/5eg/ D&D Fifth Edition General: Anime Shitpost Edition

>New Unearthed Arcana: Sorcerers!
dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/sorcerer
Be sure to fill out the survey for rogues and rangers, too.

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b
mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>/5eg/ Discord server
discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

>5etools
5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

>Previous thread
Stat this phoenix sorcerer, /5eg/.

Shit OP prompt.

New thread question: if they ever release a new class, what should it be? (Other than the psionics already in the works)

Martial adept (book of weeaboo fightan magic stuff) rated really high in the initial race/class/setting polls, so I could see them doing something like that. A non-magical gish of sorts, focused on techniques and martial control more than just hitting hard.

Fourth for Kobold Dragon-Hunting Party

>Phoenix Sorc

Oh, this is actually kinda cool!

>Everything else

God dammit

Fuck off weeb

After fixing the ones we already got, including artificer and expanding martial powers, I'd say an int using martial.

Pathfinder cancer is spreading.

9/10 op, will get webfugees from r/dnd mad.

You can finally play a slimegirl sorceress!

Back to /pfg/.

>Phoenix Sorc
>kinda cool
It's just a painfully generic "lol destruction" pyromaniac.

is there no option to jump on a larger creature?

There is, your DM just needs to be slightly imaginative.

>gook admit
>loli mascot
>weebshit ads and banners
It's silly to vehemetly oppose weebshit on Veeky Forums of all places - a bulletin board made in the image of siberian forums for basket weaving enthusiasts. Quit acting like such a refugee, when in Rome, do as romans do.

Not in the book, but a decent DM will come up with something.

1. Grapple
2. Roll acrobatics
3. Creature can try to shake you off as an action, athletics vs acrobatics

And while you're on something it can't attack you with large weapons.

Something like that.

Still better than the fucking dragon sorcerer.

There is a bit about "Climbing on Larger Creatures" in the DMG.

So... The Factotum. I'd play it.

OK, We need to keep on watch from now on, and pre-empt the general. /5eg/ will NOT become Shitfinder. We're going to have enough of that once Starfinder comes out.

DMG 271 has an alternate rule for climbing on large creatures.

>Implying board culture isn't a thing
>Implying generals don't have norms
You're the one not acting as a Roman. Lurk moar.

Eat shit. Anime is trash and there's no reason to let it in these threads if it isn't already.

Well, it should be kept to /a/ and other, more relevant, boards. Everyone knows how most people on Veeky Forums about certain issues, so weeb stuff on this board should be kept to generals of anime-esque games, such as Pathfinder or Exalted, and not be brought into generals where they are unrelated.

>Factotum
Please no, that has to be the stupidest class that has ever been officially published.

You need to be a high level, though.

What's the verdict on the UA sorcerers?

With that amount of delays, we should've gotten way more subclasses/sorcerer origins.

Phoenix grapler new meta!

7/10 its shit

It was delayed due to illness, travel, and other projects, not because they spent three weeks writing these.

As for the UA: phoenix has great fluff but its long rest dependence is shit, favored sorcerer is a great versatile party face, sea is a good caster overall, and stone is a novel gish setup.

>we should have gotten way more
The sorcerer got 4x as many archetypes as the rogue. Chill, bro.
As for your question, it's meh. Stone sorcerer is stupid, everything else is kind of cool. 7/10 sounds about right.

> Not recognizing the gish fun with Stone Sorc or splashy fun with the Sea Sorc

0/10 user you can do better

Just looking at Stone, but does needing to spend an action turning their Unarmored Defense Feature on hurt them? I've never played a caster before, and the only casters I've player with were Druids and Warlocks, so having to spend an action doing that looks annoying.

Question: what are the best ways to attack as an actual gish, aside from using Booming Blade or Greenflame Blade?

You choose your sorcerer origin at first level you stupid fucking weeb.

It only hurts them if they get incapacitated mid-battle.

There's no time limit. RAW you can just cast it everyday when you wake up no probs

It lasts until you get KO'd or go to sleep. A stone sorc would turn it on before putting their pants on in the morning.

They just do it when they wake up and don't dismiss it.

Smite

7/10 does mean the thing you think it means. It specifically means above average.

You don't get slime-like qualities until the higher levels, though.

>phoenix has great fluff
>"I like to burn things"
Oh, yes, very great.

Is a pally-stone sorc the best combination?

Am I reading it right that Stone Sorcerers don't get an Extra Attack?

Was this intended?

Why should they?

I do think it's above average. There's some neat stuff in there.

However I'm still a little disappointed that zero effort was made to nudge the base class at all. At the very least they could have considered making some of the metamagic options not complete dogshit.

They get smite spells and can get SCAG cantrips. They don't need it.

So, which cleric spells are wort poaching as FS?

No. There's no stat synergy with str and con, and paladin already gets the good spells from that list.

Why wouldn't it be intended? They have melee cantrips.

They have the potential to use their reaction to attack every round.

Plus the whole GFB + Quickened GFB is basically 2 attacks on up to 4 targets

Weebshit lies at the base of Veeky Forums. I fully understand that even though it was originally created for the purpose of anime discussion it has long since grown into something bigger, but it's still an inherent part of it's nature, as a website. It's more than fine not to enjoy it, but opposing it is off limits.
Have you seen the front page of the website you're currently posting on?
Quit acting like it's a containment thing. I can post smug anime girls to my hearts content on all boards and as long as I even remotely stand on topic (and most of the times even when I don't) my posts will never get removed.

I was hoping for some more metamagic options myself too. Just to add in more variety.

How so?(I only say this because one of my friends has put all his hopes and dreams into making a Factotum for DM's Guild.)

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should user. I could follow your example and shovel garbage into my mouth but I'm not gonna.

As a sorcerer, I have a question that google can not seem to answer.
How many Sorcery Points are created when converting a spell higher than level 5?

Depends on the level.

Bless is a solid choice at 1st level. At 3rd level you need to grab spiritual weapon for sure. And at 5th, spirit guardians.

Outside of those, consider all the good spells that can be twinned like healing word, command, and so on.

>tfw reading all the cool UA shit
>tfw realizing that even if somebody I know starts a campaign I'll get to play in, I'll most likely only be able to make one character
>tfw haven't even gotten to play the straight fighter I've wanted to play as since 5e came out in the first place
phoenix sorc looks fucking cool

I'm reading it now, and I can agree on the quirks at least. The rest of it is awesome. Phoenixes are really cool though so I'm probably biased. I wish it had a bit more of a mythical element to it than the clichéd pyromania stuff but refluffing is easy. I can dig this.

They are kinda shitty with the exception of Earth sorcerrer and even still it's kinda bad without extra attack on it.
They fucked it up like they did with the Monk and Paladin UA.

Spell slots to sorcery points is 1 sorcery point per level of the spell. The chart in that feature is only for sorcery points to spell slots.

Trump is a faggot but I sure do love building shit so let's examine how much of a killing a 9th level Sorcerer could make hiring itself out ot peasant villages to construct walls for them.

Wall of Stone is a 5th level spell and its only material cost is a small block of granite, which you can replace with a focus. Concentrating on the spell for 10 minutes makes the wall permanent and it can't be dispelled.

You get ten wall segments, each 10x10 feet and six inches thick; or 10x20 and three inches thick. The segments have 15 AC and 15hp / inch of thickness.

High Jumps cover 3 feet + Strength mod if you take a 10 foot run. You can extend your arms to half your height and thus reach and grab the top of a wall that is 1.5x your height + the Jump distance. An orc is ~6 feet tall and has a +3 Strength mod, so it could jump and shamble over a wall 15 feet high. So we're going to need a 20 foot high wall.

At level 9, you have one 5th slot, three 2-4th slots, four 1st level slots, and nine Sorcery Points. Converting all your sub-5th slots to SP, you have 59 SP, or enough to cast Wall of Stone eight times (with your original slot).

Every day you can make 80 feet of horizontal wall, 20 feet high, three inches thick, that will hold off a single greataxe-wielding orc for ~7-8 rounds. This isn't a very great wall. You could double your construction time and build a double-wall to hold that orc off for a minute and a half, but we've got places to be and cash to make.

So my gripe is more flavor-based so I guess it probably doesn't apply to most people. When one of my friends played a factotum back in the day the game would always come to a halt whenever he did anything because no one at the table could wrap their head around around what the class was supposed to be and none of his abilities made any sense logically.

This user is right, but that doesn't make him any less of an asshole. We're never going to get rid of Anime or 40k entirely on this board. it's the nature of the place, but doing it for the sake of doing it is stupid. Also He could have put more effort into the OP, or even found better anime art.

The problem with new metamagic is that it's either going to be worse than quicken/twin/heighten and thus not worth taking, or it's better than them and thus too good. There isn't a lot of wiggle room.

Don't roleplay it that way. Seriously the only enforced fluff that your group could houserule anyway is that your power comes from phoenixes. If you want to play someone who focuses more on the rebirth aspect of fire than nothing in the existing fluff stops you.

Nah. Stone sorc is meant to be on its own and you already get more spell slots that way.
Only problem is lack of extra attack.

Otherwise you get to be a caster who bases their AC with Con and can use a shield + you get to teleport as a reaction and ''psh nothing personel'' others.

It was great in 3.5 and stupid as fuck to port to 5e because it was mostly just a dressed up rogue fix. 3.5 failed so badly at making a rogue good at rogue-ing and rather than undo all the rules that crippled Sneak Attack, they decided to patch it up with magic.

Anime isn't all that common on this board, but 40k is like half of it because people don't want to feel like they were scammed out of hundreds of dollars and hours to get minis and paint them.

>Only problem is lack of extra attack.
This isn't a problem before level 5, and it's not a problem at 11+ when the cantrips outscale a 2nd attack.

>Swashbuckler/Phoenix sorc witht grapler feat and expertise in athletics

Welp now we have a new grapling king!

Anime is the background radiaton of Veeky Forums as a whole. It's ever-present just beneath the surface.

And I'd more argue that less people actually play 40k on here than they do pay attention to the lore and the happenings.

Is there any point at all in going Circle of Land? I'm looking at the CR1 and 2 beasts and passing these up would mean gimping my druid severely

Honestly? Moon Druid gets way too powerful at the start. It tapers off later on, but right at the beginning I'd say it's the closest 5e comes to having a broken class. I banned it for my first campaign.

Could you fill me in on how this works?
I honestly don't remember what "Swashbuckler" is, and having read Phoenix sorc I'm not sure how it contributes to the grappling strat. From Mantle of Flame's bonus fire damage?

Moar spells and spell slots. You're basically a nature wizard.

Wild shape for a land druid is more about utility and temp HP. If you want to punch things, play a monk.

Rogue nets you expertise in athletics
Swashbuckler 3 nets you Cha to initiative and free disengage
Swashbuckler 6 nets you doubled athletics and accrobatics prof bonus
Phoenix lets you set your opponents clothes on fire and Mantle of flame as well.

All you have to do is grab your target and hold it down.
And when you feel the need to you can just switch to booming blade/green flame blade and firebolts.

>Is there any point at all in going Circle of Land?

playing past level 8

Druids start relying on spells a bit more at level 9 because CR 3 forms suck. Elemental shapes are good at 10 but never get any better.

Doubled athletics proficiency bonus and expertise don't stack.

There is no point to be Land Druid, because Nature Cleric exists and is better.

Is there one that has UAs but not DM's Guild content?

Anime shitpost? Anime shitpost.

My GM is starting a new 5e game (though we might decide for PF so there's that). I'm trying to be tongue in cheek and play a character inspired by Youjo Senki. Setting will be generic fantasy, a la Forgotten Realms.

In other words, stat me, user, how do I pull this off?

>pic related

Enter Mold Earth, a Sorcerer cantrip which can excavate dirt in 5x5x5 foot chunks. With this, we can simultaneously build both a moat on the outside of our wall, and an earthen ramp on the interior.

We're back to 10x10 walls that are six inches thick, 15 AC, 90 HP. We want a tile of flat earth about 7 feet high inside our wall for our defenders and sentries to stand on. At a reasonable grade, it'll be another 10 feet behind this to get back to ground level, and require either three or four turns of earth-moving for our 7.5=5=2.5' ramp, at the same time carving out a moat on the exterior which is the inverse of this. For each section of wall, we need an additional minute to perform the terraforming. This puts our workday at just about an hour and a half.

Putting a wall around Phandalin, pic related, would require ~2,500 feet of wall, or 32 days of casting by our Sorcerer who can manage 80 / day, with maybe another day or so for making sure ramps aren't too close to farms, the walls have proper gate openings, the ramps are nice and shored up at the gates, and so on.

If you really want to get fancy, you can build a few horizontal walls (10x20), score them, and break them into strips for joining as a drainage system for the ramp so nothing gets swampy and all rainwater is funneled under the walls and into our moat. This actually requries some physical labor on your part, but we've dedicated our life to being the best wall-building Sorcerer so it's no big deal to learn how the fuck mortar and engineering works.

A six inch thick brick wall (a little under one standard brick's length in thickness, basically) requires 120 bricks per square meter. Our 10x2,500 is ~3x762 meters, and would require ~250,000 standard bricks if constructed in the normal fashion. We're making quality walls, so let's assume a price of $500/thousand on our bricks, or $0.50/brick. Price of mortar and labor basically triples this per square foot.

>High Elf Rogue
>Choose Booming Blade as bonus cantrip at level 1
>Attack enemy with Booming Blade, dealing initial damage and setting them up to take extra damage if they move on their next turn
>Cunning Action: Disengage
>Move 5 feet away from enemy

Is this a douche thing to do?

What a coincidence, we've been talking and talking about gishes lately!
Use your spells to go fast and stab things hard.

> Suddenly, enemies start fielding archers and spellcasters
It will work. Sometimes.

Allright, I just put the Equipment better so the page doesn't look so stupid.

But here it is, for anyone interested: Savant Sorcerer Variant.

Stonesorc's aegis only comes online at 6th.
Meanwhile, this fucking guy's

Aegis of Shielding

At 1st level, you excel at protecting your allies from harm and mitigating damage from enemy attacks. When you hit a creature with a melee weapon attack, the target is marked by you until the end of your next turn.

The marked target has disadvantage on any attack roll against a creature other than you or someone else who marked it.

If a target is marked by you is within 5 feet of you on its turn and it makes an attack that suffers disadvantage from this feature and hits an ally, you can use your reaction to reduce the damage dealt to your ally by half.

As you progress in levels, you get sword of sigils and others on top of it, but these can only be used a limited amount per day and are then expended, refreshing with a short or long rest.

Any idea for which class would fit? Long-term maybe Arcane Archer, if it's still around in 5e, frankly I've not been keeping myself up to date on what moved from 3.5, but anyway. We're starting level 6, so no prestiege yet. So instead, what?

So in real money we're looking at $7.50 per square foot, or $200,000 for the length of our wall. Low-quality wheat flour goes for about $0.50/lb. in reality and 1cp in 5E per the PHB, so the price of our wall would be 4,000gp--not counting terraforming we've done with the moat or any drainage system we've installed.

If you price in the price of room and board (only the best; you're trying to live in style here) to your fee, that's 125gp / day. A wealthy lifestyle is 4gp and an aristocratic one is 10gp, so each month of work in this manner can pay for nearly three years of a wealthy lifestyle in a big city--which you could ALSO be constructing a wall for.

Who needs to adventure at this point?

That's 3.5 level of autism.

>how do I pull this off?
In a LE battlemage high on combat drugs way or the plot way? Because if I were you I'd rather avoid the latter.

Not really. I've got a swashbuckler with booming blade and he does this shit all the time. It's really not that overpowered. But it's good.

Mold Earth only works on loose soil.

Prestige classes don't exist in 5e.

Arcane Archer is a fighter subclass from an Unearthed Arcana.

Is single classed stone sorcerer really worth it?

>there's five foot cubes of loose soil just sitting around in the world
There's no conceivable use for this spell except after some kind of mudslide (in which case "it's not soil, it's mud, you can't use that") unless you expand "loose soil" to include any old hill.

There is a UA that came out a month or two ago with Arcane Archer as an archetype of Fighter (basically consider class archetypes as prestige classes from 3.5 and PF).