>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DSCGoefBO7Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ok so I was looking at CAT and I figured it was pretty outdated in the scheme of things. All I did was reduce the prices to a more 100/200/300/600 type instead of 100/300/500/800. Also a lot of prices on items were slashed.

Thanks, Many.

Here is a question to start things off, what is the biggest wasteful expenditure of CP in a single jump that you have ever made and have no regrets about?

In my current main chain I spent 1000 CP in Spice and Wolf to get Fluffy tails 43 times I regret none of it

Is still Goku.

In jumps where secret identities are a thing, is it in bad taste to go as your alter ego for Halloween?

Cool. Updating my build now.

Full Party still refers to 300cp freebies though.

Of course not. Batman does it. So does superman.

Harvest moon. Spent almost all my cp on beauty

Yes. Traditionally you're supposed to go as one of your superheroic friends, preferably one on the same team as you. Going as yourself is wasting an opportunity for good-natured ribbing through terrible impressions of each other.

Well then. That makes a few things more affordable.
I'm probably still going to throw more than half my cp into racial perks, but now I can actually buy a capstone.
Neat.

> Batman does it. So does superman.
What happens if a criminal shows up and tries to rob the costume party they're at, when everyone at the party thinks they're Bruce Wayne/Clark Kent?

That is the point, it is an amusing and interesting situation that the author can use as the premise for a story.

Renegade Jumper # 27 Commoragh
Starting location: Shaa-Dom (Just lovely)
Background: Drop In (0)
Perks:
*Resistance (0)
*Just another day in the life (100)
*Wych (300)
*Pre-Fall Science (600)

Journal # 26590

Well… I wound up almost having my soul sucked out by some evil god thing. I escaped only to find myself in … a place. Yeah that’s about all I’ll say about it. It brought back some memories I would rather not reflect on. All I knew was I needed to get out of here as fast as I could.

As quickly as I could I used magic to get people to tell me the way out of here, stole ship and escaped in to space. It’s a relief to be away from there after what I saw in a few short minutes of being there.

So I think I wound up in the same universe where the light of terra was and that’s just horrifying. I remember we killed a lot of chaos beings. Still I wonder how cultist-chan is getting along?

Anyways we made it to the Imperium of man. I was able to turn in Hooligan Tuesday’s dog tags and report she fell bravely in battle with chaos. I may have embellished my story so that she actually got a heroic sacrifice against the hordes of chaos and saved the day as opposed to the chaos of the warp getting her but still. I was glad to give her some of the praise she deserved and hope that the tags and story gets back to her family to give them some comfort.

The rest of my time I spent exploring the imperium. It was understandably not a nice place but better than where I started this jump.

Batman reveals that he was actually Batman disguised as Bruce Wayne dressed as Batman the whole time.

Yay!!!

I figure most criminals have enough tact not to do things like that during holidays.
Aren't they usually at their own parties anyways?

Jumpers, what are your houserules regarding carrying a fanfiction drawback?

So when were companions added to jumpchain in its grand history?

If Clover or JC are here, I'm still thinking of weird stuff to do in Fallen London seconds before I disappear. Here's one idea.

Voice Your Complaints.

A price increase of 1 cent is an affront to dignity, not the wallet. If ever there was an absolute moral imperative....

You’ll try haggling.

For a few blissful, horrible moments, the marketplace is filled only with the usual quiet dread. Then a sound not unlike the roar of a Fulgent Impeller, accompanied by the ringing of newly wounded eardrums. Children of one species or another cry out in panic, while mirrors shatter themselves to save your voice the trouble. There is anarchy, but not really. The kind of disorder that comes only when the truly unprepared are told to clean up their act. Regulation? Statute? Something like that.

Then, silence. A moment of quiet consideration amidst a decimated sense of general composure. Apples, both fruit and individual, remain motionless and lightly singed. More than lightly. But not harmed, surely. They knew your sense of humor before bringing you here.

“1.60 per bag,” You say, reaching for what now resembles a lump of coal, “Is not such a bad price after all.”

And then you vanish. From the Neath, and likely from history.

After the warehouse, I'm guessing.

>BtVS intensifies

I rule that I can do it so long as I'm not getting an advantage from it. This can involve changing the power level of the setting, if anything I could get from the changes are things I already have access to from other places (like, for example, going to a Mass Effect fanfic with fusion-pumped laser weapons if I already have the tech for that). This is applied more strictly in fanfics where I could acquire power boosts instead of just new ways to do things, so no going to a Highschool DxD jump with a non-canon Longinus and stealing it, or something like that. Crossovers are also forbidden, if I want to go to a place I need to have a jump for it.

Hey Manyfist, after you hit the Softcap on Speedster, how long would it take to get to Mach 100? 1000? The speed of light?

Fanwank it. Assuming no training perks, it'll take a long time. Even with training perks it'll take a long time. You have to put ton of effort in improving it for little gain.

I'd say it was maybe as far as 6 months into the thread's existence, the first batch of thread-made jumps didn't account for the idea in any way.
Companion rules and companion imports were created because podded allies wouldn't stand a chance in the planned endgame jumps (DBZ and 40k)

So far it's the 850 CP I dropped making the Kamen Rider Passion belt in NHp1. I regret nothing! Especially not the name!

That will probably change when I hit Spirited Away and sink literally all my points and my Companion's points into Hot Springs Tokens.

Nah, but it's more fun to dress up as your fellow capes. One year in Teen Titans we all went as Robin. That was fun. All of us dressing up as Starfire the next year was decidedly more awkward. She can be surprisingly persuasive when she wants to be. Beast Boy freaking owned it though. Good times.

Race: Nekomi [Rolled Free Choice]
Shiny Hunter [Free]
>perks:
Spliced [Free] Cool.
Shinies Galore! [Free] Shiiiny...
Cat's Grace [Free] Nyan.
Dog's Ear [200] Always take sense boosts.
Fox's Cunning [200] Creativity, wisdom, intelligence, and banter. Oh my.
Find the Shiny [100] Finally, I don't have to waste spellslots on Locate Object to find my carkeys.
Party Animal [200] Party time! ...After naps.
>companions
Full Party [200] Fluffy ears and tails for everyone!
>shinies:
Snorkel Mask [Free] Sure?
Biggest Boat! [200] A really fun place to live while we're here, now that it's just barely affordable.
>drawbacks:
Butterfingers [+100] This is vacation time anyhow. I can deal with clumsiness.

Here we go, bit of an upgrade for my vacation spot.

I'm... actually still not sure what I'm doing here. Aside from having fun. Am I even doing aside from lazing about and having fun?

Anyway. Thanks for having me go back to this, Manyfist.

Don't need no drawback, I just pick the version of a setting I prefer. I'm no powergamer so it doesn't provide me anything except stories I enjoy more.

Is drop in supposed to not have a 300cp perk? I cant find it in this version.

That's fantastic.

I don't, because I feel like that kindof goes against the spirit of jumpchain. But at the same time, I don't really have anything against people who do it.

I think as long as it's not for, like, blatant "I want to go here because I'll become stronger than canon/can get this one thing that doesn't exist in other continuities" it's fine.

Like if you just really want to go to Methods of Rationality and knee Harry Potter in the groin until he can't have children, there's not really any reason to say you shouldn't.

I think they were always there. Always limit to active eight. The whole bit.
It just took a really long time to standardize imports, was all. For a long time nobody had any consensus on how to handle that.

In Dragon Ball Z, I blew all my CP on companioning the entire Ginyu Force. And nothing else.
... That's not a waste of CP, I just want everyone to know.
It's the One True Build.

Now I'm trying to decide which settings will be most improved by sudden star appearances by TOKU SENTAI TOKU SENTAI.
It's surprisingly difficult, because "all of them" isn't really the answer I'm looking for.
So I'm open to suggestions.
Hint hint.

Wait, will things like Enhanced Mastery affect it? I assumed it wouldn't?

Okay, if it wwre you wanking it, how fast do you think someone could get with 1000 years of constant training, assuming no training perks?

Anyway, thanks.

It's not really wasteful since it came with other stuff but I dumped 1100 cp into getting a functional homing attack in classic sonic. I already have better ways to attack so I'm never going to need it for anything.. I just did it for the sheer what the fuck of homing blanka balls.

I'd suggest Mighty Morphin Power Rangers but I think you've already taken that?

People will bitch, but I think that's a completely legit answer.

I wish I could do that. Not that I'd be tempted to powergame, but just because there's a broken little part of my brain that will insist I'm doing things wrong if I go to an alternate continuity without justifying it through rules. What's wrong with me?

Yeah, but there's nothing to say I can't retcon some things. I do it all the time.

I don't do jumps in order or anything. It's a jumbled up mess of stories. So, depending on where I decide to slot DB in, I might have actually had the Ginyus for a long time in "canon".
Huge ripples of story changes are getting ready to be made.

Actually, a major plot point for that jump is that a bunch of companions got stuck inside the dumpster for a hundred years with me at the start, and went near catatonic from stir crazy.
I think given the disastrous jump landing, it would make a lot of sense if I cycled in some strong and motivated companions to "take over" for me while I figured out what I wanted to do to salvage the situation.
The Ginyu Force would be really fitting in that regard. Just imagine the shit they'd get up to if their only orders were "go distract people"?

And I somehow forgot my avatar in between connection fuckups.
WHATEVER.

Anyway, the point is, I'm trying to think of settings to throw the Ginyus at, and "I've already been there" isn't as much of a limiting factor as you'd think.

>What's wrong with me?
You're autistic. Most people here are autistic though, so it's not that big a deal.

It's not autism. That's characterized by a number of factors that I don't possess. I'm just neurotic. What did this to me to make me so neurotic, though...that's the question.

Human nature makes people powergame. Our entire evolution has been pushing us to find the most efficient way to game the system so we qill come out on top. First it was walking forever then it was using sticks to poke stuff far away then it was using fire to kill things we dont like. Now we powergame with guns to kill stuff from so far away its scary. Human nature is to minmax and game at all times.

You talking about the Ginyu Force reminded me how disappointed I am that "what if" scenarios in the games never do much with Ginyu's body-swapping technique.

I want to concoct a crazy plan where I use meta-knowledge and acting perks to convince the the rest of them that I'm Ginyu.

Yeah, but it's not about mix-maxing, it's more like I can't go outside the rule system. Freeform imagination just doesn't do it anymore, I'm too deep in the chain.

Not real autism, just the general neurotic obsession that gets labeled "autism" on Veeky Forums.

Crap. Thanks for pointing that out.

Are there any types of magic that would be suitable for a little girl to learn even though she has some anger issues?

That reminds me of how, there was a DBZ game for the Super Nintendo, with an RPG battle system based on drawing cards.

And in it you play up from Raditz all the way to beating Freeza. And for the most part it's pretty normal. Other than liberal abuse of pallet swap enemies.
But there's some weird things you can do as well. Like, zenkais exist in the game, and you can collect cards to fullheal your characters, and you can abuse these cards to make your Saiyan characters ridiculously more powerful than they're supposed to be.
Or, if you nail every single one of Goku's training jobs at King Kai's on the first try, he'll actually get back to Earth fast enough to save everyone from dying. And after that you can take Yamcha and Chiaotzu and Tien with you to Namek, in addition to everyone else.

But most interesting was that Captain Ginyu had a glitch. Where normally, if he swapped bodies with you and then you beat him, you turn back to normal after the battle. But if you swapped out the character in your party that got transformed, they wouldn't.
So you could have a permanent Ginyu in your team. And for some characters, like Chiaotzu, this was actually a major upgrade.

And even though you'd switch back to Ginyu at the end of every battle after that, you could still use Ginyu's bodyswap to steal anyone's body for the one battle. Including Freeza.

So that's kindof fun to think about.

I vote to have the Ginyu Force show up I the WWE Jump.

I'd suggest Air or Water Bending. Both would also help teach her some anger control.

>Human nature makes people powergame.
While I agree with that, I don't so much agree with what follows. I think that when people powergame its because they see jumpchain less as a story prompt idea, that may or may not include self-insert characters and the like, and more a naked power fantasy. Now I'm condemning power fantasies, and I am also not saying that many to most of the stories told and dreamt up by and in jumpchain are some variant of self insert fiction. However, there are those who do not always pick the ULITMUT POWAH and hulk smash everything in sight. Some enjoy stories with different themes, restrictions, modes, and conclusions.

So I think the power-wanker discussion is more about who is using jumpchain, what their headspace is like, and what they're trying to get out of this.

Final Fantasy style magic is small scale enough to not be a crisis if misused, but useful enough to be relevant.
If you're still worried about her breaking things make sure she specs into white magic.

Is still Ruby.

Well, other than draining the world of all its life it's not a big thing.

Ok looks like there wasn't a 300cp Drop-In, so I had to quickly make one up.

Hot Buns (300cp) (Discount Drop-In) – It would seem that the mold broke with you. Kemomimi are attractive, but you take it to the next level. Your skin is always flawless, your scent is intoxicatingly sweet but in the good way, your hair is always perfect and your voice is positively divine.

That's not really magic use doing that it's someone thinking it's a good idea to try draining the planet's soul to pay the electricity bill.
Assuming you mean FF7 that is.

Do Lantern Rings count as transformation gadgets that can be imported into the various Kamen Rider Jumps? Or is that TOO much of a stretch?

I could totally teach her water bending. Final fantasy magic would probably help too. Especially since she was born in dbzm as a saiyan child. Healing would probably come in handy.

On one hand, they do grant superpowers and a costume. On the other hand They are mainly a superpowers thing rather than a transformation things. Since the costume isn't supposed to hide your identity. And those rules are not conducive to fighting kaijin so you might not want to use that for that.

Unless you cast one of the really big spells, at which point it destroys the world but somehow everyone is fine afterwards. So still not a risk of hurting people, but it could cause a crisis from panic.

I was assuming FF7, and I was just making an off the cuff joke.

FIrst time I made a build for Sekirei, It was nothing but companions.

And also 600 cp in drawbacks, because why not?

5 high fives is better than one, do the long-jump.

If you leave Sekirei without a great many waifus you have done something wrong.

He said wasteful expenditure, that is just a proper Sekirei build.

read it again, they are all your friends, you get Six high-fives. Either way because you're so good at skateboarding

Um, my latest build for it is one import and one export. So, I suppose I have failed.

Though, I also took the 108 drawback. Sadly, I didn't have blue feathers at that point.

...Wait, does that mean Miya never gets married?

Yeah, I just turn all my waifus into Sekirei.

Meltrandi Sekirei Jibril is all kinds of fun.

Unless you buy Miya as your Sekirei she stays alone forever since her husbando died.

But the drawback sets you as their default thingamabob? So she'd never marry him in the first place?

I think?

Renegade Jump # 28 Goat Simulator
Starting Location: Goat-ville

Perks:
Mutator: Goatsaurus Rex (300)
Mutator: Sizeshifting Goat (500)

Equipment:
*Jet Pack (200)

Journal # 27001

Well I am having to write this based on my memory of the last 10 years because… I had no hands and couldn’t write. I tried a few times but wound up eating the pencil. They taste terrible by the way.

So I was a T-rex for 10 years and I could grow to be an even bigger T-rex or a tiny T-rex. I also harassed people broke stuff and was a general nuisance. I feel a bit bad now but I was a goat or T-rex so I believe some of that was to be expected.

Physics was weird in that world and I got very little actually done. I am not sure what the point of that jump is but now I can turn in to a T-rex so that’s fine

He was never her Ashikabe, she just loved him.
Also you enter the Jump after he already died.

I don't but I do wish i did in regards to several settings. There's certain changes to several settings that I think would make thing more interesting. There's also one Mass Effect X Deus Ex HR crossover fic that I wish had a jump.

If you take the drawback without buying her then her first husbando died and then you left her behind. Even more sad.

>but now I can turn in to a T-rex so that’s fine
TRUTH!

Oh, okay.

...makin me revise my build again.

>That image
The "Delinquent" T-Rex is pretty cute.

Do you keep your companions under control, or do they keep you under control?

Yes.

I'm almost positive that I saw a perk about a week ago the basically said "jumps will follow canon unless you actively force them not to," but I can't for the life of me remember where I saw the perk.

does anyone know what jumps at the very least have something like that?

I want to imagine that is how my Renegade jumper's Satyr form looks.

I suppose if you take both the 108 drawback and the miyu hates you one, she turns into a yandere of some kind?

What are the rules regarding fusion in the MV tournament? I'd assume you can't fuse mid-match, but can you enter as a fusion? And if so, do you lose if you defuse?

youtube.com/watch?v=DSCGoefBO7Q

Penny Dreadful.

Penny Dreadful

I think penny dreadful has a perk for that. I know there are others but cant name them at the top of my head

I know that that isn't the perk I was looking for, but it works just as well. Thanks!

She turns into Karusuba. Who would respond to her Ashikabi by:
Ignoring them
Murdering them
Raping them
Or by far the most likely possibility, all three.

Those drawbacks mean you get to deal with two women like that.

Do you perhaps mean the one from Boktai.

I spent 1000cp on the 'grow in a week' housing items from Van Helsing when I already had an island in a pocket dimension that I could access at any point of time.

But people are surprisingly less impressed with a pocket dimension than they are with a caravan that is bigger on the inside.

A mix; some keep things orderly while others just do what they want and invite others along for the fun.

You need to enter the tournament as a fusion for it to be allowed, as you would otherwise have to bring in outside help (which is against the rules). Since the components of a fusion are still the fusion, breaking it during a match is A-OK.

... I'm almost positive that you and I saw that about a week ago in one of the threads, as a possible perk for an upcoming jump. But that's all I can remember.

As long as only one person enters the ring it is fine, defusing is fine (a few characters do that) and summoning help is fine (several characters do that to, usually pokeball style).

Yes.

Dungeon Seige 2 has another and that jump was rather recent.
Is it the one you were looking for?

>summoning help is fine
So you're saying a Devil-Tiger could pull out their Third-Circles from the Inner World and it counts as Legal?
Oh boy, time to unleash Antherion on Freiza.

>T-rex
>dem hips
>dem thighs
Royal indeed.

Cool, thanks, I haven't read the comic so I had no idea. Fusion and summoning raise my chances considerably.

There's a guy that summons like fifteen dozen ghosts in the middle of a match some of which were fighters from previous rounds.
It's totally allowed although you might want to make a show of pulling them out so it doesn't look like someone teleported in to help you.

The scientist summons a small army, one guy summons a Kaiju he keeps in his bracelet, and Alt Videl breaks the Z Sword mid fight so the tournament organizers accepted Old Kai as her helper.