Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Deadpan Edition.

>Rules and such. Use Readium/Kobo for epubs.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

> 40k rules reference wiki
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQ
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List builder
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP thread for semi-competent advice
>40k Roleplay general, for pretending to be an inquisitor and saying *blam* constantly

Other urls found in this thread:

music.youtube.com/watch?v=IUGzY-ihqWc&feature=share
twitter.com/AnonBabble

As gorgeous as that model is, that new (old?) design for the plasma pistol is garbage.

IDD, Looks like a modded nerf gun, luckily it's in a easy position for a swap.

Can any oldfags that were around in 2E help me find the best points level to play at in 7E to get the same army sizes in 2E 1500 points?

I think 1500 points bought you like 20-30 infantry models and 1-2 tanks back then. I'm guessing maybe 750, 1000, or even 1250 points if you buy a lot of warger and not hordes would be about similar size?

How has the old mega died and why is no one uploading all the stuff from the old mega? Painting guides, colour schemes there was a lot of content. The new mega sucks ass not even the new white dwarf is in it

POST YFW FAILBBADON BTFO BY CYPHER

Ole' armless will literally get shot in the face by a regular space marine what a fuckingshitty way to end it

>Ole' armless will literally get shot in the face by a regular space marine
Most likely in the final moment CYpher will be backstabbed by tyranid: "nothing personel man-thing"

ROCK VS PHALANX! GO!

How do you guys typically view the epub documents?

Reminder that the Night Lords have a song that captures their theme perfectly

music.youtube.com/watch?v=IUGzY-ihqWc&feature=share

FAQ:
>Dubstep is gay lol?
Dubstep suits many chaotic factions as it is fairly chaotic
Also this song is hardly Dubstep

>I listened to three seconds and I thought it was shit?
No, you are shit. Try lasting longer than you do in bed next time, before giving a review

>If this music isn't to my personal taste, does that mean it is the wrong song for the Night Lords?
No

>ITS NOT METAL I CAN SHAKE MY NECKBEARD TO????
Metal music doesn't suit chaos, this isn't the 80s. The Night Lords have evolved a lot in the last 8-10 years, so get on board or fuck off. Metal only really suits World Eaters, even then, probably Hardcore.

>My Emps Children love the shit metal though!!!
No, your structured music would bore them to death. Please read current fluff, not your 80s shit

>LOL LOOK MY SHIT SONG ABOUT BATS OR LIGHTNING IS FUNNY
*Pat pat* nice original joke, friend

>Does the above point apply for any of my other "funny" song ideas?
Yes.

>I know more about music than you because that is brostep, not dubstep
Doesn't change the fact that it is the correct song for the Night Lords

>Why did you word that first sentence weirdly?
Because people thought they were clever with their spam filter

>Cypher
>regular space marine

I guess that makes every single Unforgiven combined also weaker than a single regular space marine.

What show is this?

With an epub reader.

>99
confirmed Tzeentch

Any chance of a recommendation for one?

READIUM
E
A
D
I
U
M

>orks are a melee race
>60 multi meltas!
>put a church on the base
>tony hawk pro skater skull
>only idiots anchor their stormsurges
>riptides are the tau's TEQ

Source?

Where's the left pistol from, please?

How does he even draw that sword?

Berzerker plasma pistol I think

khorne berzerkers kit

He doesn't. He just bonks people on the head with its handle.

He doesn't, it's not his to wield, only the Lion.

a major part of cypher's lore is that he literally never does. he might be saving it for something, when he draws the sword (or hands it to his mysterious deliveree) some shit is supposed to go down

God job faggot, just filter the video then.

Also evading filter to antagonise is shitposting, don't bother replying, you won't even leave a reply stub.

Is just me or his armor looks like he has been canivalizing other armors? specially his backpack

it's horus heresy era dark angels armor.

>Don't reply to him
>With a reply to him

10.000 year long penitent walk to terra with no mutations to re-knit it.

Probably the same armor he's had forever (assuming he's immortal), or the same armor he had since a couple of years ago (assuming he's time travelling), or the same armor passed down through multiple generations (assuming Cypher is only a title).

But it would be cool to have a marine surviving by harvesting other marine's equipment.

Just shows how loyal I am for not recognizing CSM bits.

Shut up, Carnac.

They had symetric backpack, that backpack isn't symetric, also a single Cataphractii shoulder pad

probably

It says in his fluff that he still wears the same armor he had as a loyalist dark angel, hence the black color, and you can clearly see the DA-badge shape of the backpack. Maybe he always just had special armor, or he has repaired/changed it over the millenia.

I want to know what fucking Space Marine backpack design has a fucking stove pipe coming out of it.

>Cypher carries a long sword across his back that is far too big for even an Astartes' hands
>the sword's handle can't even fit both of Cypher's hands

It's literally a hand-and-a-half sized sword for regular Astartes.

it's just a funky shaped air vent

That's actually a socket that he can use to plug into the Rock's computer systems and steal all the Dangels heretical secrets.

Was thinking same thing. Aren't there other swords space marines have used of similar size?

is the Z sword, not anyone can wield it

>YFW you realise the Lion isn't coming back because they just released a model with his sword on Cypher's back

WOOOOOOOOO

EREBUS, HE'S FINALLY KICKED THE BUCKET!

Looking at the crossguard and blade, it looks more like a great sword but with a shorter, fatter grip. I'm sure he could use it, but probably not as effectively.

40k models aren't exactly perfectly proportioned

>all these retarded questions about cypher
>whoa that sword can't be drawn
>whoa what's up with is armour
>whoa what mark is that plasma pistol

literally just google cypher 40k

So there is a rumor that Cypher will tell the Dark Angel some truth that will split the Dark Angels and Unforgiven into two factions. Those who joined Cypher and those who are against them.

What is this secret?

So it's a one-handed sword, but at the size of a two-handed sword? I guess that makes sense. Two handed for regular marines but the handle is too short for them to lift, but a regular sword for Primarchs.

luther was right, lion el is a heretic. not even memeing, this is the most likely answer and something GW would pull

They're up to TWO Guillimans now. There's never going to be a Lion OR any of the other primarchs that haven't already come out.

>a loyalist primarch in thousand sons traitor legion armor

what did GW mean by this

The only one you KNOW is coming back is Russ. Space wolves have always had fans in the design studio. Since Guilliman is back it's only a matter of time for the return of the Wolf Lord. I'm honestly surprised he didn't arrive first.

Killing the lion would be kek worthy.

Jeesus Christ this model is ugly

Same box has a fucking marine-sized sword that Guillman is wielding one-handed.

If Guilmann who trained with the gladius can wield that thing one handed, Cyphers sword's tiny for the Lion who was trained by feudal knights.

This is one of the first lists I've written so I could really use some help optimizing.

1850 Renegades & Heretics: Vraks Renegade Unending Host

HQ
Renegade Command Squad
Arch Demagogue, master of the horde, covenant of nurgle, 4x Disciples

Troops
Renegade Infantry Platoon
15x PCS, Demagogue, x3 plasma guns, chaos sigil, vox, militia training
15x Infantry Squad, x3 plasma guns, chaos sigil, vox, militia training
15x Infantry Squad, x3 plasma guns, chaos sigil, vox, krak grenades, militia training

15x PCS, Demagogue, x3 plasma guns, chaos sigil, vox, militia training
15x Infantry Squad, x3 plasma guns chaos sigil, vox, militia training
15x Infantry Squad, x3 plasma guns, chaos sigil, vox, krak grenades, militia training

15x PCS, Demagogue, x3 melta guns, chaos sigil, vox, militia training
15x Infantry Squad, x3 melta guns, chaos sigil, vox, militia training
15x Infantry Squad, x3 melta guns, chaos sigil, vox, krak grenades, militia training

20x Plague Zombies

Heavy Support
Renegade Strike Battery: 2x Renegade Wyverns

Lords of War
Renegade Baneblade

The Unending Host allows troop choices of 15+ that die return to the opponents side of the board outflanking on a 2+. The baneblade provides Fanatic and Zealot within 12" and any model being targeted through my troops gets an 3+ cover save. I'm not sure if I should include wyverns or a battery of 3 rapier laser destroyers which provide some much needed AA if needed with the ability to take snap shots.

I'm sorry does he have a heavy bolter on his fucking man sized powerfist?

combi heavy bolter/flamer

are you gents pretending to not know these things trolling

Someone's been dipping into the Deathwatch armory. Shame he doesn't have a frag cannon

Cypher's sword is 1H
Guilliman's Emperor sword is 2H and he is wearing super power armor.

I haven't been keeping up on all the news. I only saw the model once before now and just sort of passed it over without scrutiny.

cypher's and girlyman's lore are well over a decade old tho?

Well Calgar is holding onto Guillmanns two powerfists with bolters attached, so it's only he he gets a doublepowered fist with a heavy bolter right?

What was the old fluff source of info that Failbaddon actually won all black crusades?

Well where does it say he had a combi flamer/heavy bolter?

>man-thing
Tyranids are Skaven now?

>YFW the reason the AdMech collaborated with Deldar was not to resurrect Guillmann but to clone him and upload the codex astartes into his brain to act as a Figurehead.

The Price was his actual body.

doesn't look like a flamer to me, looks like The Arbitrator, a weapon he has had forever

Why is there a flamer pilot lighton it? Or it is a plasma charger?

Grey Knights versus Thousand Sons?

All the lore about the Black Crusades state that he had a goal, put down what that goal was, and he achieves that goal, usually not entirely successfully.
The meme that he lost all of them is that, a meme.

I don't see a pilot light. That weapon is girlyman's artifact combi-bolter. It's S6 AP3 with rending or something.

And I don't really know Guilliman lore closely enough to know what personal weapons he carried around on him. Is it actually incomprehensible to you that a person wouldn't know this shit?

To be fair the meme stays.
Lose everything!
Buahahahahaha Bakka Imperium I've completed my secret objective!
But you have no armies or fleet left!
Lalalalalalalala secret objective lalalalalalalala

It is lame as fuck, even by GW. Well at least Tau victories got reckton on the backgrounds because they made no sense.

sure, I don't expect everybody to know everything about 40k, but I figured everybody knows at least the basics about primarchs and if not . . . you can easily google. I thought ultramarines often having special bolters on their hero dudes was common knowledge.

Guys, it's time to another "HOW TO MAKE ORKS GREAT AGAIN"

>I don't see a pilot light.

T+1 across the board
Done
Go
Why are you still here?
Fuck off
WAAAAAGGGHH!

hmmm, that's weird, it's harder to notice in the other pic. the arbitrator is just supposed to be a combi-bolter tho

Do you even know English or are you some underage wanker repeating things he doesn't understand?

Anyone recommend some 40k youtube channel, essentially mwg without the rules mistakes?

Is there any old source that directly says that Abaddon won all his Crusades?

>I'll suck the Materium dry!

Abaddon is megatron. He loses every episode.

Ain't that the old one Calgar is using now?

Striking Scorpion 82.
His fluff on the battles are awesome, he is passionate, the tables look amazing.

GW have a fucking mess on their hands in terms of tech in the Imperium. It's either 'we don't use tech anymore so we are more primitive than the past' or 'the past had more primitive designs than the present'. Which fucking is it?

Also why would a future intergalactic human race make belt fed fucking pistols with 5 shots?

For starters the Gorkanaut should have this fucking gun on its arm instead of the gun that's barely better than two twin-linked big shootas.

That's....not bad actually. I still feel like +1 Wounds across the board would be more indicative of Orks in fluff and be more effective, but T6 Biker Boyz sounds pretty good I have to say.

Since GW doesn't make a stand regarding base sizes.
I'm fucking lost.
What the hell even uses 32mm or the other shit. Returning from 3rd sure has been a crush course.

Side note why do Tau and Eldar have anime mechas now? Tau used to have big flying power amour and Eldar the noodle arms wraith lord.

Why the fuck everything is so big now?

Here's the pasta

>Strikingscorpion82
Great if you don't fall asleep with the slides of text.

>WintersSEO
Best of the best. Nice chap that loves his Space Marines.

>Geeks40kchannel
Another brit with great batreps.

>TabletopTactics
Toppest of top. Guest appearances from other brit gamers.

>TheLegionWargaming
Great quality “batreps” though dicerolls and actual players are never seen.

>Guerrilla Miniatures
Top tier batreps and not just 40k.

>GrimResolve
New channel, great batreps.

>Peter Crawford
Slow motion autism.

>MiniWarGaming
Autism made a job. Mediocre-tier but tons of videos. Quantity over quality.

>TheGlacialGeek
Medium-tier batreps.A filler that's better than nothing.

>AceFace
Occassional batreps with good production value.

>Striking Scorpion 82.
I'll check it out

I've been reading the original Eye of Terror campaign book recently. Each crusade is described as a victory for the Imperium, "albeit at terrible cost etc etc"

Guerilla miniatures, dude from mwg started up on his own. Was the major rules stickler though so it's all kosher.

Big centerpiece models sell well because people like big centerpiece models. They can also sell them for a lot of money, and can sell even more by letting people take them in large numbers in normal games.

enjoy your 4hour long videos with nothing happening

>32mm
"Officially" Space marines and similar heroic scale infantry.

Personally I also put Nobs on them.

Shit song for a shit legion.

For starters the Gorkanaut should have super-heavy type and S D in cc
fix you

Alright thanks for list.

cool

:^(