Female Players In M:tG

Some days ago, I found a thread, here in Veeky Forums, which greatly called upon my attention: female representation at LGSs were scarse, yet WotC was resilient on telling a third of the player base were female.

My gf and their female friends are nerds who also enjoy the hobby so, intrigued, I asked them this last weekend about what and how they enjoy this game. I was surprised about their answer, but it was pretty ironical, actually.

To put it short, they play cube. They and their friends play it a lot. They love gathering by themselves as one of them offers her cube to draft that night. They even compete, gloat and gossip about who has the best cube to draft... according their vision of the game.

In fact, some of them didn't even have Fatal Push or Yahenni's Expertise in their cubes because they don't want black to be a strong colour. Sure, you can ise it for some spicy tribal deck but you won't see a lot of black staples there.

I wish I was baiting but I don't. However, don't misunderstand them. They weren't full of themselves or some arrogant stuff like that. They were just defining what is fun for them to play with.

To sum up, eventhought I sound a little sexist, you will find more girls at the kitchen table than at the LGS table. Where we go out bravely to the unknown and make ourselves fit into a determined format, they like to have control of the rules, the gathering place, who comes there and which cards they play woth.

Since I am just a mortal man with the limited experience that my small enviroment has given to me, I would like to hear some other stories and opinions, so I could make a better conclusion to this subject.

Nice blog fag where do I subscribe?

Why do you insist on doing this? I was with you in the other thread, and you just had to Shitpost there too. What's wrong with you? Who hurt you?

tl;dr, looks to be some /r9k/ bullshit too.

Summary is basically "Girls play MTG, they just do it at home away from the LGS so they don't have to deal with bullshit."

Huh, good for them I guess.

so like most people basically.

Obviously we haven't oppressed them enough.

We have two (actually attractive) females that play Monday night modern at one of my LGS. Unfortunately their boyfriends play as well. One day I will find a sweet qt 3.14 that plays control and is a dominatrix in the sack ;_;
Ebin

> reddit spacing
> playing cube
> playing games with useless attention whores

I seriously hope your girlfriend gets her throat cut by a muslim rapist. Listen. No one gives a fuck about people being "sexist" and "problematic". If you start bitching about that in the real world, people will listen to you but only because they are fucking embarassed by your existence. Guess what? No one cares that your girlfriend plays Magic. Some girl I played at FNM with the one time I was dumb enough to waste money in order to play a card game with the absolute lowest scum of society, tried to talking to me and i mostly just ignored her shit questions like "what are you doing later tonight?" and other shit. Who cares? I'm going home to jack off and wonder why I wasted money on fucking Friday Night Magic, and you're going to go get dicked by the most alpha neckbeard at this sad pathetic fluorescent-lit store, in the back of your car, and probably get herpes from him. Most women who game are attention whores and MTG girls are even worse. Don't get pissy just because your girlfriend wears slut clothes to the game shop then gets whiny when people stare at her ass. Stay the fuck home then, woman. You wouldn't be complaining so much if the men staring at you were attractive. But if you wanted to be stared at by attractive men, then the local friendly game store is the LAST fucking place you should be going..... I mean what the fuck? There is no explanation or excuse for this kind of stupidity. You have to be doing it on purpose. It's just too much at this point. You seek out the worst corners of humanity then complain about them and how oppressed you are. It's like going on a fuckin African safari and whining you are being oppressed while being eaten by a fucking tiger. Not that it makes it ok for these sad fat faggots to be creeps toward you. But you sure don't make it any easier on yourself when you create problems out of nothing and generally are just a shit player that no one wants.

is this an autism cube?

I certainly wouldn't look for a potential date in a LGS. However, you could get to know those couples and, maybe, meet a female friend of them who you like. In the worst of the cases, you have gotten more people to play Magic with.

Anyways, I can't tell about the other girls I met at a LGS, but yeah, my gf only came at pre-releases and more as a way to hang oit with me than anything. Maybe she just enjoy the game with her friends.

Dude, calm down. You are doing alright with your life.

>tiger in an African safari
>a neckbeard having an STD

Not an argument.

>You are doing alright with your life.

No I'm not.

> having female friends

You are fucking retarded.

I was just blogging, not looking for advice from a turbo virgin like you lel

I'm just suprised there is no cube general here on Veeky Forums.

No cube general because Cube isn't a set format. I can guarantee it would quickly devolve into a circlejerk about a few particular high power lists, like the MTGO Powered Holiday Cube.

You shouldn't be laughing, it's tragic really. Some people have anuses where normal people have hands. They want to post text, but end up posting shit.

playing at an LGS is for the birds. i only go there if i know that at least 2 of my friends are also going. the average mtg player is a retard with sweaty hands and a speech impediment and i get enough of those people when i show up go to my computer science classes

Well it could be fairly useful in terms of tuning personal cubes and discussing cards that may be too powerful etc.

A cube general would be pretty nice

FPBP.

Sounds reasonable enough.
I wouldn't go to an LGS if i had a decent gaming group.
As a matter of fact, i have one and thus the stores sees me for prereleases and the rare time when i need something so fast that i can't bother ordering it online.

Now thats a triggered neckbeardwizard if i have ever seen one.

Too soon, OP

Everyone knows that you start a thread on Friday to get the most replies.

Given his spacing I am guessing he has not been posting here too long. Back to /r/MagicTCG with you, OP!

This is it. Most FLGS suck.

Ah, yes. The problematic "reddit spacing", also known as "the way some people have been typing on Veeky Forums since 2003".

I remember the first time someone accused me of being from reddit.

It took me a while to understand what they were talking about, because I've never been.

Wait. Redditspacing being what everyone else calls "paragraphs"?

Yeah, basically.

Some people really like getting triggered by things, I guess.

It's like a few years ago how some people would monitor as many threads as they could looking for people who posted images they got off Google because

>tumblr in the filename

tl;dr
>Men and women like different things, and I, as an educated man, have noticed this. I would like to point it out, without being sexist, because I fail to understand the concept.

Fuck off you tard. If you're going to troll, either be nuanced or not. Don't try whatever "this" is again.

Fuck me thats retarded.

Yeah, it's absolutely retarded.

People do the same with
>9gag
too, just not to such an extent.

Op here. Actually, I don't browse redditbut now I am intriged. Why am I using "reddit pacing"?

They're rare

You're using paragraphs.

A great many people have a very hard time imagining that men and women might tend to like different things or the same things in different ways.