/CofD/ &/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous Thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A
>News
theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-january-2017/
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/braaaazillll-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question
What do you think about the OWoD connection with Exalted?

Other urls found in this thread:

imagonem.org/2016/02/15/white-wolfs-lead-storyteller-there-will-be-a-release-in-2016/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

FIRST FOR MAGE SUPREMACY

Second for Weaboos

To the user who asked for the Timori writeup as a 2e Legacy? Here's what I've got so far.

You fucking monster.

These guys are fucking nasty.
Their final attainment can turn you into a Sleeper by eating all your Gnosis.
And Quiescence doesn't lube you up before it fucks your ass with its abyssal-shard dick any more.
How do you think you'll fare when you have to roll a Breaking Point for every mystical experience you had as a Mage?

The best part is the rest of the group will have a hell of a time figuring out what happened when they have to deal with a sleeper too.

This is awesome. I can't wait to use it. Thanks!

>OWoD connection with Exalted
I forgot about this when mentioning how animu OWoD is.

Okay, here's the full completed version.
Fourth Attainment's Optional Arcanum is batshit retarded and the original first Attinment, so I tied it into a contested test requiring a full ritual and everything so it could be more "balanced"

Fifth Attainment's Optional Arcanum doesn't really follow the normal rules for Withstand, but I thought if you've fucking failed in your mastery of your own soul that much that someone just sucked some enlightnment out of you, you're not really going to be in a position to stop them from tying your thoughts in a knot so you just lie then until they want to fucking eat part of your "soul" again.

OWoD is no longer connected to Exalted. They realized the weeaboo theme made no sense.

Read above you weeb

>Not Exalted
That's not what my Mage LARP book says.

>plain supremecy

>OWoD is no longer connected to Exalted

It was barely connected in the first place.

Have you ever diablerized in one of your games and if so, what were the consequences of such an act?

The True Fae are only omnipotent within Arcadia. I will also direct you to this previous comment

The Gentry are hardly undefeatable.

Nobody fucking care, we're talking about changeling you twat.

> more suited for tier 1 or 2 changeling games.
I hope they do Tier 3 and 4 end game books for 2e Changeling.

>I hope they do tier 3 and 4 end game books for 2e Changeling.

They already did. It's called Equinox Roads. You can become one of the Gentry, which are rank 7 entities according to Imperial Mysteries. They are right under Luna, Sol & Archmasters in terms of oomph.

So much of 2e feels like it might make Equinox Roads meaningless.

Becoming one of the True Fae is more akin to a "mini-game" than an actual Template. Currently, only Mage has Tier 4 material.

Nobody fucking cares about Changeling

Changelings are just sex slaves for Mages

Dibs on the fairest

>there are people that hate Toreadors
Images like this is why I love them.

see

I really hope Mage 2e keeps around the ability to throw away parts of yourself in the Ocean Ouroboros. (Like legacies and other pesky 'permanent things).

Several, actually. Some were almost immediately killed, another had her secrets exposed after a month, and one managed to come out on top because of it.

The latter and most memorable was a 12th gen Gangrel, a Cammy (later an Anarch/Independent) who lived his life by the idea of "winner takes all". Total scumbag.

When tensions flared up and the Anarchs got particularly blood-crazy in the made-up city that we called home, our coterie eventually whipped up a revolution that ended with the death of the primogen and the prince, and the diablerie of several of the elders.

My gangrel went after the Toreador primogen who was trying to flee the city, who happened to be 8th gen. He engaged her in combat, and thanks to some rather lucky rolls on my side (and crappy ones on the ST's side), he managed to stake her. He then proceeded to take advantage of the situation, and after defiling her body in more ways than one for sheer sport, he ended up eating her soul.

Thanks to some extraordinarily lucky rolls (and again, due to poor rolls on the ST's side), he dropped from 12th gen to 9th gen. Also got some levels in Celerity and Presence thanks to it.

After all that, the Anarch gangs ended up fracturing apart (as is usual), and our Coterie barely skipped town before the Camarilla's Justicars could arrive to clean up.

I played the character for another year or so, before I ended up retiring him when the rest of the coterie ended up dead. He committed several more diableries, but never dropped his generation down further due to never getting the chance to diablerize an 8th gen or lower, and he's "kill on sight" in several cities now (though obviously not Red List material).

He did end up with a point in Obfuscate and two in Serpentis after eating a Setite hitman though, so that was fun. In my group's current "world lore", he's now roving around down in Australia, trying to train himself in using the disciplines he's stolen from the souls of his victims.

We had two characters who diablerie in our vamp game.

The first one was when we accidentally topor the regional leader of new england sabbat (i think he is a npc from the book).

One of the pc asked for a sanctionized diablerie. After that he was the chill artsie dude that nobody wanted to mess with because everyone in the elysium saw him eat a dude and suck his soul. He got red eyes and afterwards became a master of elysium and serial diablerist.

My character was a weird ass caitiff with a background diablerie which made my sire appear as a aparition. Afterwards he went to cairo for Mukhtar Bey call, befriend him and learned he was my grand sire. Then went shit went down he strong arm my pc to diablerie him, like literally inmobilize my arms, feets and got bettles eating my pc body until he diabkerize him. His soul was killed by my sire soul because eberything that happened was a plot of my sire to kill Mukhtar Bey.

I got a point of quietus!

One of my players diablerized an Ancilla he reeeeally fucking hated, who through the chronicle shit all over him at every turn. Eventually it was found he was the Childe of the BBEG Elder so he decided to drop the fool in the worst way possible. When it was done, he dropped to Humanity 3 and then sat down in the guy's dining room chair and waited for the Sheriff to come for him (Sheriff knew what was happening and was coming to try to stop the PCs) the rest of the group went on to kill the Elder with clever planning, spamming Disciplines, some group Frenzy, and lucky rolls.

How are mages supposed to get BTFO by their hubris like the game's theme says when they're invincible and can do anything and beat anyone?

Other mages. Spirits and the like work well for lower tier gameplay as well. Not every mage starts a Master.

>LARP
>canon
>mage
please user, that was just a delusion by an inverted Avatar. What's next, claiming that the Nephandi are right?

>delusion by an inverted Avatar
What are Avatars but shards of Exalted's Exalts?
>the Nephandi are right
They do make some compelling points...

Obviously, they are the True Genius that sleeps inside everyone of us, user. Stop believing Reality Deviant propaganda and come with us for some Social Conditioning by Control

It just seems, thematically, like "I'm invincible and can do literally anything with no consequences" should be the thing Mages think moments before dire consequences ensue from them messing with something they don't understand, not something that actually becomes true about them at any point.

That is how it works, they just become unkillable cross splat because of those themes. Its more the fallout from your actions, not if you can or not.

So how about celestial masters next?
page 39 of supernal tarots

Letting two old men use your body for reverse revenge eating contests

So guys, what are you guys expecting to have for the Tokyo setting for the unreleased splats? Or better yet, who wants to bet there'll be a splat book for Tokyo like there was for Chicago.

weeaboo shit straight from Akira for Deviant, when David Hill writes it

Yo but Akira is dope as fuck, you gotta be a special kinda retarded to fuck that up.

Also I doubt David Hill likes Anime, I mean he thinks waifu is racist. I bet he thinks anime is something appopriated by the white man and is a stain on honurubur japanese curuture

he exalted connection was a gimmick that never went anywhere and was eventually abandoned anyway, and i feel like the vestiges of it put some weakpoints in the lore of both games

What happens when Fera, humans (mages) and other non-garou are forced to dance the Black Spiral?

Shout out to Hunters being pseudo-solars or whatever that shitty story hook was.

They fall to the wyrm and go more or less BSD iirc

I did it in a game once and ended up horribly mutated and then got murdered by some PCs I was hunting.

Nah, hunters were getting their powers from Lucifer

Were they not given their power by Lucifer or the Ministers in a last ditch to clean the earth of monsters before Judgement Day comes?

Even "master storyteller" Ericson believed that shit to be a mistake, so I doubt that we will ever see it again

I hope he kicks Mage metaplot and power level in the balls now that thry have to share one game universe and play nice.

Honestly I don't know shit about hunter the reckoning, I'm only really good for knowing about vampire and werewolf when it comes to oWoD. Really wanny get into Wraith or demon but, you know, 20th anniversery on the 'horizon' for wraith

I'd heard from a friend that hunter the reckoning had a story hook or implication that the imbued where proto/pseudo solars.

Why would he, the only conflict is people like you who get butthurt when God loses. Nothing in the text.

Uhhhh but he won't? He's obviously a vampire that wants to be a Mage

Nah, if crossover is going to get pushed from the begining then your mary sue faggots need to be brought in line with everyone else.

A man can dream

Has there been, like, ANY info on 4/5th edition One World of darkness stuff? I wanna know what they're doing since I heard they cut the, "Oh yeah Gehenna/the apoclypse/the ascension war happened.... Whatever, shit kept going."

Werewolf not having an Apocalypse around the corner is very retarded. The other lines can work around that theme absence but werewolf is built heavily on the idea of an end times. Not sure how you would evade or marginalize it without fucking up a lot of its themes.

Currently working on the Bene Ashmedai.
I'll get to the Celestial Masters after them.

Pro tip, if you're a Diabolist, don't fucking summon your Vice with their fifth attainment unless you can control it. Otherwise you risk losing all of your attainments for about a week.
Fucking Rank 4 Materialized Goetia.

Only a preview video which shows like nothing and some hints about vampire. I wish there was more given what M20 delivered.

It's only a problem when faggots like you start complaining that your precious princes of the night are inferior to old men with staves.

Go fuck yourself.

No one wants to be a faggy Gandalf.

Go back to your Harry Potter forums, fag.

Which legacy is the bene ashmedai?

Subconscious Baiting

"In 2006 the rise of the Wyrm and the inevitability of ecological Apocalypse became publicly known."
"Global Warming has released the Wyrm-tide. The end of the Impergium (ancient Werewolves hunting humans to keep their numbers manageable) seems like a terrible mistake in retrospect."
From Elricsons Interview: imagonem.org/2016/02/15/white-wolfs-lead-storyteller-there-will-be-a-release-in-2016/
Sounds less like the Apocalypse has just "happened", but that it is not the glorious battle that the Garou had imagined

The counterpart to the Clavicularii, who embrace their goetia instead of subduing them

I'm sorry, user

I'm sorry that Gandalf buttfucked Dracula.

>The Wyrm-Tide
That sounds.... God, its so anti-climatic.

don't give Dracula too much credit. A faggy mortal with a cross defeated him. Impossible for one of the mage master race

>tfw Gandalf is relaxing in his comfy vampire recliner

Bet that's what the Garou thought, too
>#TheRokeaWereRight
>#SharkMasterRace

I hope the Rokea are fucking dead, or at least one of their factions is FUCKING DEAD, be it mainliners or the same-bito and their disgusting HUMAN fucking

Nothing about that statement suggests it won't be a glorious battle, just that the war will go hot. Or rather, hotter.

A prolonged conflict warring into oblivion instead of one final battle to determine the fate of the universe.

>Eastward shift

Of course the euro focuses on yurop. These events are going to suck for any NA players.

The Wyrm Tide summarizes everything they have experienced prior to the Apocalypse so... yeah

ah, the US will get focus, no worry. Since they want to focus on "where dramatic change is happening"

It sounds like a bad modern era Warhammer event, no joke.

Also my internet has fucked up, so I'm posting from my phone for now.
Finished the Bene Ashmedai.
Moving on to Celestial Masters.

Man this goes fast when you don't have to write lore or care to much about oblations and yantras.

As long as it doesn't end like End Times and we get shiny new realms for every splat, everything is fine

I would play Age of Caine desu

>No one wants to be a faggy Gandalf

Yes we do. Especially when Mages shit on Vampires.

Does Caine become the embodiment of the Sphere of Entropy? Who will embody Forces or Prime?

I agree. Let's have each gameline exist in separate realities. My pride is still sore after discovering that an Archmage can blow up Caine.

Oblivion is the embodiment of Entropy, which was apparently kick-started by an ancient Mage that "imagined the cosmos into being"

Another theory is that the Grand Maw (Grandmother) is another aspect of it.

No you fools Dumbledore was the fag, In a school full of under aged boys who sleep with ratmen

Gandalf just liked short stacks. And honestly he didn't have that many tricks. Lights, talk to animals, I mean even his rez into Gandalf the white was thanks to the gods

i'm starting to believe that the only people who actually care that mages are the strongest are magefags

>Could you explain a little about the deal you’ve made with Onyx Path? What will be the main difference between “The Chronicles of Darkness” and “The World of Darkness”?

>There is only one WoD. Chronicles of Darkness is a sandbox tabletop setting featuring the same broad creature types as the World of Darkness, but it is not the same world. It will not be spun off into computer games, novels, TV or anything else. It’s our specific brand for great metaplot-less, flexible, table-driven tabletop rpg. With the 2nd editions CoD has really found a separate identity from WoD and will continue to become even more of it’s own thing. We still own it but it’s Onyx Path’s baby. I love CoD and find that is a much more playable game with a more vague and unsettling aesthetic than WoD ever had. Too bad it never sold for shit and that old players hated it. It lacked the epic scope and the punk passion of the classic WoD. Had it done even remotely as well as the classic WoD things would be very different.

lol(?)

Lucifer would be something.

Maybe the Perfect Metis as Forces or Life?

Mage players are naturally hubristic

don't say that too loud that might make their e penises hurt

Yeah, pretty much, there's zero mage wank in any mage game I've been in. We're usally to busy looking at weird shit or having fun with spells while not interacting with other splats at all.

>Gandalf was low key Celestial Chorus

His actor is homo tho, so he is gay by extension

I thought Lilith would be Life, given that even the Verbena rever her

>Mage imagining the universe into existence

That's Forces 9 / Prime 9 for you

Have you tried to be hubristic without being a mage? It is not the same

Yeah true.

Perfected Metis as the Balance Wyem's avatar probably needs a place though. Its the only Changing Breed that has metaplot backing its potential God tier status

Lilith being a Mage is just going to piss off even more Vampfags. Especially since she's stronger than Caine according to that one scenario.

>Forgetting about the Exemplars

No you fools. There would be only one guy with all the spheres and his name is....

Sam Haight
THE ULTIMATE BAD ASS

That is right. Perhaps as Spirit, given that this is the overarching theme of Werewolf?
Or Queen Ananasa,the daughter of the Weaver, as Correspondence

And he was a Mage

Even the writers don't consider Sam Haight to be canon.

Actually, can you name me three fictional characters that are bigger Mary Sues than him?

>Gandalf didn't play mad game on Galadriel
>Gay people can't play straights
you're grasping at straws

Alucard from Hellsing.
Every DC hero
Every Marvel hero

are there any named Exemplars, by chance?

He hijacks Caine's power by diablerizing him somehow, then ascends to Archmage status AND hijacks the Triat.

Is there anyone that can stop a guy THIS fucking cool?