thanks to their stubbornness and rigid thinking.

Dream Dwarf Sorcerer (Impossible Bloodline) in an E6 Gestalt (Sorc5/Runecaster1//Dungeoncrasher Fighter6). Enchanted towershield to function as racing broom, fly through the underdark corridors goomba-stomping enemies, hasting the party, and perpetually frustrating the party by not learning spells like Gravity Redirection and not Fireball.

Joined up with the party during a jailbreak after having been kept under lock and key for his craftsmanship abilities...and then forgotten down in the dungeons because the BBEG has some kind of goldfish attention span. I'm just now realizing the Wheatley analogy.

Characterwise I've been a bit lazy it seems, can't find anything resembling backstory notes or the like on the sheet. I should probably get around to that before we're done charging into an eternal construct's base to keep it from killing everything in the underdark too.

I can't believe nobody mentioned the Mid-Nor Clan from Confrontation as an example of evil dwarves. Half-Lovecraftian, half-puppets, they're probably the most original take on dwarves ever.

ENCHANTMENT!

>It's realistic, though. You can't destroy dwarves - they're protected by the mountains themselves. You can't defeat them in open combat - you can try, but legions of angry bearded warriors will pour from the earth and ruin everything you hold dear. You can't outwit them - dwarves are ancient, wise and they remember. You can only hope to stay in their good graces.

Nah this is dwarf wankery. Nothing about that is inherent to a dwarf. That's like saying swarms of ground dwelling superb ups are too awesome and how they might not destroy your home, but actually they're just fucking bugs.

I'm sure no one cares. I'm not even sure if it's a joke.

>user can't stop being triggered
At least sperg if you're angry.

>Microscopic
>Minish around the size of someone's finger
Damn, that's means everyone's freakishly small.

>tfw no one mentioned magically forging weapons like Mjolnir

That's usually represented by runes. Runes were mentioned several times.

What are chaos dwarf ?

Underappreciated & deserving of more attention.

There are also duergars if you don't play Warhammer.

Or the Drin from Tanith Lee's Nights Master.

Goblins

Gandondorf is a bizarro orc, he always was. Even when he was a pig.

Oh, someone else who has read the fun stuff!

Eshva foreva!

By completely ignoring the retarded "dwarves don't do magic" rule that came out of nowhere for no reason.

In fact, just like elves, dwarves are extremely skilled at magic. Humans are the race retarded at magic.

He wasn't smearing anything. Those qualities he listed can have positive and negative effects. Evil dwarves would more commonly encompass the negative you incredible autist.

>they can't ever lose cuz they're EPIC ^_^

>nearly every popular setting with dwarves has them less relevant than other factions, or a dying race

That's a ganon-duergar and you know it!

As someone who's told more than his fair share of unfunny jokes, not being acknowledged is way worse than seeing someone get mad over it.

I wonder who could be behind this post

Chaos Dwarfs at the very least have a fully supported FW army and a playerbase.

Kislev, on the other hand...

But user, he's Ganon-Dorf, not Ganon-Orc. He's also extremely stubborn.

>yfw user is angry

I'm a huge Chaos Dwarf fan, but this picture gets me every damn time, its truly funny.

Anyway op, go for the Chaos Dwarfs, and dig deep for their depravity, and you will know the answer.

I'm still waiting for Tomb Kings.

Honestly, I know Tomb Kings are coming, but Im unsure if it will be a DLC, with a map extender, which if happens will be the same for the Chaos Dwarfs, and Ogres.

Or if we will get a third "expansion" which adds the Dark Lands, and the Northern part of the South lands.

Some think the third expansion is going to be the Chaos wastes, which if it happens means we will being seeing TK, and CD/OG DLC, while I hope for a full fledged expansion.

The Tomb Kings are a far greater threat to the Empire then most would think, baring the end times, Settra was in motion to retake back the old kingdom, which means pushing into Sigmar's Empire.

And unlike Chaos, which is backstabbing as all hell, Settra holds the Tomb Kings by the balls, er pelvic bones.

Not to mention the Ogres just migrating again, which would fuck with everyone.

Or the Chaos Dwarfs just deciding their tonka train set is more useful on the march, then just sitting under a Christmas tree.

The Ancient world(in Warhammer) is a forgotten world, yet one that could turn the "old world" inside out.

RUNES

Dwarven mages lug around big-ass silver slabs with their spells on them. Only the initiates actually keep them in sacks or use their hands, though. Any runecaster worth his salt wears the slabs as armour, and casts them as they go. A spent rune is still a slab of metal, after all, and it's more efficient than both wearing armour AND carrying a hundred runes.

Unfortunately, the dwarves are not a particularly creative race, and much of that magic is just raw force direction or pre-determined telekinetic manipulation. Not to say that those two don't have a lot of interesting applications, just that force magic is all they can really do.

And I mean, you don't want to be on the wrong end of a runemaster given their habit of burning runes to launch themselves across battlefields so they can punch their enemies in the face. Not particularly mage-like, but doubtlessly effective. It's also very good for mining and construction work.

Dark Dwarves best race

IIIIIIIIIRON

COPPPPPPPPER

TIIIIINNNNNNNNNN

GROND BREAK WORLD

>the dwarves are not a particularly creative race
Dwarven inventions show otherwise.

Agreed, and besides, In D&D aren't dwarfs normally showcased as the artificers?

Just going by warhammer, they have a modern fleet(if we combine both Chaos, and normal Dwarfs), consisting or aircraft carriers, and submarines(as well as all in between).

They have trains used for both war, and the transporting of goods, as well as varying helicopters, ranging from recon, bombers, and fighters.

Break off their traditional values(aka Chaos Dwarfs), and then you get nuclear missiles(Hammer of Hashut nearly destroyed their capital, and instead destroyed varying tribes of greenskins, and leaving a giant hole in the ground). As well as gundams/titans(The Kollossus is described as a "great mechanical giant" with the head of a bull. It is powered not only by machinery, but by the daemonic powers of bound-souls. It is made up of plated and riveted iron constructed in the shape of a great bull-headed man. It is crewed by Chaos Dwarfs, who ride within the armoured body. On its shoulders are firing platforms where additional Chaos Dwarf crew man flame-throwers which incinerate their enemies. Inside the mouth of its bull-head lies a rapid-firing cannon. The Kollossus also uses its heavy feet to crush its foes."

Compare that to elfs, who use, a bolt thrower.

>they have a modern fleet(if we combine both Chaos, and normal Dwarfs)
Chaos Dwarves have MOTHERUCKING ROBOT KRAKENS