/CofD/ &/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous Thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A
>News
theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-january-2017/
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/braaaazillll-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question
How pulp (if at all) do your game get?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TLSpj7q6_mM
youtube.com/watch?v=5BmEGm-mraE
youtube.com/watch?v=xhbEGSqpu2s
youtube.com/watch?v=a1sf2CzEq0w
youtube.com/watch?v=6Q2NjC6oSkM
youtube.com/watch?v=vympzV240mM
youtube.com/watch?v=iDpYBT0XyvA
youtube.com/watch?v=fSKVTnUIpik
youtube.com/watch?v=iypUpv9xelg
youtube.com/watch?v=D8K90hX4PrE
youtu.be/QBWvGTY2o40
youtube.com/watch?v=ZuIwRweZoec
youtube.com/watch?v=JRfuAukYTKg
youtube.com/watch?v=PVzljDmoPVs
youtube.com/watch?v=g5E1TnBWgWM
youtube.com/watch?v=9mvSkNstigU
youtube.com/watch?v=Aw78NYAv05g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If there's 1 vampire for every 100,000 people, why would they ever even have to kill people?

>Djinn: the Conjuring
>Protagonists have actually been possessed by the Djinn in question as opposed to the three wishes schtick, their personality completely supplanted by the Djinn
>The wish fulfilment angle comes from their ability to summon Goetia and entire locations from the Astral Realms as well as freely travel there.
>Astral based magic and and schtick

Thoughts?

So I've updated two Legacies to 2e (at least I've tried to), and I'd like some feedback.
Thoughts?

And here's number 2.

There's the problem of The Beast forcing you to on occasion, right? And sometimes you're just really thirsty after exerting yourself and don't feel like seducing like five different people in one night.

What are the best WtA books? What about WtF?

GAROU PRIDE GAIA WIDE!

HOWL IT WITH ME, BROTHERS!

So, Princess vs. Mage? How about Genius vs. Mage?

bark

WEREFAGS GET OUT

GOES FOR YOU AS WELL

fuk yuo

youtube.com/watch?v=TLSpj7q6_mM

Go fukayooselfu!

GAHAhahahaha, look at this fuckboi thinking he can drive us out, brothers!

Better song
youtube.com/watch?v=5BmEGm-mraE

At least Magefags discuss the game.
See you next thread.

Where are the parent paths or orders listed?

THESE WEREFAGS

SUCH TERRIBLE TASTE IN MUSIC

Whats everyone's favorite tribe?

Reposting my One Realm idea because I'm kind of interested in it now and I want to see what you all think.

Basically one user was griping about the Paths being themeless and restrictive. His solution to fix the Paths that he hated was to just let players come up with their own themeless Paths that are essentially Paradigm ripoffs. They wouldn't be any better, but at least players could have the Arcana they wanted. He also went on to try to make changes to Mage society over this. It was all very cluttered and weird and kind of just made the problem worse, in my opinion.

So my alternative for a more freeform Mage game is to just excise Paths entirely. One Supernal Realm that holds different Lands, one for each Arcana. Or you can just use the original Realms as Lands if you can't be assed to come up with five new Lands. When a Mage Awakens he starts in a Land that rings closest to what caused his Awakening. He travels to the one Watchtower in the center where all the Lands meet, and inscribes his name at the top, where he can see all the Lands.

What this means is that when a Mage starts out, he has no Ruling Arcana. Those are granted solely by Legacies. Legacies are based on Arcana. All Arcana are common until a Mage chooses a Legacy. Naturally this means that most spells cost Mana. To offset this I'm thinking of making Mana more available and allowing players to carry and spend more of it. Mana costs can also be fiddled with. For example spells might end up costing more than one Mana. Arcana tools can reduce costs, but I'm not set on that. Rotes/Praxis/Arcana attainments will be free. No inferior Arcana.

So there. Now you can have your character specialize in whatever Arcana you want without having to make a Realm and a Path around it. Go Death and Spirit to be a Medium without being tied to Life and Matter. Go Forces and Matter to be a Technowizard or an Elementalist without being tied to Prime or Death.

Suggestions and critiques welcome.

Post something better with the theme of your favorite splat

Today I will remind them

Reality Stalkers are Masitgos and Mysterium. House of Ariadne is Acanthus. Not sure what Order, if any.

Just look at those things. They had it coming desu

youtube.com/watch?v=xhbEGSqpu2s
youtube.com/watch?v=a1sf2CzEq0w

>hating creedence clearwater revival
Underage please go

Also Magefags. Demonfags and Vampriefags can stay. I like them

This really

Who cares about Ausfags anyway?

Of course I find the other one I was looking for after I hit submit. youtube.com/watch?v=6Q2NjC6oSkM

Silver Fangs.

Maximum regal. Maximum insanity.

youtube.com/watch?v=vympzV240mM

Hunterfag?

This

The Croatan

B-b-but Mage is the best one, user!

Anyone know if Pentex ever slaps cyborg stuff onto Black Spirals or Fomori?

Is it too far-fetched for them to have a Cyberwolf Brigade?

Has volume 10 been scanned yet properly? English, of course.

SIRE SIRE Excuse me

youtube.com/watch?v=iDpYBT0XyvA

What is this?

Better stay away from him. He'll rip your lungs out, Jim

The 90's

Not quite. youtube.com/watch?v=fSKVTnUIpik

Can Geist post a music video?

youtube.com/watch?v=iypUpv9xelg

Vampire?

Demonfag? That was my first guess but I was thinking it might be subtler

Of course, are you gonna let your favorite splat go without being represented?

Requiem: Vampire Cheavlier.

Its a story about the souls of wicked people reincarnating on a hell-world where the worse of a monster you were in life, the more powerful an evil creature you reincarnate into, so unrepentant killers become vampires, religious zealots become werewolves, rapists become centaurs, etc.

Its actually more of a 2000's comic.

Does this help? youtube.com/watch?v=D8K90hX4PrE

Requiem Chevalier Vampire by Ledroit.

Demon?

This user got it.

The writer is Mills user.

Lets give credit where it is due, they are both amazing and a great duo.

youtu.be/QBWvGTY2o40

Take a wild guess.

user what do Solar Exalted have to do with this? Wrong game silly.

Mummy? Good taste

What is the "Book of Secrets" referred to in the v20 Mage core book and where can I get it?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZuIwRweZoec

Magefag!

Obrimos awakening

youtube.com/watch?v=JRfuAukYTKg

The Book of Secrets hasn't yet been released. Only M20 and How do you Do That are available.

Immortals?

I didn't do him wrong on purpose, I genuinely didn't know his name and it was the art itself and Ledroit's attention to detail which attracted me anyway.

I don't know the context of this but it seems pretty fucking awesome

anyone have a link to the demon translation guide?

I see your David Guetta and raise you a Sia!
youtube.com/watch?v=PVzljDmoPVs

Give it a chance, I think you can find the first 9 volumes fully translated up on LibGen.

When shit dies it passes onto the hellworld and reincarnates there. Both the past and the future gets dumped in there.

So you have both Count Dracula and robosaurians bred for war in the same nightmare realm..

That video is a bad Astral trip, a Thyrsus awakening, or just werewolf-related.

The Titanium video was also Sia.

Oh fuck, yeah you're right. It's bed time

Plus, some like it. And others can't get around it. If your a Nossie and you need to eat, don't have Dominate and your Obfuscate isn't high enough for you to move and stay unseen, you likely will just kill your target and be done with it because you are not getting another one without a lot of luck or more brutality. Killing one is better then mauling and kidnapping 3 to hold them hostage while you sip at them over how many ever weeks you can keep them alive and bound.

And as says, sometimes you drink more deeply then what you want. You are not in control of yourself anymore. The Beast is always there, waiting, watching, hungry and willing to push whenever you give in to the thirst.

Dumbass kids never remember the Gothic... it's all just numbers to them.

Numbers are the truth to the universe.

My Hunter Anthem youtube.com/watch?v=g5E1TnBWgWM

>one watchtower
kill yourself hylic

Vamp theme for me youtube.com/watch?v=9mvSkNstigU

youtube.com/watch?v=Aw78NYAv05g
Here's a theme, guess the splat.

So...

I'm running a WtA game, and want to have an occasional silly/amusing bit to toss in. Anyone have any suggestions?

Um, Exalted?

Ech depends on what kind of humor do you and your players like really

>Anyone have any suggestions?
Don't try too hard.

That's not a splat, that's a game line.

We have a wide variety, I'm mainly just looking for silly things. I was considering tossing in the clown mages (I haven't seen that greentext in forever) as a joke, but they might not get that.

Most of them haven't played anything WoD before. The one guy who has rolled a homid GW Galliard. Other choices: Lupus Ahroun BG, Metis Theurge GW, Homid Ragabash Strider, and finally, a Metis Fianna Philodox. I told them ahead of time that Fianna were rather horrible to their metis.

In my experience references to other fiction work nicely. When playing VtR one of my players called his contacts about weird elder that just booked in room in the same hotel as he did. So the vamp on the other side also a neonate started quoting Terminator.

I also get some millage out of players npc girlfriend that keeps pestering him about the fact that he despite being vampire never has cash on him and she has to fill in all the work organizing their dating.

>vampire bum
That's funny.

>Anyone know if Pentex ever slaps cyborg stuff onto Black Spirals or Fomori?
>Is it too far-fetched for them to have a Cyberwolf Brigade?

Pentex has so many different experiments and divisions all at the same time, so many and so varied that even *they* can't keep track of it all.

I don't think there's any cyberwolf lore in the books, but feel free to make up some if you want them in your stories.

Just remember that Pentex might give the Black Spirals a lot of slack, but they don't actually want the Black Spirals to be in charge or get too powerful to control; as such, they wouldn't use resources to make the Black Spirals nigh-unkillable or anything like that.

It's entirely possible that some of the Cyberdogs went BSD, and were assigned to Pentex.

Even his sire is pestering him about this. His sire wants him to clean up and take up some responsibilities in their covenant(sire is also running sort of vampire hotel/haven and could use a hand in that)while the player would rather start a punk gang

>the mind arcana lets you perform two tasks at the same time as long as they arent purely physical
>space lets you bend bullets and pull off insane trickshots
>it also lets you see all around you without turning your head, meaning multiple targets regardless of location are always in front of you

Could you go full John Woo with a Mastigos?

Yes.

Oh shit I know what I'm making next time we get around to Mage.

Forgot pic

>It's entirely possible that some of the Cyberdogs went BSD, and were assigned to Pentex.

Oh yeah, that's true, I forgot about the Glass Walkers and their little Saibah-dawg camp.

Or, just go Acanthus gunslinger and win at everything. So sayeth DaveB.

>Acanthus master race

>Rodriguez!

Rodriguez didn't win at everything. Despite his yearnings, he was not a victor in the game of love.

Oh shit! It's Chris Allen!

Not even biting you here, this is a legitimate question. What did you actually work on? I don't recognize your name what with DaveB stealing all the attention with his... antics.

Write down your Reach allocation for added clarity of the Attainments.

So what practice is needed to convert matter to solid/liquid/gas states?

State Change, Matter 3 and Weaving.
Alternatively if you're just trying to make a solid object pliable, there's a +1 Reach option for the Shaping spell which permits you to shape a solid object just like a liquid.

Question about Reaching.

So say I'm an Adept of Space. I want to cast Co-Location and use it to form a 2D portal. Would I still need to Reach even though I'm above the required rank to cast the spell?

>he was not a victor in the game of love.
Yeah, well, that game is rigged anyway.

Er, let me check the list. So, for Onyx Path:
Werewolf 2nd edition (Gifts, rites, fetishes/talens, Prey, idigam base rules but not the sample idigam, the Bristol and Wroclaw Hunting Grounds)
A short story in the Idigam anthology (Last Rites)
The Pack (Lodge rules, five sample Lodges, the three Hunting Grounds)
Mage 2nd edition (just the ephemeral entities rules)
The new Aeon Trinity (some of the setting info)
Playtesting on a few things too.