To you, what slights would put someone into That Guy territory...

To you, what slights would put someone into That Guy territory, or even risk getting kicked from the group if they persisted ad nauseum?

For me,

>Chewing disgustingly loud
>Wanting homebrew allowed so they can be the special snowflake of the group
>Leaving soda stains behind
>Not paying their share for the food
>Always having to borrow dice instead of paying for a bag of their own. Seriously guys, it's less than $10 for an adequate set.

>Wanting homebrew allowed so they can be the special snowflake of the group

Wait, you ban the very concept of homebrew? The fuck?

>Chewing disgustingly loud
>Leaving soda stains behind
>Not paying their share for the food
>Always borrowing shit
Why would I even let this human plague into my home?

ive dealt with alot of shit and my group has a few that guys, one of which is a that dm. good people, sorta, outside of anything Role-Play, terrible people once inside. they always pay for food and shit, which is nice and one of the reasons why we keep them around

i think OP means for the purpose of character abilities, not necessarily no homebrew setting, but just no homebrew feats, quirks, stigmas, disciplines, that sort of thing

I agree with all those, except the dice. I've got too many dice anyway.

Also adding:
>whiny crybaby straightedge preachers
We're all adults. I have an apartment with a balcony that people can use to smoke. You don't have to sit in their smoke. Grow the fuck up and don't fucking tell me how to live my life, and don't fucking tell my players how to live their lives.
>MRA reddit redpilled wankers
Oh yeah, I'm going to get rid of a girl who's been part of the group for 8 months because looking at a pair of tits that throws dice offends your delicate [trigger] sense.
>animu weebs with no self-awareness
Nothing wrong with being a weeb, I still remember the fucking garbage I uploaded on DeviantArt when I was 12. Just fucking be aware of what you do, where you get your inspiration and how you play your characters. Don't fucking try to force One Piece into a serious space opera about the economic, social and political consequences of FTL space piracy.

I get what he means, but it still seems odd to me.

Homebrewing mechanical content is just... Something you do, in games I've played. I don't think I've been in a single game where the GM hasn't worked with the players to add new things to the game for one reason or another, in the forms of character options, equipment etc.

That's not to say you do so carelessly. You make sure it's balanced within the group, and you need to be super careful when adding external homebrew material to the game, but you end up getting some cool and unique things out of it. The idea of banning the concept altogether is kinda baffling.

What about Insurance Fraud?

As long as Homebrew/Houserules is written down, clear, and made easily available I am fine with it. I hate showing up and getting blindsided by houseruled bullshit that completely wrecks the character I made. I've been invited to at least three or four groups where that has happened and it irritates the shit out of me.

I like you.

I have player that constantly tries to socially breakdown the game, by insulting every barkeep, threatening every person and generally being a real asshole to the characters in the world.

>Chewing disgustingly loud, etc.
Motherfucker I feel you. Otherwise-

>Asking 'why' every single time the group wants to do something that isn't "I hit the guy with this"
Motherfucker if I have to hear you ask why again I am gonna fucking snap
>What were you smoking/general show of questioning how the DM came up with something
Man, If I wanted to play 20 questions about the crab mounts, I would've just showed a 4 year old
>Can I make 'x' weapon from 'x' game? How much?
I will not fucking let you get an assassin's creed hidden blade, no matter how many times you ask the blacksmiths, get the fucking point
>Coming to the session with some shitty smelling food
>Coming into the session and shitting on everyone else's fun
>Sandbagging everything everyone says to them
>Acting out of alignment/acting in direct opposition to the rest of the party for NO FUCKING REASON

I won't frown on homebrew, but it's the idea of one player that basically built a character from the ground up with their own feats/traits/race that's not in the rulebooks and wants me to approve it. It's a thinly veiled reason to be a special snowflake, such as playing a custom made undead race or wanting a strong demon minion in place of normal familiars. Stuff like that belongs more in freeform RP.

As someone who occasionally enjoys exotic explorations in biochemistry, I fully agree on your dislike of
>gee GM did you smoke a whole forest when you came up with that?
I have better things to do when I smoke a forest, like watching Koyaanisqatsi for the 300th time or raiding the fridge.

Roleplaying as a character that knows it's a game. It doesn't make you smart.

Actively destroying the world that the DM created just for the sake of it. Other people are playing as well, they might enjoy the circumstances that surround them.

On a phone more than playing the game.

This is why no one wants to play with you Joel, you fucking idiot.

I don't even get offended by the inbalance. I am the GM. I can always curse special snowflake with bad luck. After all, I am a god.

What really pisses me off about snowflakes is their inability to PLAY a special snowflake.
Their strong and smart half orc elf never reacts to meeting orcs or elves.
Their magitech robot man never bothers to ask the high wizard to help him discover his past.
The half dragon youngling never wonders what his heritage means beyond absurd power and a big xp penalty.

Those are really good points user. If i'd put it to anything, it would be because they maybe have already made the story about who this character is outside of the world a DM has created.

Because Snowflake PC's are almost exclusively mary sues.

There is no greater hell than having a group that has both a redpill and an SJW.

Do you have a story to tell, user?

I don't really have much of a local scene I can rely on, so I've gotta bitch about roll20 GMs in general

Like, motherfucker, why would you recruit a whole group if you only intend to play half a session before sperging out, insulting yourself and vanishing, apropos of nothing?

Also, all the GMs who vanish after the first session.

Also, all the GMs who will look at a ruleset that works okay and then homebrew some shit without any testing or, apparently, thinking. Bonus shithead points if the game already has good rules for that exact thing but they wanted it to be "better" (I'm looking at you, Mr. D&D-5e-needs-guns-that-explode-in-your-hand-10%-of-the-time-for-no-logical-reason) Even more bonus points when the same GM kicks me from the group because the revelation that I would lose fingers probably every fight made me decide to just use a crossbow instead--apparently wisely choosing (in character) not to use the random-fuse-length-hand-grenade pistol option is 'powergaming' because my character had 14 Intelligence and wouldn't be able to pick locks anymore without thumbs.

Also, special mention goes to the entire half of that godforsaken website that gathers a group and then pisses into the wind hoping for a GM to play imperial chinese peasant space pony gunslinger time police in 1980s Detroit--specifically with Pathfinder rules, of course. These people are a special time of worthless. If I'm going to put the energy into GMing, it'll at least be something that won't give me brain cancer, thank you very much to remove your clutter from the fucking way.

Now if only Veeky Forums Game Finder threads actually had games, I could never look at that shithole community again.

Not that guy, but I sure as hell ban all homebrew. If you allow homebrew, you might as well just let your players make up whatever shit they want.

Nothing spectacular has happened (yet). But the two snipe at each other a lot. I'm really tempted to just tell them to fuck.

Excellent goddamn taste, user.

Seriously, for a show with such a dumb premise, Bodacious Space Pirates is top tier space anime.

How does this make any sense?

It's perfectly viable to vet homebrew as a GM. To work together with the player to ensure it's balanced and functional and to allow it in places which make sense and add to the game. It's not all or nothing in the way you're proposing.

>Now if only Veeky Forums Game Finder threads actually had games
I would tell you that you're a lazy shit and to get off your ass and make your own campaign, but the player base on Veeky Forums is possibly the only one that's more cancerous than Roll20.

Here's the (You) you wanted

It's nothing, or an endless barrage of additional work, 99% of which adds nothing to the game and could just as easily be refluffed. I spend enough time preparing campaigns without having to read through hundreds of pages on dndwiki as the players try to sneak incrementally less OP shit by me. Fuck that in the ass.

>Player keeps doing things without checking with the group and without explaining what he's doing when there's a lot riding on the outcome of whatever he has in mind
>75% of his interactions with the rest of the party is the party trying to talk him out of or prevent him from doing the thing he wants to do without bothering to explain himself
>40% what he has in mind would get everyone killed or botch the current goal

Well I don't have enough time to run a proper campaign.
I'm actually a decent GM. I like to produce maps and put in maximum effort, but I'm already full-time busy.
I can't bring myself to do a campaign half-heartedly, so here I sit--frustrated with balls of blue, getting hooked into game after game that lasts one mediocre session before everyone flakes.
It is the unenthusiastic handjob of traditional gaming.

Attention hogs who always have to be a part of everything, to the point where they'll try to barge in on other PCs' RP that has nothing to do with them. I remember a That Guy playing a 'face' who would even try to take the phone off other PCs during their personal calls, literally every time.

Pushy That Guys who act like they're the party leader, giving out orders rather than making requests, always cutting discussions between other players short with "OK listen up, here's what we're going to do...", and getting all defensive when called on it, denying they did anything wrong.

Any That Guy who is an extreme narrativist, gamist or simulationist and absolutely refuses to compromise in-game, arguing over a single thing for 15 minutes and sulking when they don't get their way. Especially annoying when, as in my games, the GM was up-front from the start about what kind of game they'd be running and That Guy knew what they were signing up for.

You've literally never really played, have you. :)

Lemme just say. Proper homebrew can allow for unique experiences.
Sometimes, snowflakes can be very funny snowflakes. Just saying. Even animu ones.
Not gonna defend the annoying unfunny ones though, screw those.

I feel like it's you who've never GMed.

You're a cunt, FYI.

>assassin's creed hidden blade,
That is so fucking mundane, I wish I got requests for that instead of fully functional keyblades and zanpakutos .

It isn't specifically that single weapon that I mean, it's just the principle of it. It's always one kind of guy who wants me to give him some weird weapon from videogames or anime, and it's always that guy. Hidden blades, stupid shaolin monk weaponry bullshit in a non eastern campaign, shit like keyblades and zanpakutos. You know what I can deal with?

Someone who wants me to give them a flail with beartraps on the end. Something original. I don't care if it's dumb, but at least that isn't some generic darth maul lookin' ass double-sword or the Chains of Olympus from God of War.

BE FUCKING ORIGINAL FUCK

>not fully functional Beyblades
you deserve a better class of That Guy

I'll take a Schiavona with an actual, magically attached, vagina on the back.

I'll use her to paint the battlefield red and then make tender love to her for being to lovely and rare.

Disconnect a wizard's vagina, pony up 200 gp, and sure.

Don't see why it needs to specifically be a wizard's vagina. Or a human vagina at all really, I imagine animate stone and stone to flesh on a well-carved snizz would work just as well.

Well, if you have the resources, go right ahead. Shit, if you want to use a preservation spell on an orc's I wouldn't care. It's up to you. Give it teeth if you want.

Disgusting rank ass nasty farts every session is the only reason I've ever had to ask a guy to stop coming. It was funny the first couple times but eventually the guy whose apt we used got fed up with his place smelling like a turned out colon.

Crap!

I only took one rank in Craft: Stonecutting.

I need an artisan.

>acting in direct opposition to the party
i literally just started playing DnD with a few buddies, and one of these assholes did nothing during the fight with these goblins except set the forest on fire with fireballs, making it extremely hard for us to find the goblins shooting our (almost entirely melee) party with arrows

>Getting too drunk
Pretty self explanatory. I played with this one guy who couldn't hold his liquor but insisted on getting completely smashed every single session. Fuck that, be an alcoholic elsewhere, or learn to handle your shit.

>No discussion about contemporary politics
Zero. None. I don't give a fuck, and I don't want to hear it. If I want to discuss politics with you I will, but if I don't discuss politics with you, I've chosen to do so. In the middle of a campaign is not the time to talk about your stupid opinions.

>DMing a campaign wherein the beginning a rule was explicitly laid out, "Do not copy builds, weapons, items, abilities, anything from pop culture. If you're going to craft custom objects, keep them original."
>Play for a few months, no problems.
>Current player asked if he could visit a blacksmith to forge a new weapon.
>Alright, whatever. Blacksmith is on the Riverside part of town, just past the stables off the main road.
>"I ask the man if he's got leathers and steel."
>He's a fucking blacksmith.
>"Yes...?"
>"Okay! Sir, will you make me a straight dagger, the length of my foot?"
>"...An odd request, but doable."
>"But I don't want a hilt, or a handle."
>"...Just.. a blade?"
>"Just a blade. I also need a leather armguard of the same length, with a sheath for the blade, full wrap, please."
>What the fuck is my player doing?
>"Alright.. sure. That'll be such and such coin"
>"I have one last request."
>Dude, for real though?
>"What do you need?"
>"I need you to carve these words into the blade."
>Proceeds to show him a scrap of parchment with some illegible scrawlings on it
>"Alright. Engraving is extra. Such and such gold, please."
>He pays
Cont.

>Blacksmith does his shit
>"Thank you kind smithy!"
>Turns to me
>I roll engineering to adhere the back of the blade to the deepest part of the sheath.
>The dude took 7 points in engineering without making mention of it
>Rolls a 19, passes by far
>"I want to go back to the blacksmith."
>"Yer back. What do you want now?"
>"I need you to make me exactly the same thing you just made."
>Pays him.
>"I roll engineering to adhere the back of the blade to the very most shallow part of the sheath."
>17, still passes. Ffs.
>"I roll spell craft to apply the magic effect, "Transformative," to the sheathed blade
>He took levels in wizard for the craft magic arms and armor feat and the transmutation spell, shows me his sheet. It's all in order.
>Wut
>Rolls a 19, passes.
>The words he had engraved were the polymorph spell in his spellbook language.
>He gives me a shitty grin
>Took five levels in wizard wasted a feat slot and almost 30,000 gold, just so he could make a hidden blade from assassin's Creed.
>Said fuck it, let him keep it. He went to the effort
>His character dies two sessions later trying to use the blade in combat.
>Everything worked out in the end.jpg

>Transmutation spell
Polymorph spell*
My bad.

I've been a GM for somewhere around 6 years, and only a few times have I ever had an issue with homebrew/house rulings that hasn't been resolved with an absolute shitstomping. It's not a question of yes or no, it's who you allow to homebrew. If the GM homebrews it, then by god it's canon, pop a squat drop dead fuck you. If a player has an actually decent idea, then they can work with the GM to build or destroy that idea OUT OF SESSION. God, the one thing I hate about letting players have a say is that they always clamor for attention during session like whiny kindergatners.

Peeves that make me want to rip out my spleen, freeze it with dry ice, and then load it into 12ga shotshell?
>Slave to electronics
>Playing games while in session
>Constantly bitching about certain minute details that are otherwise there for scenery
>Autistic cancer
>Doing literally retarded shit for the lulz, the getting pissy when it backfires
>Cheating. Cheating gets you beaten to death by the commissar's bolt pistol, not even blammed.

>They don't treat everybody else at the table with respect
Not telling us that you can't show up for a session, being disgusting, cheating or anything of that sort.

I feel for you

>the only reason they get away with half of this shit is because they are the gm's gf/bf

>the only reason they get away with half of this shit is because they are the gm's gf/bf

Ugh...

I haven't come across much serious asshattery in my time, and count myself lucky for it, but every damn time that I have it's been behind this bullshit.

People who stop for a smoke break every 20 minutes. I get that you have an addiction, but you're slowing everything down. Can't you wait for a lull, or at least give us enough time to get back into things?

"I WANT TO SPEND AN IRL HOUR DISCUSSING HOUSING LOANS"
She then got mad at me for not paying attention

Who would even do that during a game, and why would they expect you to pay attention?

Because she expected my wandering samurai to help pay for it. It really pissed off me and the inquisitor off to no end that suddenly me and him have to pay off 5,000 gold a year for three years to pay for some shitty upstairs remodel.

Before the first session:
> This is a hardcore game, core races and classes only, everyone is broke, and healing items are very rare. Plan your character accordingly! Also: IC and OOC interactions MUST be clearly differentiated.

Session 2 rolls around:
> This is my GF, she'll be joining our game as a Rakshasa-Spawn Summoner magically disguised as an Elven Ranger who has a background of extreme wealth, and comes in with a backpack full of healing items that her character concept demands she never share. Also, whether she's IC or OOC is a mystery until after the question is raised, but that's cool...Sweetie-pie.

I don't have as much issue with the food thing, if only because our rule is that whoever's hosting the game (i.e. which house are we at) does the food, and our usual host (the one with the largest house) likes it when we use the dice from his bag because then our personal sets don't risk getting mixed in.

Honestly, though? You can afford to be a lot more lax, in my experience, when you and your group were already friends before you started playing. We met all the way back in high school, so by then we all knew each other and each other's situations.

There's really not much you could do to get me to kick you from a game, and if the other players have a problem with you, I'm more than happy to let you sort it out among yourselves. Of course, all bets are off if you start breaking the law an' whatnot.

It really is best to play with your actual friends, you end up with so little to worry about.

Yes, I am a spineless coward, but that's unrelated to this surprisingly enough.

Where do you find these people?

>Ah hah hah no, I'm leaving.

What artisan in their right mind would carve a stone vagina?

An Indian one.

Well from personal experience...
>constant talk of intra-party combat
>doing anything permanent with other party members' gear
>not learning how your character or the game subsystems/talents your character uses work and having to still get handfed by the GM months into the game

In a similar vein...

>player is very, VERY action-y
>tends to bury himself in his laptop when conversation starts
>depending on his mood, will often get bored and interrupt conversation by saying something that gets us to the point, but in a rude/unsubtle way that pisses people off/blows our cover
>always does this without talking to the party OOC first

I still don't quite consider him a That Guy but damn he's walking right on the fence. Making a Telepath in DH with the ability to erase memories was the best decision I ever made.

>Acting out of alignment
I don't play games with alignments, but I have a player who I swear has trouble sticking to character, and what he wants as a player bleeds through all the time to where he kinda acts out of character. Like he as a player dislikes part conflict, so out of recent memory he's had two different characters subtly threaten other PCs when a bit of (verbal only) party conflict has happened.

Gotchu senpai

>Constantly bitching about certain minute details that are otherwise there for scenery
Any examples?

You seem like a bit of a That Guy yourself with that attitude desu

Sounds like you should try playing something other than deendee.

>"This faction worships Abadar"
>player pulls out phone and starts fact checking "Actually is says here they usually worship Asmodeus"
Often has resulted in continual pestering until I have to change a small lore detail to whatever appears in the wiki

See
You should really broaden your horizons.

"This is MY Setting, not the Wiki's Setting"

Just a thought...

I agree with this user, once played a campaign where the gimmick was the party being "cursed" with aberrant dragon marks.

Shortly after getting the curse we figured out they had some fun super powers attached to them and some time later we found out that we could alter the abilities of said marks by absorbing other dragon marks by either killing people and taking them, or by receiving a part of their strength from a willing subject.

Shit got real when the party got split on the way we should go about getting more power to help combat the BBEG whose mark was able to dominate the mind of people with weaker dragon marks.

Half the party went around killing bad guys in the slums to steal what little power they could, our rogue began batmanning the shit out of the cities elite to intimidate them into giving him their power and our bard went as far as dragging the party along on jobs so that he could curry favor with the higher ups in town and be gifted power from their marks.

We ended up completing the campaign without too much incident but such a small thing added another layer of complexity to the group dynamic and made the story much more rewarding and fun to play through.

tl;dr My group has managed to have fun with homebrew, just try steering it in a constructive direction and you might be surprised.

>One Piece
>in a space opera
Please tell me that didn't happen.

If it's any consolation, in that setting, I'd be more likely to play something like Isaac Clarke, from Dead Space. I'd go lighter on the crazy, of course, though. Bad-ass space engineer sounds like it would fit.

I could spend an hour complaining about half the shit she did that pissed me off to the furthest reaches of the void, but the biggest reason is that her "Lawful" neutral monk was min-max'd by the gm and she didn't even act like a monk. "I want to take his skull! It'll look cool if I wear it around town!. I'm not evil or chaotic I swear!"

>zanpakutos
So, is it that they're copying the ones from the show, or just the concept of it, in general? Because if it's the former, I get you.

Also, where do you stand on things in the style of trick weapons from Bloodborne?

I kicked a guy about 2-3 sessions ago for being and autistic memer and constantly arguing with me and another player over politics and bringing them up during discussion about what is going on in the world of fhe game.

There's a friend of mine who's been our group's That Guy for years. Every character he makes is essentially the same dude (one of my friends tells me that they're all ripoffs of someone called LeLouch from Code Geass, but I've never watched that show so I wouldn't know).

He often actively argues with everyone in the group, refuses to ever listen to anyone else's input, does stupid, impulsive bullshit that ruins plans, and is an all around fuckwit.

Now, in most campaigns we've played, he's harmless enough that we can just make fun of him and ignore his shit. But in our latest campaign, he's been working overtime to make us all hate him.

>party are all criminals in a very, very big city
>we're all working towards the goal of overthrowing some of the various cartels to get ourselves into power
>right now we're still relatively unknown, we've been working as double and even triple agents to get in good with some of the cartels
>we get a new job from one of the most powerful cartels, the ones that run the banks in the city
>That Guy has an idea, he'll join the city's police force
>the entire group points out that that will put their attention on him, which would put all of us in danger
>he ignores us and goes to the precinct anyway
>earlier he got a slaver's license from one of the bankers as a reward for one of our last missions we ran for the bank
>the police recruiter points out that he can't join because of this, because no fucking shit, that would be a massive abuse of power to be able to arrest someone and then enslave them
>That Guy goes to the bank to get the license nullified
>the banker tells him the exact same thing we all had said earlier
>it finally fucking clicks for him since it's the DM saying it and not, you know, EVERYONE ELSE IN THE FUCKING GROUP

There's more if anyone wants to hear it, because of course there is

This. I allow homebrew and even offer homebrewed options to make character more interesting, but only if player had already made a viable character vis system means only. I.e. allowing a tattooed monk alter one of his tattoos to match with his back story.
Also, it is important to see that your homebrew options aren't abusable in terms of character stealing spotlight or doing game-breaking shit.

We had a that guy in our group for like 1 session and the DM told him to fuck off.

>brought his Ipad to the game
>not to roll dice but to look up memes on the internet and show them to everyone at the table
>put no effort into his character when everyone else brought at least 2 page backstories for the DM to read
>made a generic fighter
>DM keeps track of BAB (this was 3.5)
>guy rolled a 12 on one of his attacks, connected with a +7 from his weapon (AC was 18)
>few rounds later into combat
>guy rolls an 8
>same weapon, same enemy
>''Yea I hit (DM's name), he takes (damage number)''
>DM gets pissed because the dude is fudging his rolls, gives him a warning to smarten up
>20 minutes later we are trying to open a magically locked door
>player ''I stick my dick in the lock lol''
>DM tells him to get the fuck out of his house, his character dies from magical energy surging into his body
>never hear from that guy again

This shit is not rocket science people. If someone is an annoyance you boot them.

The trips have spoken. Fuck in-game bonuses for sucking GM's dick. My brother became gay this way.

>There's more if anyone wants to hear it, because of course there is

You never have to ask if we want more, because the answer is always yes.

>That Guy who always overdramatically and poorly executes roleplaying, often yelling the most cliche shit

Every fuckin' LGS I go to, there's a guy who when his minis are killed he will make some obnoxious and loud yelling to roleplay their death. Its awkward as fuck and keeps me awake at night, stop it.

Fair enough.

>we decide to continue with the bank's latest job
>we have to find a way to splinter the alliance between two gangs
>these two gangs are a lesser street level gang, and the bank's closest rival who run the colosseum
>our plan is simple: infiltrate the lesser gang, then figure out the best course of action to make the large gang hate them
>we go to do this using information we've received from our bank contact
>he tells us to go to a club and talk to the owner
>we do so, and he sends us to save some "children" from a very bad man nearby
>we go to the spot he tells us about and get in easily there's two rogues so you know, not that difficult to break into places
>we head down to the basement and see tons and tons of crates, at least with what little little our torches are giving off
>one of us rolled very badly on stealth, so we hear a voice calling out telling us to show ourselves
>we end up getting attacked by a massive bat and several bat creatures
>also, a stone door slams down behind us
>they're utilizing the darkness and the crates to effectively pick at us from the shadows while the big ass bat is fucking us up
>it comes to That Guy's turn
>"I throw this vial of alchemist's fire at that crate."
>fucking what
>we all ask why he'd do something so stupid
>"It's dark in here, this'll help light the place up"
>sure enough, it does light the place up a bit
>we point out that we don't know what's in these crates
>"It'll be fine."
>next turn, purple smoke starts billowing out of the crate
>"It'll be fine, the smoke's not that big, it's easy to avoid."
>on his next turn he throws another vial at another crate, because the first one wasn't lighting the room up enough
>it should be pointed out, the light from this second one didn't even help him see any enemies
>oh, also, he's a half elf and has FUCKING DARKVISION
>at this point the purple smoke starts spreading from the first crate even more

1/2

>now we are, obviously, freaking out a bit
>because we're locked in a fucking basement with no obvious ways of getting out, and purple smoke is spreading over the ground rapidly
>that and we're fighting a bunch of batmen shooting poisoned darts at us while a couple of giant bats are tearing at us
>combat continues as we try desperately to avoid breathing this fucking smoke in
>we learn that it's not rising for some reason so we all climb up on some crates
>except for That Guy, who ended up getting knocked prone by one of the poison darts
>the purple smoke reached him the next turn which made him start hallucinating
>turns out these crates were filled with literal tons of smokable drugs
>so now he's basically out of the combat as we try to deal with the remaining bat creatures
>we manage to kill them all, but That Guy is laying in a cloud of smoke slowly dying as he continues to have a horrible, horrible acid trip

Now, it's at this point that one of the dudes from the lesser gang showed up. He was a demon of some sort, and used a bit of magic to clear the smoke from the area, which I'm pretty sure was DM pity after watching That Guy fuck us all over pretty hard.

So, we are now part of this lesser gang, and I tell one of the party members to take the drugged up That Guy back to the hideout. As he drags That Guy there, two ratmen come out of the shadows, because they've been hunting That Guy's character. See, that's the other thing: That Guy's character is a deposed noble THEY ALL FUCKING ARE and he's got a massive bounty on his head. Because of this, and because he doesn't even attempt to hide his fucking identity, using an alias that has been compromised for awhile now, we've had a few bounty hunters show up to catch him. So the party member was about to fight them off, realized he had 7 HP left, and then said, "You know what, take him, I don't care."

That Guy wasn't there to see it, but man I'm excited to hear his reaction to it.

>Talks way too loud
>Bad hygiene
>Teeth look like almonds
>Neckbeards
>Constantly interrupting you
>Comoletely miss social cues.

Do people really have a problem with borrowing dice? I and every other GM I know always have tons of extra dice.

>Teeth look like almonds

?

He probably means having thin, unwhitened teeth that resemble almonds in shape and color, as an addenum to "bad hygiene."

>Always speaks too quietly or too loudly.
>Stutters a bunch.
>Frequently stumbles over words.
I want to kick her out.

As of my recent GMing, if there's one thing that downright enrages me, it's passive aggressive remarks in the middle of a session.

Yes, I understand that I might have done something wrong in judgment and I appreciate your advice, but don't be a fucking cunt about it.

Also, players that throw a fit if they so much as fail a single roll in a session. Or players that complain about not understanding the rules despite having the resources in their hand as well as the GM taking the time out to explain to them several times.

I like homebrew, but I'm the DM. It's my game, I'm supplying the homebrew. I'm not putting in new rules that you just want to make an overly specific concept.

>tfw this is me

But what about working with a player to make that concept work?

>boisterous fuck, basically any Hollywood recruiter's wet dream
>deposed noble
>bounty on his head

If he had the ability to, once per person, give a no save geas to complete one task within their power, up to and including killing themselves, forgetting everything about a particular thing, or striking them incapable of intelligible speech, and could actually come up with decent plans, I could see him being a Lelouch knockoff. As it stands, though, he's too incompetent to make the cut.

Well, he has used Suggestion in almost every encounter we've been in so far.

I think it's succeeded maybe 2 or 3 times total.