I see a lot of screeching on Veeky Forums about "waifuism" being bad

I see a lot of screeching on Veeky Forums about "waifuism" being bad.

It isn't.

You are literally complaining that players:

>Like non-combat RP
>Like themes beyond "get loot and kill badguy"
>Relate to the setting and NPCs
>Give a shit about their own character's motives, life and story enough to want a character arc

This is good. A GM should enable and encourage this. Make NPCs your players care about. Create a world.

>but i dont wanna watch someone RP a romance it's icky

Unfuck yourself. Ask why you're not cool with fictional depictions of non-violent human interactions. Ask why you are alienated by games putting you in imagined normal social interactions.

It's a sign you have some pretty serious issues.

like share and subscribe if you're love your waifu

"Waifu" is the most banal and primitive way to hook players to an NPS I use them extensively

I think it's actually funny you were assblasted enough to make a new thread to cry about it in

Fucking pathetic

Wow.. I think this is legitimately the most retarded post on all of Veeky Forums right now. Good job, OP.

As a dm I never do it intentionally. I have however unwittingly made waifus for my players. Shit gets out of hand. The real problem as I see it is well illustrated by what happened in my last session. One guy takes the time to interact with their significant npc other, and the rest of the players are left to jist kind of sit there and wait. My group was k with it, it happens sometimes and I try to make sure everyone gets their time in the sun and no one player is dominating things too much, but it does make things more complicated. See as much as I love roleplay and I want there to be more interaction than just hack and slash, I need interaction the whole group can participate in, or someone ends up left out and not having fun. Waifu time is not a group activity. Sadly a lot of meaningful interaction really isn't, unless it's meaningful interaction between the players, but that seems to be somewhat uncommon. Hack and slash is sadly the lowest common denominator thst everyone can be a part of, and presumably enjoy at least somewhat, so that's what dominates a lot of games.

There are other forms of non-combat RP than tabletop dating simulators.

>I see a lot of screeching on Veeky Forums about [thing] being bad.
Yeah, that'll happen.

>A player playing an rpg is interested in an npc, and romancing them, enough for it to be called their "waifu".
>This is good. A GM should enable and encourage this. Make NPCs your players care about. Create a world.
Excellent point.
Pic related is the effective reason why some are squeamish about it, but as a GM, I fade to black and don't mind romance.

>Anyone, but specifically a poster on Veeky Forums, is fixated enough on a character to talk about them and their romance ooc for any length of time, as if they were real or matter in any way outside of the game.
This is bad. A GM should *not* enable and encourage this. Make certain NPCs your players care about are known to be strictly fictional. Create a world, but live in the real one.

Romancing an npc (referred to by some as a "waifu") in game is fine.
"Waifuism" is bad.

Really stimulates the synapses

I thought I knew what waifuism was.
Now I'm left wondering again.

Quality bait

OP is right though. There's nothing wrong with getting attached to a certain NPC. Or wanting to marry that NPC. Or even wanting to fugg that NPC. Or even wanting to impregnate said NPC and take responsibility.

That's how you get a new generation of heroes.

Bell-kun will never fugg you.

yeah okay whatever but keep your shitty naruto characters out of my games

I'm a amssive waifufag, but I find it extremely uncomfortable when things like this are incorporated into the game. That's too much of a social interactions.

>All fictional non-violent encounters are romantic

No, you unfuck yourself. Nobody except the most autistic of the murderhobos is unable to insert friendship, politics or any kind of normal social relationships in a game.
Love is different, and you know it. It's usually something private you keep for yourself. Even when you've got a partner, you don't fucking run around yelling about your love to the four winds.
Now, imagine talking about love with your friends at the table, pretending that your Wizard/Vampire/Guardsman/FATAL victim is in love. And roleplaying that with the GM. More embarassing than talking about fictional violence, isn't it?
Love is something you keep for online games where you really care about this specific character progression and where you can't look the GM in the eyes while doing it.

>Love is something you keep for online games where you really care about this specific character progression and where you can't look the GM in the eyes while doing it.

The words of wisdom,

>FATAL
>More embarassing than talking about fictional violence, isn't it?
Depends. Do I get to roll for anal circumference?

>guaranteed replies

>Not all fictional non-violent encounters are romantic
>Nobody except the most autistic of the murderhobos is unable to insert friendship, politics or any kind of normal social relationships in a game.
>Love is different, and you know it.
>Love is something you keep for games where you really care about this specific character progression
All true.
All good points.

>Love is usually something private you keep for yourself.
>You don't run around yelling about your love to the four winds.
>Imagining your character is in love and roleplaying that with the GM is embarassing
>Love is something you keep for online games where you can't look the GM in the eyes while doing it.
Not necessarily.
Certainly not universally.
Love is not necessarily shameful, user.

Unless you're in love with a ceramic tile pattern.

I swear I'll put tile man as an npc in a story

Don't insult tileanon behind his back, user. That's a dick move.

>He asks the adventurers to save his wife
>They clear the dungeon and find nothing
>The tiled floors they've been walking on were his "wife"

Sounds nice
I was thinking
>hired by some rich noble to get new tiles from a really good blacksmith in a nearby town
>go there, talk with blacksmith about how fucking expensive the tiles were and he got payed a lot
>if players decide to steal them for themselves, in the future they will get attacked by bandits and the rich noble himself that was really a powerful wizard
>if they decide to take them back they get attacked by bandits on the road for the loot
>if they roll good enough to make a deal they will get attacked by the wizard
>if they fight them off, more bandits will in the future attack them but they have the noble as a friend

>Don't insult tileanon behind his back, user. That's a dick move.
It's a fair cop.

This, however, is gold.

That's a new one, saved for future use