What are some interesting peasant classes or professions?

What are some interesting peasant classes or professions?

>farmer
>tinkerer
>antiquarian

>butcher
>baker
>candlestick maker

>Blacksmith
>Barkeep
>Librarian
>Harlot
>Seamstress/Tailor

What's the point of peasant classes?

If someone is a peasant, do they need a full class progression? It just seems like a waste of time and wordcount to me.

Give me some basic templates that I can adjust to level. That's literally everything you need.

I'm about to playtest a setting written by my friend, low fantasy, Witcher-style. He asked for something simple. So I'm playing a ratcatcher and another player is a talking cat. I'm going to Pratchett the shit out of this game.

Ok, more about this setting from the The idea there is that every skill can be developed from 1 to 10, where 10 is literally a demigod-level. And so somewhere around 6-7 every skill starts to become...fucky. Everything has a bit of magic to it. Fisherman? Skill 7 fisherman can summon and communicate with mermaids. Hunter? Skill 8 hunter can be buddies with a leshen. And so on.

Pesant is, in most ways, it's own class. It's a farmer, vellin or serf. They rent or are bound to a small farm or collective farm they work.

In agrarian societies the vast majority of people are these subsistence farmers.

If post medieval, miner can be pretty interesting with a bonuses to melee, explosives, and poison resists.

The way I see it though, is that stuff like farmer or miner doesn't make that much sense when put right next to fighter, paladin, assasins etc.
You should probably either have all the starting classes be regular occupation or all of them be very clearly adventurer classes.

I prefer the former, because I think alot about what's economically realistic, and it seems weird to me that even though player are usually supposed to start as nobodies, their starting stuff ends up making them significantly stronger than even the average guard, which sort of makes all campaigns stories about unusually gifted people just kinda meeting eachother by chance.
I prefer campaigns that start out as regular people who just sort of end up in a certain situation that opens up a unique set of opportunities and dangers for them.

>players start as nobodies.

Yeah, everybody assumes this but the systems don't ever support it.

In Adnd the fighters level 1 title is Veteran.
The level 1 nobody already is a fucking veteran.

murderhobo

Stable-master

>In Adnd the fighters level 1 title is Veteran.
that's because ADnD starts at level 0.
lvl 1 means he leveled up once.
which means he's earned some XP
which means he's seen some shit.
am I going slow enough for you?

not everyone is as familiar with obsolete systems

Can't forget cobbler

Craftsman

>Harlot

Best class

>Witches/goblins/bears plague your town
>No knights, no heroes answering your barely readings letters.
>You and the boys get drunk and brave.
>The hunter brings his bow, the woodsman his axe, the blacksmith gives some dinged up armor that didn't pass his commission.
>Dirt under their nails, fire in their bellies, and their families in their hearts they steel themselves.
>Tonight they fight evil, tonight they are heroes.

Sounds like fun.

I like how in Dark Heresy you start out as a fairly banal citizen of the Imperium and progress normally in your profession (even if it doesn't usually make any sense because you spend your time traveling the system to track heretics instead of doing your job. Even if you're Arbites you hardly follow standard procedure.)

Not everyone should use them as arguments then.

Read through this. It'll give you plenty of ideas.

>what is the gist of warhammer fantasy roleplay 2e?

Lots of systems support it, how many systems have you played?
Especially Whfrp2e in this peasant case.