/CofD/ &/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous Thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A
>News
theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-january-2017/
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/braaaazillll-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question
What is the best way a hunter could take down a beast?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/machineiv
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

FIRST FOR RED TALONS

SECOND FOR MAGE SUPREMACY

>What is the best way a hunter could take down a beast?

Best way to take down anything which hasn't got twinked out Defense which they can apply to firearms, with about four of them being 300 yards away with hunting rifles.

These two comments need to switch. Because Mages are just so much fucking better than gay Werewolves.

Same way you take out a mage in Dresden Files: Far, far away from the target with a high powered rifle.

Red Talons are just a bunch of wolf fuckers.

YOU WANT THE KNOT? YOU GET THE KNOT.

MAGES ARENT GONNA SAVE YOU, MEWLING MANTHING

Most of them ARE wolves

That doesn't make it better. Because literally none of the players are.

>Not letting your dog play a werewolf and interpreting its random behavior as abstract dance instruction on what it does

So what do werewolves even do? I'll specify oWoD although I don't know what they're like in nWoD either.

>Not bringing a dog to a werewolf LARP and telling everyone its a lupus Bone Gnawer/kinfolk.

kill their ancestral allies and die

>I'll specify oWoD
They're like really angry power rangers with lots of fucking because they have to breed the next generation for the war.

In the CofD they're really angry spirit police since after their ancient progenitors killed Wolf it fell on their tribes to protect the world from the dangers of spirits, and also the Pure tribes who are dickbag werewolves who didn't participate in that ancient assassination then got all high and mighty and genocidal about it afterwards.

>Power rangers

Sorry, I meant Planeteers. I don't know why the hell my brain shit Power Rangers out

I was wondering if there would be anyway for kindred to become mages (awaken)?
Got a Tremere who is interested in this matter.

Maybe you were thinking of Hengeyokai and its Sentai packs.

Nope, their souls have gone to fuck. Maybe if you cured the vamperism first, otherwise you won't be getting an Avatar any time soon.
Alternatively see I think its called "Dirty secrets of the black hand"

Fight a losing war against the forces of corruption and entropy, die like doomed warrior viking wolfmen. Get lots of cool spirit powers and shapeshift into a living battletank of rip and tear.

How significant does an item have to be for its spirit to be Rank 2?

>So what do werewolves even do?
They're fucking gay, dude

>Same way you take out a mage in Dresden Files: Far, far away from the target with a high powered rifle.

Killing Dresden still required the very active and direct assistance of a supernaturally-adept demon spawn, Dresden actually *wanted* to be killed, and he didn't even stay dead.

#magesupremacy

As for Beasts, they can be killed without too much difficultly with careful planning and decent firepower. Just don't try to take them on in their own lair. The only beings sufficiently adept in the Astral and capable of the latter are mages.

So half-templates stack? A wolf-blooded, ghoul, proximi sounds goofy enough to be awesome.

I wasn't talking about that you retard, good job spoiling shit. KYS

Are you that shitposting frog? You really need to try harder.

Don't call me a frog, werefagger.

I am the frog

So you ARE the frog!

Are you mad because muzzies are raping your women? You do know werewolves are very eurocentric? They are Your Dudes.

I always thought vampires were the most Eurocentric splat.

DId I hurt the werefagger's feelings? Dawwww.

They are, Werewolves come from Asia, Americas pre-colonization and africa/middle east. Also Australian pre-colonizition

No one cares about werewolf history, werefagger.

No frognon, You are the werefagger.

Not even the same person.

You're both werefaggers, werefaggers.

Didn't know understanding what I'm talking about makes me a faggot, good to know, thanks senpai :^)

Id rather be a fag than a frog!

>Gay werewolves swooning over eachother

What does that even mean, I'm not even from Quebec.

I'll have you know that only one of my werewolves is bisexual.

Love is in the air

Is David Hill the Brucato of nWoD/CofD?

Yes.

>Father's thrusting COCK

In that he was behind Mage, yes, but in that Mage 2e was basically a one man written mess with some weird anti-technology screed? No.

Yes, just with less weird Furry shit.

twitter.com/machineiv

Oh wait David Hill, not Dave B. Yes, Hill is. Or McFarland.

Actually yeah, McFarland is the Brucato

>Implying Mage 2E isn't the best fucking thing yet

Brookshaw is the most competent writer OPP has, you fucking MAGGOT.

Don't remind me of it. I'll gladly take Dracula's new old world of drakness and all the bloody junks that come with it instead.

Be nice he got the Davids confused with each other.

I honestly got them mixed up and thought the user was making some kind of weird joke about how both were on mage.

I am apparently very easily confused today.

Maybe, but he keeps wanking Mages despite them being already pretty good, which only serves to justify mageposters.

You're just being paranoid.

Cyanide.

>twitter.com/machineiv

Huh, he retweets Liz "Kickscammer" Sampat? Not surprised, but amused.

I've always been more partial to VX.

Oh, neat.

It saddens me how Valkyrie are treated like thugs with guns, while they should have such things at their disposal..

So apparently in Geist 2e, Sin-Eaters do not have souls. There is a tease that since you have to die to become one of the bound, the Geist is making the bargain with your Ghost. In Chronicles of Darkness a ghost is not the soul of somebody, but rather an echo left behind.

Also been listed that a theme of the game is "people without souls are still 'people' "

Perfect mystery fuel for a Moros.

>R.I.P Sin-Eater

This doesn't make sense. Aren't soulless people the easiest to possess? Why wouldn't a weird ghost who wants to "live" again just take over the body?
>In Chronicles of Darkness a ghost is not the soul of somebody, but rather an echo left behind.
Isn't it only a theory for Rank 1 ghosts? Rank 2 ghosts remember their lives very well and are fully cognizant.
>"people without souls are still 'people' "
What?

You have a lot of catching up to do

>What?
Ghosts. They don't have souls, but are still people.

>Ghosts are people too
Next thing you know you'll be telling people Beasts are still people.

Ghosts aren't people, they're just fake impressions of people.

Regards: A Moros

Is this from Mage? Because I don't really like it so I wouldn't know or care.
So are ghosts soulless echos or not? This seems contradictory.

>Mage hater

You can make a ghost from someone that's very much still alive. This means that while they may be a part of someone (echo/psychic imprint/etc), they are not the person nor their soul. Whether this means they should be treated with callous disregard is up for debate.

Mage and Geist seem to mix together very well.

Nah it's been said before, most heavily in mage that a ghost and a soul are two separate things. To even make a soul you need like 5 different arcana at work.

I imagine that the ghost of a sin-eater isn't aware it's a ghost when its making the bargain, why would it? The Geist probably snatches the Ghost up the moment dies and makes the bargain to put the ghost back inside the body at the price of fitting itself in there too. I imagine the combination of ghost and geist makes do for the "soul" in the same sense that the divine fire is in the place of a Promethean's. That being said I don't think it has a permanent case of the soulless condition.

I don't hate Mage, I just don't like it and I ignore it.
So it's Mage stuff. Nothing important, then.

Well, duh! People can be hated in a way such things as forest fires or rabid dogs can't.

>So are ghosts soulless echos or not? This seems contradictory.
In CofD, Soul is not the seat of identity. It's more of a stabilizing doodad. Live people who lose their Souls deteriorate mentally and spiritually, but remain people. Ghosts are echoes without Souls, but they CAN be sentient people.

Never, not until they realize the Red scare was overblown, but that the commies still are the enemy.

Ghosts are like making an ephemeral copy of a movie. It's not the original, but it still plays like everything on the disc. That being said if you are in the scenario where you are not dead but made a ghost, it's like a sequel movie where everything picked immediately where the last movie left off, but you still only have the burned copy of the original movie.

Mage stuff is important since all the underworld and ghost stuff there is all the same underworld and ghost stuff in Geist.

Reasonably significant to a fair few people, or supremely significant to a single person.

So think heirloom necklace given to the firstborn, grandad's beloved and painstakingly restored mustang, or the knife that a serial killer used to cut a bloody swathe across the state.

Can someone tell me how the ashes of kindred can be used? Some artifacts suggest that ashe can be used for aggrivated wounds.

>"people without souls are still 'people' "

That's what those bleeding heart Libertines and monkey-lovers want you too believe.

Heck, sleepers are barely "people," and that's still debatable and definitely giving them far too much credit.

It'll be a calm day in the Aether before I treat some soulless undead thing who willingly bargained with even deader things to keep ambulatory as "people."

-Azrael, Obrimos Censor of the Mysterium

I'd say they'd be a pretty potent Sacrament for most Death spells.

>Heck, sleepers are barely "people,"
Mysterium pls go...
>-Azrael, Obrimos Censor of the Mysterium
Oh... Well played.

Kindred ashes sound like a great sacrament Yantra for certain Mage Death spells or even a Quintessence for an Imperial spell.

Daksha please, you're embarassing yourself.
Go back to jerking off over your totally legitimate and certainly not fake Archmaster leaders.

Can death magic make a ghost of a still living person?

So my "ghost" would basically be a perfect copy of my mind and we can go merrily on our separate ways?

I'm not a huge fan of crossovers. All lines should be able to stand on their own, and have their own different explanation for things that aren't "the objective truth for everything" like Mage tries to do.

Stop trying to deny the greatness that is Mage

Yes, it's a death 5 spell though. Hell, you could probably make a familair ghost of yourself if you tried hard enough.

Honestly I might do that myself once I get death that high, I alredy have a sentient golem that's an exact replica of my mage.

Then you should probably give up on knowing anything about ghosts or the underworld as those are explicitly crossover material for multiple game lines and have the lore (and mechanics) spread throughout.

Sure.

>Hell, you could probably make a familair ghost of yourself if you tried hard enough.
Why bother?
Create Ghost makes it completely loyal and it follows all of your directions without needing compelling. Which is better than most familiars.

>I already have a sentient golem that's an exact replica of my mage

What could go wrong...?

#MageHubris

This sounds like a completely stupid way to have people buy books. I'll just make up whatever suits me based on the core book.

So are the supernal realms actually realms in the sense of the Astral, in that your soul can actually go there, or by 'collection of symbols' are they more like classifications of the pure symbols of magic whose influence is barred from this world by the Abyss?

This part is really confusing to me honestly, I think I have gnostic retardation

>I hate the gameline but insist on asking questions about it then telling people to fuck off when they answer.
You seem like a fun person.

The mage's vice is Vanity, she wanted to build a perfect imitation of herself before she awakened and got some severe scars.

Also you know, it's sentient and has now bindings to the mage, so it isn't a slave... Probably.

What about an antique from WWII?

I'm not telling anyone to fuck off. I ask how it works, I don't like the way it sounds and decide to use the core book instead. Stop putting words in my mouth.

>more like classifications of the pure symbols of magic whose influence is barred from this world by the Abyss
For most purposes, the above. It's not totally barred, though. Awakenings do happen. Exarch meddling is a thing too.

Okay, so basically your Soul is stuck in one realm from birth to death, the Fallen World (bar Archmastery and Ascension). When you Awaken, your soul projects itself (while still remaining in the Fallen World) to the Supernal where it receives enlightenment in the form of an Awakening from the Watchtowers in an act of Imperial Magic.

When you project yourself into your dreams, your Oneiros, the Temenos or Axis Mundi, then you're still projecting your soul. If you die in those realms, your soul is still in the Fallen World, so your projection snaps back, albeit perhaps with the Soul Shocked condition.

Archmastery is the act of forging your own path back to the Supernal, through the Astral, through the fucking Abyss which blocks it off, and claiming your own hold there. This moves your soul from the Fallen World to the Astral, which renders you semi-immune to world-shaking events which would overwrite much of the Fallen World (Imperial Magic).

The Supernal Realms themselves are a realm of symbolism and symbols. It's the source code of reality, and everything in reality either comes from them, or is placed there from reality (depending which Order you believe).

Your Soul can move wholely into the Supernal, that is a fact. That's essentially what Archmastery is, where you manage to move into the Supernal wholely in such a way that you're not absorbed by its raw power, but imprint yourself upon it.

The second. They aren't 'places' and there's nowhere for you to go to. The reason mages awaken to the 5 paths is cause the lighthouses were made to make the experience intelligible to those that awaken.

Quite possibly, the Spirit within might have gone to sleep though, depending on the character of how it gained its abilities.

It would still have to have been quite significant though.
However given the emotions of the time, that wouldn't be hard.

>everything in reality either comes from them
No decently informed Mage believes that.

The Diamond thinks so.
>As Above, So Below
Gnosticism and Platonic forms, Son.