Stat me Veeky Forums

Stat me Veeky Forums

I mean, really, which systems even allow for PoP style acrobatic parkour bullshit?

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.sjgames.com/showpost.php?p=742018&postcount=13
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Feng Shui lets you do crazy shit.

On the crunchier end of things, Fantasy Craft can be pretty wild. Pic related, this involves a loose interpretation of one rule, but is generally in line with the kind of stuff FC characters can do anyway.

we had a thread a little while ago about this topic.

didn't some user make a bunch of rolls for different parkour moves with different effects?

what's the system used in this?

found it

>sprinting
when you're trying to cover ground as fast as possible, expose yourself and roll+power. If you succeed then you make it there in plenty of time, if you fail then you're either too slow, or you get caught or cornered.

>Rooftop Jumping
when you're travelling by rooftop roll+agility. On a success you travel without being noticed by those below, on a fail, you cause quite a commotion among passers by. While on rooftops you're at a penalty to all awareness abilities for things going on at street level.

>Sneaking
when your tailing someone along the streets roll+subtlety. On a success you follow them to a secluded location, on a fail you are discovered by them or their allies.

>Wall Climbing
When you scale walls and other tall structures, it's going to take a while and roll+agility. On a success you bypass whatever barrier was in your way, on a failure you attract attention to yourself.

Anima?

>which systems even allow for PoP style acrobatic parkour bullshit?
Any of them, just work out with your GM beforehand which skills will apply to what stuff.

the issue there is that leaves you with just a barebones skill system (in most games anyway). If you want that part of the game to be interesting it would be helpful to have committed mechanics for it.

VeloCity is basically 100% acrobatic parkour bullshit

3E Mutant had some very rad psi options that let you run on and up walls, as well as ones to let you walk through said wall or stab someone on the other side of a window.

Sadly the game is in Swedish so nobody will ever play it ever.

Designing dedicated mechanics and sub-systems for such anecdotic things as "parkour fighting" is a nightmare, which tends to lead to cluttered and messy systems that you have to fight against to be able to lead a game when you are a GM, and which you are condemned to not grasping at all when you are a player.

Not to say that it can't be done, but it won't be enjoyable for most people, unless you just roll without it. See for exemple Shadowrun, and despair.

>Movement (wall-crawl, limited to while moving) 1pt
>Jump 2 ranks - 2pt
Well about done, spend the other 147 points wherever else.

>Healing, limited to self, limited uses, ranks: a shitload
>Alternate Effect: Immortality rank 5, comes back after 6 seconds, weakness: doesn't work if used up all healing charges.

>I mean, really, which systems even allow for PoP style acrobatic parkour bullshit?
Did you try GURPS?
forums.sjgames.com/showpost.php?p=742018&postcount=13

Though I don't remember if there are rules for horizontal wall-running specifically.

That's only a problem if you're insistent on making it overly detailed, or if you have a subsystem for everything.

Legend of the Elements has a system whereby in order to use chi (meta-currency) to improve the results of a roll the action which triggered the roll must have incorporated one of the environment tags currently in play

Size/Type: Large Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 5d10+25 (52 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +5 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+14
Attack: Claw +9 melee (1d6+5)
Full Attack: 2 claws +9 melee (1d6+5) and bite +4 melee (1d8+2)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab
Special Qualities: Scent
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 21, Dex 12, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Listen +8, Spot +8
Feats: Alertness, Track
Environment: Temperate forests
Organization: Solitary, pair, or pack (3-8)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 6-8 HD (Large); 9-15 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: —

Uhhh, any system that has a 'tumble' or 'acrobatics' or some such skill mechanic.

Shadowrun allows all that and more.

Otherwise DnD 5e or maybe something like FantasyCraft could do that.

>someone's already said FantasyCraft

Oh shiet, I thought that was a pretty niche system.

WoD has a skill for using swords, does that make it a good system for playing animu warriors?

Fantasy Craft. It's a very crunchy fantasy game, sort of a Gallant to Pathfinder's Goofus. Both games can claim to be a "fixed 3.5" but FC actually made an effort, tearing the whole thing down and rebuilding it differently to make it functional and balanced.
Magic is a little weak and uninteresting though, compared to the martials.That's supposed to change with the Spellbound splat, but it's perpetually delayed; they don't say, but I would bet they're having trouble balancing the huge amount of magical options they've promised to match everything else in power. Combinatorial explosion and all.

>Any of them,
Not that one that you can only do what is written at the book.
There has rules about rolling the dice

>but it won't be enjoyable for most people,
Thanks god, we can have more than oen rpg