/hhg/ aka Horus Heresy General Inferno edition again once more

Rolled 20 (1d20)

*Autistic Screeching* edition
Jetbikes > Custard creams subedition

More of the same, except with some real discussion towards the end >INFERNO IMAGE PDFs:
mediafire.com/file/cxrk2978wbwkmv0/Thousand Sons.pdf
mediafire.com/file/t6y7bddxcy387yw/Space Wolves.pdf
mediafire.com/file/8ukjwhr4a8x6tet/Titan Guard.pdf
mediafire.com/file/1voouhaka9bctd9/Talons of the Emperor.pdf

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC

>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HH Discord
discord.gg/wYS2J6b

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/mG9rp/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Rolled 20 (1d20)

Decimation sounds like a great option right now.

Remove Awoo

how did these guys not get teamkilled all the time

the Osiron is an upgrade so the contemptors stay in what ever slot they are taken in.

5 weeks before you can even order the books!!! THANKS INFERNO!

They declared themselves Executioners Executioners and the the pleb wolves believed them

Well, that was a book of much unwarranted bullshit. One OP Primarch and one OP generic HQ so far, the rest is anywhere between meh and superb. Scoria keeps his title, just, and everyone loses their heads over 2w termies repeatedly.

So, anyone thought of a good use for the new Mechanicum tonk? Looks cool, but doesn't really pack much punch against most things (I.E. Marines or Custodes).

I suspect that another requirement for the job was "willing and able to kill anyone who looks like they're thinking about trying something funny." Or at least the ones who stuck around met that standard.

Reductor army could use it to destroy your neighborhood with radphage templates. Hope you like cancer!!

So if you upgrade a Chuck to an Osiron it does not go to the HQ slot?

It shouldn't. The entry says nothing about changing force org slots.

The only reason I could see you think that is it was in the paste-bin for some reason.

>Man I really wanted to play with my TS, I've always been a huge fan of the legion known for focussing it's entire structure around psykers
>But all the psyker stuff rules are so OP nobody wants to play against me
>>Simpleton ! Don't you see ? Just don't field any psykers, and your army is completely fine !
>Soooo ... you're saying to play balanced Thousand Sons I should ... not play Thousand Sons ?
>>Exactly ! Now go forth and show the world how balanced Thousand Sons actually are !

>knows psyker spam is OP
>wants to play an army that spams psykers
>'w-why does nobody want to play me? woe is me'

While reading all the Inferno leaks and tism rage I have built myself some flying tears harvesting units, all hail Scoria! at least its not Custodes right?

True. It's just a tad under par when compared to something like the Scorpius Whirlwind, which seems to be it's counterpart. Reductor didn't exactly lack for horde clearing before, and with Peltasts, Secutarii certainly don't.

Just don't use invis spam or Magnus and you'll be fine.

Psychic spam will play like a Rubric Spam list, where you have X dice and X-2 spells you want to cast. So every one will not be running around super sayain, despite what people think.

Also if you perils, army wide pinning 90% of the time, and If all your IC's die, army wide -1LD and no more sweeps.

People are just panicing because they see marines and psykers and think >O LAWD LIBRARIUS CONCLAVE AS TROOPS. GAME IS RUINED.
When most of the time you'll be casting a couple buffs on your Warlord, and maybe a Primaris or two with the other squads.

It's because I doubt myself and because it said Osirons were an HQ choice in the Legion Specific entry. But thanks.

>psyker spam is OP
>this means that 40k Thousand Sons must also be OP
>why does it never show up on tournaments ?

>Thousands sons get bitching rules
>Thousand sons get sexy contemptors
>Thousand sons get sexy terminators
>Thousand sons get sexy robots
>Thousand sons get sexy psychic contemptors
>I really don't want to make a second power-armor army
Nnnghh

>crying about 40k in a 30k thread
plastic 30k was mistake

What army build is the fastest to update?

Battlescribe is becoming more outdated as time goes on.

I would love one that you could just type out names and gear and assign points costs, like a spreadsheet+ thats a bit better than excel. WOuldnt need to wait for updates once you had the rules.

I see that now, and I am not sure on the answer.
You upgrade the dreads individually and a talon is a single slot of up to 3 so I have no idea how that would work. =\

Regardless, you have to have an IC as your warlord, so that is one slot taken. I don't know how the others world work.

>implying there's good levels of autism

>army wide pinning

If pinning is such a huge drawback, why is nobody complaining about IW's pinning upgrade for heavy bolters ?

Because it is a single unit that was wounded by a IW squad that bought an upgrade, not your entire army automatically if you fuck up casting a spell.

If every IW unit had a free thing that pinned your entire army when they caused a wound, people would be talking.

40k Thousand Sons as a whole are garbage and have been for years, but the Rehati War Sect formation (Magnus plus 3 Daemon Princes) has already started winning major tournaments.

Psyker summon-spam is OP. That's it. Tzeentch Daemon witchfire spam, Grey Knights, Thousand Sons (not Rehati), etc. All of those are fine. And before we get any "hurr 40k" shitposting, there are no psykerspam armies in 30k, so bitch at .

Yeah, 30k Sons are going to be throttled on Warp Charge all the time. Cheapest WC is, what ~55 points per on centurions?

>there are 'people' so retarded that they think the ksons are balanced

Literally no on has said that, but don't let facts get in the way of your shitposting. Pro-TS opinion seems to be "avoid Magnus and invisible deathstars and you'll be okay."

Too obvious, you blew it.
How fucking bored are you that you've decided to spend your time fishing in here post after post?

30k Ahriman has Artificer armour, 40k just shitty bargain bin power armour.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

For a cent it's 70 (50 base)
Optimal at 2k is two M3 Praetors (175 ea naked) and a Librarian (115 ea naked) for 8 dice.

You take that with the psychic RoW and you end up with 12+1D6 dice for 975 in naked dudes, one of which is going with Telekniesis as his cult for the troop bonuses.

a squad of Vets with Psyker, Shred ammo, AA and PF on the sarge is 230 to give you an idea of what the point totals are.

You can get a bunch of Dice and have 30 models or a decent army with 10 dice.

40k took his Brother's armor.

Okay, so Het squads have Paragon blades instead of Paragon spears.

Typo?

Grey Slayer sergeant can take Frost Weapons, but there's no such thing, only Frost Blades.

i just want to know what FW was thinking when they made a generic custodes HQ able to easily beat any previously made primarch

>king's bodyguard shouldn't be able to protect him from his generals

Hey, while you're this mad, can you review my custards list real quick?

Here I was going to use this guy to lead a Thousand Sons army but now I learn he isn't a legal model.
All my dreams are dust

Welcome to the club.
Would you like an ashtray to sleep in?

Counts-as Digital Lasers (+1 attack).

Put his shooty weapon hanging from his hip.

why didnt they just send like 4 custodes to istvaan V? mathematically 4 of them could kill horus, angron, fulgrim and mortarian. was malcador retarded?

I swear there's just one faggot that spams these pugs. Stop posting, person.

this Also make him Pyrae and make offhanded remarks about how his fists burn with an awesome power, and how they cry out to defeat the person he challenged

Does the mechanicum lists have rules for the 40k mechanicus models? Or was that false early rumor whispering?

What power will you cast, Praetor Punchy?

Because who'd protect the Emperor then? Duh!

Peltasts and Hoplites now have rules in 30k. Not normal Skits or Cultmech, though.

Because someone entered Terra through the Human Webway, so the Custodes were preoccupied.

>Praetor Punchy
I'm taking that

why does the emperor even need bodyguards anyway? hes a god-level psyker...

wait, if horus beat the shit out of the emperor, doesnt that mean that some generic cuckstode HQ could beat the emperor 1v1??

why is the emperor even a thing? why not just have a council of like a dozen custodes just rule everything?

He had photos and was blackmailing them.

A thousand son who actually casts fist
well I never

COME AT ME HERETIC

damn, forgot the picture

They're more than bodyguards, they speak with his authority plus he can't be everywhere and kill everything at once.

Updated my list to change the Contemptor into a Mortis and moved the Dreadclaw to the command Squad, and spent some spare points.

Night Lords Terror Assault - 2000

>HQ
Praetor - Tartaros
MC Paragon Blade, Lasers, Halo, Trophies, Halo

Command Squad x4 - Tartaros
Pair of Claws x2, CF, Axe, Autocanon

Damacles Rhino

>Fast
Dreadclaw

>Elite
Veteran Squad x10 - Machine Killers
Melta x2, Power Axe x2, Vox, AA+Glaive
Legion Drop Pod

Veteran Squad x10 - Machine Killers
Plasma x2, Vox, AA+Glaive
Legion Drop Pod

Mortis Contemptor Dreadnaught
Assault Canons, Havok Launcher

>Troops
Terror Squad x10
Volkite x10, AA+Glave

Terror Squad x5
Bolters, AA+Glave

Terror Squad x5
Bolters, AA+Glave

Command squad in the Claw, one of the small Terrors goes in the Rhino, and then the other small one either outflanks or camps an objective.

BROTHER

yeah but whats the point of him even being the emperor when any generic custode HQ can kill him 1v1?

did the emperor (with malcadors help) actually create the grey knights, not to fight chaos, but to kill the overpowered cuckstodes with force weapons?

maybe thats why he didnt give a shit about horus rebelling, because he knew horus was a punk bitch, and the emperor was already playing the long game waiting for a custode coup

Whats the point of trying to equate the crunch with the fluff.

>Marked by the jade scarab bonded to their armor, they stood from others of the legion, a brotherhood within a brotherhood. Able to hold their minds at the highest levels of the Enumerations, the Scarab Occult fought with such unified precision and control that they seemed to some less warriors of flesh and blood, but more automata sculpted in the form of men

>almost 20 years prior to the return of Leman Russ
Wasn't Russ the second Primarch found? Just how much time did Horus get to play daddy's favourite, anyway?

i thought 30k was fluffy???

>that'swhereyou'rewrong_legionaire.servoskull

WHERE
THE
FUCK
IS
FIRES
OF
CRAXUS
?

Pretty long. That's why they were so close.

sev's dead, they're all dead user

how are the 30k rules? anything else in the titan guard army list

march? hopefully lol
how likely is it we will get info on that this weekend?

imgur.com/a/mG9rp/

You can field Vanguard again, or at least Peltasts with Rad Carbines (so vanguard for all purposes, no way anyone would buy the upgrade for the head). They're pretty cool

Any ideas for Custodian Terminators? The rules are fantastic but I don't want to wait an eternity for models

GKs, Sigmarines mixed with plastic custodes bits.

Though we probably won't have to wait TOO long then again we waited this long for Inferno

Considering the rumour that 40K is getting a new edition soon, I wouldn't be surprised if they're holding off until that drops.

I hope they fix the Grey Slayer entry a bit. Why does the sergeant have to take his combi-weapon from the unit allowance (1 per 5), but has his own options for fists and pistols? Why can you have a model with a fist and a combat shield, but not with a power weapon and combat shield?

and they might also be waiting for the combined admech codex too

assuming codexes will still be a thing ofcourse

>in b4 every page is going to be it's own digital dataslate for 15 bucks each

The emperor curbstomp 1000 custodes easily tho

>Any ideas for Custodian Terminators? The rules are fantastic but I don't want to wait an eternity for models

>Custodes get 10 kits a year, which is more than any other force
>It's too long

The sergant can also take a frost weapon.

But those are actually called frost blades, so RAW the sergant can't have shit.

Oh FW, still have to hire that proofreader huh

I still don't know if I can exchange the PW on my NL terminator Sgt for a chain glaive for free or not at all.

The Imperialis militia grenadier squad never fails to crack me up.

>May replace its Lascarbines with one of the following :
> - Lascarbines or autoguns .......... 10 pts per squad

Don't forget the psychic RoW requires two Sekhmet Cabals for your obligatory troops.

You can do some crazy shit with TS psykers, but it's going to require walking a thin line between too few bodies and too few Warp Charge.

Or you can just take Magnus and have too few games.

I still don't know what Ally status summoned daemons have with WB when fielding them as allies thanks to Layak or Erebus. Or just summoning them without without Phaeron or Dark Brethren RoW.

The only right answer to that is ofcourse Brothers in crime

Good Game, Good Books. 10/10 Sev ded and i cri ery teim

Any links to good Custodes pics? The ones I've seen are all grainy.

>But those are actually called frost blades, so RAW the sergant can't have shit.
This is one of those cases where only literal-minded autists wouldn't go for the RAI interpretation.

Any issues with this? If not, I'm going to work.

Not an excuse for sloppy writing.

Very true, but my point stands.

how's this for a small Custodes allied detachment to go along with a LOYALIST orbital assault legion?

Legio Custodes Allied Detachment - 668

HQ
1 x Shield Captain, Meltabombs, Arae Shrike, Sword/Shield, Cyber Familiar, 232 pts
Troops
3 x Sentinel Guard, Meltabombs, Arae Shrike, Teleport Transponder, 216 pts
Heavy Support
1 x Caladius Grav Tank, Armored Ceramite, Extra Armor, 220 pts

The Warhammer Community site has a bunch of high-quality pics.

5 models for 668 points.

Looks fine. Again from last night, a bit short on AT but you'll probably do ok.

Can moritat take nanyte blaster? Sounds really op.

yeah but custodes

Is it a big no no to use this jump pack in the heresy? Would you be ok with it?

Alright, thanks. I really don't mean to pester if it feels that way. I just wanted to be sure before I started modeling them.

Has the Thousand Son fluff pages been leaked?

I want to make a [YOUR DUDES] chapter/strike force of 1ksons without any of the named fellas and want to know where to start.

A few did, not all that many though. I don't have them, but try checking the archived /hhg/ threads from the last couple of days.