What's the best way to subvert the 'eating junk food while playing traditional games' trope?

What's the best way to subvert the 'eating junk food while playing traditional games' trope?

By.... not eating junk food while playing tradtional games?

Are you some kind of idiot?

Vegetable and fruit snack trays.

That does nothing to change the stereotype.

>trope

As for a serious answer, if you want to snack while gaming but don't want to each junk food, find something healthy to snack on. Vegetables and the like can work quite well like says, you can put all kinds of things on crackers, popcorn can work quite well, same with finger sandwiches. There are multiple genres of food that will work, just pick one and try it out.

By not eating junk food while playing games.

Or not eating during the game because snacking makes you fat, and instead pausing for mealtime.

Artfully prepared canapes served at designated breaks throughout the evening. Ideally taken on the terrace, with good cigars and just a sip of brandy.

Stop making this fucking thread

If you're trying to change the stereotype of that happening, there's not really anything you can do by yourself. You'd need basically an advertising campaign putting out pictures of people not eating junk food while gaming, and I doubt you have that kind of money.

Also, it's a stereotype because a lot of the time it's true, so you'd either have to get a lot of groups to stop eating junk food while gaming or have to do something to hide them from popular perception.

dont snack.

Since nobody seriously snacks on vegetables (are you a fucking rabbit or something) just cut out snacks all together. Eat decent meals and you wont feel hungry. Its better for your teeth as well.

I thought it was a trope?

Maybe Veeky Forums wouldn't be so widely mocked if players weren't land whales who can't stop shoveling garbage into their fucking gaping maws for two seconds.
TG's are already stigmatized enough without the socially stunted, obese, unhygienic crowd making it worse.

I'm going to tell you a secret that will change your life:

If you hold the Shift key and click a thread in the catalog, it hides the thread, so you don't have to be triggered and forced to reply to threads you don't like, then spend all day lurking in the thread to see if anyone replies to you.

Well, you gotta get those MTGbux from somewhere, to keep the industry running.

The words are basically symonyms

Then why isn't there a TVstereotypes website?

We never have snacks junk food or otherwise. We have a proper meal together before we start the session.

I am forever DM, chief cook and assistant janitor.

>Fast for days before game
>Once your vessel has been purified, the role may pass through you unmuddied in the process.
>Have a small meal afterwards, discuss what you have learned from the elimination of your self and the assumption of the character self.
>Realize all suffering is caused by That Guy, and true happiness can only be attained by eliminating the That Guy in your heart.

Or just start drinking a whole lot of hard liquor instead of eating, idk.

Why don't people eat fruits instead? It boggles my mind, really. They're cheaper, taste better and don't have bad implications for your health. Why would anyone choose crisps over apples?

>Crisps

Sandwiches and relatives. I make a stromboli for game days that's nice, hot, filling, and most importantly at least moderately clean. Veggies tend to be juicy and chip-related snacks are even worse with dust and grease. Pizza is a classic but homemade sandwiches, hot or cold, are probably better for you and even less likely to cause dripping and fingerprints unless you deliberately missed the point and made sloppy joes or something.

Drink world-class beer instead. There's enough calories in a porter or stout to make a meal.

>All these tostitos
Mexican States of America.

Anyway, you want something that leaves the least possible trail of fat, grease, humidity or powder spice in your components and game table. That takes out almost every food incluidng chips. Simple popcorn with no butter, sauce or salt is the safest option for your games.

But the best option is taking 20 minutes off to go eat something and disenfranchise before playing more games.

A single apple is more expensive than thrice it's weight in chips.
Cheap fruits are shit tier like oranges and bananas.

You can't change the stereotype. Nerds love junk food.

>Pizza is a classic but homemade sandwiches, hot or cold, are probably better for you and even less likely to cause dripping and fingerprints unless you deliberately missed the point

Evidently, you've never had a proper sandwich. Either melty cheese, or fillings that are liable to drip out.

Really, just take time out for a meal. My group tends to break to go get a takeaway, because multiculturalism is awesome.

Have a planned break for an actual meal, if someone likes to cook keep it in theme even.

Bring better snacks.

Having dinner breaks is also awesome for GMs. I have a highly improvisational GM style, so having a break allows me to run my games in a two-act style. The first act is usually throwing ideas at the wall to see what sticks: some characters, a setting, a plot hook or two. We then break for dinner which serves as an intermission, during which time I can figure out how it all ties together. (My players usually talk about the game during the break, so I even get free feedback on the spot.) This means more of what I do plan gets used, as it's a lot easier to predict what the players are going to do halfway through a session rather than at the beginning and, because I get to retroactively link all the parts they liked together, my adventures come out very cohesive; this causes my players to think I'm a way better writer than I actually am, which has many benefits of its own.

Twice the grease for 10x the cost!

Fuck it instead.

Or . Peasant Platter master race.

Apples are too sugary for me to be fully comfortable with assuming they don't have any adverse health effects at all

Damn, I thought those were Andy Cap's Hot Fries, but when I opened the thumbnail it was disgusting carrots.

An apple a day gives you overconfidence about your health. Is there anything more unhealthy than that?