Dwarves are always stereotyped as drunken Scotsmen. Does it improve elves any if I stereotype them as being English?

Dwarves are always stereotyped as drunken Scotsmen. Does it improve elves any if I stereotype them as being English?

Wood Elves are from Liverpool.

This analogy works even better if you stereotype orcs as muslims and goblins as europoors.

> Anglo writes fantasy

Unfortunately, all the real RPGs are made in the USA, and we only divide you guys into two groups:

>the fancy one with the "Cheerio" accents
>the scummy ones with the "Oi, guvnur, 'owz about those fish n' chips, roight?" accents

>Dwarves are always stereotyped as drunken Scotsmen
It's time to stop this.
>Does it improve elves any if I stereotype them as being English?
No, not at all.

Orcs are French, gobbos are Germanics/Nordics.
Fits better with historic English conflicts desu

Halflings would be Irish then.

Would gnomes be Italian?

Humans, as always, would be Amerifags, HFY and all.

>Geordies
>Night Watch
>Near the Wall
>In the Northern Reaches of civilization
>Poor
>Made up of bastards, hard fuckers, criminals and general rough types
>Inability to wear anything but the uniform

I look forward to the wood elves stealing your carriage's wheels.

I always thought about Dwarves as Welsh. Both are strange fuckers with impossibly long names.

>I just parked my coach for five minutes and the bastards had the bleedin' horse up on blocks to steal its shoes!

Fucking Scouse Elves

>'Ey 'Ey 'Ey.

>CAM DOON CAM DOON

>Das Schwarze Auge

>real RPGs

>Are you callin' my pint a puff?!

>HFY and all
>From English point of view
Nah,you'll be just an overgrown bunch of nothing-good for dwarf descendants who only got their wealth because by jewing.

>Das Schwarze Auge

>real rpgs

>grumbles in French

>Das Schwarze Auge

>real rpgs

>Das Schwarze Auge
>APPPГХЪ

>real rpgs
This is what every argument on Veeky Forums eventually boils down, isn't it?

Don't be silly.

Sometimes we also discuss which fantasy race makes the best waifu. It's Scylla.

In Tolkien, it's the Hobbits who are English. And dwarves are actually more like Jews than Scots.

Honestly I think elves work best as stereotypical Frenchman. Elitist, melodramatic, hipsterish, pretentious, cowardly and effeminate.

I could maybe see britdwarves working, though. Strict, easily offended control freaks prone to moral panic on end, stoic yet kooky intellectuals on the other, and a big ol' boisterous working class in the middle. Very, very strong mutual love-hate relationship with elves.

>Das Schwarze Auge
Nah,sometimes faggot finally accepts the truth

>real rpgs
On Veeky Forums? Really?

Dash bares augur

>tfw my setting has the humans fracture into different cultures
>Humans that revere the elves are french

>Be Human
>Make my way to the nearest inn
>See an elf get GREENED in clear view
>Debate internally whether I should pretend I saw nothing or call for help when I hear someone shouting from behind me
>"OI, WACHU LOOKIN' AT?"
>Turn around to see a scrawny, scummy elf wearing a wifebeater
>"U GOT PASS ME A QUID FOR A ROUND, YEH?"
>Politely ask him to repeat his question in plain English, or maybe French or German
>He grits his teeth
>"U FOOKIN' WOT M8? U R 1 CHEEKY KUNT, YA HEAR? AMMA KNOCK YE ON TA GABBER! AMMA GLASS U SO HARD YER MUM WON'T E'EN REC'NAISE YA I SWER ON ME MUMS LYFE"
>Awkwardly excuse myself and powerwalk out of there
>"TWO WURL WORS 'N ONE WURL CUP"

Just another random encounter in Merry Old London.

Dwarves aren't always Scottish. They're often just Northern British, so Yorkshire as well. There's good reason for this though, Tolkien as somewhat influenced by Northern mining culture. I suppose they could be Welsh also. Gimli in the Peter Jackson films kind of dips into many Northern accents.

If this is the case then I suppose you could juxtapose this with the Elves refinement and portray them as Southerners.

To be honest, nearly ever Fantasy race has some connection to a part of the British Isles. The rest of the world must be butthurt.

>It's another "the British think everyone hates/envies/loves them when they're overwhelmingly indifferent" episode

To be fair, both of those are probably true at the same time. Britain is one of the most classist countries in Europe if not the most classist.

Being an ex-brit in the US, I can say this is true. There is a heavy emphasis on class. Owning any amount of land is unheard of outside of the upper middle class.

The Middle Class of America is far closer to the British Upper Working Class. Middle Class in the UK typically has at least the first child privately educated throughout his entire education.

I tend to make my dwarves Welsh, but that's because I am Welsh, and Pratchett did much the same thing (with his Copperhead dwarves).

Otherwise accents are everywhere.

gween tea

It certainly would streamline my hate.

Two for the price of one.

I'm sorry but what the fuck are you talking about?

Did you emigrate in the 1880's?

Kek, Fantasy RPG as written by Spud.

>he's starting to realise that Game of Thrones is just medieval English history with the names *barely* changed.
Angles = Andals
Lancaster = Lannister
York = Stark

If Elves are English does that make Leprechauns Irish?

>Middle Class in the UK typically has at least the first child privately educated throughout his entire education.
What? The Upper Middles sure and maybe some of the Middle Middles but the Lower Middles sure as fuck don't.

He presented English history that made me care at all about any of those poncey poms.

>Wood Elves are from Liverpool.
Ah, not the hippy kind of wood elf (who would clearly be from the south coast, brighton way), the hunting, stabbing raiding kind of wood elf

Hogwash. Tolkien himself said he based his Dwarves on Semitic peoples.

And that is because Lower Middle class is a bogus term coined to claim that we have a majority Middle Class society and disguise the utter incompetence of our government.

You mean there's a third type of Britbong?